December 20, 2014 | 1217 users online

Treatments (Face) - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2005 1:32:00 AM More reviews by paristan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Instead of givine me great and moisturized skin, it made me face dry and tight, with visible lines!! This is totally upsetting for me and it is absolutely not worth the amount of money I pumped into this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Cuties

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The main ingredient in the SK-II line is Pitera, the secret of the Japanese monk who discovered it was what was keeping Japanese sake brewery workerís hands so youthful. The Treatment Essence is 90% Pitera and most concentrated in all the SK-II product line. It is applied by shaking the watery lotion into your hands, warming between your palms and pressing into skin. The SK-II counter also suggested applying in the same manner but with a cotton pad (no warming involved I assume). I would imagine much of this expensive product would be wasted using the cotton pad method. Anyway, the Essence is suppose to moisturize, improve clarity and texture, and balance the skin. I used it for a bit and it made my skin so soft and silky at first. Unfortunately it began to make my sensitive skin itch so I had to discontinue use. I have oily-combo skin that is extremely sensitive. This is very expensive, 2.5 oz. for $85. The larger size is more economical, 5 oz. for $130, very pricey!! Ingredients:
saccharomycopsis fermet filtrate (pitera), butylene glycol, pentylene glycol, water, sodium benzoate, methylparaben, sorbic acid

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2005 5:59:00 PM More reviews by anjalig

I like that it gives me a refreshing feeling in the morning after I apply it, and seems to be a good enough toner-substitute. For about a month after I started using it, I did feel that my skin's texture had improved.

But none of the life changing, glowy skin and what not. One does expect more at the price...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2005 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Pirate

I was looking for something to reduce the size of my pores and thought I would try this.

It did reduce the size of my pores for a while.But after a month of using it, the adverse reaction occurred and I broke out!

So it isn't as miraculous as it is on sensitive and acne prone skin. From the feedback I received from some friends, product is too strong, you have to have a certain type of skin at a certain age to use it.

Can't tolerate the smell. The packaging is weird too.Have to be careful with it coz its glass.

Sorry this doesn't work for me.
No thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2005 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Ansje

Very expensive, but it works. The theme for the entire SKII line.

The FTE was wonderful! I have normal skin (did a year of roaccutane last year) and find this wonderful before moisturiser.

Have been using this for 2 weeks, in conjunction with the Signs treatment moisturiser, and my skin has never been better. Smooth and hydrated.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2005 7:49:00 PM More reviews by fierydakini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

So much hype, but... First off, I have good skin, and I have no complaints with the product, but for this price something should have happened with my skin. Alas, nothing did. It wasn't any firmer, rosier or anything. But it also was no worse. Added moisture prior to applying cream or lotion, but that was it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2005 10:47:00 PM More reviews by rmullane

I too was bought in by the Cate Blanchett / Nicole Kidman marketing ploy. All I can say is what a disappointment!
Lousy packaging, awful smell and no skin benefit to show for the price. Have half a bottle left, which I use at night time on my hands. Unfortunately, no benefit there either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2005 5:38:00 PM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, by no means 'miraculous' but if your skin likes /can tolerate it , it's not bad . I'm using a bottle that that has been taunting me for the past couple of years from the bottom of my non "A'" list product drawer, SKII and I fell out a long time ago after a reckless spree that saw me buy up half the counter and realise that I was a naive moron completely taken in by slick marketing (never again MUA has set me straight). Well, I feel guilty about throwing such expensive stuff away and swopping seems to be too fraught with all sorts of treachery and so forth , so I thought I'd better start getting through my product graveyard. So I opened the bottle a few weeks ago and have been splashing it on liberally just so I could finsh the damn stuff, and actually, I rather like it! My oily ,naughtily behaved skin soaks it up and isn't quite so greasy. The scent is pleasant at first (generic Japanese toner smell DHC, Shiseido) but them quickly morphs into a funny yeasty/funky smell that isn't so nice on one's hands. But it soon fades. I don't think it has done anything special and would never again spend £30 or whatever it was on this, I found a traditional Japanese beauty book that suggests using the cheapest Sake( such as Ozeki 'One Cup',less refined so probably more potent) you can find and using that as a treatment to lighten the colmplexion and blemishes. I stopped doing this years ago, but a good thing to do is to pour the stuff into your bath as it's quite nice for the skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2005 9:02:00 PM More reviews by amy_blondemenace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this for a couple of weeks under my creme de la mer. I transferred to a spray bottle for easier use. Very expensive product.

I really wanted to like this product. I must admit that I went for the whole SKII thing because I'd do just about anything to have skin like Cate Blanchett (the celebrity promoting the line). I have been looking for a product that will make my pale skin glow.

However this did absolutely nothing for me and, if anything, it actually worsened the condition of my skin, making it duller and blotchy. It also seemed to irritate and upset my skin - making it itchy and unsettled. I also tried the Repair C and that actually gave me broken capilliaries! Won't be repurchasing. Sadly not the HG I thought it'd be, and definitely not worth the big bucks they charge for this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2005 6:25:00 AM More reviews by mscolor

gt my 1st bottle due to hearing mani stories abt its 'magic' on skin..n yes advertising media got to me too! :S ..but to my surprise it did actually do wat it promised! i used it after my toner n b4 my moisturiser n it reali did made my t-zone which is usu. oily NOT oily! n made my dry cheeks felt more dewy! it is gd to use under mkeup too as i feel it helps to regulate e sebum n i use it b4 sleep too nxt mornin my skin is still as fresh! love it but i'll minus marks for e lousy packagin-i noe its beta to put it in a spray bottle but im afraid i'll spill it durin e xfer! :( ohh well n e smell it takes sometime to get use to it..but worth it overall!