November 26, 2014 | 1507 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by vcanady

i am completely and utterly addicted to this stuff. i cant imagine how many bottles i have gone thru since i discovered it. i have very thin hair that gets greasy the day after i wash it, it sucks, but this stuff saves me. the ONLY possible drawback is if you have dark hair you need to make sure to rub it into ur scalp well so that there is no white cast. i have platinum hair so this isnt an issue for me, it actually brightens my roots which is awesome. LOVEEE it and wish i could buy it in bulk.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After many many (good) review reading I decided to get Batiste Dry Shampoo. My hair gets oily every other day so I have to wash it almost every day. I know it's not that great for hair so I was happy to hear about this product. Just went to Ulta (around $8 but in Australia it's much cheaper, they also have it in a cute little packaging) and got this Dry Shampoo in Blush. The smell is horrible but I tried it just a bit and saw a difference. It really absorbs oil well and my hair looks much better. But the smell is really strong and bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Katie315

Of all the dry shampoo products I've used (Oscar Blandi, "New" Pssst, Tre Semme, baby powder) this is BY FAR my favorite, and believe my when I say that I WANT to like every dry shampoo (they're such a lifesaver when you're in a pinch). My hair is naturally straight and blonde (leaning toward "dishwater" blonde the older I get)--it doesn't take long for it to look flat and greasy. Batiste does a great job of giving my hair a pick-me-up when I just don't have time to rewash and blow it out.
I like the spray application and the good, even coverage it provides (definitely better the the Oscar Blandi powder). I've also never had a problem with the nozzle clogging. Spray it on, wait a minute, brush, and VAVOOM--Brigitte Bardot hair!
In the interest of full disclosure, I think this product deserves 4.5 lippies instead of 5. The fragrance is a bit STRONG and perfumey, and it tends to linger. That being said, the ingredients seem to be gentle on my sensitive scalp.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by meybol102685

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have really thick coarse frizzy highlighted bleached hair & I can't afford to wash it a lot (not even every other day). I do use a lot of hair products like hair masks & heat protectants that leave my hair smooth and shiny. This product is a life saver. My roots get so greasy andnasty and it takes forever to wash and then blow dry my hair. My ends are dry so I try to protect my hair as much as I can. I part my hair into sections and then use my fingers and then comb through and whola. My hair looks just as good as if barely washed and it gives me volume. I luv luv luv

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by puremoxie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am writing this review after trying Batiste (Original) for the first time. I am already in love. I thought I would never to able to be one of those people who are lucky enough to not have to wash and style their hair daily. I think I'll finally be able to be one of them now! I washed my hair yesterday morning, and inevitably today my hair is a little greasy. A few sprays of this along the roots, a little rub of the fingers on my scalp and a quick brush through made my hair look as if I just washed and blow dried my hair. It looks and smells fresh. Amazing product :)

EDIT 12/17/10: Still loving this product. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this in original and didnt like the smell so I got it in Blush and love it! smells very fresh and pretty! I like to spray this on days where my roots are oily and no time to wash. It does a great job on soaking up the oils, also ads a little volume. I love that you can spray it exactly where you want it, and it doesnt leave a white reside on my brown hair. Ive tried oscar blondi pronto, which is good too but this one is much cheaper and does the same job! 5 *****!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 4:29:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Does the job for a short period of time but makes my hair dull and has an overpowering, long lasting perfumey smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by DottySarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Does the job, whenever i have hair that needs washing but am running out of time i spray it on lightly and then pat hair for a minute. No whites, and it kind of blots excess oil from hair. Could improve on the smell but im not complaining!
Bought it from Boots in London and i remember it was under 3 pounds.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Works so well. I spray at roots only and then tap with my hands to sort of work in. Absorbs excess oil well. As long as I tap it where I've sprayed, it doesn't leave white powdery film like others do (my root area is med. brown.)

CONS: Smell could be better (original), but it's tolerable. The tropical is just too weird to have sun tan oil smell with hair, IMO. This does run out quick, so I buy at least two cans when I got to Sally's Beauty Supply. Does leave just the lightest film of powder, but when I tap it in, it goes away easily and quickly.

APPLICATION TIPS: I only spray at the roots cause that's where I need it. ;-)

ALTERNATES: Have now found Suave's dry shampoo to be superior to this in having a lot less white residue and the smell is better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i am so astounded with this product! inexpensive & works much better than any other dry shampoos i've used, including high end. background; i colour my hair bright red with a semi-perm colour. red fades FAST. i generally, really only wash my hair in the shower with water/shampoo once a week. now, working 5 days a week with the public means i can't really look like i don't bathe. my hair gets oily quick because i have ocd with running my hands through my hair & flipping it, hahah it's lame, i know. so my hair gets dirty faster than it should. this is where dry shampoo saves my life. just a couple quick sprays to my roots, rub it all in then brush it through & i'm good to go. now, this doesn't make my hair look like it's just been washed clean, but it definitely makes it look clean. i got this at ulta, buy one get one free plus each can came with a travel sized can. i keep one in my car & one in my locker at work. LOVE this stuff, will always repurchase.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No