Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 3/30/2008 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have this in Tender Rose and I've been using it for about a month. The SA recommended the colour and it's nice, but ever so slightly too pink for me. In the UK you can't return products once they've been used, so I'm stuck with it!

Apart from the colour I find that it creates a *lovely* finish. Not cakey or obvious, evens out skintone, leaves a nice sheen on the skin. I start with a pore minimising primer on my t-zone, then apply using the 187 brush which combined creates a smooth finish.

The finish is very sheer so if you have a tendency to go red or blotchy it will show. I would buy this again but in a lighter colour!

on 3/26/2008 4:48:00 AM

I just purchased this product in "Tender Rose" and I love it. I have a problem with foundations turning orange (Bare Minerals was the worst!) and I've never found a non-liquid foundation that was a color match. I'm asian (MAC C3, which also turns orange). I went to the counter at Neimans and the ma said that this color would match me and proceeded to open a container that had pinky-red powder. I said, "no, no, no! That will make me more more red and turn orangey." She insisted that I try it and it's the most perfect match. My face actually matched my neck! No orange. No red. In fact, it cancelled out the redness in my cheeks. I can't figure it out. The coverage is light-med, but that's what I want. I pluncked down my NM card and bought the whole system: primer, foundation, and finishing powder. I've been wearing it for about two days now and I'm still loving it. No orange in sight! I've found my foundation that evens out the redness in a pinky-red powder. Go figure. I'll scream if they stop making this foundation.

UPDATE: LM has a new color that's even better for the redness - Natural Beige. The finish is still beautiful, it's still the only mineral mu I can wear. The color is so much darker in the container than on your skin. I was very hesitant at first, but it's a great match. It didn't turn orange on me nor did it darken (I have combo/oily skin). It's a keeper.

on 3/22/2008 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Ive just started using this mineral foundation and it is nice. I wanted to comment: If you are looking for more coverage, you need to spot treat each blemish with some kind of applicator and then you may go over with the kabuki brush for general coverage.
I apply the minerals on my dark circles with an eyeshadow applicator, otherwise it does not cover.

update, i returned it. my eyes mightve been sensitive to it and i started getting dry patches on my skin- *although i'm not sure if it's the mkaeup's fault.. i was using this during the winter, plus my cleanser was somewhat drying at the time and moisturizer wasnt all that great either.

on 3/21/2008 6:13:00 AM

So far I'm shocked by the low quality of this foundation. I'm giving it 2 lippies now because maybe with new application techniques it will improve. I even bought the primer too, which to me means a foundation is unable to last on its own. The shade is pale enough for my yellow-toned pale skin, but the wearability and look is probably the worst I've seen in a foundation (and I've tried them all!). It settles into pores and fine lines (I'm 27!) and makes me look 10 years older. I was also told I looked "makeupy", which is NOT what you'd expect from a mineral foundation. People were staring at my face at work- looked in the mirror and had huge channels of foundation in my fine smile lines a few hours after application.

After Merle Norman quality, this is so different. Merle's lasts all day, no settling into pores or lines, no blotting, and looks incredible (just wish they had lighter shades!). It seems to work for some, so try going to the Laura counter and asking to have it put on- if you still like it after several hours, it may work for you. It broke down on me after about 3 hours! Even worse than BE. Too bad with such a high cost... will update if I find techniques to make this work. UPDATE: Okay, I've really tried- applied it exactly like the MA, used the primer, setting powder- even wearing it in non-oily, non-strenuous office days. It STILL settles into channels into my tiny smile lines, wears off in patches after 4-5 hours, and has dismal lasting power. It's really embarassing. Even worse since I bought other drugstore stuff to cover up the mess on a work break and it blew it out of the water with no primer, setting etc . So sad this cost well over $100 for the 3 powders. Please try before you buy!

on 3/13/2008 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best mineral foundation I've ever used! I like it so much more than Bare Minerals. BM would settle into my fine lines and look shiny at the end of the day and just yuck. Laura's version is a hundred times better, plus there are more colors to choose from. I use Real Sand which I think is the exact shade of my skin so it just seems to melt right in. I also use the mineral primer and my face looks like porcelain! it might seem expensive, but it will last forever!

on 3/10/2008 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For those of you like me who loved the launch of this product but were disappointed by the color selection, the time has come to rejoice! There are two new colors, "soft porcelain" and "natural beige". The "tender rose " was just too dark for me and I wanted to cry when I had to return it, but the "soft porcelain is perfect and could work for anyone who is very fair. So here is a second chance to look like you have glowing SKIN--not glowing makeup! 35.00 Totally worth it. OH, I usually cannot tolerate bismuth... at all, itch city, but this doesn't bother me! I can hardly believe it, but I'm not going to question it!

