Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Perfect colours for us pinky ladies. My skin is pretty good so I am happy with the medium coverage and it is also the perfect finish for my combination skin. Really happy with this and would recommend it to anyone with slightly oily skin that tends to pink rather than yellow.

UPDATE - I wore this on Sat night with the Hourglass "veil" primer underneath and I am completely in love!! I can not rave enough. The party that I was at was super hot and I would usually expect to have my makeup sliding aroung my face after 10 mins (I'm a sweaty betty) but it did not budge a millimetre. Ahhhhhhhhh

I was not a fan of this foundation. Normally I like EL products; however, I was sincerely diappointed. I was told to purchase this foundation instead of the regular DW because it would be lighter coverage and look more natural. All I can say is, wow terrible. The color selection is awful, I am somewhere between Intensity 001 and 002 which means I have to take the extra step to blend them together and buy 2 foundations at once just to get a match. That would be ok, except this foundation is awful. It hardly gives any coverage (feels and seems like it would be medium coverage) but applies too sheer no matter what you use (brush, sponge, fingers, etc). It also does not last very long and my face just looked like a streaky mess. Will not repurchase. Going to try the original DW formula instead.

I picked up this in the Double Wear Makeup Lesson kit. 01 Light is a perfect match for me - it's a neutral shade that works well for my "winter" skintone (BB Warm Ivory). This is a matte foundation that looks good all day, but if you have any flakiness it will show. I tried two application methods - with the brush and with my fingertips. Both methods work fine, although the brush uses more product. Since I like my foundation applied sheerly, I prefer using my fingers. This has good coverage without being completely opaque, and definitely stayed on all day. I will be interested to see how it holds up as the weather gets warmer here.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What do I like about this foundation? It has a medium coverage, it covers fairly well, it doesn't cost fortune, it stays put quite well throughout the day even if it's very warm AND it is matifying. I have the same problem with almost any foundation - they turn into a disco ball on me in an hour or so (I am "blessed" with oily skin, especially on my T-zone). Not this one. I am really impressed with how matte it's keeping my skin. It eventually gets shiny but not anything horrible that I can't fix with a powder. I'd buy it again. I tried applying it with my fingers and coverage was blotchy, uneven and was gone before noon, so I apply it with a brush (Dior powder foundation brush) and it looks perfect. I have it in intensity 1.0, which is a good match to my quite pale fair skin. I alternate it with my Dior forever foundation, which provides more coverage and isn't as matifying, so I use Dior if I need to look really polished (or have something to hide :-) ) and Double wear light if I can get away with a sheerer (matte) finish. Another great foundation for the summer! UPDATE: it took me 7 months to finish the tube and I have already purchased a new one. It is now my HG and I love love love it! It doesn't cause me any breakouts, holds up really well on my oily skin, does't oxidize. It's perfect, though I wish it could control the oil better but then again there are no foundations that I have tried so far that can do that :) I have to blot and/or powder every other and then throughout the day.

I am hooked on this foundation. I have oily t zone and most foundation makes me look shiny after an hour, even Revlon Colorstay. With this foundation, I don't even have to set with powder and no shine whatsoever. It stays on forever until I take it off. The only con that I could think of is that this foundation doesn't have that pleasant scent the most EL foundation have. This one doesn't have any scent. The coverage is medium and is buildable. I love this! I will be using this from now on.

This is quite expensive considering AUD68 for a small tube of foundation. I came across estee lauder counter and asked one of the sales girl to find a perfect shade for my skin tone. I told her i want a light liquid foundation with a matte finish that won't make my face feel cakey. She then recommended me with this foundation and i LOVE it. The texture is really soft that i can actually just put it on with just using my hand. It blends really well with my skin tone and it does give a matte finish and it lasts longer than i thought. Most importantly, so far it does not break me out. Will i repurchase? oh hell yessss

I had originally planned to try the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation as I had heard/read rave reviews about its ability to last all day and provide full coverage. However, I've recently started to prefer a more sheer coverage for my foundation, so I decided to buy the Double Wear Light instead. This still claims to last all day but seems to provide a more sheer coverage.

