Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 3/21/2008 6:13:00 AM

So far I'm shocked by the low quality of this foundation. I'm giving it 2 lippies now because maybe with new application techniques it will improve. I even bought the primer too, which to me means a foundation is unable to last on its own. The shade is pale enough for my yellow-toned pale skin, but the wearability and look is probably the worst I've seen in a foundation (and I've tried them all!). It settles into pores and fine lines (I'm 27!) and makes me look 10 years older. I was also told I looked "makeupy", which is NOT what you'd expect from a mineral foundation. People were staring at my face at work- looked in the mirror and had huge channels of foundation in my fine smile lines a few hours after application.

After Merle Norman quality, this is so different. Merle's lasts all day, no settling into pores or lines, no blotting, and looks incredible (just wish they had lighter shades!). It seems to work for some, so try going to the Laura counter and asking to have it put on- if you still like it after several hours, it may work for you. It broke down on me after about 3 hours! Even worse than BE. Too bad with such a high cost... will update if I find techniques to make this work. UPDATE: Okay, I've really tried- applied it exactly like the MA, used the primer, setting powder- even wearing it in non-oily, non-strenuous office days. It STILL settles into channels into my tiny smile lines, wears off in patches after 4-5 hours, and has dismal lasting power. It's really embarassing. Even worse since I bought other drugstore stuff to cover up the mess on a work break and it blew it out of the water with no primer, setting etc . So sad this cost well over $100 for the 3 powders. Please try before you buy!

on 3/13/2008 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the best mineral foundation I've ever used! I like it so much more than Bare Minerals. BM would settle into my fine lines and look shiny at the end of the day and just yuck. Laura's version is a hundred times better, plus there are more colors to choose from. I use Real Sand which I think is the exact shade of my skin so it just seems to melt right in. I also use the mineral primer and my face looks like porcelain! it might seem expensive, but it will last forever!

on 3/10/2008 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

For those of you like me who loved the launch of this product but were disappointed by the color selection, the time has come to rejoice! There are two new colors, "soft porcelain" and "natural beige". The "tender rose " was just too dark for me and I wanted to cry when I had to return it, but the "soft porcelain is perfect and could work for anyone who is very fair. So here is a second chance to look like you have glowing SKIN--not glowing makeup! 35.00 Totally worth it. OH, I usually cannot tolerate bismuth... at all, itch city, but this doesn't bother me! I can hardly believe it, but I'm not going to question it!

UPDATE: BOO! I broke out after a week. I am sensitive, but I rarely break out with blemishes. For some reason the bismuth took longer took cause a reaction and I thought I was safe. Loving the LM tinted moisturiser I exchanged it for!

on 3/10/2008 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm a former Bare Minerals user, but I got so tired of it I wanted to try something new, so I picked this up. Even the lightest color was a bit too dark for me, but not enough to be a huge problem.. I actually liked how it gave my skin a little color, but I can see how their color selections could be a problem for people lighter than me. It was amazing in comparison with BE, because it didnt give me the disco ball effect, but instead a very subtle glow. I couldn't afford to buy the Primer too, since this alone is $35, which is $10 more than BE, but you get a lot more product, and it lasts longer.. Anyways, this sucked when I didn't use moisturizer, but when I did it was just okay.. I found the best way to get a flawless finish with this was to apply a light coverage foundation under it, I used the Revlon Colorstay Mineral fdtn, it lightened up the actual color of the LM, and when I applied the LM over, I got a flawless finish.. Basically, I'm giving this 4 lippies, b/c despite all the cons with it, it is the best mineral foundation I've used, and the coverage can be built up & it actually covers all my left over acne scars, so I like it a lot. I dont know if I'll buy this again, or try something new.. but, so far I'll be buying again.

