August 28, 2014 | 587 users online

Highlighters - NARS - Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2008 10:30:00 AM More reviews by lalala78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My mom is hard to please. I tried this for the first time as part of my pre-weddig make-up rampage. My mom stopped me and she told my skin looked really good.

ALthough it is a powder it doesnt look sparkly or glittery, it achieves almost what one would expect from a cream.
Definitely wearing this to the wedding!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by mkupmad727

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

im very yellow toned, this adapted to the tones in my skin very well, great as a summer highlighter because it is obviously powder. subtle yet imparts the angelic glow i want will by again if i ran out. application technique along with wear u place the highlighter will determine how well it looks. you honestly dont need alot i find one sweep over the compact on to my cheekbones does the job. looks great in all lighting on my skin. this is a definite for those of you who are south indian origin like myself. i feel this will work great for ALL skintones apart from those blessed with the english rose complexion, i would say benefit high beam for you girls. only dissapointment was the size of the compact but generally happy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by tstgirl

if you want a sheen not shimmer or sparkle, this is great. i loved the barbie pearl blossom beautypowder over my blushes because of the nice sheen it gives over matte blushes. but i wanted a golden tone as the pearl blossom is more cool pink with white pearl. albatross is just what i was looking for. i've tried stila's rose gold, the powder was hard and wasn't really showing on me as nars albatross is softer and you get quite a bit of product with one swipe but you won't over do it because it goes on sheer. mineralized finishes, to me, the glitter was a bit chunky which is not what i wanted. i'm also tried mac irridescent powders and the glitters are also chunky. the glitter in bobbi brown shimmer bricks are finer but it is a bit too glimmery. like i said, if you want a sheen, this is perfect but if you want something more, this might not satisfy you. i would definitely buy it again because you can use this everyday, save on blushes because you have the option of adding shine. i think it's worth the money since i've tried so many brands. i will say it is similar to mac vanilla pigment but the glitter in nars is much finer so it gives off a sheen.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2008 7:40:00 PM More reviews by ylchag

I have this in a duo with lovejoy as the complement - great pair, and this one in particular is super versatile. I use it around my temples/browbone/cheekbone for a highlight that helps brighten my whole complexion. I also love this as an eyeshadow for a simple, clean look. I probably wouldn't buy it on its own, but would as a part of a set or duo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

BEAUTIFUL highlighter!! Try it! I have fair skin and I wasn’t sure if it would show up on me, but I tried it, and WOW!! Definitely a HG product for me. Albatross is a shimmery, sheer finely milled white pressed powder with slight gold undertones. (I have cool toned skin but it still looks great on me.) Looks great on the tops of cheekbones, hollows of eyes, brow bone, inside corners of eyes, around the outside of the eyes in a "C" crescent, and used sparingly on the forehead and bridge of nose. I like playing with it and using it with different brushes in different areas of the face.. probably the most fun part of doing my makeup. It’s great how it is a powder instead of a cream (like my other favourite highlighters) because when you think you’ve finished your face but then look back and think “I could use a little more highlighter”, Albatross is easy to sweep on gently. I love pairing this with Laguna – so pretty! And.. if you think it looks amazing in artificial light indoors.. wait until you see it in the sunlight!! When the sun hits it, you will be glowing. Not in an over the top glittery sparkly shiny way, but a naturally radiant I just have great skin way. I have to add that I also love NARS sturdy rubbery packaging because I have a tendency to drop my poor compacts and I haven’t had any broken hinges, cracked powders, smashed mirrors, etc, yet. *crosses fingers* Anyways, in conclusion: Best highlighter ever.

21 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2008 4:36:00 AM More reviews by MilesDevin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am one of the few people who don't care for this product. I find that it accentuates my already large pores, and just looks too shiny for me. I prefer MAC's pro pastel Studio Fix in Shivering White over this any day, although not many people know of that product, it is amazing and versatile.

I love almost every NARS product, but not this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by josielovesdan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been searching for the perfect highlighter for a long while now. The search has ended, because this is it! Most of the highlighters I've tried have been too glittery, or too white. This is pretty much the color of light if there is any such thing.... just a beautiful golden shimmer and glow. I put it on for the first time last night (did the inside corers of my eyes, a bit on the brow bone, and upper cheek bones) and my husband commented on how beautiful my face looked :) He said I looked "like an angel." It's very subtle, and you have to layer it a bit for it to show up, but it's the subtle nature of it that makes it such a perfect highlighter. You don't want it to look like you're strategically placing "light" here and there on your face.... and with this product, no one will ever know why you're glowing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

I saw this in store at sephora while I was getting my mom a NARS blush for christmas. I made a mental note and just now have purchased it :). While I really like it, I am still getting the hang of it. Someone below said it works best for them with warm toned makeup and I have to second this. I have FFF/MMM olive skin and thought this might be too warm for me but it isn't. I tried it first with a skunk brush and all that happened was I was glittery and not glowy. Then I used it with a MAC blush brush (much more dense than a skunk) and it looked great. I buff it on under my mineral makeup but over tm and blush and it looks very pretty. This also looks nice as an eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 1:00:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Totally stunning highlighter on me. Beautiful golden sheen - not shimmer! I love this paired with almost any blush I own. People compare it to MAC Vanilla pigment, but Vanilla does not go on as smooth - a little more buffing to get it a smooth as Albatross (Vanilla also has more pink in it). I purchased this in the Orgasm/Albatross Duo and I hate Orgasm so it pains me to swap it away - ohh well I need to find a pan of Albatross instead - total HG of the moment anyways.

I have tried MAC MSF's, BB Shimmerbricks and neither compare to the 'sheen' I get from Albatross, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe it took me so long to review this. SO i wasn't entirely convinced that this product was *worth* it until I had to wear it the day of my engagement ceremony. IN all the photographs I have a GLOW. And I know it because I layered this beautiful highlighter on top of my blush. ON my GGG skin, it can't be used alone, but if used ON TOP of whatever blush I'm wearing in the evening, it really works as a highlighter, and a lot less messy than my other fave, MAC quiver pearlizer, (which is easy to overdo and a loose powder).

I would recommend this to anyone, but not by itself.

LSF 8, nc40-42, dry dry skin