April 19, 2014 | 1132 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Edit: Nevermind, I hate this. It started to break me out in little clogged whiteheads on my nose. Unacceptable, I don't care how good it looks while its on.

I found both Estee Lauder's resilience lift foundation and doublewear too heavy on my skin, so I tried this one instead. It applies smoothly and definitely feels a lot lighter and less "masky" on my skin, which is a plus. It seems to set/sink in very quickly which may be because of my dry skin, or I may just be used to my favorite (but not longwearing, unfortunately) foundation (MUFE's face and body, which has a gel-like consistency). The one downside is that it seems to be a little dry, the finish is definitely matte. I just need to make sure to moisturize a lot first. Makeup tends to dissapear off my skin quickly, I have only worn this one for two days but it has seemed to hold up well so far. We shall see...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 6:06:00 AM More reviews by roan2002

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG! I Have very oily skin, i have tried more then 40 in less then 5 months and noonse has worked for me but this do:)
I love it:)
And i think it has goodf coverege to, it covers almost ever imperfection i have, redness, blemishes not all of them but many.
I can really recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by elizabethmichelle

Perfect coverage.

Lasts 12 hours.

I have dry skin in some areas.

You need to moisturize before application. I use my fingers, but may consider using a brush (although I found with brushes that you lose alot more foundation)

Has a better feel than Revlon Colourstay and Mac foundations I have tried.

I do however have red spots on my face after I changed my entire skin routine, so now I must eliminate everything one by one. Will be trying another foundation for a week and if it has cleared up then I'll be sorely disappointed. This would be HG status if it isn't the cause of my breakouts.

Another downside, $70AUD .....

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Sherry526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a 49 year old foundation virgin. I never liked the way foundation felt on my skin, and never liked looking like I had a boatload of makeup all over my face. I've always had rosy cheeks with good skin, and a fair complexion, so I didn't feel the need. However, now that I'm starting to get the hot flashes in my late forties, my skin has changed and oh boy, it is NOT pretty! I have a splotchy look with some wrinkles and sagginess, and some oil and dryness. The red splotches are really bad now. So, I went on every makeup brand site I could find that had the "find your skin color or skin type" questionnaire. Every time it came up pink undertones. Yes, I have a rosy complexion (but not rosacea), and yes I'm fair and I burn easily if I don't wear a high SPF, so I think it's why the answer was always pink. I bought Signature mineral makeup samples, looked like a ghost, and my skin felt very tight. I bought Maybelline Dream Mousse, looked chalky and pale, and the makeup really didn't stay in place. Then I went to a department store Lancome counter. The saleslady told me I'm fair with yellow undertones, and used one of their light foundations, with a powder on top on my face. But I had a too much of a light yellow tint, was a very visibly lighter color, and MUCH different/lighter than my neck and splotchy red chest. Yuck. Then I went to the Estee Lauder counter and the saleslady used the Double Wear Light, (I asked for this brand after reading MUA reviews) and I LOVE it! I don't look chalky, and it matches my skin tone perfectly which is neither pink nor yellow--I'm neutral, Intensity 2.0. And, my face doesn't have a drastically different color than my neck and chest either. She told me it lasts 15 hours, and she's even swam in it--I tend to believe her because she told me this after she made the sale. So, for those women who want a light coverage to even their skin tone out, want a lasting foundation that doesn't smudge off if you touch it, want it light enough that you really can't feel you're wearing it, want foundation that doesn't make you look like a painted pancake face because it's such heavy coverage, then try this Double Wear Light. It does not cover my freckles, but I don't want it to, but it DOES even out the red splotches to where I can't see them--now I look smooth and even colored, and yet my rosy cheeks right at the apple area show through (that means I save on blush too). I know it's expensive, but I decided at my age, I'll spurge on foundation and then go cheap on the rest like mascara, shadow, etc. The saleslady told me I don't need powder on top, so that's a savings too. I wore it all day, and it still looks great, btw! For the money I spent buying the drugstore foundation and mineral makeup, and failed because I couldn't match my color, I could have bought a lot of other stuff--so if you have a hard time figuring out what color you are, it pays to go to the department store counters and let them try to match you. Try a few different brands. Lancome didn't get it right, but Estee got it right on!! She did say though, that because I'm in perimenopause, my face may change again, so I will keep that in mind. One more thing: my face feels tight and dry if I don't use moisturizer faithfully every day, and I will flake sometimes--yet I also get a bit of oil on the sides of my nose and on my forehead in the afternoon. Today was 80% weather, I sweated at times, and tonight my makeup still looks great. I didn't feel greasy, nor did I flake or feel dry wearing this foundation--felt just right. Sorry this is a long review, but I'm so excited to find something that smooths my skin out so well. I look a tad younger thanks to this stuff. And, thanks for this site and the MUA reviews, because that's how I narrowed my search down to Double Wear Light!! I am curious about the Revlon Colorstay since the women here love it too, but right now, I'm a very happy camper!!! Thanks MUA!! And thanks Double Wear Light!!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by HanLuna

I received 3 sachets of this in Intensity 3.0 along with my purchase of the Aeromatte pressed powder. Honestly,i am not a big fan of liquid foundation but i was keen to give this a try since i've heard so many good reviews about this and the original DW.

It looks really cakey under my eyes eventhough i have applied eye cream and blend it well. For my acne brown spots,it covers well but was too obvious and masky looking. If i were to compare this with Clinique's Superfit,i would go for Clinique's instead.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by mamamanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The coverage of this foundation is substantial. I like it alot better than the double wear, which is much too cakey looking and heavy for me. I found that it came off a little faster than my double wear though but it wasnt a great difference. The shade suits my skin tone and i can change easily between my summer color and winter color in this range which i feel is normally a struggle. It covers well over dry areas but not amazingly. I generally like this foundation but wouldnt call it my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2010 6:45:00 AM More reviews by nony222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this foundition but i feel itchy my skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by salhon

As I posted in my other review under the plain Doublewear review page, this product did work out for me (too masky and extreme itching); however, I did want to say here that the color Light matched my very pale skin tone perfectly. I do really like the color of this foundation and wish I could wear it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by a_ro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation surprised me! I tried this after I found out that the regular double wear powder did not have a shade that matched my skin tone. I thought the double wear liquid would be too heavy, so I decided to try the 'light' version. The shades are extremely limited, but shade 4 matched me really well. Probably the best thing about this foundation is that it does last quite some time on the skin (and is natural looking). A couple of times I squirted a little on the back of my hand to apply w/ a brush...at the end of the day the dried foundation was still clearly there! I'm acne prone and this hasn't broken me out, but I would take extra caution to make sure its scrubbed off and removed properly. It is pricey for me, but my first tube has lasted me several months w/ everyday usage. Covers old acne scares/discoloration pretty well, good to even the skin out.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Mathisk

I guess if i was 25 and had really oily skin this might be an ok foundation but at 50 with changing skin i have to say i just don't like it. It is too tight feeling on my face. It makes me feel like my skin is not breathing. I would bet in a few days i would break out from this. I like the coverage and it definately has not come off all day. The color range is definately yellow based but at 50 with more redness in my skin, that is not too bad. I loved enlighten formula and am having a hard time finding a foundation like that one. For now its back to futurist until i find my HG foundation.