UPDATE: BOO! I broke out after a week. I am sensitive, but I rarely break out with blemishes. For some reason the bismuth took longer took cause a reaction and I thought I was safe. Loving the LM tinted moisturiser I exchanged it for!

on 3/10/2008 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm a former Bare Minerals user, but I got so tired of it I wanted to try something new, so I picked this up. Even the lightest color was a bit too dark for me, but not enough to be a huge problem.. I actually liked how it gave my skin a little color, but I can see how their color selections could be a problem for people lighter than me. It was amazing in comparison with BE, because it didnt give me the disco ball effect, but instead a very subtle glow. I couldn't afford to buy the Primer too, since this alone is $35, which is $10 more than BE, but you get a lot more product, and it lasts longer.. Anyways, this sucked when I didn't use moisturizer, but when I did it was just okay.. I found the best way to get a flawless finish with this was to apply a light coverage foundation under it, I used the Revlon Colorstay Mineral fdtn, it lightened up the actual color of the LM, and when I applied the LM over, I got a flawless finish.. Basically, I'm giving this 4 lippies, b/c despite all the cons with it, it is the best mineral foundation I've used, and the coverage can be built up & it actually covers all my left over acne scars, so I like it a lot. I dont know if I'll buy this again, or try something new.. but, so far I'll be buying again.

on 3/10/2008 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

OK I gave the whole line (the mineral powder, the loose powder and the primer) a good week and a few days try. What I like: The packaging is great, I used to use Bare Minerals and this blows that out of the water with the sifter that closes and the larger lid. The texture is also a million times finer and better than BE. I also love the subtle glow it gives my skin. When I wear this it makes my skin look just like clean skin. Also I think it has good staying power.
The Cons, however, out weigh the Pros. 1)I couldn't find a good match, and I knew buying 'Real Sand' that it looked a little darker than my fair skin tone, but the other 2 lighter colors were too light or too pink. Also there really isn't any yellow undertones in Real Sand, which I have and also like to have since besides matching my skin tone it helps to reduce the redness in my cheeks. This was more of a true light beige.
2) Although I loved the way it looked on my skin, I only like it about 30 mins after I applied it, when first applied I thought it looked powdery, and once I applied it in direct sunlight and holy crap I looked dreadful! Like a powdery old lady! And I'm 24! Also I like to touch up during the day and I can't stay in the bathroom for 30 mins til I look good again for this to 'set' with my naturl oils
3)I have very oily acne prone skin, although I didn't break out from this I feel it made my skin overly dry and patchy which I am certainly not used to. Maybe it would be better in the summer, but my skin has definelty been acting weird since I started using this, maybe overall a little redder. 4) And here's the big one..NO COVERAGE! I found that there was minimal coverage, it did not cover any of my acne scars at all, I had to go over it with concealer, which is the only thing I liked about Bare Minerals that it covered well. I like a makeup that at least tries to cover up, or whats the point? This is great if you have really great skin and just want to even it out. BTW this also made my pores larger looking.
Sorry to rant on, I was just so excited to use this and am a little dissapointed. I think for the money (I spent 97 USD on the mineral powder, the setting powder, and the primer!!) this should be a lot better. I think this is way too much to spend to have to end up going over it with concealer after applying three layers of powder.
Oh BTW I tried it with a kabuki brush and the BE Flawless Face Brush.

on 3/7/2008 2:08:00 AM

I've tried many types of foundations and spent well over $500+ in search for that one foundation which does not irritate my sensitive skin and has natural but great coverage. I finally found it! Thank you Laura Mercier for creating this product! Please never even think about discontinuing it. I will be using it for many, many, many years. Highly recommend it. Use it with mineral primer and set it with translucent setting powder. All three used together has been wonderful for me.

on 3/5/2008 8:44:00 PM

The first day I wore this, I LOVED it. The tender rose color matched my skin perfectly and the finish was much better Bare Minerals, which I loathe. After two hours, this mineral make-up accented lines on my face that I didn't know I had. My face usually looks hydrated and relatively young, but not with this foundation. I looked dry and slightly wrinkled. Nope. Nope. Nope. It's not Laura Mercier's fault. Her products are wonderful. It's mineral make-up in general. This is the best mineral make-up I've tried so far, but still doesn't cut it. When will we get over this mineral crap??? I keep buying into the hype and I must stop. When was the last time someone died from wearing liquid foundation?