October 20, 2014 | 1584 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

My hair loves this product so I only have good things to say. I love the smell. But, it makes my hair feel silky without the greasiness. I have oily hair and if I don't wash it everyday, I will have very oily and dirty hair before lunch. After washing my hair at night, my hair gets about a dime size and I start at the ends and work the rest thru. My hair smells clean all day and super soft and shiny. Many of my coworkers have complimented on how beautiful and healthy my hair is and that's good enough for me. I had used up two of the small bottles and purchased the big size two weeks ago. I will continue to use MoroccanOil for as long as they keep making it. Oh, yeah, no split ends...just silky, shiny hair. Who can say no to that?

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by candass23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of the product, but I find it does nothing for my hair other then make it smell good. I don't feel it protects from heat. I"ve been using it for about a week and have not noticed any difference, if anything I feel my ends are more damaged from heat then when I started using it. Does not stop frizz, or help in straightening.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by ShirleyLaVerne

The worst hair product I have ever used. I have waist length, thick curly hair and don't mind spending extra money on a good product. I have used Goldwell Treatment with huge success, it made my hair like silk. My salon didn't have the bigger containers that I usually buy and recommened that I try the Moroccan Oil instead. After two weeks of using Moroccan Oil my hair is so frizzy and dry I have no curl left at all. Just dry frizz. I talked to a hair stylist again and she blamed it on the conditioner I was using so I spent another $50 and bought the MoroccanOil Moisturizing Hair Treatment. After two days of using it my hair is beyond dry. I'm in my 40's, have had long hair my entire life and have always spent extra money to keep it looking good. This is the worst my hair has even been. Zero curl. %100 frizz and split ends. My scalp is itchy and irritated. I'm scared my hair is permanently fried. If I can't get some moisture back in it I'm going to have to get it all cut off. Not impressed at all. I'm demanding a refund.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by frostbites

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this product, and must admit that in the beginning it did give my coarse and thick hair (cut into a medium length bob and flat-ironed every two days) a faint sheen and good texture, scented it with a pleasant nutty smell, without making it greasy too soon.
However, after prolonged use, it dried my ends terribly, made them crispy and I suspect it never did protect my hair from heat styling enough.
Not too many split ends or irreversible damage (as I stopped using it on time) but there definitely were some and the end result was never quite finished or polished enough (I had a lot of flyaways).
As a huge fan and devotee of Kerastase (serves me right for straying), I'm willing to shell out if a product delivers, but this is sorely overpriced for what it fails to deliver. Glad I got a sample before buying.
Try finding it in trial size if you're considering this, you'll get a decent test run and then some out of one (10ml) sample, it does last and last.
Not the worst I had the misfortune of using but definitely not recommendable, this coming from someone whose wiry coarse hair usually tends to fancy all sorts of silicones quite a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by siobhan9705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this product, but they need new packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by lauralkl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meh. I thought this was going to be awesome. Most fine salons carry it and I had heard friends rave about it. It has done nothing for my hair. Plus, its really expensive for such a teen tiny amount. Recently I purchased TIGI COntrol Freak Serum and I have been using it with my Morrocan Oil. I don't know if it is the serum or the combination, but it works really well. I guess I will have to use the serum alone to find out. I wouldn't purchase this again. Frizz Ease by John Frieda does better on my hair than this and is WAY less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Joanna09

I am surprised at all the negative comments about this. While I still need to use another styling product with it, this adds condition and moisture to my my rather dry and tending to be frizzy hair. I have the sample bottle and have used it for a week. My hair feels softer and looks better. I just use a few drops so it will last forever! It is made in Israel and is also cruelty free!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by domika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first heard people talking about this product I thought "overrated." But then as time went buy and people kept raving about it, I decided about giving it a try. However, very few salons carry it where I live. When I finally found it I was so excited!

I LOVE this product!! It smells divine! If I use it on dry hair, I have to use a small amount because it builds up quickly. However, I normally shower at night, and like to add more when my hair is wet. The water dilutes the product slightly but it still soaks in, so when I wake up in the morning my hair is super soft and manageable.

The glass bottle is nice, so I can refill it or recycle. It is a little spendy but I will buy this product over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 7:05:00 PM More reviews by beautyamanda143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutley love this product my hair was not friday at all it smells amazing the only thing i would be cautious about is not to get it to close to your roots it wil make them greasy

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJustine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Seems silly but I fought my like for this product. I am trying to cut my spending down and turn to more natural products. As much as I want to dislike this oil/serum I actually love it except for the smell. It doesn't weigh down my hair or make it greasy.
The smell is not all that bad, I just smell it at first.

As for the price I purchased the larger size and it has lasted me a long time so I guess it is not all that horrible. I tried the One 'N Only version and it was ok but not as good as this one for me.