Origins Modern Friction

3.8

Aqueous infusion; rosa damascena (rose) flower; oryza sativa (rice) starch; sodium laureth sulfate; glycerin; cocamide mea; flycol disterate; acylates copolymer; pentylene flycol; polysorbate 20; essential oils (olea); citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot); citrus limon (lemon); cucumis sativus (cucumber); cinnamomum camphora (shiu); litsea cubeba; citrus aurantium (petitgrain); ocimum basilicum (basil); citral; linalool; benzyl salicylate; limonene and mentha piperita (peppermint), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice; scutellaria baicalensis; pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract; cucumis sativa (cucumber) fruit extract; textrahexyldecyl (vitamin C) ascorbate; butylene glycol; hexylene glycol; sodium cocate; caprylyl glycol; sodium sulfate; hydroxypropyl methylcellulose; sodium chloride; laureth-2; tetradibutyl pentaerithityl hydroxyhydrocinnamate; edta; disodium edta; trisodium hedta; methylchlorosothiazolinone; methylisothiazolinone; sodium benzoate; penoxyethanaol; titanium dioxide (ci 7789).

Meh. Consistency is sort of weird and goopy. I use a spoon to get it out if the jar so I'm not sticking my fingers in, but it's like getting a spoonful of marshmallow topping (sticky). The scrub itself is pretty unremarkable. It didn't seem to exfoliate any better than any other scrub I've tried, and it's certainly not nearly as effective as true microdermabrasion treatments. To add insult to injury, I think it made my usually-clear skin break out. I'll stick to my Kiehl's Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

HG for sure. I never knew what a difference Microdermabrasion could do to my skin! Gosh, there are so many wonderful things about this, I don't know where to start. Well, first, I got this as a sample from Origins. I let it sit in my closet for a week, not really knowing how truly awesome it was. So, wanting to see what a difference microdermabrasion would make on my skin, I tried it. And behold: The softest, cleanest, smoothest, flawless skin EVER. It smoothed the texture of my skin to baby softness, evened my skintone, and reduced the appearance of blemishes, even killing a few pimples! Whenever my skin even begins to get a little yucky, I use this.

I do not know what I was thinking by using this product, the name says it on it's own "friction" I ruined my face now I have horrible dry patches that hurt around my chin and nose.

This product gave me super smooth skin. I have been using it for a month now and I don't really see the lines going away much. It worked a little but that is about it. The thing I don't like about this product is that it stings the hell out of my eyes! I try really hard to keep the scrub away from my eyes but even when completely wash the scrub away, the water that runs into my eyes still sting.

I really wanted to like this. I got a sample of it at a free-standing store. I have sensitive skin, and this really irritated my skin. I followed the SA's instructions on how to use it (cleanse skin; use it on dry skin, gently wet the skin, slough off). It _did_ exfoliate my skin, yes, but my skin was red and hurting after. It's probably be better for people with oily, non-sensitive skin.

This product was just disappointing. My skin felt smoother, but no more than with a normal scrub. My face was blotchy and red afterwards until the next morning, and fairly irritated. I would not say this is even close to the results of microdermabrasion. It was $35 for the jar, which would last long if you like the product. I've already returned mine after using it twice and seeing nothing that makes it worth keeping.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really LOVE this product. Have already used one jar and repurchased another. Hubby likes using it too and it's made a big improvement in his blackhead/nose situation. Have raved like a loon about this to all of my friends. I use all of the Boscia line and never thought I'd like any other scrub as much, but Im truly elated with the quality of my skin with this and I feel like I dont impress easily. Im oily with occasional breakouts. Oh, and Im also 37 and I swear my skin looks 'fresher' than it has in 10 years. Clean and smooth and pink and less oily and not irritated. I cant ask for anything more than that!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE MODERN FRICTION! This is an amazing product that delivers phenomenal results...I've been using this for a month now (2-3x a week) and I've gotten comments from friends (including my husband!) that my skin is glowing! AMAZING! Thank you ORIGINS! I wanted to say one thing however to Cheryl49 who has the problem with blackheads... Modern Friction contains rice starch, which will draw out dirt and debris from your pores. I know you said it made your blackheads seem more noticeable, however, I think that If you were to use MFriction more than just two times, you will see that your blackheads will "clear up" as it did with mine. TRUST me, not only will you see results immediately, but even BETTER results over time. OH! And did I mention it that it also helped to diminish the appearance of my blemishes? I cannot say enough about MF! GO GET IT :)

I'm not sure if this product comes close to microdermabrasion, but as face scrubs go it is my favorite because I see instant results that last. My skin is brighter and smoother than with regular face scrubs, and I like that I can tweak the level of abrasiveness by using the product wet or dry depending on what my skin needs. I'm not sure how the Vit C in it can stay stable and effective given how the product is exposed to air when opened, but I've had this for several months now (the jar is huge) and have not noticed a diminished effect in its quality.

I wanted to like this, but my skin did not like it at all :( It broke me out and my usually "stable" skin, even if not perfect, got totally out of hand. I think that the quality of the product is good though. I liked the texture and the smell, it's just not for me.