November 25, 2014 | 1817 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by rohiam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so after some time of using this, I've got a few things to say. First off, the packaging is horrible. I was cleaning my counter, and it fell onto my lightly carpeted floor, and a part of the bottom shattered. SHATTERED. I've dropped my Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush (also in similar glass) on tile and it withstood. It still stands up straight and the product is fine, but points off on packaging. Be VERY careful with the package. I also realized my skin is double toned, meaning darker on the outside and lighter on the inside. I apply this to the inside of my face with a dupe beauty blender sponge and it works fantastic, blends right into my face, and not to advertise, but beauty sponges actually work very well with liquids and creams, make them look dewey vs. dried out or oily. I then work Maybelline Dream Mousse Liquid Foundation in Caramel to the outsides of my face, and it gives me depth and makes me look natural. If it looks too dewey or wet, I brush my big Ecotools Retractable Kabuki over my face and it makes it more matte. Altogether, it's still a great product. I would definitely repurchase. It's not heavy at all, and it blends into the darker color really nicely to give me dimension. If you want something with not too much coverage (you can build if you so choose) but enough to be a base for the rest of your makeup, this is wonderful. (I deleted my first review because it wasn't right, through everything I've learned about my face)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by nicki5687

when i first saw the product reviews on youtube i was hype to go out and buy this instantly. im very impatient because i felt i needed it at that moment! when i saw the priced i cringed and when i saw the glass packaging i thought wtf this cannot travel with me everyday to work. i tried it with my fingers i liked the outcome and i used the revlon colorstay pressed powder to set it i got the color buff and its perfect for my extremely pale skin without the pink undertone like most drugstore foundations seem to have so thats a def plus. however, my problem with this foundation is the constant transferring i tend to play with my nose a lot and i can notice where ive touched my face because it comes onto my fingers and leaves a bald patch this never happened when i used the liquid version of the colorstay. i would buy again if its on sale but i think im going to switche back to my hg foundation which is revlon colorstay liquid.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Michamich

Early tan matches the nc 42 skin tone in terms of darkness but is much more neutral than yellow. The color ended up looking dull rather than complimenting my skin. The color also oxidizes darker and becomes orange throughout the day if you wear a sunscreen. It has a natural semi matte finish. I could only use this product for a week as it made me break out more and more right after the first day I wore it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by admilly101

Ok, I am not going to review this like I traditionally do.... I am gonna start by saying I tried this foundation 4 TIMES before I finally realized how to use it properly.
TRY 1: I bought it the second it came out, and found it to be far too thick, so I returned it.
TRY 2: I decided to give it another chance because I needed something that would provide coverage and last all day. By that point this foundation had become even MORE popular! However, I thought the finish was too matte. Again, returned it.
TRY 3: Winter came, and I need something that would last all day for school. But I bought a shade too light and looked like a ghost!!!
LUCKY TRY 4: After watching different methods of application, I decided to try it one more time. I bought "200 Sand Beige" and it matches almost perfectly (i have beige skin, more on the yellow side). I applied it the way I apply my BB cream- warming a bit of product between my fingers, patting it all over my face, then buffing with my fingers. I find this gives the best finish, which resulted in a soft matte finish that lasted me from the beginning of my day at 6:30AM all the way to 9:30PM, after I had gone to school and work. It fades slightly, but in a very gracious way. Another big concern I have had about this foundation: WOULD IT BREAK ME OUT? Well, so far so good! I can usually tell right away if a foundation does not agree with my skin, but so this has not irritated my skin at all it seems(I have VERY VERY SENSITIVE SKIN!!!). Coverage I would say is a high-medium to a full coverage. This is great because my skin has been misbehaving again, I suspect do to the change in weather.
Basically, I really love this foundations now. I FINALLY see what the big deal is! Here is my more helpful review:

Overall Rating: 4/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE:$11-15 USD
COVERAGE: High/Medium-Full coverage
FINISH: Soft Matte, but also natural. Have to be careful with blending- can either hide pores or make them huge, so blend well!
TEXTURE: Feels like pudding
SPF: I dont think there is any
LASTING POWER: 15 hours
SHADES: 200 soft beige = perfection on me. It can be difficult to find your shade- they all look the same on the outside! So be careful when choosing a shade.
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: No
PACKAGING: Too bulky and messy
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Yes
FINAL VERDICT: Love!

