Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 1/22/2008 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I debated getting this primer since I had such a horrible experience with the original photo finish primer. This one is a creamy white consistency and seems like moisturizer initially. However, upon application it absorbs nicely into my skin, doesn't ball up like some other primers and provides a nice smooth canvas. My foundations (mmu powder and regular liquid) lasted longer and the color stayed truer. I also found I had to only blot once or twice during the day which is great for my oily skin. Would definitely recommend for oily skin gals!

on 1/21/2008 8:15:00 AM

This is the best primer for my skin type. I have used Mercier in the past however it broke my skin out.
Smashbox is fantastic, it makes my foundation glides on effortlessly. Plus even though I have enlarged pores and chicken pox scars by my cheeks, random people have commented on how beautiful my skin looks.
I have purchased the pump upon recommendation from BA at Sephora and will purchase again and again. This product has become a must have for me.

on 1/21/2008 1:19:00 AM

I love this stuff! It goes on smoothly--although it does take a bit more than I think it should at once--and keeps my skin looking dramatically more even than it has before.
This is definitely worth the money. Plus, I love the packaging.

on 1/14/2008 1:03:00 AM

Ok I had been using smashbox primer (original one) and it left my skin oily.

My skin is NW20 and I have combo/oily T zone skin and am acne prone.

I tried Mac Prep Prime Skin as well and it was alright but not as good as this new stuff in the 'light' formula.

Smashbox light really makes my foundation go on well and helps with the oiliness. However this is not a miracle in that you still have to blot your face during the day (if you have oily or combo skin). If you have the money I would get this for sure as it really helps.

However if you just want to control oiliness and want something that is a bit cheaper....get Mac Matte. It really helps and you just have to apply it in the problem areas.

OVERALL, Smashbox light is better than the original formula (original formula is better for mature skin in my opinion which tends to be dryer). I would recommend this to everyone. Also, I like how you can see how much is left in the bottle (this is not so with Mac Primers which are in opaque containers).

on 1/13/2008 12:31:00 PM

I really like this! I have combination, acne-prone skin that I treat with BC pills and 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel. I have many visible pores around my nose. When I apply this on top of my Marcelle Aquarelle Hydrating Fluid (wonderful as well!) and underneath my Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation, I actually have flawless skin. No lie. FLAWLESS, even in ugly flourescent lighting. I have not broken out since using it, and my skin feels more calm and oil is controlled. I still blot, but now I only have to use about 1/2 of a sheet per day (maybe one) instead of two or three. Worth the money!

on 1/10/2008 4:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. It feels really good when I put it on my face and it makes my pores practically disappear. My foundation goes on amazing! And it doesn't rub off like my other primer used to. The only thing I don't like is that I have to use a lot of it. It doesn't spread as good because it's not a really thin formula. But, I love the packaging. I love how it pushes up from the bottom so you're sure to get your money's worth. Especially since this primer is on the more expensive side.

on 12/26/2007 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I debated buying this for a good two months at Ulta and finally gave in. I was expecting it to still make me break-out, look shiny, and not do much of anything else so that I'd be out thirty bucks for nothing. I'm really surprised to say that it works pretty well. I don't get shiny at all when I use it and I've yet to break out. I don't think it does as well of a job of smoothing out my skin-tone as the original, but the benefits more than make up for it. I just hope I don't use it up too soon.

on 12/16/2007 1:05:00 AM

The original Photo Finish primer is too thick for me and I find this one just too light in weight for my skin, it absorbs too easily and doesn't fill in the lines and creases. It doesn't work against my skin, it just doesn't smooth the lines and pores like BE Prime Time does. I am not going to be purchasing this again.

on 11/19/2007 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried the photo finish light because I have acne prone skin and I really liked it. It made my skin appear much smoother and did not induce any acne outbreaks like a lot of oil based primers do. My face never got shiny like it does without the primer. I don't reapply makeup throughout the day like I used to. Although, it is quite expensive I will definitely buy again.

I tried to like it, I really did. The results i see when using this on some people is amazing, the way the pores disapear the makeup glides on and your skin looks baby soft, naturally i wanted to try it. Nonetheless I just got it, used it for two days and now am ready to return it. Reguardless of it being light, it felt so heavy, coated my skin with this fake greased nasty shine, and made me have slight breakouts. Not something im looking for in a primer, my hunt continues