Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 3/5/2008 8:44:00 PM

The first day I wore this, I LOVED it. The tender rose color matched my skin perfectly and the finish was much better Bare Minerals, which I loathe. After two hours, this mineral make-up accented lines on my face that I didn't know I had. My face usually looks hydrated and relatively young, but not with this foundation. I looked dry and slightly wrinkled. Nope. Nope. Nope. It's not Laura Mercier's fault. Her products are wonderful. It's mineral make-up in general. This is the best mineral make-up I've tried so far, but still doesn't cut it. When will we get over this mineral crap??? I keep buying into the hype and I must stop. When was the last time someone died from wearing liquid foundation?

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first delve into the mineral foundation genre, and it was a really good experience. The foundation delivers really beautiful yet natural coverage that doesn't contain too much shimmer. Even though I love shimmer, it really does make me feel bad when someone takes a look at me in the sunlight and says I remind them of a disco ball. This instead is a very soft irridescence that I've gotten alot of compliments on. I find that it is very good for a natural look and does well covering up minor imperfections and redness. However, I really need to layer it over more noticeable blemishes. It's a nice look between the matte and dewy and the packaging is genius. It comes in the traditional powder jar but it has a slide over the sifter so that you are able to close the teop.You'll never open the jar to an unexpected shower of powder foundation. I have carried this around in my black velvet purse and never had any fallout! Also, it seems like the jar contains a generous amount of makeup so the $35 I paid seems like it will go a long way! Great Product!

on 3/2/2008 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was poking around saw this and thought wow I never even thought of giving this stuff a chance. I was invited to the launch at Nordy's a while back and thought "another mineral foundation-naah I pass". I had a GC from Nordy's so I thought I'd give it a try and I'm so glad I did. I really love the minimal amount of ingredients, the powder wasn't heavy or cakey, felt light and undetectable on my skin, and yes it did give me a MSBB look. My complexion looked naturally healthy w/out looking fake or powdery and the best part is that it has no sheen like other MF's do. I really do believe that the Mineral Primer goes hand in hand w/the MF it helps to keep my oilies at bay and IMO the two just work together and neither of them dry out my face or settle into fine lines that's important to me b/c I have dehydrated sensitive skin w/fine lines. This is like no other MF I've used I had given up on them and if it hadn't been for this one I would keep on going. I apply my MF w/Laura's Face Brush. I say what the heck give it a try you just might like it-a lot like I did.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

theres no point is using this product UNLESS your using the mineral primer or regular primer with it! the mineral primer will give u more of a luminious glow. think the reflection off a pearl. it will also help minimize the sizes of your pores by filling them in. if you want sheer coverage with the mineral powder you need to use something like a blush brush. for full coverage...you have to use a kabuki brush and really buff out the product. if used correctly ...with the primer and mineral powder...the texture of your skin will look smoother and youll have a beautiful natural glow

on 3/1/2008 10:22:00 AM

I've tried Bare Minerals before and had a positive experience. I decided to try the LM Mineral Powder b/c BM made my face seem so "flat". I really like the overall finish of LM Mineral Powder. However, I have dry/sensitive skin that gets worse in colder months. The powder makes it worse too. But on the days that my skin is more hydrated, the powder looks great. So, for me, this powder would work best in Spring, Summer and Fall.

on 2/28/2008 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love the packaging. This is not working out for me, though. First of all, it covers NOTHING, and emphasizes every fine line and imperfection on my face. I don't think the color range is too great, either and that is part of the problem. I was "matched" with one of the new colors - natural beige - but it looks off... plus this make me itch occasionally and sucks all the moisture out of my normal to dry, sensitive skin. I have tried bare minerals, jane iredale, pur, larenim, everyday minerals, and alima. Alima knocks the socks off all of them. Back to Alima I go and I am going to attempt to return this and the primer (another review).

