July 28, 2014 | 1999 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by sunnygfunk

This foundation is amazing. It does not break me out. Feels like moisturizer when you put it on. And only takes about 1 minute to apply with my washed fingers. You don't even have to set. Will definately purchase again next time there is a gwp. :) for reverence I am shade 3. MAC NC 30-35

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 7:03:00 PM More reviews by pamzy27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT... this product is one of the best foundations I have used.. gives you a light to medium coverage and it's so good for everyday use.. I've never received compliments for any foundation until this one came along.. definitely will use again!!!! My background is chilean (south american) and use a intensity 4.0 which is a perfect colour....(I'm probably a mac nc40, 42 as times) It will last all day however if I do go out after work I would have to re-apply... I do think this product is a tad on the expensive side being $68AU, but for the quality I don't mind spending it.. its definitely on my favourite foundation list for sure!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by shakerattlerock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favourite foundation is the regular Double Wear (in shade Ecru) but I bought Double Wear Light last year for a holiday because I didn't like the idea of wearing such a thick foundation in 35 degree heat. Bearing in mind that I like full coverage due to my bad skin I was weary of trying something that was potentially quite sheer but was really surprised with this foundation. It actually provides quite decent coverage and gives a different finish than normal DW - it's slightly more dewy and almost like satin. It also blends well and most importantly lasts for ages too - it doesn't oxidise and go patchy or wear off. Great for oily skins. My personal preference would be normal Double Wear anyday over this, however during the summer months I'll use this because it's lighter on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by acarthur

I have been using this for the past few weeks and I have found it much better for oil control and all day wear than my previous Clinique one I had been using for years. So far no breakouts either. The only drawbacks are if my skin is a little dry this foundation shows the flakes more so I need to use extra moisturiser before use. It is pretty pricey too for such a small tube. I would buy again unless I find a better (and cheaper one) though as I am pretty happy with the coverage and texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by minni4bebe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It gives me a satin finish, applies well, easy to blend and lasts all day. I had a swatch on my hand and forgot about it, 2 hrs later, it was still perfect. I don't apply it with a brush bc I find spreading it with my (clean) fingers works much better. I had tried using my sephora #55 brush but it just looked cakey. I haven't had any skin issues and it keeps the oil at bay. For reference, I have an oily forehead and nose and dry cheeks. This works well all over my face. I am an NC 40-42 in mac and use this in #4.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by rorellan87

I really like this product because unlike the original double wear this one doesn't make my skin look cakey or dry. Instead it feel dewey (but not slick or shiny), and it even covers a lot of my acne scarring. I use the Re-Nutriv loose powder, idealist and those two help my skin look smoother and minimize my poor size. It lasts all day, I put it on around 7am and take it off around midnight...which in my opinion is pretty amazing!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by xxkaykisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got 3 of the 10 day samples from EL because after I went to purchase this after my 1st sample, they were all out. The fantastic SA, without any prompting, immediately went to give me 2 more full sample jars to tide me over until they re-stocked! Talk about customer service! I have finished all 3 jars, and feel qualified to review it (:
Coverage: light to medium, buildable. A light layer evens out skin tone, another layer is light coverage for redness, and another layer is medium coverage for blemishes and more problem skin. I use one light layer, then spot cover my cheek redness with more. Intensity 2.0 is perfect for my Nw20-23 skin.
Wear: This wears quite well! I wear it w/ HC Sheer Envy primer, and Maybelline dream matte. It lasts like 4 hours almost perfectly matte, 6 hours dewy, and 8-10hours it starts to get kind of shiny. I blot at 4 hours and 8 hours, and I am almost totally matte all day, and I just get a perfect natural glow without being shiny. I have EXTREMELY oily skin, and this lasts the longest while being matte of any foundation I have ever tried. This does not break me out.
Look: this looks flawless (: A little to much for school most days, but it still looks fine if you prefer more than super light coverage (which is what I use for school).

Overall, this is a great foundation for anyone w/ oily skin who doesn't want the FULL coverage most oily-skin fndtns offer! If you like tinted moisturizers but wish they lasted longer on your skin, try this!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by dolphin82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this a few months ago when Estee Lauder was having their 10 day trials. They would give you a 10 day sample of the foundation that they thought suit you to try. I was matched with Double Wear Light in shade 1 (which is the lightest shade). I have never worn Estee Lauder before so I thought why not give it a try for free.

At first I liked it at the mall. It seemed silky and covered well. I normally use Clinique. However I tried it again a couple weeks later and it seems to dry fast before you can spread it. It seemed powdery and made my pores more noticeable. When I went outside I noticed it was to dark (orangey) for me. I recently had this problem with Clinique's Even Better with the lightest shade. It might just be the formula's. I am fair with yellow undertones but not always the lightest shade. Most times the lightest shade it pink which is not for me.
I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 9:30:00 AM More reviews by alicia148

I used to wear Individualist so was dissapointed when it was discontinued. I wanted to find an alternative that was light and natural looking, so I went for the Double Wear light.

It's a great foundation and the 02 is perfect for my skin. It blends well with a brush and has a light finish.

The only thing I would say is that if you have dry skin this may not be the foundation for you. It has a matt finish which means it can look a bit powdery. So, you need to moisturise first. If you have any flaky patches, they will probably be highlighted by this foundation.

If you do have dry skin, maybe try the nutritious foundation by estee lauder. I tried a sample of this first and the reason I didn't go for it was because it was too shiny. The shop assistant called it 'dewy', and it certainly felt very moisturising, but just too dewy for my personal preference!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by shuriya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the few foundations that does not break me out and does not settle in my pores. However, the lightest color is still too dark for me. Which is a real shame for me.
You do need a makeup remover for waterproof makeup to completely clean your skin! Otherwise you do have the inevitable result of clogged pores.