July 28, 2014 | 2086 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by rainydaygrl

I normally use Estee Lauder DBL Wear but purchased the whip CS for" around the house wear" hoping to make the pricey DL last longer. I found my CS at a discount store, paid about 4.00, figured it was worth a try at that price. I was shocked at how much I really liked the CS. After using my EL primer I apply CS w/ fingers, stippling over w/ brush then smoothing around hairline, jaw and under eyes with sponge. The finish is nice, smooth, not dry or oily, lasting throughout my 24 hr shift with minimal touch up. Like most foundation junkies I have tried many in all price ranges, the CS has no real down side for me. The jar bothers some but I don't mind, having used Lancome Absolute creme in the past I was used to a creme coming packaged this way. I like the CS much better than Absolute and almost as much as EL Double Wear. At my age you have to be very careful with makeup it can take years off your appearance or make you look dry, wrinkly and older, this foundation has worked well for me. I would advise against it though if you have flaky skin or very dry skin. For dry skin a good moisturizer and primer with minimal powder would be advisable. Good luck ladies nothing will work for everyone but this is worth a try.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by shle33

This is a holy grail foundation for me. I love the finish it leaves and how it lasts throughout the day. Not only does my foundation look good but all the products that sit on top of this foundation looks great and lasts most of the day. I'm a foundation junkie but this is one of my favorites. If I know I'm going to be gone for most of the day and need a good lasting foundation, this is my go-to. In my opinion, this is much better than the original colorstay. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by laladerk

I really like this stuff, great product! Feels light and very blendable, buildable coverage without that typical cakey foundation look. My only issue is the packaging, pretty terrible, heavy and bulky jar. This would be an amazing product if it came in a pump container! This is now my second favorite revlon foundation, i am a huge fan of photo ready foundation but this one definitely offers more coverage.
Overall, great formula for a drug store brand, very comparable to higher end products.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by itsjackiebella

Available in twelve shades, Revlon Colorstay Whipped Crème Makeup claims “the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy”. This product retails somewhere in the range of $12-$14, 0.8 fluid ounces.

TEXTURE & FINISH:
The texture is similar to a light fluffy cream; it has kind of a cream-meets-mousse type of texture. When applying, it spreads like a silicone-based primer. Because it glides on so smoothly, a little bit of product goes a long way and it doesn’t require much effort to blend into the skin evenly. It doesn’t leave a completely matte finish, which it claims. When I first apply it, it looks somewhat matte but once it sets it gives a semi-matte finish. It gives the skin a “matte with a little bit of dewy-ness” look (not at all oily, shiny, or greasy-looking).

BEST APPLICATION:
I find that by using my fingertips to blend the foundation onto my skin, starting in the center of my face, forehead, nose and chin blending outward gives me the most flawless finish. Sometimes if I don’t feel like getting my hands dirty, I’ll use a brush with densely packed bristles to achieve a similar finish, however, I prefer the finish I get when using my fingertips.

COVERAGE:
Revlon claims this product to be “buildable to full coverage” and I somewhat agree. If you already have “good skin” and only want to even out your skin tone, all you need is a sheer layer. For more coverage, just build it up. This product allows you to build up the coverage without caking up (unless you’re applying 10 layers then of course you should expect it to cake up). If you have extremely dark circles and really bad acne scars, this product may not cover it up completely but it does an amazing job of covering up redness, minor imperfections, and evening out your skin tone.

STAYING/LASTING POWER:
If you have dry to normal skin, this product will certainly last all day, maybe not a FULL 24 hours but definitely an entire workday and throughout the evening. If you have oily skin like me, this product still holds up nicely throughout the day. It stays on my skin for about 8-10 hours without any fading or needing to touchup. Even on an extremely hot day, this product stays put on my skin with some blotting needed towards the end of the day, but this is normal with any foundation on my skin type. I usually set my foundation (all foundations in general) with a finely milled powder, but there were a few times where I forgot to set my makeup and went out of the house. To my surprise, this product held up so beautifully! It lasted ALL DAY just as long as it would when I do set my foundation (still needing to blot towards the end of the day) and this is why I LOVE this product!

FRAGRANCE:
The product has a little bit of the same “plastic-paint” smell that the original Revlon Colorstay Foundation has, but not as strong. The smell doesn’t linger on the skin and isn’t too overwhelming, in my opinion, so it doesn’t really bother me and certainly isn’t a deal breaker.

PACKAGING:
The product comes in a large, sturdy, weighty glass container. The container design has a classy look to it, sitting on my bathroom counter. However, I’m not a huge fan having to dip my fingers/brushes into a product due to hygienic reasons. Also, because it comes in a large/bulky container, it’s not exactly travel-friendly. For this reason, while traveling I have to transfer the product into a smaller container, which becomes a hassle.
Another issue I have with the packaging is that it doesn’t allow you to see the actual shade of product that is inside. Because of this, it makes it extremely difficult to get a correct color match. The color that you see through the jar is extremely lighter than the actual shade so I had to go through 3 different jars to find my exact match.

