September 2, 2014 | 1836 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2004 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Otter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product personally. I start using it for a week as a serum under my la mer cream. My pores are significantly more refined and my skin looks better (more glow and supple). I do not have any breakout even I tend to. The smell does not bother me that much. Thinking about transfering into spray bottle. I use my finger to apply the essence on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2004 11:03:00 AM More reviews by jochan2

I wasn't expecting to love this 'miracle water' due to all the hype that comes with it but my skin loves it! I normally have combo skin with oily T zones. This product regulates my T zones well without overly drying. Together with SKII repair C, my skin looks brighter, well hydrated and fortunately no adverse reactions or breakouts. I hate the packaging as most people do due to the unnecessary spillage as well as the steep price. I will be repurchasing however.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2004 12:24:00 AM More reviews by khatib

I have pretty good skin and don't get more than one or two zits during that time of the month. Less than a week after I started on this, out popped 4 huge red swollen zits on my forehead that stayed for weeks... I am very dissapointed but was happy that skII has great after sales care and called to find out how I was after using their products. According to them, it was just purging out toxins.... ??? ... Anyways, overall impression on the product itself was dissapointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2004 6:21:00 AM More reviews by milmak

I have used this in conjunction with the Facial Treatment Lotion and Refining Cream for about a month now and all I got from using these is red spots/bumps/pimples, scars, uneven skin tone. I hope this is the just initial detoxifying stage, pushing all the impurities out and over the long term will give me a glowy, clear skin like what the advertisements have been raving about. I just need to be more patient, I suppose. Will update this again in the next couple of weeks time UPDATE AFTER 3 WEEKS: Everyone who gets pimples after using this product: Please be more patient. My skin is starting to clear up since 3 weeks ago. There are still marks from those red spots but overall, the skin looks clearer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2004 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using the facial essence for two months. I'm in my 30s and have super sensitive, t-zone oily skin with breakouts at that ugly time of month. I've had no breakouts, allergic reaction, or rash from using this product.

On the second day after I began using this essence, a close friend told me my skin looked glowing and wanted to know if I'd done a facial or peel. Since then, I've had a compliment at least once a week from other women on how glowing, fresh, and translucent my skin looks, so I know it's doing SOMETHING, but I don't know what!! My skin feels very soft, but my freckles or acne scars haven't faded at all. But the compliments keep rolling in, so I'm going to keep using it in spite of the shatteringly HIGH price tag. (I'd love to try the SK(II whitening line if I can find it in the states.)

Twice a day, I shake about five drops of the essence onto my hand and pat it onto my face and neck after the asprin toner. I think if I used a spray bottle, it would drip and disperse the preciously expensive droplets into the air too much. I haven't had any problem applying the product this way, but others are right. I wish SKII would figure out a better packaging for the product, because there's a huge potential for a spill.

UPDATE: I'm still using this half a year later, and while there is nothing dramatic about the appearance of my skin, it continues to feel soft even during winter (although I live in a humid climate, so I'm not sure if it's the toner or the moisture in the air that's helping my skin). I understand that SKII is more preventative rather than a dramatic treatment line. Hopefully, when I'm my grandmother's age, all this $$$ and pampering will show!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2004 1:28:00 AM More reviews by jhjh

pricey with pungent smell and lousy bottle design.
but it leaves me with a more radiant and clearer complexion. tip- transfer ur essence to those smaller sized spray bottles, trust me..you would have an easier time applying this way w/o any spillage.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2004 11:13:00 PM More reviews by trishny

This was the product that SKII's SA will recommend. Frankly, I find that it did nothing good to my skin. Instead, it's more oily, broke out more and I really hate the scent. After getting rid of it from my SKII collection, my skin actually feels/looks/behaves better. Go figure...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2004 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Neve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this rather expensive product in hopes that it will help recover that translucent skin I had years ago, before puberty wrecked havoc and freckle-like scarring. This treatment did net brighter skin and my skin seemed less oily, but it didn't help with acne at all and caused an allergic reaction on my jaws... really weird to have sandpapery skin there, and it didn't go away, so it wasn't purging. For the effect of brightening, I give this a 3, but the price is not worth it if it just helps skin exfoliate (sort-of) and doesn't lighten pigmentation. Also it get's used up really fast - a 75ml bottle lasts approx. 3 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2004 4:06:00 AM More reviews by cobweb_of_forever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my skin broke out badly after using this. i continued use as i thought it could be purging, but my skin didn't clear up. the bottle seems to encourage contamination.. maybe it's just me. well, i know someone who uses SK II with good results, so what doesn't work on me doesn't mean it's a bad product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2004 8:35:00 AM More reviews by stefie2104

My girlfriend used to be Maxfactor promoter(many years ago). She got the chance to try this when it first launch in the market.

Guess what after using it for more 10 years, her skin is still very firm, no winkles, she is 43 (but look like 30 plus. What else a woman want.

I mix and match SKII (prepare my skin for whitening product) with Kose(Whitening).

I am lucky enough to get FTE & Toner from my sis (she can't use).

I will continue buying. Just love the feeling of this lotion pampering my skin. (Feels like my skin is drinking up more moisture)

My new HG.

Update: I still use this FTE. It works very well with Olay Whitening range (Day & Night)+ Age defying range (Some say it is like SKII Skin refining cream) - I guess is because both under P & G group / Kose Sekkisei/ Retin-A (At night).

I really really love my skin. It is actually quite worth it. One bottle 150ml can last for 6-9 months. Good investment. Prevention is better than cure.