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I FREAKING LOVE THIS STUFF! I was wearing the original Colorstay formula but I stopped bc I felt like it was clogging up my skin and I wanted to give it a break. I moved on to a department store foundation that I liked but I still wasn't 100% sold. I was at Publix and I saw this stuff in the makeup aisle and I had never heard of it before and I've always wanted to try a whipped/mousse formula makeup bc my skin can be dry and flaky in areas and oily in others and I wanted to see if the texture would be good for me. I really like fuller coverage, but I like it to look smooth, natural and like my actual skin, which is not an easy feat! This formula is incredible! It goes on and blends like a dream! So smooth and natural looking. Its not like a mask at all..You can actually see my skin's natural beauty shining through this but it still provides full coverage! The color I picked matches me perfectly and doesn't feel heavy or cakey at all! I apply it with a beauty blender and just buff into my skin! It's so quick and easy! It lasts all day long like the original Colorstay but doesn't feel like I'm wearing a greasy mask on my face by the end of the day. It's doesn't budge an inch and it keeps a really nice matte/satin finish all day long! I actually feel like it looks better and better as the day goes on! It never oxidizes or needs touching up. My only gripe is the packaging! I bought it for $13.99 and you really sont get very much at all. Thankfully, a little goes a long way. The glass jar seems large but is really just made of super thick glass which could break easily if you aren't very careful and its not very hygienic to dip your fingers over and over again into your makeup pot. I just stick a Qtip in and transfer it to my face so that I don't make a mess everywhere. I would definitely recommend this over the Original Colorstay! Try it out! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this due to all the raves here on MUA.

It was hard to select a matching shade in store, as pharmacies always have an incompetent lighting, and the glass jar is so thick, that it's hard to fully compare the shades.

I still made a good match somehow, and right away replaced my original colorstay with this.

Now let me complain.
The container is huge, bukly, and heavy. I used to think the original was a pain to travel with, but this takes the cake. Also, it is more expensive than the original, and you get only about half as much product. Given that this is a thicker, and technically you can use less, it's still a bummer.

I have applied this with a stippling brush, and the sonia kashuk sponge. I have set it with my go to powder, and still this did not hold up nowhere near as long as the original. 4 hours later it was starting to slip off, taking the abundance of concealer from under my eyes with it. I tried setting it with 3 powders at some point, and I was still an oily mess.
Upon application, it looks very nice. however, if I look closely, it outlines my pores horribly, it disappears after maybe 10 min once the foundation warms up to my skin. It has a silicony smell, but that does not linger for long.

again, this does not last on my face. I've tired everything. I see how this can work for someone who has time and will to touch up every few hours, but for someone like me, this failed misarebly.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by slothgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the original liquid version of Color Stay, so when this was on sale at the drugstore I knew I wanted to try it. The color selection at the store wasn't so great... Usually I get 220 in liquid form but as that was unavailable I got 250, thinking I could lighten the color with powder if necessary. That works for the first half of the day, but by evening the foundation oxidizes and is orange and patchy, both in dry and oily spots. When first applied, it feels sticky. Once it dries, it feels a bit better but still not fantastic. The packaging is heavy glass (you could use it as a weapon haha) and really only has a small amount of foundation. Truly, I suggest just sticking with the liquid Color Stay as that is always a winner.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by gmmuto48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm a fan of Revlon even though they're a drugstore product so I decided to try this a while back. While the coverage is full, its very tacky. I had to set it with powder which just adds to it's cakeyness. The palest shade is too dark for me, I'm 110 in Maybelline Fit me and shade 15 in Makeup Forever HD Mat Velvet and Nars Siberia, all other brands that I've tried (covergirl, lancome, clinique, etc) are all too dark and not yellow enough.
It does stay a decent amount of time from what I can remember and for me, it photographed well. If you use this everyday though, it will probably make you break out. This is the only foundation that has ever made me break out and I think its due to the thick consistency.
I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by BoldandBright

