October 24, 2014 | 1831 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by Groggy

Because this was Allure's top pick for loose powder in 2009, I expected it to be fantastic. I think it's okay. I didn't have any problems with it being too white on my skin (I'm a NC/NW 15), but you can barely tell it's there, which is my problem.

My foundation just isn't enough to cover any imperfections, so I like my powder to add a little more coverage, which this didn't do. I think I still prefer powder with a little colour, like the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural or the Laura Mercier loose powder.

I do like that it comes in two sizes. If you're going to try this, go for the mini version first.

Edit-- On second thought, the more I use this the more I like it! I don't think I was using enough before. I can put a ton of this stuff on and I never look too white. I think it gives a much better finish than the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by cheezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff works great for what it is. It does help a lot with my oilies, I usually get oily after a few hours but with this, I last through at least most of the day without looking like a disco ball. The packaging, though, is horrible. For anyone buying this, don't remove the little plastic over the holes when you get it! I'd rec stabbing holes with a needle in SOME of the holes through the plastic. if you remove the plastic the product will completely unload into the top, making a mess every time you open and want to use this! Also not a fan of the price. 30 bucks for this stuff? You can get something just as good from CS for like 4 bucks. Not that I've tried that, but after I run out of this(if I ever do!) I will.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by cerulean19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this to set my under eye area, my forehead, and nose. I use a small brush to apply under the eye then a small puff using a press and rolling motion to apply it on larger surfaces. I don't use foundation so I liked that this feels super light just to set any concealer I would place or over concealer and pressed powder. It does last me at least half the day if not more if I'm outdoors. I wouldn't use this on the whole face because it does leave a white cast and I didn't realize this until someone took a picture of me with flash. But I would say this effect goes away after an hour and then it isn't noticeable and probably depends on not putting so much on. One jar lasted me more than a year and that's with having dropped it before and losing some product. It was my first "translucent" powder so I can't really compare with others but if I don't find anything else I like, I will buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was soooo excited to get this powder. After seeing it on an infomercial and reading the reveiws here and on other sites I was sure it was going to be amazing. Well luckily I got just a little travel size jar because I'm very disappointed and likely won't even use the small bit that I have. The first time I applied it I put it on just like any other powder. Swirled a big fluffy brush in it and swept it over my face...Oh my God!! The white was horrible, I looked like death..haha. So after a couple of more tries I finally got used to picking up just the tiniest little bit and brushing that on. Well it was much better but still bad. Funny how some people don't have problems with the color and others do. No matter how little and how lightly I apply this I still end up looking dull and grayish. I have medium olive/yellow skin and this powder completely removes any natural glow from my face and makes me look older somehow. Still I've been trying to use it in other ways. I have under eye bags and any shine at all there makes the problem look worse so i've been applying a tiny ( I mean super tiny) bit of this powder there and a tiny bit in the area from my nose to my mouth as shine there also looks bad. Then I brush my mineral veil over the rest of my face and that seems to work well. On the bright side, the little teeny tiny amounts of this that I use will likely make this travel size jar last my entire lifetime.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by taragirl

I figured I'd just chime in although I think after reading a few reviews, you guys have covered the territory of this product. I think it has potential but it should a) not be advertised as translucent, when it clearly is not (think ghostly on my fair-med skin every time); b) not come in a jar with that much opening when (as many of you have pointed out) you should only be using the smallest conceivable amount on a brush.

The two uses I have settled on are:

- (as someone else noticed) setting my under eye make up since it is already light but has staying power it's perfect for this

- ONLY using it on my T-zone with the lightest possible hand

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by thriftesfai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

This is a good setting powder. I'm an NC 45, and I don't have that white cast problem that many other girls have when applying this. I don't need much at all and it sets everything I need it to and mattes me out a little bit. I use a tiny bit, dab my fluffy powder brush and buff into the brush then sweep onto my skin. Doesn't cake and is invisible on my skin and makes my makeup last much longer, I like this. This is my first setting powder though so I haven't really branched out, but I'm glad I picked this as a first choice.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Noussie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Skintone : NC42-44

I really wanted to love this product but i'm afraid it isn't really for my skintone.
I have to be veerryyy light handed with this product or it will most definetly leave a slight white cast on my face.
I dont feel like it really helps to control my oils but i quite like to put this powder really lightly over my undereye concealer to help it stay put.
I can see how this would be perfect for fairer girls who don't really have to think about it too much before slapping it on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product after reading all the positive reviews online. I read about how it controlled oil and even minimized the appearance of pores and was excited to try it. Perhaps my expectations were too high because it did...nothing. All it did was add powder to my skin. It made it a little more matte and all, but any powder could do that. I tried to convince myself that it was working for me, but really, it made no difference. Plus, the texture was a little grittier than what I expected.

Overall, I wanted to love it but I didn't have a reason to even like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by 23rdjaxter

This powder works great. It doesn't make my skin break out or clog my pores. I recommend using a kabuki brush. It's a little messy, so I just puncture a few holes into the plastic film covering the holes on the container so a ton of powder doesn't spill anywhere. I also bought the travel size and keep that one in my purse. It will make you look a little white fyi. But I am really white anyway so it doesn't really matter for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

Oh. My. Freaking. Gosh. This stuff is amazing. Makes my skin look smooth, soft, airbrushed, and flawless from the moment I put it on till I wash my face. After I wash my face, It still feels soft. Very little goes a long way. I apply very little to my brush and then I buff it. Just use enough to set your foundation. At first I thought the jar was too small for the price, but with how little you use each time, the jar will last a long time. I wore it to a picnic with H at the beach, and even in the heat it didn't melt off and kept my foundation from sweating off. I never need to reapply it during the day. It stays put. Even helps my blush stay put. I cant rave enough about this product.