September 18, 2014 | 1289 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by misanders

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really happy with this foundation. I have redness on my chin and discolorations from the sun all over, and this covers very well. It blends easily and dries to a matte finish. I only use this when my skin is normal to oily. A few days in winter when my skin is dry I use another foundation because this will look cakey. Other foundations need powder or touch ups during the day, this does not. This stays on my face all day. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by dawnegan

best liquid foundation EVER. I tried DW light 1 on one side and Nars sheer matte on the other, while they looked the same, DW does last all day and contains SPF. Both awesome for my combo skin. Its layerable and wears naturally. My new favorite after years of wearing Studio Fix NC20. Feels great after drying. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2010 9:33:00 AM More reviews by JCM123

I don't think I have found a foundation in recent years that I can honestly say are as amazing as this stuff! I am not blessed with perfect skin, I have a very oily and temperamental T-zone, combined with some redness and uneven skin tone AND in spite of all of these things I have never been a fan of a super thick heavy foundation. Nothing, nothing looks worse than wearing a mask. My problem has always been that the lighter foundations just don't last on my T-zone and despite their abilities to even out my skin enough for me to look and feel good, I hate that oil slick feeling I would get mid afternoon and the spots that followed from getting too oily. I have always liked the sound of the long lasting effect of the normal Double Wear, but never been tempted as it just looks too thick and heavy for my tastes; Double Wear light is the perfect antidote!

I apply this stuff at around 7 am and its now about 3 pm and I have not had to blot my face and powder ONCE, that is just amazing! It has a cremier and thicker consistency to what I would normally use, but I found that applied with a foundation brush and then buffed out with another brush it gives me a really nice natural look without looking too matte (I hate looking Matte) and is light enough to let a few of my freckles shine through, so still leaves me feeling natural.

If you are looking for something light but suitable if you skin has an oilier disposition, then I really highly recommend!

Estee Lauder have outdone themselves with this one! I love it!

UPDATE:

I unfortunately had to discontinue using this eventually. I tried and tried and even switched up my skincare routine but eventually determined that unfortunately this foundation, despite its wonderful oil controlling properties, was making me break out :( It claims to be uncomodegenic, but I was getting so many blocked pores and spots and since I have stopped using this, things are stabilizing. Its a shame as I really had high hopes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by ivana01

pro's: did not cause one breakout at the end of the night, good coverage but doesn't make you look like you're wearing a cake on your face, it kept my oily skin at bay but didn't dry me out, staying power is awesome even after i started sweating it still stayed in place, didn't seem to oxidise at all. con's: pretty expensive and the packaging is tiny, feels a little sticky on the skin, colour choice is limited and it only comes in neutral undertones but overall it's got to be my favourite foundation and i'll definately be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Venia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried SO many foundations and this surpasses them all! I have actually used two tubes of this and fully intend to purchase more. Let me begin by saying that this is way better than the original Double Wear. It is not nearly as heavy, but stays on just as well. I can use this without having to put powder on top and that eliminates the caked on look. Also, it does NOT break me out (nearly everything does). Each tubes lasts me about 6 months with daily use. I love the small squeeze bottle. It is easy for travel and sanitary.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by lanvingal

After seeing many good reviews on this foundation, I thought I'd try this one out, as I needed a long-wearing foundation that would take me from day to night (i.e. +12 hours) without re-touching or minimal re-touching.
It definitely deserves the name double wear, I wore it from 7am to 1am without setting it with powder or re-touching and it lasted with absolutely no wear and tear.
The big problem for me with this foundation is that it it looks and feels way too heavy on my skin. I found it hard to spread with a foundation brush, and I needed to use my fingers to really work it into my skin. It looked too matte - my face looked really chalky and dry, and I don't even want to think about how it would look if powdered.
However, after 6-7hours, it looked a lot more natural, probably because it was when the oils in my face started to kick in. So I guetion. ss a plus is that I don't have to blot, since it gave my foundation a natural look, but a BIG minus is having to go around with a chalky, dry face for the first 6-7 hours after application.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by onelove609

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have finally found it ! My holy grail foundation! I Love the texture and how easy it is to blend in to my skin. It feels very light weight, non greasy, and leaves you with a satiny- semi matte finish. It lasts all day and does not make me look like a grease ball at the end of the day. It has medium buildable coverage. I LOVE this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by noirowoze

I want to buy 100 tubes of this.

