Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 6/24/2013 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This packaging is all about style over substance. A heavy glass jar holds very little product, is hopeless in your handbag, and is easily dropped (trust me I did it wrecking my basin, bench and floor tile). I have no idea if the product is good or not as it is now in the rubbish, along with the broken jar.

A tube just like the testers might not be as pretty but it would be way better.

on 6/23/2013 11:33:00 PM

BEST FOUNDATION EVER. I'm so glad I discovered this. It made my skin look gorgeous and it lasts long! Do not hesitate to try. I was so impressed considering it was not expensive at all.

on 6/23/2013 9:43:00 PM

I've used this foundation for months, and have applied it every which way possible. I've found the best way to apply it is with a stippling/buffing foundation brush. However, I feel that no matter how little product I use, this cakes. It is just too heavy and leaves such a thick-feeling mask on my face, I can't handle it. It does make my face look flawless, but it doesn't look like skin by any means. It also takes quite awhile to set properly, and smells like paint. I usually don't care about if a product smells, but I can literally smell this on my face throughout the day. For the price, I think there are better drugstore foundations out there, and certainly much better higher end ones as well. I tried this and wanted to love it, but it just wasn't meant to be.

on 6/23/2013 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This caused me to break out right away. I should've known, since it contains salicylic acid. Ugh. The shade "Caramel" was a good match for me. I love the way it feels going on my face, very smooth, but the finish is gross. I looked like someone literally painted my face in shiny paint. Yuck. I know it's the only practical way to package something of a mousse/gel texture, but the jar is just unhygienic. So, besides the color match, there isn't much good I have to say about this foundation. Bummer, I wanted to love it!!!

on 6/23/2013 1:32:00 AM

This foundation was really natural looking and i love the application!BUT it transfers A LOT i tried to put on a white sweatshirt after about an hour of wearing it and it totally stained it. I was really disapointed because i really wanted to like this product. The color selection is really weird because i got the shade 330 and the shade seemed really dark for my skin because it was during winter during my extreme pale skin times and the color still worked for me, so i wouldn't worry about trying to find the right shade as long as it is close to yours it should be fine and look good. I have both dry and oily spots on my skin and it clinged to my dry spots and i had to touch up with powder on my oily spots. i never wear this foundation anymore it just sits in my makeup collection doing nothing for me

on 6/19/2013 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my HG foundation next to the colorstay liquid foundation. The cool thing for me at least, is that the shade for both product are the same. This whipped foundation is a medium to full coverage. It does not look cakey. The only thing I probably don't like about this is that it comes in a heavy glass jar because I tend to travel a lot and its not travel friendly. Also, the fact that it doesn't have SPF, but my moisturizer has SPF. Other than that, I really like this foundation and I will continue to buy it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love the formulation of this product, any whipped foundation feels so soft and effortless on the skin, and a little goes a long way. My issue with the product is the colour range, I am an NC15-20 and Australia does not stock anything lighter then "Buff" which is significantly to dark for me. I use this on friends and my mother, and occaisionally when I worked in makeup on clients. It's easy to apply, the packaging looks classy, and goes lovely with a buffing brush. It is a little pricy in Australia considering it is "drugstore" and is approx $40 which is nearly as much as MAC but oh well.
Good product, but not for pale girls

on 6/17/2013 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been mixing two shades of liquid Revlon Colorstay (Golden Beige and Warm Golden) because I love the finish and coverage but can't find a shade that matches my NC30 skin. The cream version in Warm Golden seemed like it might be the answer to my prayers, because the liquid Warm Golden oxidizes very quickly if not mixed with the lighter shade. This is a thick cream which is hard to spread. The coverage is on the heavy side and tends to cake in my pores. It does leave a lovely glow to the skin and stays color-true. However, I think the color is a little pinker than the liquid version. If the shades work for you, this would be a good choice. I don't care for the heavy glass jar.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse

Loooove this foundation its very velvety and it doesnt even look like i have foundation on! But its very pricey and the packaging is bad! It looks like theres heaps of foundation in it but when you open it, its half the size! I love this makeup but not happy with the packaging considering price!

on 6/13/2013 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

DESCRIPTION OF ME ~ Light yellowy/olive complexion with a tendency to get redness on my cheeks and around my nose. MAC C2ish/NC20. Large pores, oily and prone to blackheads and occasional acne. Mid-thirties, some sun damage, (melasma) and fine creases on my forehead.

GENERAL DESCRIPTION~ The party line--> "Finally, truly decadent makeup offers ultimate performance. The mousse-like texture feels like silk on your skin. And, the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy." I agree, it doesn't flake, feel or look heavy at all.

PACKAGING~ Glass tub, reeeally annoying packaging but like others haver said, it does look cool!

CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE~ Creamy, thick mousse foundation.

APPLICATION~ Not very blendable, it dries fast but that's the nature of this type of foundation. Just gotta be fast!

FINISH~ The finish is matte but not cakey. Extremely dry, no dewiness on my really oily skin :o And, tight, it feels so tight. I had a hard time getting this stuff off of my skin! It's kind of like, dare I say, paint.

COVERAGE~ If I use my fingers I get a naturalish medium coverage and a stippling brush (I'm currently using an ELF!) and layer it can go pretty close to full.

STAYING POWER~ This stuff stays without powder like nothing I've ever tried.

SCENT~ It still smells like alcohol tbh and that's fine by me. It fades after it dries so not an issue.

COLOUR~ This is the rub. :( It's impossible to find a colour for my NC20 skin. Sand Beige is the right tone but the shade is too neutral, grey looking, ashy. My skin is really warm and this just doesn't work, just not enough yellow in it. The shade up is too dark. It's unfortunate.

OVERALL~ I had a hard time getting it off so I'm not sure if that's what lead to my skin being a bit cranky and stressed out after using this but it doesn't matter, I would put up with that if the shades were right. Everyone needs a super long lasting foundation for humid days and other times when you want your makeup to really last.

Thank you Seclusae2 giving me permission to use your great reviewing format.

INGREDIENTS~ Dimethicone , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Water , Isododecane , PEG/PPG 19/19 Dimethicone , Trisiloxane , Trimethylsioxysilicate , C 13 16 Isoparaffin , Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Boron Nitride , Dimethicone/Bis Isobutyl PPG 20 Crosspolymer , C10 13 Isoparaffin , Glycerin , Salicylic Acid , Tocopherol , Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract , Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract , Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract , Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract , Sodium Hyaluronate , Serica (Silk) , Alumina , Polyisobutene , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer , Cyclodextrin , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Silica , Methicone , Sodium Chloride , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Propylene Carbonate , Triethoxycaprylylsilane , Silica Silylate , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Tetrasodium EDTA , Phenoxyethanol , Caprylyl Glycol , 1 , 2 Hexanediol , May Contain (+/-): Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) , Iron Oxide (CI 77491) , Iron Oxide (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Zinc Oxide (CI 77947)