Estee Lauder Double Wear Light SPF10

3.9

New: Ingredients: Water, cyclopentailoxane, trimethylsiloxysilcate, butylene glycol, trimethyl pentaphenyl trixiloxane, phenyl trimethicone, silica, magnesium sulfate, polyglyceryl, 3 disostearate, tribehenin, peg-10 dimenthicone, bis-peg, ppg-14, 14 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, dimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosteratate, lauteth-7, glycerin, phenyl methicone, sodium hyaluronate, deimethicone, polyglyceryl, 4 isosterate, laureth-7, glycerin, polymethylsilsesquioxane, hexyl laurate, cetyl peg, ppg 10, 1 dimethicone, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), disteardimonium hectorite, methicone, propylene carbonate, tetramethyl hexaphenyl tetrasiloxane, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, dimethicone silylate, toccopheryl acetate, alumina , sorbic acid, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, + - iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Ferric Ammonium ferro cyanide.

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

on 2/4/2011 1:44:00 AM

I re4ally like the original double wear but it was breaking me out so I've decided to give this one a try. Lovely EL SA suggested that I should try a sample first before buying it bacuse it is quite different from DW original and gave me 10-day supply.

This foundation is one of the worst foundations I've tried. There was barely any coverage (a bit better than tinted moisturiser), it felt heavy on my skin and my face looked very shiny and greasy. I've applied Studio Fix over the top to swet it and build more coverage and went to work...3 hours later it started wearing off in places and looking patchy...it supposed to be long-wearing transfer-proof foundation!!!!

on 2/2/2011 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this about a year ago after hearing so many raves about it. Im always on the hunt for a good foundation for my oily skin. The SA sold me #1 ... which turned out to be way to pink on me and we cant return cosmetics here. Not only was it way to pink Im nc15 for refrence, it didnt last at all on my oily skin even over primer and set with powder it just melted off my face with the oil. i was a oily mess . Very dissapointed in this product and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone with oily skin, The Normal Double wear works so much better for me.

on 2/2/2011 7:26:00 AM

My favorite foundation is ELDW and I was very happy when they came up with the light version as ELDW is on the heavy side. However I don't like this product. I don't like the coverage and price wise is not the cheapest foundation either. It didn't last even 3 hours on my skin. I think there are some many DS the same or better quality than this one.

on 2/2/2011 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Absolutely love this product! My skin is not acne prone or sensitive and is quite clear. I have more issues with uneven skin tone. I loved doublewear but found it far too heavy for me so was delighted when they released this. Much sheerer although covers well, easy to blend, the staying power is as good as doublewear. Have worn this is hot and humid conditions and it stays well. Did not become dry on my combination skin. Is classed as "photo-friendly" and that is definately true. The one thing I dislike and I am deducting a lippie for is that there is definately not enough product in the tube and it seems to run out very quickly.

on 2/1/2011 8:06:00 PM

I love this foundation. It gives light coverage; yet is perfect to give me an even skin tone, concealing dark under eye circles, and other marks. I have oily skin, however I did not find this product to make my skin look oily at the end of the day, as opposed to Chanel's pro lumiere liquid foundation did. Intensity 4.0 is perfect for an Indian skin tone.

I would highly recommend this foundation!

on 2/1/2011 8:04:00 PM

I would highly recommend this foundation!

on 1/31/2011 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use the original doublewear quite often and was looking for a lighter alternative so I jumped at the chance to try this. My ideal foundation shade is doublewear intensity 2 in Fresco and the SA told me that shade 2 in doublewear light would be exactly the same given the lighter coverage, but I don't agree at all now that i've tried it. Although this is sold as a neutral shade I find it to be very yellow toned and it leaves me with an unnatural sallow look to my skin. The product does what it promises and stays on all day but I find that my pores look a little larger and settles into the fine lines under my eyes after an hour or so. Pretty disappointing considering the high price - I really don't think that this is anything special.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this foundation a couple of weeks ago while searching for a good one for my sensitive dry but oily looking skin. The beautician recommended this one. Well, I'm not so impressed. While it gives good coverage and looks lovely on the face, it keeps my skin oily looking and shining no matter what I do. No amount of powder helps and neither blotting tissues. I've definitely had better foundations from different brands so either I'll go back to Helena Rubinstein or move on to Guerlain.

on 1/30/2011 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my new love! I would say it is buildable to medium coverage, it has fantastic staying power, and really keeps oiliness at bay. This does not oxidize, and is very light feeling. I can use this over a moisturizer, without a primer, and it lasts and lasts! The packaging is excellent; it comes in a squeeze tube. The only con i can see is the very limited color range, but if you can find a match, you should give it a try! It is rather expensive, but I think it is definately worth the price!

on 1/30/2011 2:53:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I want to love this, I really do. The shade was a perfect match for my skin tone and it came in a hygienic squeeze tube. It had medium coverage which was adequate for me as I have rather good skin with no scars or pimples/acne. I've never had any foundations as my skin doesn't need it, but I was feeling rather experimental and went on the hunt for something that would even out my skin tone which is a tad darker in some areas, such as the sides of the nose and the upper part of my forehead. But it broke me out in horrible, cystic acne after two days despite following a thorough, two step cleansing routine! My skin was fine to begin with and there were no changes to my skincare routine or lifestyle, which made EL Double Wear the sole culprit of my dermatological agony. Makeup and skincare is highly subjective and granted, I have really very sensitive skin, so just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean that it won't work for others. Now, this tube stands in solitude on my dresser as a symbolic reminder of a one way ticket to the pus-filled craters of the moon that cost $50.