Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using the Clarisonic for a little over two months now, and prior to that I was using the Olay Pro-X brush for about a year. To be honest, I haven't seen the heaven-sent skin others have raved about. I have been using the Sensitive brush head the unit came with and just started using the Deep Pore brush head a few days ago, and I'm hoping that will help. So far the only improvement I've seen over the Pro-X brush is that my super clogged nose pores have diminished quite a bit (however it should be noted that I am using mandelic acid by Garden of Wisdom as well and that may contribute to the unclogging). It's still a nice brush, and I like that its rechargeable and that the head is bigger than the Pro-X.

on 5/31/2012 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have had my Mia for almost 6 months. I did a lot of research on it before I shelled out my money for something so pricey, so I was concerned that the brush might be a little harsh for my sensitive skin. So I bought the delicate brush head replacements right away when I purchased the Mia. I started with the brush that comes with it & decide I would only use the Mia every other day at night. After the first use, I admit my skin felt very clean and smoother due to the exfoliation the brush provides. I followed the directions as best I could and made the circular motions over the face regions applying only a light pressure to ensure contact with the brush head & my skin. After a couple of weeks of using it every other day I didnt notice any signs of improvement in my skin and in fact started noticing little white heads and some painful pimples on my cheeks near my nose and around my mouth. This was unusual-I normally get cystic acne on my jawline and chin and other smaller blemishes toward the outside of my face. My pores also seemed like they got larger and overall, my face looked more ruddy. I felt like I had been out in blizzard weather or something, my face was so irritated and blotchy! My face itched and the tiny hard bumps that made a snapping noise (sorry-TMI!, but really happened) when I popped them was more than I could take! I stopped using the Mia altogther and tried to be a lot more gentle to my face. After a couple weeks of not using it, the whiteheads got a little better. I switched to the Delicate brush head and only used the Mia once a week. In the days afterward I would still see small blemishes popping out on my chin, below my mouth and on my cheeks where I dont normally break out. Then I started using a couple times a week but for decreased time. So I would stop using it after ~45 sec. Still no improvement. I also did not note any improvement to pores or the need for less skin care product per application. I was so disappointed because I wanted the Mia to work and I really didnt want to send it back! BUt if it just causes acne on parts of my face that dont normally get pimples--What is the use of it??? I did not give up though and tried one last approach...
I have been using the Mia a few times a week for the whole minute, but I DO NOT make circular motions. I basically pat the skin very lightly and gently with the brush and just go all around my face staying away from the skin on top of my cheek bones and near my nose because I know those areas to be sensitive anyways. In other words, focusing on the outer portion of my face, plus my nose and then I use up the remaining time doing circular motions across my forehead only. I no longer get the "crop" of whiteheads and weird irritation blemishes that I did before. My skin feels cleaner, and I think the Mia is just as effective for me using this method, as the "official" directions. I think the Mia is actually doing its job now, and I plan to keep using it this way from now on. My skin feels really good and I dont get any bad reactions anymore. Could this have all been avoided if I had bought some muslin cloth in the first place? Who's to say? I am happy with my Mia now.
All's well that ends well...this time :) Hope this helps someone who is on the fence with the Mia.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay so I bought this thinking it was going to change my life like it has for so many others...WRONG..... It literally...TORE up my face....I mean... it took me forever to get my face healed from this thing. :(

on 5/29/2012 9:37:00 PM

If you have bought this product and think that its wrecking your skin, wait a good 2-3 weeks before you give up!
I started using the Clarisonic Mia 2 weeks ago. I have sensitive and dry skin with a lot a of blackheads. I used the sensitive brush for a two days, then switched to the regular brush because I felt that the sensitive one was too weak. When I first starting using it, my skin felt great and super soft, but my black heads and minor zits seemed to get worse. I realized my skin was probably purging, but it wasn't horrible so I kept using it anyway. By the end of week two I saw MAJOR improvements. My blackheads are now barely there, my pores are smaller, I have no zits at all and my overall skin tone is much brighter. I haven't tried the Clarisonic cleanser that they give you with the package, I use Mario Badescu cream soap for sensitive skin. My products do absorb better and my make-up goes on easier. I'm am very pleased with this product. Even though ti was expensive, it was definitely worth it and I feel that it lives up to the hype.
I did notice one issue with it, like others have said the brush never seems to really dry, and mine always smells mildewy the next day, so I used a little soap and water to clean it every time before I use it and that seems to take care of it and remove any excess make-up/dirt it picked up from the last use. I should also mention that I only use it at night, after I have removed my make-up. I don't really think its necessary to use it twice daily.

on 5/24/2012 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I spent a solid 3-4 months lemming a Clarisonic before finally taking the plunge last year. I started with the Plus, but after half a dozen showers using the body brush, it was really just slowing me down in the morning with no noticeable effect. I swapped the Plus for the Mia - which had only just been released in the UK - and have enjoyed the less frequent charging, smaller form factor and lower cost.

