April 20, 2014 | 1253 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2006 4:19:00 PM More reviews by classygirl

I've been using this product for about 3yrs now. However, I've been using Voluminous regular mascara for a good 10yrs. The reason I switched- my skin got oily after having my babies. The regular Voluminous would run. This would not. I will say though, it will flake at times, but it is a minor complaint from me bc I typically only get the "flakes" when taking the mascara off. I use Black/brown and have not been disappointed. I've tried lots and this is the best drugstore brand out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2006 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Marguerite

I guess mascara is like perfume, lipstick and foundation primer: whether you like it or not depends on so many factors. For me, L’Oréal Voluminous Waterproof is a disappointment. For one thing, it does not do what it claims to do which is “thicken lashes evenly, smoothly leaving them soft with virtually no flakes, smudges or clumps”. For another, the opening of the tube is so wide that the brush carries way too much product out with it making the use of a blotting tissue and/or clean mascara brush necessary. The good points: it thickens and darkens lashes effectively (the Black at least); it was tear-proof at my daughter’s wedding; it does not make my lashes brittle; it does not weigh them down; it keeps my curl; and it comes off easily enough with a dual-phase eye makeup remover. When I was younger, I used to love L’Oréal mascaras even though I knew that they would start drying up and flaking after only two short weeks of use; no other drugstore mascara looked so good on my lashes (or so I thought). Now, I buy L’Oréal mascaras for special occasions only, and preferably at a lower price, because I intend to wear them only for their two good weeks. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2006 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Amanda_Gilead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

The best mascara I have ever used! I had used the regular Voluminous previously and it was a clumpy mess that smudged really bad. This is SO much better than the regular Voluminous. Like every other mascara I've used I have to wipe off the excess mascara on a paper towel. Other than that I don't have any problems with it. It doesn't flake, smudge, clump, or sting my eyes and it holds a curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Buesche2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been faithfully using this for over a year now after trying dozens of other mascaras. This is by far the best I've come across. It really thickens and lenghtens my lashes with only a few thin coats, or gives a more natural look with only one coat. Very minimal clumping and great staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2006 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Paulygirl21

This is currently my mascara. It's not great, but the best I've tried thus far.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2006 3:38:00 PM More reviews by MC_Pee_Pants

I used Voluminous Waterproof on a wedding party (myself included), and it didn't budge though we all sobbed like babies through the ceremony. The formula is very comparable to the other Voluminous mascaras in terms of how it applies and how it looks on the lashes. The alpha and omega as far as mascara is concerned.

I only wear waterproof for special occasions, however, since daily wear tends to make my lashes brittle. Regular washing won't remove it--you need to use eye makeup remover (i.e. Vasoline) to get it all. I also try to give the ol' lashes a day off a week to make up for the other six days I torture them.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2006 8:36:00 PM More reviews by sugar113

The best mascara out there.. definitely out-lasts the non-water proof one but its more difficult to wash off.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2006 5:50:00 PM More reviews by MALRK

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definately my dramatic HG mascara of the moment. Even though i love my CG LE, it just doesn't give enough oomph for nighttime. Voluminous is the perfect solution. It lengthens and Thickens, and is *almost* smudge free (not completely smudge free like my CGLE, but pretty darn close). Love love love! edit: began to smudge like crazy on me. I've replaced this w/ a new combo of CG Volume Exact over L'oreal Volume Shocking primer (only, not the mascara).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2006 1:48:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A good mascara. It makes my lashes look thicker and longer than most other brands I've tried, although it does have a tendency to glob (to avoid this, wipe the wand with a tissue before applying. It works wonders). The consistency is a bit strange, almost like a gel, so if you do apply it too thickly initially, it ends up all over your face. My only complaint is that it doesn't dry hard, which is why I've stopped using it. (my bangs un-curl my eyelashes unless I use a mascara that dries to a tougher shell haha). That aside though, it's great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2006 9:10:00 PM More reviews by crybaby

This mascara is great... it makes my lashes long, dark, and well, voluminous! But it does has a tendency to flake occasionally. I also like to scrape excess product against the edge of the tube before I use it, to prevent any clumps. If used light-handed and carefully, it'll give you a wonderful dramatic look. I just wish it defined better! Nonetheless, I always end up coming back to this... YSL Faux Cils is the best, but too expensive to buy regularly.