beautyblender the sponge

4.4

on 10/12/2012 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The Beauty Blender is super soft, and that's my favorite thing about it. That's also really the only difference between it and another blending sponge. You get the same results. It's great for the eye area because it applies makeup so gently. I don't know whether its worth the price though yet.

I washed it a few times now and each time the dye has bled. Not liking that.
The first time, the dye bled a lot. Now the sponge is a lighter pink color.
Im also starting to feel like it takes less time to just use my hand/fingers for foundation application then using this. Eiether way you get nice results.

on 10/10/2012 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is the best product that i ever used to blend my makeup
do the work so quickly! and the Foundation looks natural on the skin MUST HAVE
use this product when it's a little bit wet!

on 9/9/2012 2:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I love my beautyblender and will never use a foundation brush for applying foundation again. It covers evenly and builds coverage well. It's easy to use and clean. It lasts a few months when cleaned and maintained well. I don't love how it applies cream blush, but I think it's simply because of the consistency of the blush I tried. Overall great product and will repurchase again and again.

I love this sponge. I've been using a stippling brush to apply foundation, and the beauty blender blows the brush out of the water. The foundation goes on beautifully. Something about the somewhat damp application works really well for my dry skin. Concealer around my nose and under-eyes also goes super smooth. Would definitely recommend this product.

But, be prepared to wash after each use. Even still, totally worth it.

on 8/30/2012 10:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this! This made my foundation application a whole lot easier, faster, and better. A lot of different types and brands of foundations work with the Beauty Blender. I find that I grab for this more often than the other foundation brushes that I have now. Don't get me wrong, the brushes out there are still good but this is different. This really blends the foundation to the skin so smoothly, covers pores and imperfections with ease and you don't have to worry about your skin getting streaky where you have to go back and blend it again and again. Just be diligent in cleaning it after every use to protect it and keep it in good quality longer. Also, I apply the foundation all over my face and neck in wide stripes or dots with my fingers then blend and bounce it on with the beauty blender. I do not pick up the foundation, especially if it's liquid, with this cause it kinda soaks up a good amount of the product before it reaches the skin. But still, will definitely repurchase over and over than the brushes!

So glad I purchased this. Never the less it did kill me to pay 26 dollars for a sponge, but it's well worth it. The flawless finish it gives your skin is amazing and it feels so light!

on 8/22/2012 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After reading rave reviews, I was still unsure about purchasing because you mostly have to find it online and, well, it's a sponge for a premium. However, I am so glad I finally broke down and got one!

The thing I love about this is the way it makes your make-up look so flawless. It leaves the most amazing, smooth finish and makes it so easy to apply a light layer of whatever and slowly build it. You have to try it to see how it makes foundation/bb cream/whatever look so much better.

As for cleaning... I refuse to buy the brand's cleaner. I've tried soaps and baby shampoo and I have to say that the best thing so far has been a bar of soap. Dove, to be exact. I'm not sure if it's too strong or something, but it does an amazing job at getting every bit of make-up from my sponge. Baby shampoo is my usual go-to, but it does a terrible job and takes forever to rinse out.

I've only had my sponge for a couple of months but it's held up very well and I hope it continues to do so! I really recommend everyone to at least try this out. If you want it from Sephora, you can always return it (I specifically asked about this product) so give this a chance! Keep in mind that everyone says dupes do not work the same way.

on 8/15/2012 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I love this sponge! It makes foundation, concealer and setting powder application easy without caking. Its pricey though for a sponge. I have tried other dupes but nothing compares to this. Easier to clean than my makeup brushes because it doesn't absorb so much product and I use Baby shampoo to clean it. I will be buying this over and over again.

on 8/13/2012 8:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i bought this for $8 and i like it.
it blends my highlights and concealer perfectly :D

on 8/13/2012 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Ive tried so many different methods of applying my foundation and nothing has gave me such a flawless finish with minimal effort like the BB does. I use the BB with my Nars sheer glow foundation and I also use it with powders, blushes, and concealers. Ive also used it with drugstore foundations and the finish is still natural and flawless. This cuts my makeup time in half and is soooo easy to use. It feels so good on the skin and makes your makeup feel light and airy almost as if you weren't wearing anything. I read a few reviews about the BB prior to purchasing it saying that it absorbed a lot of product but Ive found that the best way to avoid this is to dab the foundation on your skin and then blend. It is a little hard to get the foundation stains out but I don't really mind as long as I know that its clean. It is a little pricey for a sponge but since its reusable I think its definitely worth it. Overall I think this is a great sponge and I doubt anything will be able to top this.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools