Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

on 5/19/2012 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love Revlon's lip butters. I prefer tinted lip balms to lipsticks, and this is kind of an in-between. It's moisturizing and has color, so it's like a lip balm, but it's more pigmented than other ones I've used, like Burt's Bees, so it's more like a lipstick in that respect. It doens't last very long, however, so I have to reapply them every couple of hours. I really don't mind having to reapply them though, so overall I have no problems with them!

on 5/19/2012 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I own Berry Smoothie, Peach Parfait and Lollipop. They go on super smooth and make my lips feel moisturized and enriched. They are wonderfully pigmented and look great. Berry Smoothie and Peach Parfait are nice for everyday wear. Lollipop is a bright fuchsia, a little too bright for me so I usually just use it as a light stain.

I do wish they lasted a bit longer on the lips but that is a small complaint. These are definitely worth buying for their smooth texture and high pigment. There is always one in my purse!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Wheu, my first review.
So I purchased this in Creamsicle a little while back and I have to say... I absolutely adore the colour. At first I really, REALLY liked this; most lipsticks suck my lips desert dry, and this did not. The butter was really nice at first. But I find that the more I wear it, the weirder it feels on my lips. Eugh. Some days this product is nice and other days it's horrible xD It's almost... drying now. And it just feels lumpy and weird sometimes, I don't even really know how to describe how odd it feels.

The packaging isn't too bad, but the butter is so soft that after applying it a few times it's started smushing itself against the side of the tube. Not really a problem, but it's kinda messy looking now.

I do think I would buy this again, I just love love love the colour.

on 5/19/2012 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really really like this lip product from revlon. The colors are beautiful and wearable. Prices are okay considering that im still a teenager. However i notice that it does ball up around the edge of my lips throughout the day thats why i gave it four stars. But compared to the revlon matte lipsticks, i like these less.

on 5/19/2012 6:19:00 PM

I purchased Tutti Frutti and Cupcake after seeing all the buzz about Revlon's Lipbutters.

The packaging is ok. It looks cheap but that is to be expected.

Another thing to note would be that this line isn't necessarily a balm, at least not on me. The lipcolor lasts for about 30-40 minutes before fading on me. Tutti Frutti leaves a tint on my lips but Cupcake does not.

I find that, once applied on the lips, lipbutters have an interesting jelly texture. However, while applying the lipbutters, I notice a strange roughness in the product itself and this roughness scratches my lips just a bit. Is this a botched attempt at a "sugary" exfoliating sensation? No clue.

My lips are just a bit dryer than usual after lipbutters fade out so I won't buy any more of them, although I do wear the ones I have. Tutti Frutti is very nice if you want a wearable orange/coral tint.

on 5/16/2012 12:41:00 AM

The case is very hard to open. The top extends almost to the bottom of the whole product length leaving very little base to try to hold while pulling the top off. Forget it if you are lotioned up or arthritic!

on 5/13/2012 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love, love, love this lipstick! It doesn't dry up quickly, and keeps my lips moisturized for a long time. Also, the colour is great, I bought berry smoothie. This product does not disappoint :)

on 5/10/2012 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this - it's my favourite lip product.

I bought it in Candy Apple, which is similar to Mac's Viva Glam Cyndi on me - a fresh, very wearable red that I can put on for work without feeling self-conscious.

I prefer the look of lipstick but the feel of lip gloss, and I think this combines the two perfectly. The consistency is great - glides on, and doesn't dry out my lips. I like the fact the colour is sheer but can be layered for a stronger look.

Will definitely re-purchase.

on 5/10/2012 5:09:00 AM

This is such a lovely, easy-to-use product. I bought 2 shades, Pink Truffle and Creme Brle. Pink Truffle looks quite dark in the tube but in reality it is a soft, sheer rose pink with a nice gloss. Creme Brle looks like a dark tan in the tube but warms up on the lips to a nude with a hint of gold sparkle. The pigmentation of this products depends on how much you apply; one coat for sheer and 2 or 3 more for a more medium coverage.

May I stress is such a WEARABLE lipstick! Ordinarily I wear either very strongly pigmented, "classic" lipsticks such as Diorific by Christian Dior, or scentless, colourless lip balms like Chapstick or Lucas' Papaw Ointment. Revlon Colorburst is the happy middle ground. It applies like a lip balm and feels very comfortable on the lips - moisturising and light. It also gives the lips a lovey wash of colour; it makes wearing bright colours like reds, purples and corals easy without the risk of looking garish. You will need to reapply as your evening progresses, so those looking for a lipstick that will outlast time itself should look somewhere else.

Price-wise, the Australian price of $21.95 is probably a little expensive for my liking, but I happened to walk up to the Revlon counter in Myer when they were having a 2 for $25 sale, which I was more than happy with! In future I will probably look on the Internet for these lipsticks in order to save a penny or two.

My only criticism is the packaging, as when you try to take the lid off the tube, there is very little tube to hold onto, perhaps only 5mm. Other than that, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. Revlon Colorburst is my new favourite lipstick and I want every shade and then some. I hope it never gets discontinued!

on 5/5/2012 4:29:00 PM

I got Candy Apple and I love the shade. It is perfect for me. I like that this doesn't dry my lips. You do have to re-apply fairly often but I prefer that to the long wear lipsticks which really dry my lips.

Popular Lipsticks