NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 11/15/2008 4:54:00 PM

An absolutely gorgeous barely-golden highlighter. my only complaint is that it doesn't give me that "wow" factor on it's own. I can't ever wear it without a light spritz of Fix+. For some reason it just looks too powdery and gives me a bit of a white cast even when I've only applied a small amount. Maybe it's coz I'm always layering it over powder foundation?? In any case, with Albatross in combination with a single spritz of Fix+, I feel like I'll never have to stray and explore other highlighters again, it really is that good :) It gives me a gorgeous runway supermodel-like glow, which I've never before been able to achieve with other highlighting products I have tried over the years. Love it and will definitely buy again!

on 11/10/2008 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A total multi purpose product! Good for cheeks, eyes, and nose. Superb!! It's a golden, healthy, dewy glow (maybe the slightest hint of pink-could be what makes us look healthy?). It's extremely better than MAC's Belightful, which is chunk full o' glitter. This gives you that nice pop on your face. Of course like with any MU product don't over abuse or you'll look strangely metallic. I use it over nearly every blush but hey I love me some shimmer!! Definitely worth trying....then buying! For reference I'm an NC40, Hyper real 300, LORAC SMS 5, MUFE HD 140, Cover FX M50.

on 11/10/2008 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

WOW. I finally bought this after all the rave reviews. This is my first Nars blush/highlighter. I wore it out today, I buffed it onto the apples of my cheeks, around my eyes and the tip/bridge of my nose. Out of nowhere a co-worker tells me how jealous she is of my beautiful skin - she wasn't aware that I had on makeup at all. Her reaction blew me away.

This highlighter is HG status - I am so happy to have it. I am a Nars fan now. I am seeing what all the hype was about!

on 11/2/2008 7:50:00 PM

I don't own this highlighting powder (its not really a blush!), but my friend does and I've always used hers when we get ready to go out together (cus you seriously can never finish it). It gives this gorgeous illuminating glow to any complexion, and even though i don't use foundation or loose powder, this one is definitely something I would use to get that "i sleep 8 hours per day and drink 8 glasses of water" glow. Very very pretty. The packing isn't that creative - just regular Nars packaging. There's also a blush/highlighting duo, which is even better.

on 11/1/2008 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this. I have it in the Orgasm/Albatross duo. (Perfect duo, imo. - if you can't find it, they also have it in the bridal palette).

I use it as a highlighter on my cheekbones and sometimes as an eyeshadow.

It is MAC Vanilla pigment in a pressed form. So, for days when you are traveling, take this instead of the pigment for a no-mess trip.

It shows up on me as a pink-gold shimmer. I have med/olive skin.

on 10/30/2008 1:10:00 AM

This is hands down the best powder highlighter I have ever used. It melts into the skin, giving your face the perfect candlelit glow. I love it!!!!!

on 10/30/2008 12:42:00 AM

I love this and use it everyday no matter what blush that I am wearing. I hightlight it on the top of my cheekbone and it gives the most beautiful glow.
I knew that i loved it when I saw a picture that someone had taken of me. I had this natural glow that I'd never seen before. I kept staring at it and realized that it was Albatross. From then on I have never left the house without it. It makes the most beautiful subtle difference. But don't pile it on. Use lightly.
Don't be afraid ladies. At first I was not sure how to use it but now I am in love. Use it on the inner corner of your eyes too!!

EDIT--2 months later and I am still using this everyday. I love it. Will never go without it again. LOL

on 10/29/2008 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Tried this on a whim today and thought nothing would show up on my NW45 skin. So wrong! This made me look like I had an inner glow. I don't know how NARS does it. Maybe it's the finely milled shimmeriness. But their blushes are the best. I love it when I step out of my comfort zone and am rewarded.

on 10/25/2008 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am MAC NC10
I wish that I would in love with Albatross.
I did try this at sephora(SA did apply it on my face as high lighter ),
it's looked very bright up my face and I loved it! so I bought it . after couple hour, I checked my face at caffe shop which is outside (under the natural sun light)
my face looked like cyborg & my skin got itchy cuz the Lanolin.
Becca's PSP and Fresh's twilight ( or satin luster ) are much better ,
however it's good for someone who is under 35 years old and want to
be playful style.

I would recommend try it first and see face under the light & under the sun.

on 10/13/2008 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This is a nice pale yellow gold color that adds warmth to any face. I don't think I could wear it alone, I do like pairing it with NARS's Orgasm or any other blush that needs a boost. I do think you could find a cheaper alternative if you tried, but this will do for now. I have yet to try it to highlight my brows, sounds like a good idea. I would probably not repurchase because it will last me a long time.

Top Rated NARS Products