I initially used the Clarisonic twice a day, but eventually got lazy and felt like it was drying my skin out. I switched to night-time only Clarisonic use (typically washing for 1.5-2 minutes each night), and also take a night or two off a week (typically on days I've not worn any makeup) and no longer have any drying or irritation. My face looks and feels clean after the Clarisonic, and it does a fantastic job of getting off all my long wear makeup. Once you've used the Clarisonic even a couple of times, you start wondering how your face ever felt clean before! I gave my sister one for her birthday, and she's expressed a similar sentiment.

Some people find the device exacerbates acne, but as my spots are typically limited to a handful at a time, I haven't found this to be a problem. YMMV, but Clarisonic offers an excellent return policy, which really lowers the risk of wasting money trying it out.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool

Great tool but a little expensive for me.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

After using the Mia for about 18 months, I consider it to be a great find. My skin looks and feels softer and smoother when I use it consistently, regardless of the cleanser I use with it. Although over priced, the Mia is a great product.

on 5/18/2012 10:54:00 AM

I did not technically buy this - I got it with credit card points so the price did not hurt as much as it could have. I have had this for two weeks. My situation - over 40, dry skin, major complaints are sun spots, dullness, dryness and small, acne bumps on forehead that won't go away. I got the Mia to see if it would help the bumps as nothing else does. In two weeks I have noticed t my skin is softer feeling but that is all. No change in the clarity (I did not really expect anything). I will give this more time to see if it can help the bumps in any way. The one thing negative I have noticed is my skin feels a bit dryer (something I don't need help with). I noticed many of the reviews on this product are from younger women so maybe it is really a good tool for oily and/or acne skin but not drier, mature skin. I will update more later.

on 5/17/2012 9:28:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

While not cheap, this is a great tool to invest in if you're interested in having super clean skin. If you wear makeup, this cleans up to 6x more than a cleanser on its own, really getting the leftover face wash, moisturizer, primer, concealer, foundation, powder, blush and bronzer out of your skin. Listen to all those layers blocking your pores!!

I don't care for the face wash that it came with and use it with Clarins daily exfoliating wash in the morning. BEST combination for clearing the pores on my nose. Actually unclogs them and minimizes their appearance. Not even Biore strips do that for me.

I use it with the delicate brush head (softest) and do recommend cleaning the brush head with hydrogen peroxide every few days. Changing the brush head as recommended every few months actually does make a difference. The $25 every 3-4 months is worth it.

I do wish a hard travel case came with it.

on 5/16/2012 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tend to be frugal, and debated buying this brush for ages. I even gave the Olay one a try. The Olay brush worked, but stretched my pores. I finally decided to take the risk and bought the Mia, and its been a wonderful purchase.

I've had acne since my late teens (both cystic and non-cystic) and my dermatologist had recently put me on a retinoid, which cleared up a lot of the acne, but left my skin flaky, discolored and rough.

The Mia really helped with all of those problems. I use it with the deep pore brush. I didnt experience the 'purge' other users talk about either, which is lucky.

One of the things that you have to do with this product is experiment and find the right routine. Some products work much better with the Mia, and some old favorites have to be discarded.

My routine is: I generally use it for 30 seconds in the morning with a BHA wash, and I find that using it longer with a foaming face wash is too drying. In the evening, I use it with Purity by Philosophy to clear off my sunscreen. If I have makeup on, I remove it with a cotton pad first. Every other day, I use the Mia with dermalogica's microfolient. The Microfolient is much more effective with the Mia, and the combination has been working miracles for my old acne scars.

Benefits: My face used to be quite oily, and doesnt really get oily anymore. My acne scars have been fading. The few breakouts I was having have stopped. When I use it before a Benzoyl Peroxide spot treatment, I can feel the spot treatment working more effectively. It has even made the spot treatment effective for my cystic acne. My pores look smaller, and my skin is glowing and even toned. I love what the Mia has done for my face. Other than going to my dermatologist, I feel like this has made the most difference to helping me with my acne.

Video Reviews & Tutorials