Bioderma Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

4.3

Water, Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium Edta, Cetrimonium Bromide

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Know this product from Lisa Eldridge Youtube video only few months back. Ever since, am on a lookout for this water cleanser. It is.so pricey in Guardian pharmacy in Singapore, retailing for S$34 (abt USD26.50) for a 250ml bottle.
Finally a friend manage to grab 2 bottles for me in Hong kong at S$25 (USD19.50) for 500ml.
It took off all my eye makeup with a breeze, no more tugging and rubbing of my eye lid. Eye area never feel so fresh after cleaning.
This product is going to stay in my kit for a long long time.

PROS:

- Gentle. I have yet to hear of anyone that is allergic to this, or anyone who has found this irritates their skin.

- Cheap. Price per ml this is a huge bargain. For those of you who are on a budget but want to enjoy high end quality skincare.

CONS:

- Doesn't remove strong eye makeup. If i have used Gel eyeliner, or even used an eye shadow and an angled brush this sadly does not remove it.

- Not readily available in the UK. I have to pick this up in large quantities in Paris. Why some UK retailers haven't picked up on this yet I do not know!!!

Overall I love it, but not for its full purpose. It removes all my foundation and base perfectly, however I do need to use something else on my eyes. I feel like I'm betraying this by not giving it a higher rating..but the fact that It doesn't remove all of my eye makeup is a big no, no for me!!!

on 4/10/2012 4:24:00 PM

Was shocked to see this stuff sold at Shoppers Drug Mart! Needless to say, soon as I saw it, I picked up a bottle. So far (based on only two uses, so I will update) this stuff definitely lives up to the hype. My skin has never felt so good after removing make-up! Yes it's rather pricey, but from what I can tell, a little goes a loooong way!

on 4/9/2012 3:03:00 PM

My dermatologist recommended this to me when I went to him as I have sensitive skin and I'm very prone to sunburn and I obviously wear makeup.. This cleanser is not only great for removing makeup but if you have a skin that suffers from constant break outs due to dirt clogging your pores then this product would be your "beauty Grail" as it is great in removing any dirt/makeup from your skin. Also it leaves the skin nourished and much much softer! Highly recommended. I have done a review in my blog and also made a video about this product and another Bioderma product. Please feel free to watch, read and write to me if you have questions!

on 4/6/2012 3:46:00 PM

I've been through 2 bottles of this and am about to purchase a 3rd. I've been holding off since using up the second bottle because money is tight and have been using up some sample makeup removers. Estee Lauder was quite good - didn't sting and removed most (not all) of my eye makeup. Clinique did sting but removed most of my eye makeup. But bioderma removed everything, didn't dry my skin out or leave residue and was as non irritating as water.
In the words of Sinead O'Connor, bioderma "nothing compares to you".

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Okay, I could kiss the person that invented this product, well maybe just on the cheek. Since my age is creeping up to the big 5-0, my skin has pretty much become irritated by anything and everything. I don't know if it's the premenopausal thing or what? But lately, products that my face would tolerate, won't anymore. I usually use Cetaphil, to cleanse, but found it doesn't do a bang up job on removing all of my mascara or eyeliner. I don't use a waterproof mascara. I always used Nivea (the pink one) toner, following the Cetaphil. This stuff, however, removes it all, without being oily, I hate those oily removers, as they always leave residue behind.(I do wear contacts).

With the Bioderma, Sensibio, I just use a soaked cotton makeup pad and wipe away, no toner required. I have dry, sensitive skin, and my skin felt really soft after using it. I even used it on my husband's oily skin, and he said his face felt clean, but not greasy. The only thing I would criticize about the product is price. Here in Canada, at Shoppers Drug Mart it is $30 for the 500 ml bottle, which I find pretty steep. I also purchased the Sensibio eye cream, and the sales associated gave me a couple sample of the Sensibo AR, which I will review at a later date, after I've used them a while.

on 3/30/2012 11:59:00 AM

Purchased this product yesterday and I was very shocked to see it available in Canada! I used it immediately when I got home and it removed all of my makeup. A very important tip I learned is a little goes along way. I don't want to assume its capability because it has been less than 24 hours SO I decided to wait until the next morning to review. My eyes didn't feel like it had residue of mascara on and that became a huge relief. I also put some on my face this morning after I woke up and I was grossed out to see "dirt" on the cotton ball (not makeup as I did not wear any face products the day before). I highly, highly recommend bioderma :)

Update: I literally just repurchased a new bottle of Bioderma two days ago because the quality is amazing and I ran out. Just a side note in case you are wondering how long the bottle lasts!

on 3/27/2012 3:56:00 AM

Love this product!! Non greasy formula but still dont need much effort to remove makeup! I have tried a lot of makeup removers and I think I have now met my match! A little hard to get hold of as I live in the UK but managed to find on ebay without a problem.

on 3/25/2012 10:15:00 AM

This is my first Micelle Cleanser. Never knew a water-based cleanser can work as well as a oil-based cleanser for removing makeup. Thanks to my HK colleague's recommendation, I bought a bottle and started using it in HK's dry weather. Doesn't dry out my skin at all. Now that I'm back in Singapore's hot and humid weather, the product is still performing well - no breakouts or bumps on my skin and it didn't dry out my skin as well.

Will monitor it again for the next couple of weeks, but i'm just happy that my cleansing routine just got simplified. :)

I had been looking for this product for ages as it's really hard to come by in Bangkok (found it in Hong Kong!) and I have to say, so far it has been a real disappointment. While it is good for removing makeup on my face, it only gets a bit of eyeliner off, and hardly works for my waterproof mascara - I usually use Maybelline Falsies or Magnum.

Good for removing powder/foundation etc, but if you want something a bit heavy duty for eyemakeup, go for something else ... it could be cheaper too!