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am an NC 15 Mac. Bought this in Buff. Good color match. Loved the texture and wear. Picking is horrible (not that Revlon will listen). The threading inside the cap is such flimsy plastic that it croaked over the course of three months and the jar would no longer stay closed! Had to throw it out. Waste of money. Using the new liquid formulation now. It is much better than the old.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by bombasticclassic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Update 4/15
After wearing this product through a couple workdays and throughout the weekend and also FINALLY applying it with a beauty blender, I can definitively say this makes it into HG status. If you do anything with this product, use a beauty blender sponge. Even the fake ones. It makes every gripe you may have about this product go away and leaves only the positive aspects of it. For example, the tackiness people have talked about? Dot the foundation on your face, then dab in with a wet beauty blender. Suddenly much less tackiness (although I do have to say this foundation naturally leans towards a slightly dewy finish, but for me that seems to go away as the day progresses). Also, I mentioned before that the coverage is great, but had to say the finish didn't blow me away. While it didn't look cakey, it didn't look quite natural either. But after a wet beauty blender? The most natural, airbrushed perfect look you've ever achieved. My mother was literally speechless when I told her I was wearing the same foundation I was yesterday after I started using the beauty blender - that's how good my skin looked (I should note I also have terrible skin - acne, scarring, dark marks etc). But after using a wet beauty blender it was perfect, even, airbrushed, with a soft glow. Last of all, somehow the color match seems better and doesn't oxidize after applying with a beauty blender. I know, it sounds impossible, I'm not sure how or why either, only that it works. I think *maybe* that applying with fingers left a definitive foundation line around the jaw so it was easier to tell the color difference, while the sponge seems to blend better. I mentioned in my earlier review that the shade "330 True Beige" wasn't yellow enough? You can't even tell after using a beauty blender. Do try it, this foundation is really damn good by itself but with a beauty blender it's just AMAZING. I don't even use a real beauty blender. I don't even use the Sonia Kashuk knock off. I use the Target knock off of the Sonia Kashuk knock off of the Original Beauty Blender sponge. It was $4.99 and possibly the best investment I've ever made in my life.

------------------------
First impression: God. Damn.

I should note today is the first time I've used the product, I applied at around 7am this morning and it's nearly 12 noon so it's been a legitimate 5 hours and it only seems to look better and better as each hour passes. I should also note that I've always been a whipped creme foundation skeptic - I find the texture nice but gimmicky and doesn't quite work well with my combo/dehydrated skin and make the flakes stand out. I can't say I've ever quite warmed up to the idea and after a few bad experiences I simply stopped wasting money on them. Enter Colorstay Whipped Creme - even as I looked at it in the Target aisle, my brain screamed "Gimmick" but as I hopped on my phone and checked out MUA, it was obvious the reviews said otherwise. I know everyone has their favorites that they hang onto for decades, but I actually do believe in trying the newest launched products sometimes - technology and formulas grow more advanced every year, and I've had so many experiences where I used to swear by so-and-so HE product 2 years ago, only to realize that this year formulas got so sleek I actually like a DS product that does the same damn thing even better.

Colorstay Whipped Creme is kind of like that. I was literally on my way out to buy the MAC Pro Longwear foundation to match the Pro Longwear concealer I have, when I found a whopping nearly 70% rating on MUA for this product. This is, in many ways very much like the Pro Longwear line from MAC. It has fantastic coverage, and has claims to last an incredibly long amount of time (24 hours, but come on). Since I'm only 5 hours in, I'll have to add my post experiences with this makeup later. The finish is quite similar as well, I find it not overly matte and not overly shiny either. So far so good on the oil control, but I should note that grease isn't a huge problem for me. I bought a beauty blender just for this product since the reviews said to, but truthfully I just used my fingers this morning and it looks so perfect I can't imagine it getting much better with a sponge. Will try and update all the same. Seriously, do try this. The packaging, consistency, and most of all the performance really reminds me of a much higher end product. I love it.

The drawbacks, as others have mentioned, is the bulky packaging which, while looks nice and feels heavy/expensive on your boudoir, doesn't travel so well and takes up like half your MU bag. Also the fact that yes, it is a DS line and therefore color selection is limited.

My favorite part is that this works well as the single skin product you use in the morning - nothing else needed - and looks beautiful doing it. This lasts so long and glides on so well that you don't really need a primer, it functions amazing as a foundation, has high enough coverage as a concealer (I just dab a bit more under my eyes, around my nose, over any discolorations/acne), and isn't breaking down throughout the day so it really doesn't seem like one would need to set with a powder either. For reference, I am NC35 (ish), asian with definitive yellow tones, and the shade 330 True Beige is close enough to my skin color that I'm very satisfied with my purchase. If anything, it can still be more yellow, but for all intensive purposes it looks fine indoors in office lighting for me. I've heard many NC35 girls say "320 Warm Golden" is too light/not yellow enough/looks ashy, and others say the next shade above "340 Natural Tan" doesn't work either. 330 is right in the middle... try it.

All in all, if you can find a proper color match, I say take the plunge and buy this product. There's definitely no point in buying something more expensive out there when this works just as well and may look just as good/better on you.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No