Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 10/14/2009 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love pomegranate but, this smells nothing like it. The scent can be extremely overpowering, and its just too much.

I love the original burt's bees and I love the idea of this since it gives you the slightest rosy tint on your lips This version is just as moisturizing as the original, and leaves a nice feeling on the lips without feeling waxy.

I just cannot get over the smell, I would rather just get the original any day, so I'm giving this only a 3.

on 10/14/2009 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Very similar to the popular Burt's Bee Beeswax that comes in a tin can.

This product design is great because it comes in a twistable tube and you can apply it directly onto your lips without washing/sanitizing your hands.

The waxy consistency product is very moisturizing, but not in a oily slick/glossy way. It is moderately light on the lips; and adds a hint of tint to your lips. A thumb up for this product.

on 10/2/2009 11:40:00 AM

OK- I really like this lip balm. It is a nice consistency - not to waxy, and not to oily. I think it does a good job moisturizing and adds a nice sheen and hint of color to my lips. Its the first lip balm that I have repurchased and seem to really stick with. I havent had any of the dryness issues some of the other reviewers have mentioned!

on 9/26/2009 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Definitely one of the best! Moisturizing, very slight healthy tint of color, and a pleasant mild scent - use this balm and your lips will be looking healthy & luscious in no time!

This stuff is OK. It smells good, and it gives a subtle tint to my lips, which is nice. I didn't notice any moisturizing though. I also thought the product was a bit messy if I pressed it too hard on my lips. I think the product is too soft, so whenever I would apply it on my lips, the balm would get a little mashed and then it would be a mess to put the cap back on.

I won't be buying this again. I prefer the Beeswax and the Honey balms a lot more.

on 9/7/2009 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i love how this lip balm makes my lips look--slightly glossy with a tint of red--and it smells great! but I'm not sure if it really moisturizes that well...overall i guess i would buy it again, but I'm not gonna rely on it when i have chapped lips

on 9/7/2009 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

At first I LOVED this product. I liked the color and the smell. And then, I started noticing that my lips were suddenly drying out horribly. Too bad because I really wanted to like this product. I won't be buying it again.

on 9/6/2009 3:47:00 PM

This is the first Burt's Bees product I've tried and am quite disappointed in it. It goes on nice and smooth at first. However, I do not find it moisturizing at all. The product just seems to sit on my lips without absorbing and just dries up, so I have to keep reapplying. Also, I am not sure but this product may have caused me to have a cold sore on the corner of my lip. Definately, will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I love this product! It smells/tastes great - I love pomegranate, so naturally this is really great for me. It leaves my lips with a tiny bit of gloss, not as much as a lip gloss does, but enough so it's noticeable. I prefer it over a lip gloss actually, because this is not sticky at all like glosses are. It has a nice sheer pink tint, so it leaves my lips a nice, pleasant shade of reddish/pinkish color. It's a very moisturizing formula, my lips are left smooth for hours on end.

I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a lip balm that acts more as a light lip color that is a bit glossy and very moisturizing. If you're looking for simply a basic every day lip balm, don't get this, get the original formula instead.

on 8/27/2009 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like this product. It smells nice and really keeps my lips soft. And I like the subtle tint. But it can be too glossy especially right after application.

Popular Lip Treatments