I'm Asian with yellow undertones. I have quite a few hyperpigmentations, blemishes, pimples, scarring, etc. Not to mention my face goes crazy when that time of month approaches. My face is combination/oily. I never get super oily but my t-zone produces enough to shine. My former bff foundation was the NARS Sheer Glow, but it often separated after about 4 hours.

It is now 11:04 PM. It's been 10 hours since I applied this foundation and I have not blotted once the entire day. It has amaaaaazing staying power. No separation on my face. My oils are beginning to shine through but it's not anything major, it looks dewy. No slip and slide! I wouldn't recommend this to dry skin though.

I bought Intensity 2.
I apply with a MAC 190 brush. I've tried using a few other brushes but the MAC 190 seems to work flawlessly. After cleansing, I apply toner, serum, and moisturizer. I let that sit for about an hour and then I apply Murad's Oil Control Mattifier. I let that sit and I apply MAC's Prep+Prime Skin and wait for that to sink into my skin. Finally, I apply my EL DW Light with the 190 brush, using small, gentle, random strokes along with patting for even coverage. I conceal with MAC's Select Cover Up Concealer and powder over my t-zone with MAC's Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder.

The packaging is great. I love that it's a squeeze tube which is hygienic and the amount squeezed out is controllable. The coverage of this foundation is light-medium, but easily buildable. Once it's dried, apply another layer if you wish. It hides minor imperfections like blemishes and hyperpigmentations, but the rest is really up to the concealor. It applies liquid and dries matte. This foundation makes my face look so soft and smooth, I can't even understand why. Despite being a matte liquid foundation, it feels SUPER light (hence, the name). While it dries, I can feel it settling into my skin, in a good way, like it's tightening my pores. Then for the entire day, I feel like nothing is on my face.

I can't even describe how amazing this foundation is. All I can say is... It feels SO LIGHT. It looks absolutely natural. Controls oil. Awesome. Affordable for it's amount/brand/quality ($34). Definitely give this a try. EL is very generous with samples, so ask the MUA to match you, take a few samples home, and try it out! Keep in mind that every foundation has different methods of application so some might have to go through a little bit of trial-and-error before loving this foundation. I had to go through 4 brushes and my fingers just to find one that could give me a flawless finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by AliceInSexyland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation!
I'm so glad I purchased this, thank you MUA!
I have very oily skin, which sometimes breaks out.
I'm very pale, Intensity 1 matches me perfectly.
The coverage is light-medium, it's also buildable.
and the finish is matte. but it doesn't look dry. which I like.but not shiny either..so don't worry.
It stays on all day! and all night.
I love love love this foundation.

It's a bit much here..I have to pay $47 for it. (I'm in Canada.)
but it's worth every penny! and there's fndts out there that are a LOT more. So I love it. It's the best foundation for my skin.
However, if I'm not able to purchase this, b.c everytime I get this, the SA always tells me that it's the last one! and one of these days my luck will run out lol..
So I then go to the d/s and purchase the Relvon Colorstay Active, which is like the only d/s fndt that works for me with controling my oil and with staying power.

But, I will def. purchase this ELDWL again. LOVE IT. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by Andalucian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I never would have thought I'd be interested in a foundation named "Light" - between post-cyst red spots and a fairly significant scar from an old injury, I like a foundation that can provide some coverage. But contrary to what the name implies, this is actually more on par with what other foundations would consider medium coverage.

The "Light" seems to merely be in comparison to the regular EL DW - the coverage isn't as complete as its sister foundation's, so I sometimes find I need a bit of concealer when I wouldn't with the regular EL DW, but the payoff is a lighter finish. It's a bit more dewy, natural, and soft, and the lighter texture is easier to blend. The staying power seems to be just as strong, so I'm finding I tend to reach more often for the Light version than my regular EL DW bottle. As a bonus, EL DW Light's squeeze bottle is much easier to handle, and the tiny nozzle makes it easy to take only what you need. I wish all foundations could be packaged this way.