Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

on 5/16/2012 12:41:00 AM

The case is very hard to open. The top extends almost to the bottom of the whole product length leaving very little base to try to hold while pulling the top off. Forget it if you are lotioned up or arthritic!

on 5/13/2012 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love, love, love this lipstick! It doesn't dry up quickly, and keeps my lips moisturized for a long time. Also, the colour is great, I bought berry smoothie. This product does not disappoint :)

on 5/10/2012 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this - it's my favourite lip product.

I bought it in Candy Apple, which is similar to Mac's Viva Glam Cyndi on me - a fresh, very wearable red that I can put on for work without feeling self-conscious.

I prefer the look of lipstick but the feel of lip gloss, and I think this combines the two perfectly. The consistency is great - glides on, and doesn't dry out my lips. I like the fact the colour is sheer but can be layered for a stronger look.

Will definitely re-purchase.

on 5/10/2012 5:09:00 AM

This is such a lovely, easy-to-use product. I bought 2 shades, Pink Truffle and Creme Brle. Pink Truffle looks quite dark in the tube but in reality it is a soft, sheer rose pink with a nice gloss. Creme Brle looks like a dark tan in the tube but warms up on the lips to a nude with a hint of gold sparkle. The pigmentation of this products depends on how much you apply; one coat for sheer and 2 or 3 more for a more medium coverage.

May I stress is such a WEARABLE lipstick! Ordinarily I wear either very strongly pigmented, "classic" lipsticks such as Diorific by Christian Dior, or scentless, colourless lip balms like Chapstick or Lucas' Papaw Ointment. Revlon Colorburst is the happy middle ground. It applies like a lip balm and feels very comfortable on the lips - moisturising and light. It also gives the lips a lovey wash of colour; it makes wearing bright colours like reds, purples and corals easy without the risk of looking garish. You will need to reapply as your evening progresses, so those looking for a lipstick that will outlast time itself should look somewhere else.

Price-wise, the Australian price of $21.95 is probably a little expensive for my liking, but I happened to walk up to the Revlon counter in Myer when they were having a 2 for $25 sale, which I was more than happy with! In future I will probably look on the Internet for these lipsticks in order to save a penny or two.

My only criticism is the packaging, as when you try to take the lid off the tube, there is very little tube to hold onto, perhaps only 5mm. Other than that, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. Revlon Colorburst is my new favourite lipstick and I want every shade and then some. I hope it never gets discontinued!

on 5/5/2012 4:29:00 PM

I got Candy Apple and I love the shade. It is perfect for me. I like that this doesn't dry my lips. You do have to re-apply fairly often but I prefer that to the long wear lipsticks which really dry my lips.

on 5/5/2012 12:48:00 PM

Such promise. Such disappointment. I think I must be alone in not being all that wowed by these. Perhaps it's the hype ?

Anyway, I bought the "Candy Apple" shade, 7.99 (approx $12 USD) and whilst I really like the colour and the overall formulation is ok, there's a lot I'm not mad about and that puts me off buying again.

1. Staying power - Now I know this isn't a lipstick so I can't expect true 'long wear' from this, but I find the colour needs reapplication every couple of hours (that's not with a lot of drinking/eating/kissing etc). I get longer wear from normal tinted lip balm.

2. I hate the plastic, "quilted" lid. Cheap & tacky looking.

3. As another person said, there isn't much of the tube exposed under the lid so it can make gettting the lid off a little bit awkward.

4. The price - I'm a person who will happily spend big on cosmetics if they are good, but I begrudge even middle ground spend if it is wasted on something that just doesn't seem worth it and for me, this is one of those products. It should be 5.99 max, imo, closer to the USD price.

5. It's not that moisturing. I don't suffer from dry lips as a rule, but I still feel the need to wear a light layer of lip balm under this.

I'll use it up because I like the colour but I won't rebuy, which is a shame because I really wanted to love these.

on 5/4/2012 10:17:00 PM

I bought this product so that I could use it for my prom makeup. I bought it in Creamsicle thinking I would get a natural, peachy color. It could have been because of the lighting of the store, but when i got home and tried it on it was nothing like the colour on the package sticker! I could achieve the same look with my regular lip balm. The colour doesn't even show up and its way too creamy and slippery for a lipstick! It may be better in other shades but overall I was pretty disappointed with this product, especially for $21 AUD. I wish I'd done my research first!

on 5/4/2012 2:28:00 PM

I just love it. I have the lollipop shade and it's GORGEOUS. It's very easy to apply, stays well, the color is very bright, it moisturizes, what more can someone wants??? I'm considering buying all the shades...And throwing out my lipsticks/glosses and other lip products.
AWESOME!

on 5/3/2012 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I haven't written a review in years, but I had to write one regarding the Lip Butter collection!!

One poster wrote, " I am seriously considering tossing all my lipsticks".
I purchased a few and love, love,love them. I have worn Chanel, Dior, Mac...and all the best. This formula has wonderful colors,great staying power and applies smoothly!

A MUST for a lipstick novice to the addicted!!!!!

on 4/30/2012 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Cute packaging but sometimes difficult to open due to the design (nothing much to grip onto at the end due to the coloured casing being so large). Did not stay on my lips very long so for this reason alone I will not repurchase. The Creme Brulee colour is nice enough, a pale nude neutral, but certainly nothing exceptional.

Update: I find myself reaching for this to put a sheen over my matte nudes, so I will repurchase as it works better than other products for this job. :)

Popular Lipsticks