October 30, 2014 | 1574 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2005 10:47:00 PM More reviews by rmullane

I too was bought in by the Cate Blanchett / Nicole Kidman marketing ploy. All I can say is what a disappointment!
Lousy packaging, awful smell and no skin benefit to show for the price. Have half a bottle left, which I use at night time on my hands. Unfortunately, no benefit there either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2005 5:38:00 PM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, by no means 'miraculous' but if your skin likes /can tolerate it , it's not bad . I'm using a bottle that that has been taunting me for the past couple of years from the bottom of my non "A'" list product drawer, SKII and I fell out a long time ago after a reckless spree that saw me buy up half the counter and realise that I was a naive moron completely taken in by slick marketing (never again MUA has set me straight). Well, I feel guilty about throwing such expensive stuff away and swopping seems to be too fraught with all sorts of treachery and so forth , so I thought I'd better start getting through my product graveyard. So I opened the bottle a few weeks ago and have been splashing it on liberally just so I could finsh the damn stuff, and actually, I rather like it! My oily ,naughtily behaved skin soaks it up and isn't quite so greasy. The scent is pleasant at first (generic Japanese toner smell DHC, Shiseido) but them quickly morphs into a funny yeasty/funky smell that isn't so nice on one's hands. But it soon fades. I don't think it has done anything special and would never again spend 30 or whatever it was on this, I found a traditional Japanese beauty book that suggests using the cheapest Sake( such as Ozeki 'One Cup',less refined so probably more potent) you can find and using that as a treatment to lighten the colmplexion and blemishes. I stopped doing this years ago, but a good thing to do is to pour the stuff into your bath as it's quite nice for the skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2005 9:02:00 PM More reviews by amy_blondemenace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for a couple of weeks under my creme de la mer. I transferred to a spray bottle for easier use. Very expensive product.

I really wanted to like this product. I must admit that I went for the whole SKII thing because I'd do just about anything to have skin like Cate Blanchett (the celebrity promoting the line). I have been looking for a product that will make my pale skin glow.

However this did absolutely nothing for me and, if anything, it actually worsened the condition of my skin, making it duller and blotchy. It also seemed to irritate and upset my skin - making it itchy and unsettled. I also tried the Repair C and that actually gave me broken capilliaries! Won't be repurchasing. Sadly not the HG I thought it'd be, and definitely not worth the big bucks they charge for this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2005 6:25:00 AM More reviews by mscolor

gt my 1st bottle due to hearing mani stories abt its 'magic' on skin..n yes advertising media got to me too! :S ..but to my surprise it did actually do wat it promised! i used it after my toner n b4 my moisturiser n it reali did made my t-zone which is usu. oily NOT oily! n made my dry cheeks felt more dewy! it is gd to use under mkeup too as i feel it helps to regulate e sebum n i use it b4 sleep too nxt mornin my skin is still as fresh! love it but i'll minus marks for e lousy packagin-i noe its beta to put it in a spray bottle but im afraid i'll spill it durin e xfer! :( ohh well n e smell it takes sometime to get use to it..but worth it overall!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2004 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Otter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product personally. I start using it for a week as a serum under my la mer cream. My pores are significantly more refined and my skin looks better (more glow and supple). I do not have any breakout even I tend to. The smell does not bother me that much. Thinking about transfering into spray bottle. I use my finger to apply the essence on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2004 11:03:00 AM More reviews by jochan2

I wasn't expecting to love this 'miracle water' due to all the hype that comes with it but my skin loves it! I normally have combo skin with oily T zones. This product regulates my T zones well without overly drying. Together with SKII repair C, my skin looks brighter, well hydrated and fortunately no adverse reactions or breakouts. I hate the packaging as most people do due to the unnecessary spillage as well as the steep price. I will be repurchasing however.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2004 12:24:00 AM More reviews by khatib

I have pretty good skin and don't get more than one or two zits during that time of the month. Less than a week after I started on this, out popped 4 huge red swollen zits on my forehead that stayed for weeks... I am very dissapointed but was happy that skII has great after sales care and called to find out how I was after using their products. According to them, it was just purging out toxins.... ??? ... Anyways, overall impression on the product itself was dissapointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2004 6:21:00 AM More reviews by milmak

I have used this in conjunction with the Facial Treatment Lotion and Refining Cream for about a month now and all I got from using these is red spots/bumps/pimples, scars, uneven skin tone. I hope this is the just initial detoxifying stage, pushing all the impurities out and over the long term will give me a glowy, clear skin like what the advertisements have been raving about. I just need to be more patient, I suppose. Will update this again in the next couple of weeks time UPDATE AFTER 3 WEEKS: Everyone who gets pimples after using this product: Please be more patient. My skin is starting to clear up since 3 weeks ago. There are still marks from those red spots but overall, the skin looks clearer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2004 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using the facial essence for two months. I'm in my 30s and have super sensitive, t-zone oily skin with breakouts at that ugly time of month. I've had no breakouts, allergic reaction, or rash from using this product.

On the second day after I began using this essence, a close friend told me my skin looked glowing and wanted to know if I'd done a facial or peel. Since then, I've had a compliment at least once a week from other women on how glowing, fresh, and translucent my skin looks, so I know it's doing SOMETHING, but I don't know what!! My skin feels very soft, but my freckles or acne scars haven't faded at all. But the compliments keep rolling in, so I'm going to keep using it in spite of the shatteringly HIGH price tag. (I'd love to try the SK(II whitening line if I can find it in the states.)

Twice a day, I shake about five drops of the essence onto my hand and pat it onto my face and neck after the asprin toner. I think if I used a spray bottle, it would drip and disperse the preciously expensive droplets into the air too much. I haven't had any problem applying the product this way, but others are right. I wish SKII would figure out a better packaging for the product, because there's a huge potential for a spill.

UPDATE: I'm still using this half a year later, and while there is nothing dramatic about the appearance of my skin, it continues to feel soft even during winter (although I live in a humid climate, so I'm not sure if it's the toner or the moisture in the air that's helping my skin). I understand that SKII is more preventative rather than a dramatic treatment line. Hopefully, when I'm my grandmother's age, all this $$$ and pampering will show!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2004 1:28:00 AM More reviews by jhjh

pricey with pungent smell and lousy bottle design.
but it leaves me with a more radiant and clearer complexion. tip- transfer ur essence to those smaller sized spray bottles, trust me..you would have an easier time applying this way w/o any spillage.