September 22, 2014 | 1572 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this cleanser to remove makeup and sunscreen, which usually don't come off with just soap and water. I find that this removes easily even the most heavy sunscreen and foundation without leaving my skin irritated, dry or oily. It basically just cleanses, without "messing" with your skin. It has no other actives so it doesn't aim to treat any skin condition.

Right now my skin is normal/dry and I'm on a low dose of Accutane, so most cleansers are too drying for me. There are lots of other brands that make micellair cleansers (cleansing waters) like La Roche-Posay, Vichy, Caudalie, and even drugstore brands like Garnier. Even Sephora launched a micellair cleanser from its own brand. So what makes Créaline special?

First: the price. If you buy it in France, it will be much cheaper than most brands. You can get a 500 ml bottle for about 9 euros. This makes it even cheaper than the Garnier version that is sold in my local supermarket. I am aware that most MUA members are in the US, so it's really hard to find, but if you travel to France, it will be really worth it to buy at least a bottle to try the product.

Other reason: some micellair cleansers have other ingredients that can irritate some people's skin - fragrance, essential oils and even alcohol! Also, some others (like LRP) didn't remove makeup that well.

I don't use it as my only cleanser, though. I found over the last few months (even before using this product) that my skin works better if I use some kind of soap or foaming cleanser - it looks more glowy, less dull. However, I can see that my skin is completely clean after using Créaline, I just like the feel of washing my face with water.

Some people ask in the boards in this cleanser works as an eye makeup remover. Yes, it does. But, if you use lots of eye makeup OR waterproof mascara/eyeliner, you will have to be very careful and thorough with your cleansing, because cleansing water will not remove it immediately. You will need to apply it (with a cotton pad, obviously) a couple of times until it gets completely clean. As I don't use waterproof eye makeup, Créaline works just fine for my eye makeup removal (non-waterproof mascara + pencil eyeliner + sometimes eye shadow). If you use lots of eye MU or if it's waterproof, maybe an oil-based MU remover would suit you best (mineral oil works fine for me, provided that I don't use it on my face, only on my eyes. It removes eye makeup almost instantly. You'll need to wash your face after it, though).

When I use eyeliner on my waterline, be it gel or pencil, Créaline than with other MUis the best remover, it's really gentle and doesn't irritate my eyes at all (I have sensitive eyes due to Lasik surgery a few years ago). I apply some of it on a Q-tip and use it gently along my waterline. It takes everything off. You just have to make sure you didn't leave anything inside your eyes (a little gross, I know, but sometimes eyeliner can get inside your eyes and you'll wake up with that black stuff all over your pillow).

I don't think it's very likely that this cleanser breaks someone out, since it has no clogging or irritating ingredients IMO. However, reaction to skincare sometimes is difficult to predict, so we never know.

Other uses for this product:
- as said below, to cleanse eye MU brushes
- to remove makeup stains from clothes

Anyway, if you find yourself in a place where this product is easily available, specially for a good price (under 15 euros a 500 ml bottle) go for it. It's a great product and it can suit most skin types.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by jeanyus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought it after a recommendation on the boards. I was very surprised at how easily my mineral foundation came off - even my eyeliner and mascara! I normally used an oil cleanser that dried my skin, but this one isn't as drying.
I do double check on how clean my skin is after by taking a water soaked cotton pad and drag across my skin. Always clean.
No break outs either.

However, I do not see this lasting very long, so it would get costly over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by JunkieXL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin is quite reactive. I'm acne prone but harsh, anti-acne products always turn my skin red and raw. I've used this kind of cleanser before, by LaRoche Posay, but I was really interested in trying this one after some really good reviews. When I was in France (you can't get it in Holland, only on the web) I just walked into a pharmacy and bought two bottles. And I have to say... It's great. My skin doesn't look and feel irritated, it cleanses like it should (I use another product to clean my waterproof mascara) and it leaves my skin feeling clean and healthy. A cleanser like a cleanser is supposed to be: no frills, just good cleaning. I got two bottles for 20 euros but they are huge 0.5 litre bottles so I think the price is fair. The packaging is just like the product: no frills, only the information you need. A no nonsense product, I like it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by lylalies

