Clarisonic Mia

4.2

Plastic

I love love LOVE my Mia! I don't think I could live without it, honestly. I can feel how clean my skin is and it definitely gets my makeup off! It's making my skin a lot brighter and clearing up my acne a bit. I'm still looking for the perfect cleanser to go with it, but I do love it!

on 6/28/2012 9:28:00 AM

Ive used this on three separate occasions over the past three years. Each time, my skin starts by clearing up and looking great. After about a month or two I start to break out and get clogged pores. After I stop using it totally, and without switching any other products, by skin goes back to its normal clear-ish self. I've tried different brushes, cleaning them daily and weekly (deep), nothing.

on 6/27/2012 12:31:00 PM

I love this! It does everything it tells you! I can use it twice a day and it's not to harsh. JUST BUY IT! It will be worth the money!!!

on 6/26/2012 5:21:00 PM

Love my Clarisonic Mia!! I use it EVERY night and can't imagine being wihtout it. In fact, if, for some odd reason, I don't use it at night, and just wash my face without it, I can tell the difference right away -- my face is not as smooth or clean or revived as it usually is. I, too, use Revlon's ColorStay foundation in the summer (nothing else lasts through the hot humid days!) and find it awful to take off, but it's a piece of cake with my Clarisionic, even though it stains the brush head! I use the deep pore brush over all of my face all of the time and don't find it too harsh at all. And I've definately used the same brush head for a good 6 months now and don't see a need to replace it, as long as I clean it well after each use. My skin is FINALLY under control now that I'm using my Clarisionic. Granted, it was an investment, but it's worth every penny with great skin as the result. I use Philosophy's Purity Made Simple cleanser with it and it's the perfect duo!

on 6/26/2012 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

my beauty addiction started with this tool. My mother had purchased this and she found it was too harsh on her skin, even with the sensitive brush head. So she gives it to me and just in time: i had been wearing Revlon's colorstay foundation and it was reeking havoc with my skin; that foundation is the devil to remove. My skin had gotten angry and red. It had never looked so bad. I had no previous experience with skincare, other than a cleanser and moisturizer. I did wear a mineral makeup for the past few years so i had okay skin. OR so I thought: I had just turned 40 and noticed my skin was really bad compared to women that were 10+ years older than me. My mother has really nice skin. I had to do something. The years of playing in the sun (I owned 2 jeep wranglers in a row, and loved taking the top off) really did a number on my skin. If i payed attention i could have at least worn sunscreen, but no. My hair, from whipping around in the convertible, was showing signs of damage: split, broken ends. I knew my skin had to be in a similar state.
After a couple weeks i noticed my skin was not so 'mad' and started calming down. After a month it started to glow. Now, i cant live without this. I only use it at night, mainly to get a little exfoliation so my serum can sink in well. It makes a huge difference. I spend too much money on serums and anti-aging potions so i appreciate getting the most value for my money. Yes, this little device costs a pretty penny, but worth it.
its been a year now, and i still use it every day. I feel that 2 times a day might be too much for me, as i do have dry skin on my cheeks and it does get sore from daily use, even with the sensitive brush. It is pricey, and know that there are now other products that might be less expensive, but works well. Not as good, but well. Olay is one of those. I have a freind who raves on and on about it, but since i already have a Mia, i didnt need another physical device.

on 6/20/2012 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

now, i've waited a looooong time to review this product because i wanted to give it a really accurate review. i got my Mia for my birthday a year and a half ago, and it was adorable; pale yellow and even inscribed with my name! i was so excited about the change that i hoped i would see in my skin that so many others had been talking about seeing in their skin. now, i have always been a person who exfoliates, and i usually just use a washcloth with my cleanser-of-the-moment and that does a perfectly good job. but i was thinking that those Clarisonic vibrations were going to buzz out all kinds of deep-seeded impurities from my skin, helping to even my skintone, prevent breakouts and clogged pores, etc. i didn't think it would make my skin perfect but i did expect it to do what it claims to do. once i started using my Mia, i found out a few things the hard way: 1. if you're using a cleanser with acne ingredients or are using acne products like salicylic acid or god forbid retinols or AHAs, avoid those areas or be extremely gentle when you're using your Mia. also, don't press the Mia into your skin, i have/had a really bad habit of doing that and it's unnecessary and actually detrimental. it overexfoliates your skin and leaves it sore. so, for the best result, what i do is i first remove my eyeliner, mascara, foundation, etc. with one first quick wash with my cleanser and my hands. then, i use my cleanser again and use it with my Mia. i put a dot of cleanser on the Mia and rub it around until it foams up, and then i gently touch the Mia to my face, just kind of circling around until i get every spot of my face. i do actually push a little bit on the side of my nose, not elsewhere. i also use a low-grade prescription Retinol on my chin and around it, and i'm just extra careful to be quick and gentle on that area. so here's my dilemma: would i buy the Mia again (i received it as a gift but you know what i mean) were something to happen to it? NO. it's a nice tool to have and use but it is not necessary in any way to own a Mia to keep your skin exfoliated. You could use a scrub, a washcloth, or even a cheapie plastic skin brush like the one i picked up at the Dollar Store which is basically just like a gentler oversized circular toothbrush that you use to brush over your skin and get the same results. maybe if you're the type of person who's never done anything but wash your face with your hands and has never exfoliated, you might see a miracle when you first use your Mia. but if i can get that same miracle with a washcloth, why waste the money? i do think it's a good product just not really a necessity. if you have the money to blow and are really curious, go for it. if you're hardcore lusting after a Mia and affording one is not going to happen for you, take solace in the fact that you can get the same results with a washcloth. you're not missing much ;)

on 6/19/2012 1:35:00 PM

I expected a lot from this product given the hype. I wasn't expecting miracles, but I thought this type of tool would be great for my skin type-oily,large pores (but no acne), not sensitive. I've been using the mia with both the sensitive head and deep pore brush for the past 5 months. It does clean better than just using my hands, but I haven't seen any improvement in my skin. Previous to this, I was using the Olay spin brush and prefer this to the mia. The Olay brush was more exfoliating and did a better job of removing my makeup, plus it's a lot cheaper.

I can't return my mia, so I will continue to use occasionally. Overall, I was expecting better exfoliation (hoping this may help with blackheads and large pores), but I can still see gunk stuck in my pores after using this. The Olay brush more effectively clears out the surface of my pores.

on 6/19/2012 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading the good reviews on MUA and watching videos on YouTube, I was convinced that I had to get the mia. I was under the impression that it would help me get rid of the annoying clogged pores on my chin.
After using it for four months, I can say that buying the mia was a colossal mistake -- it did absolutely nothing for my skin. I have learned my lesson. Think carefully and do not be impressionable when it comes to expensive, hyped up beauty products!

on 6/17/2012 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Absolutely worth it! In my early twenties I would get compliments on my skin all the time, and then with tanning and smoking the applause stopped coming. Started to get my skin care act together in my late twenties, but people really didn't started commenting again until I found the Mia. My skin looks gorgeous again.

on 6/17/2012 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love my clarisonic! I've been using it since December and have seen really good results. At first, my skin broke out really bad and was super-red from irritation. I stopped using it altogether for a month. When I started using it again (twice a day everyday) I noticed a big difference in my skin. My acne scars faded, and my face was less red and more even toned. I definitely think it helped with my breakouts.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools