October 21, 2014 | 1436 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2007 8:06:00 AM More reviews by Sarahaparis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS. I am a beauty junkie and I will never stray from this product. It lasts a long time, makes your lashes very long and very full. I have blonde, medium length lashes that need a lot of work to look full and wonderful: THIS DOES IT EVERYTIME. I've tried everything. Nothing is better. It's my HG product. A do-not-miss product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2006 10:44:00 PM More reviews by hellokitty626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this mascara sucks. even though its waterproof, it did not hold my curl that well. my curl fell after a few minutes. didnt do much in volumizing for my thin and sparse lashes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2006 2:42:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Boo! I usually have an easy time w/ mascara's and love L'Oreal's Voluminous regular, non-waterproof mascara; BUT this waterproof one is totally different. It clumps lashes right away and doesn't even give my lashes thickness or volume or length. I tried to get the clumps out immediately after applying w/ my lash comb and that didn't even separate the gobs. I threw it out, and wouldn't even swap it. Would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2006 1:12:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great mascara for day and night that won't run, flake or smear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2006 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Aerislanne

This is the best mascara I've ever used. Previously, I've tried CG Lash Exact, Maybelline Sky-High Curves, L'Oreal 3D-Architect, etc. All were pretty decent but flawed mascaras: Lash Exact didn't hold a curl, Sky-High Curves didn't volumise much, and 3D-Architect flaked on me as the tube got older.

I've never had a problem with it clumping, smudging, or flaking unless I've slept with it on. I work as a dancer, so I wear this every night- no damage to my lashes so far (fingers crossed!) and no problems with raccoon eyes either. It also holds a curl, which is quite a feat - I usually curl with a Shiseido lash curler, and then brush this on. I've found that wearing this, letting it dry, then applying Lash Exact gives me incredible, thick AND long lashes. I have otherwise short, invisible Asian lashes, and this is my winning HG combination. I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2006 3:36:00 AM More reviews by gelala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My favorite mascara ever! I have tried a lot of d/s mascara and was never really satisfied with any of them. I have tried h/e ones that I received in gwp but never found anything I loved. This however I love. I have long but super straight and not too sparse lashes for as asian. I always have to curl my lashes before mascaras and most would take out the curl. I have to use waterproof formulas as it does hold the curl so much better than regular formulas. I did get the regular formula for Voluminous first and it didn't work out but the waterproof is 100X better for me. Holds the curl all day, and gives me longer looking lashes. No smudging at all. I repurchase all the time when they go on sale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2006 4:19:00 PM More reviews by classygirl

I've been using this product for about 3yrs now. However, I've been using Voluminous regular mascara for a good 10yrs. The reason I switched- my skin got oily after having my babies. The regular Voluminous would run. This would not. I will say though, it will flake at times, but it is a minor complaint from me bc I typically only get the "flakes" when taking the mascara off. I use Black/brown and have not been disappointed. I've tried lots and this is the best drugstore brand out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2006 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Marguerite

I guess mascara is like perfume, lipstick and foundation primer: whether you like it or not depends on so many factors. For me, L’Oréal Voluminous Waterproof is a disappointment. For one thing, it does not do what it claims to do which is “thicken lashes evenly, smoothly leaving them soft with virtually no flakes, smudges or clumps”. For another, the opening of the tube is so wide that the brush carries way too much product out with it making the use of a blotting tissue and/or clean mascara brush necessary. The good points: it thickens and darkens lashes effectively (the Black at least); it was tear-proof at my daughter’s wedding; it does not make my lashes brittle; it does not weigh them down; it keeps my curl; and it comes off easily enough with a dual-phase eye makeup remover. When I was younger, I used to love L’Oréal mascaras even though I knew that they would start drying up and flaking after only two short weeks of use; no other drugstore mascara looked so good on my lashes (or so I thought). Now, I buy L’Oréal mascaras for special occasions only, and preferably at a lower price, because I intend to wear them only for their two good weeks. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2006 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Amanda_Gilead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

The best mascara I have ever used! I had used the regular Voluminous previously and it was a clumpy mess that smudged really bad. This is SO much better than the regular Voluminous. Like every other mascara I've used I have to wipe off the excess mascara on a paper towel. Other than that I don't have any problems with it. It doesn't flake, smudge, clump, or sting my eyes and it holds a curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2006 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Buesche2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been faithfully using this for over a year now after trying dozens of other mascaras. This is by far the best I've come across. It really thickens and lenghtens my lashes with only a few thin coats, or gives a more natural look with only one coat. Very minimal clumping and great staying power.