on 3/10/2008 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

OK I gave the whole line (the mineral powder, the loose powder and the primer) a good week and a few days try. What I like: The packaging is great, I used to use Bare Minerals and this blows that out of the water with the sifter that closes and the larger lid. The texture is also a million times finer and better than BE. I also love the subtle glow it gives my skin. When I wear this it makes my skin look just like clean skin. Also I think it has good staying power.
The Cons, however, out weigh the Pros. 1)I couldn't find a good match, and I knew buying 'Real Sand' that it looked a little darker than my fair skin tone, but the other 2 lighter colors were too light or too pink. Also there really isn't any yellow undertones in Real Sand, which I have and also like to have since besides matching my skin tone it helps to reduce the redness in my cheeks. This was more of a true light beige.
2) Although I loved the way it looked on my skin, I only like it about 30 mins after I applied it, when first applied I thought it looked powdery, and once I applied it in direct sunlight and holy crap I looked dreadful! Like a powdery old lady! And I'm 24! Also I like to touch up during the day and I can't stay in the bathroom for 30 mins til I look good again for this to 'set' with my naturl oils
3)I have very oily acne prone skin, although I didn't break out from this I feel it made my skin overly dry and patchy which I am certainly not used to. Maybe it would be better in the summer, but my skin has definelty been acting weird since I started using this, maybe overall a little redder. 4) And here's the big one..NO COVERAGE! I found that there was minimal coverage, it did not cover any of my acne scars at all, I had to go over it with concealer, which is the only thing I liked about Bare Minerals that it covered well. I like a makeup that at least tries to cover up, or whats the point? This is great if you have really great skin and just want to even it out. BTW this also made my pores larger looking.
Sorry to rant on, I was just so excited to use this and am a little dissapointed. I think for the money (I spent 97 USD on the mineral powder, the setting powder, and the primer!!) this should be a lot better. I think this is way too much to spend to have to end up going over it with concealer after applying three layers of powder.
Oh BTW I tried it with a kabuki brush and the BE Flawless Face Brush.

on 3/7/2008 2:08:00 AM

I've tried many types of foundations and spent well over $500+ in search for that one foundation which does not irritate my sensitive skin and has natural but great coverage. I finally found it! Thank you Laura Mercier for creating this product! Please never even think about discontinuing it. I will be using it for many, many, many years. Highly recommend it. Use it with mineral primer and set it with translucent setting powder. All three used together has been wonderful for me.

on 3/5/2008 8:44:00 PM

The first day I wore this, I LOVED it. The tender rose color matched my skin perfectly and the finish was much better Bare Minerals, which I loathe. After two hours, this mineral make-up accented lines on my face that I didn't know I had. My face usually looks hydrated and relatively young, but not with this foundation. I looked dry and slightly wrinkled. Nope. Nope. Nope. It's not Laura Mercier's fault. Her products are wonderful. It's mineral make-up in general. This is the best mineral make-up I've tried so far, but still doesn't cut it. When will we get over this mineral crap??? I keep buying into the hype and I must stop. When was the last time someone died from wearing liquid foundation?

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first delve into the mineral foundation genre, and it was a really good experience. The foundation delivers really beautiful yet natural coverage that doesn't contain too much shimmer. Even though I love shimmer, it really does make me feel bad when someone takes a look at me in the sunlight and says I remind them of a disco ball. This instead is a very soft irridescence that I've gotten alot of compliments on. I find that it is very good for a natural look and does well covering up minor imperfections and redness. However, I really need to layer it over more noticeable blemishes. It's a nice look between the matte and dewy and the packaging is genius. It comes in the traditional powder jar but it has a slide over the sifter so that you are able to close the teop.You'll never open the jar to an unexpected shower of powder foundation. I have carried this around in my black velvet purse and never had any fallout! Also, it seems like the jar contains a generous amount of makeup so the $35 I paid seems like it will go a long way! Great Product!

on 3/2/2008 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was poking around saw this and thought wow I never even thought of giving this stuff a chance. I was invited to the launch at Nordy's a while back and thought "another mineral foundation-naah I pass". I had a GC from Nordy's so I thought I'd give it a try and I'm so glad I did. I really love the minimal amount of ingredients, the powder wasn't heavy or cakey, felt light and undetectable on my skin, and yes it did give me a MSBB look. My complexion looked naturally healthy w/out looking fake or powdery and the best part is that it has no sheen like other MF's do. I really do believe that the Mineral Primer goes hand in hand w/the MF it helps to keep my oilies at bay and IMO the two just work together and neither of them dry out my face or settle into fine lines that's important to me b/c I have dehydrated sensitive skin w/fine lines. This is like no other MF I've used I had given up on them and if it hadn't been for this one I would keep on going. I apply my MF w/Laura's Face Brush. I say what the heck give it a try you just might like it-a lot like I did.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

theres no point is using this product UNLESS your using the mineral primer or regular primer with it! the mineral primer will give u more of a luminious glow. think the reflection off a pearl. it will also help minimize the sizes of your pores by filling them in. if you want sheer coverage with the mineral powder you need to use something like a blush brush. for full coverage...you have to use a kabuki brush and really buff out the product. if used correctly ...with the primer and mineral powder...the texture of your skin will look smoother and youll have a beautiful natural glow