on 2/28/2008 1:58:00 AM

I love mineral foundations. I''ve used BE #2 Jane Iredale I think warm sienna? youngblood, belladonna, Glominerals, Aromaleigh..
So I decided to try this Laura Mercier after seeing the ad on this board and in Allure magazine. The chick with the glowing flawless face!! " I want that radiance" anyhow, I had to purchase this at Neimans. I don't like to shop at Neimans the SA are so snobby. and the Laura Mercier was just as snobby.. she matched me with Natural Beige..." I thought it was to pink and dark!! she said NO!
I felt Real Sand would be better!! She said NO!
so I took the Natural Beige with the primer...because without the primer it may change colors? Later that evening I turned orange!
I took the Natural beige back and asked for Real Sand and this color is more yellow and lighter it was a closer match.. I think if you are a fair skinned asian girl this may be a good match. The product seems drying and felt masky ...its ok, but I don't think I'll purchase again...
I'll just use the container again!! refill with other minerals!! Love the container idea!! edit. I have discovered that a lite spray of MAC Fix+ makes the Laura Mercier foundation look radiant without the powdery, chalky look! MAC Fix+ with this foundation is an A+

on 2/10/2008 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first Laura Mercier powder and I am so happy that I decided to purchase this! This is one of the better mineral powders I have used - I have tried some that just make me break out more, but this one does nothing of the sort. I often wear it alone, when running errands on the weekends, with just a primer and the powder and it provides a very lovely glow that looks very natural. I have received so many compliments on how beautiful my skin looks with this foundation on. With my oily skin, I am so lucky that this does not further my breakouts and make my t-zone oily. Awesome powder!

on 2/10/2008 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

First off, the packaging is absolutely genius. You can use the screwtop lid to blend/mix the powder, and there is a twisty thing in the jar that you can use to close/open the holes that dispense the powder. So when you open the jar heaps of powder don't explode all over the place. Great for travel.

The color selection isn't that great right now, but it is increasing. I was matched in Real Sand, a yellow based color, which seems like one of the most popular and universal colors.

The coverage is excellent, but as with all powders, you need a good primer and moisturizer for it to go on smoothly.

The powder is very, very finely milled and silky. It gives great coverage with a natural finish, and the pearl powder in it makes your face glow, not sparkle like BE does. It covers my acne scars and blemishes quite decently, and then I touch up with some more severe scars with concealer. I'm using less concealor than I used to!

I also like how it has SPF, that was a problem I had with Everyday Minerals (plus I never got my shade right and it was too chalky). It photographs very well, my face is the closest to flawlessness with this on, and this has never happened with my other foundations.

Everyday Minerals made my tzone an oil slick in an hour, but this not so much. I produce just enough oil to make my face feel healthy, but I have to blot, as always.

The price is reasonable for a great mineral foundation - $35. And they give you loads! This is my first LM product, and I'm not disappointed.

EDIT: Breaks me out.

on 2/9/2008 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me first say this is the best packaging ever I have seen on a mineral powder or loose powder for that matter... Why? You can close the sifter with a sliding lid inside which prevents the horrible mess loose powders usually create. Therefore this is actually a loose powder you can bring along, (if your purse is large enough...;)

The powder is soft and finely milled and gives a rather sheer coverage, a bit buildable but not to full coverage. It has a slight glow about it to avoid skin from looking dead. However if you use mineral powder because your skin is oily and you need to cover that whithout either breaking out or looking shiny after a while again, then this is perhaps not your perfect choice. At least not without using the mineral finishing powder on top that LM recently released.

A finishing powder is almost always neccesary when using mineral foundations anyway, since the technique needed to push and swirl the foundation in place usually makes pores appear a bit more visible than desired when you are done, unless you have a flawless, poreless skin already to begin with...

But the finishing powder usually takes care of that. Either just by brushing it on with light strokes or by using a powder puff and lightly pressing it on top of the mineral foundation for a flawless finish.

The colors in this range is a bit on the darker side, I must say. I am fair skinned but not pale and usually find my foundation colors somewhere in the medium or natural range... But here I had to go with tender rose that is supposedly for very fair skin...

Some critisism... The amount you get for the very expensive price you pay is not much... And you will under most curcumstances need the finishing powder and a brush or even two if you don't want to use the same for both foundation and powder. And then this makes rather a dent in your wallet...