October 21, 2014 | 1822 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by rpgoodwin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The best primer for oily skin I've tried, and I've tried a lot. Really helps liquid foundation stay on and improves skin's appearance. Not a lot of oil control but it helps. Hasn't broken me out in three weeks of daily use. I've had good luck using it both over moisturizer and on bare skin. Nice consistentcy, goes on smoothly and dries quickly with no slippy or tacky feel. Great package - one pump is just the right amount for your whole face if you apply correctly. Expensive but worth it.
Update - there's nothing else for me to blame these pimples on. Maybe it's the combination of this and sunscreen but I've started breaking out and it cleared up when I quit using it. Bummer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 3:33:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never bought this, but I tried it at Sephora. So basically this is a review for people who are interested in the initial impressions. First off, the pump container is excellent. Its supposed to not have a straw thingy, but goes up from the bottom, so no air gets in. Which is good because it has Vit C, which should be in an airtight container. Anyway, its nothing like the original, which is a silicone gel, which is good because I think that one broke me out. This is a white cream, it reminded me of the oil-free primer by Laura Mercier. Its light, and not nearly as slippery as the original, dries pretty fast. Im personally not interested in spending $36 for 1oz of makeup primer (I dont feel the need for primers in general), but if I did, I would buy this. Basically I tested it only because I was curious, since I tried the original years ago. If the original didnt agree with your skin, this would probably suit you just fine.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by MaleficentFoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this product but found it to be inadequate. I love the package and the fact that its a pump, but aside from that I didnt notice a big difference in the staying power of my make-up. I use BE Minerals in Fairly Light and this stuff wasnt that great, so I dont plan on buying again. I might try Chanel's make-up base, read some good reviews on here about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by shazzer65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the oil-free version of Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer. The texture is very light, and applies easily. It dries quickly, leaving my skin feeling extremely smooth without the slippery texture I used to get from the regular Photo Finish. I have been using this for a little over a month, and so far, I have not experienced any significant breakouts.

Photo Finish Light is a bit spendy at $36 for 1 oz, but it is more than worth it. When I run out, I will definitely repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No