Colour: They don't have a great range of colours. I bought the lightest shade but I would say I am an NC/NW 20, so obviously there are paler people than me who may not be able to wear this foundation as even the lightest shade does have some depth to the colour. However I was pleased with the fact that the lightest shade applied more yellow than pink toned as I dislike any pink tones in my foundation/concealer. The lightest shade just matches my skin tone.

Application: I've had this for a few days and have applied with a flat foundation brush, and a MAC 187 stippling brush just to blend any edges. I have yet to try any other application method but I find that with the brush I can control how much I apply as I didn't need much, and I could blend it nicely into the skin. I'm really pleased with how little I needed to use as this foundation is very expensive, so hopefully it will last me a while.

Finish: This applies as a quite sheer foundation and sets to a reasonably shiny finish (not super shiny but not matte finish either). A little bit of powder down the central panel of my face is all that is needed, and I do like the glow it gives to my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

so after using DW for quite a while (and feeling as though it was a bit too much for everyday use) I wanted to try double wear light.

I LOVE THIS

1-Color range is TERRIBLE!!!!!!! they have 6 colors....thats it. they are all pinkish, so if you are yellow-toned(like me)....your outta luck. (i love this foundation and am trying to find a way to work with the colors, but its a real pain)

2-NOT as long lasting as original DW (still very very good, but doesn't compare to DW)

Comparison with DW-Personally, I would use the reg. DW for special occasions (as they have plenty of colors and linen matches me perfectly and wears like IRON all day!!! but, i feel like DW for everyday use is a bit too much, and a bit detrimental to the skin (possible blemishes, etc...i'm still unsure whether DW causes blemishes on my skin)... and therefore DWL is AWESOME for everyday use when u dont mind getting a teensy bit oily (my skin is VERY oily and DWL still holds up pretty well) and don't want to have to worry about breaking out, because although I am still unsure about DW...i can tell you 100% that DWL does NOT cause breakouts!

EDIT 4/25/11-

"OC eight" oil control lotion under double wear light is a MIRACLE!!! it makes the foundation last so much longer and when I top it off with luxiva ultra powder (merle norman to set makeup and fix pink undertones to DWL+ MUFE HD powder) I get a flawless face that lasts hours and hours! <3

between this and original DW....I will never go searching for another liquid foundation again!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have been using EL's foundations forever, Lucidity for over 8 yrs, I also own Futurist which is lovely and I also own Double Wear which I use for special occasions because it stays put forever.
I love EL's foundation not only because of the formulas, the color selection is excellent, they have natural actual skin colors, no orange or egg yolk yellow looking shades. For reference I love luminous foudations that give a glow like effect (hate matte looks)
I wanted to try DW Light only because I just love the foundations and maybe owning DW Light I can reach for it more often than the original DW which I rarely reach for because it is a heavy makeup yet never looks like a mask anyway, I purchased DW light in the lightest shade which of course matches well, it is a bit lighter than the original and I think I like it better, both are excellent foundations but the light feels lighter and it's a little bit less coverage but still plenty. It's an excellent foundation like all EL's foundations, it gives a flawless look without caking, setting into pores and rubbing off. This is probably better for drier skins than the original DW, but if you have skin on the drier side like I do mositurizing is important prior to application.
The foundations stays put for many hours without a primer just like the original. The only thing that I would change is the packaging, even though its a squezze tube I don't like the fact that it's plastic, I rather have the glass pour out bottle since EL's bottles dont come with a pump (till this day I dont know why) Overall it's an excellent foundation that is sure to please, works on on skins if you prepare you're skin properly. Will always re-purchase. For reference I have tried many high end foundations like Dior, LM, Trish (disaster) Mac, Lancome and Prescriptives. Lancome's new Miracle is excellent I think it almost beat my all time favorite EL's Lucidity. See review!

I got a sample of this when I was shopping for EL advanced night repair serum. I have fair and normal skin. I was matched with intensity 1. the color match is good and it looks nice right after I put it on. however it cakes and oxidizes after a couple of hours. it doesn't seem to last that long either on my normal skin. I like the MAC prolong wear NC 15 much better coz it lasts the whole day without caking or oxidizing and it gives a more natural look, too. I'd definitely recommend prolong wear over this one.