I don't really use this as a cleanser,just as a make up remover. It's very gente and it doesn't dry me out. The good thing is that Bioderma is very easy to find in México and not expensive at all. I'm already on my second bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by calsycat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

i don't know if anyone has made this point, but in addition to being a good facial cleanser, it works beautifully to clean small ( eg: eyeliner) brushes. just pour a little puddle in your clean palm and swish the bristles around in the liquid. blot dry on a tissue. I clean my brush this way after every use so that it's always clean and good to go.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a fan of non-rinse cleansers at all to be honest, as I just don't feel like I have cleansed my face properly when I don't use water (weird, I know), so I'm more the cleansing-oil and cleansing gel-type. Also, most of the non-rinse cleansers broke me out so far, gave me dull complexion, clogged my pores, caused stinging and burning sensations, redness etc. I could write a book about the negative effects I experienced so far...

But thisone is an exception. My skin really feels purified when I use this and it also preforms great as an eye make up remover. No irritations, no breakouts, perfect! It even soothens my skin.Though I still don't use this daily, but more when I come home and I'm about to go out in an hour or two and need to put on some evening make up or when I come home in the early morning, wasted from a party and don't feel like doing the whole cleansing routine, but just removing my make up with Crealine H20, slapping some Laneige water sleeping mask and brushing my teeth. Would I repurchase this? Of course! It's the only non-rinse cleanser my skin tolerates so far and I only paid 19.20$ for a 500ml bottle. If you have very sensitive skin (no matter if oily or drier) I recommend to give this cleansing water a chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by missmostyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is the best eye makeup remover I have ever tried and is my current HG product. It really does remove every last bit of eye makeup, including mascara, and does not leave any residue behind. Sensibio H2O (or Crealine) lives up to every praise it receives!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by SexpotOnTheRocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was blown away by this product - in a bad way. I ordered this from frenchcosmetics for around $40 since I live in the US. I only justified this after hearing that everyone uses this backstage at runway shows. I never expected miracles, but it was such a pain to try to remove foundation/powder/bronzer with this. My skin even looked a little irritated afterwards. So I decided to reserve this for eye makeup only. Except every time I use it, it really stings my eyes. It doesn't remove makeup any better than some of the drugstore makeup removers.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by lwsege

My top HG for all the makeup removers I tried before! I have normal to dry skin and this removes all my daily makeup thoroughly and leave no stickiness and pimples to my skin. I stocked this up in Taiwan because it is so cheap compare to Malaysia.

FYI:
I'm wearing sunscreen, concealer, bb cream, eyeshadow, eyebrow powder and blushers during my daily makeup. I have a separate eyes & lips makeup remover because this is not strong enough to remove my eye makeup at all time. I have a pump bottle and refill this into it so I can get them much more easier. Three cotton pads are enough to remove all of my makeup. I'm addicted to the after-used overall face clean and moisturized feel. Will use this forever and definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by cookiesncreammm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was suckered into buying this product when I saw one of the pixiwoo sisters use this in their videos and sorta recommended it. I needed a makeup remover while I was on a trip to HK & passed by a Bioderma shop so I figured if it isn't too expensive I'll get it. The SA was HORRIBLE. Absolute lousy attitude, & very rude. She tried to push me into getting the 500ml bottle or the package of 500ml & 250ml, which were of much better value. I decided that since I only occasionally use makeup, the 250ml would be enough & there's no point in spending another SGD18 or so to get the 500ml. The SA was NOT happy that I got the smaller bottle, & displayed horrendous attitude the whole time I was in the store.

That aside, the product took me quite a few swipes before the cotton pad was clear. & even then I could still see some foundation stuck in my pores :/ That was resolved by washing my face with my daily cleanser but the product is supposed to be a non-rinse cleanser -.- I had a mini breakout a couple of days later which I cannot be sure is due to the product. Will not repurchase.