MY FINAL VERDICT-

The Good:
• Has a buildable coverage that leaves a flawless finish
• Staying/lasting power is amazing
• Glides smoothly and evenly onto the skin without too much effort
• No white cast when using flash photography
• Very affordable

The Bad:
• The packaging makes it difficult to color match
• Bulky packing makes it a hassle for traveling

The Beautiful Truth:
I would recommend this product to people of all skin types. It gives my sensitive combination-oily skin a beautiful semi-matte finish that lasts all day with great coverage without breaking me out.

For a before and after pic, check out:

Come visit my blog at http://www.itsjackiebella.com for more beauty & skincare tips!! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by sdg13

I am humbled by this foundation. I had seen a great review of it by the Beauty Professor on her blog and decided to give it a try. I think I have this in Natural Beige. This foundation has exceeded many of my expectations. It applies easily and blends in very nicely, either with a brush or sponge. It wears very well, almost all day and seems to keep my oily skin under control. It doesn't highlight pores or fine lines. Seriously, I would pay almost anything for a great foundation. I have tried so many...Armani, Chanel, By Terry, Tom Ford, Sisley to name a few. Really worthwhile to try this. My only big complaint is the packaging...it comes in a big glass tub...unsanitary and breakable.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by camille002

finally gave in and bought this at the pharmacy after hearing SO MANY GOOD THINGS ABOUT IT. i shouldnt have. i don't like it at all.
my skin is combination/dry, and i like the regular colorstay one so i thought this one would be similar but no, it made my skin look dry especially around my nose.
i exfoliate my skin twice a week and moisturize it twice a day, but this just made my skin look dry and cakey.
also it's hard to apply and can look muddy if not done properly.
i bought it in 'nude' which looked ok in store (it's the only tester they had at shoppers drugmart) but after applying it with a makeup sponge it got darker. shouldve gotten sand beige.
i honestly don't know why everyones so obsessed with this foundation.
the packaging is annoying and heavy, u have to dip your fingers in it everytime which is a bit gross, and it dries out the skin + makes it look cakey. also, i paid about 18$ for this which is pretty expensive for what i got..
will stick to my regular colorstay foundation... disappointed!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, so I drank the Kool aid! Haha. So many great reviews and some not so good. The people that love this stuff really love it! I am now one of the people that LOVE this. It is light, easy to blend, looks natural and has enough color selection to find one that works. I got nude and it may be a tad too light as we move into spring and summer as I get more color on my face. I am relatively fair but tan well. I use a foundation brush by Eco tools and it is a quick makeup process. I was using dermablend foundation which I love but can be too heavy for everyday makeup. This revlon foundation is perfect for everyday use but can be built up for night time also. So surprised to find something this good by revlon at the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by fcirone1

Very pleased with this product! I have oily, combination skin and this really controls my oily skin. I previously used the original colorstay liquid formula for oily/combo skin until they changed it!! It wasn't the same! So decided to try this out. It goes on really smoothly, med to full coverage and i top it off with a dusting of Covergirl professional powder ....excellent matte finish all day long!! which is quite a feat for my oily skin! I use the sand beige shade which is perfect for my complexion...typically nc 25 in MAC...in the summer i may go to nude as i get a bit more color, but otherwise is this as perfect as you can get in a long lasting foundation....even BETTER than Estee Lauder Double wear or the MAC studio fix foundations and a fraction of the price...also you can find on sale or 30% off from time to time which is when i stock up!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by evesinkiewicz

I would start this product out with a rating of 5 stars upon first application, however, as it wears on there are two issues I have found to arise: 1) It leaves a slightly greyish cast to my face. Nothing horrible but enough to cause me to find a different foundation. I saw the grey cast with both warm and cool shades also so it wasn't simply me using the wrong tone and washing myself out. 2) With continued use, it really dries the skin out. As someone with combination skin, I really loved the oil control at first but after a week of constant wear it makes my skin so dry that it's uncomfortable and you can see the makeup caking despite tons of moisturizer.

All in all, I'll keep this around as a cheap alternative to my higher end makeup but it's definitely not something I will go back to using daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by xjennat

I really am starting to love this foundation! Prior to colorstay whipped I had used the original colorstay and I had used it for a couple of years until I felt like it wasn't doing it for me anymore. I'd always have to mix two shades and at the end of a school day my face looked too oily so I thought I would try something else. So I picked up colorstay whipped! I have a light/medium skin tone with yellow undertones (half Asian) and found that warm golden matches pretty well even though the actual foundation looks darker than my skin. I find that using a damp stipple brush works fairly well (better than my fingers). I stipple it on then blend it out. A little goes a long way and I can tell my complexion looks way more even. It doesn't do a great job of covering my dark circles but that's okay. It sort of feels buttery and moist even after setting with powder and I'm afraid it will rub off on my boyfriend during cuddle sessions :) but at the end of a 10 hour day with it on it looked great if not better! It stayed on way better than the original colorstay ever did and had still covered up my redness and large pores! If you're like me who doesn't want to spend a ton of money on high-end makeup but wants a good medium-heavy coverage foundation, this is for you! I even feel like my skin without makeup looks better now from using the whipped version... Maybe the original colorstay was too heavy for me.

I had got a couple pimples in the time I started to use it but I think it was from school and finals stress not from the actual makeup.

Buy this product!!!