Origins Modern Friction

3.8

Aqueous infusion; rosa damascena (rose) flower; oryza sativa (rice) starch; sodium laureth sulfate; glycerin; cocamide mea; flycol disterate; acylates copolymer; pentylene flycol; polysorbate 20; essential oils (olea); citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot); citrus limon (lemon); cucumis sativus (cucumber); cinnamomum camphora (shiu); litsea cubeba; citrus aurantium (petitgrain); ocimum basilicum (basil); citral; linalool; benzyl salicylate; limonene and mentha piperita (peppermint), aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice; scutellaria baicalensis; pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract; cucumis sativa (cucumber) fruit extract; textrahexyldecyl (vitamin C) ascorbate; butylene glycol; hexylene glycol; sodium cocate; caprylyl glycol; sodium sulfate; hydroxypropyl methylcellulose; sodium chloride; laureth-2; tetradibutyl pentaerithityl hydroxyhydrocinnamate; edta; disodium edta; trisodium hedta; methylchlorosothiazolinone; methylisothiazolinone; sodium benzoate; penoxyethanaol; titanium dioxide (ci 7789).

on 3/3/2005 9:05:00 PM

I really wanted to like this. I got a sample of it at a free-standing store. I have sensitive skin, and this really irritated my skin. I followed the SA's instructions on how to use it (cleanse skin; use it on dry skin, gently wet the skin, slough off). It _did_ exfoliate my skin, yes, but my skin was red and hurting after. It's probably be better for people with oily, non-sensitive skin.

on 3/2/2005 7:45:00 PM

This product was just disappointing. My skin felt smoother, but no more than with a normal scrub. My face was blotchy and red afterwards until the next morning, and fairly irritated. I would not say this is even close to the results of microdermabrasion. It was $35 for the jar, which would last long if you like the product. I've already returned mine after using it twice and seeing nothing that makes it worth keeping.

on 2/28/2005 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really LOVE this product. Have already used one jar and repurchased another. Hubby likes using it too and it's made a big improvement in his blackhead/nose situation. Have raved like a loon about this to all of my friends. I use all of the Boscia line and never thought I'd like any other scrub as much, but Im truly elated with the quality of my skin with this and I feel like I dont impress easily. Im oily with occasional breakouts. Oh, and Im also 37 and I swear my skin looks 'fresher' than it has in 10 years. Clean and smooth and pink and less oily and not irritated. I cant ask for anything more than that!

on 2/19/2005 12:08:00 AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE MODERN FRICTION! This is an amazing product that delivers phenomenal results...I've been using this for a month now (2-3x a week) and I've gotten comments from friends (including my husband!) that my skin is glowing! AMAZING! Thank you ORIGINS! I wanted to say one thing however to Cheryl49 who has the problem with blackheads... Modern Friction contains rice starch, which will draw out dirt and debris from your pores. I know you said it made your blackheads seem more noticeable, however, I think that If you were to use MFriction more than just two times, you will see that your blackheads will "clear up" as it did with mine. TRUST me, not only will you see results immediately, but even BETTER results over time. OH! And did I mention it that it also helped to diminish the appearance of my blemishes? I cannot say enough about MF! GO GET IT :)

on 2/14/2005 4:28:00 PM

I'm not sure if this product comes close to microdermabrasion, but as face scrubs go it is my favorite because I see instant results that last. My skin is brighter and smoother than with regular face scrubs, and I like that I can tweak the level of abrasiveness by using the product wet or dry depending on what my skin needs. I'm not sure how the Vit C in it can stay stable and effective given how the product is exposed to air when opened, but I've had this for several months now (the jar is huge) and have not noticed a diminished effect in its quality.

on 2/5/2005 11:26:00 PM

I wanted to like this, but my skin did not like it at all :( It broke me out and my usually "stable" skin, even if not perfect, got totally out of hand. I think that the quality of the product is good though. I liked the texture and the smell, it's just not for me.

on 2/1/2005 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a superb product. I have VERY combination skin - spotty chin, nose and forehead and dry cheeks. This makes the whole thing feel silky soft. I bought Philosophy's 'home peel' cream and it took the top of my skin off... but not in a nice way. Supposedly for sensitive skin but it really irritated me. But Modern Friction doesn't irritate my skin at all, whilst still being incredibly effective.

on 1/22/2005 2:26:00 PM

I got a sample of this and have used it twice. Modern Friction claims to be nature's gentle dermabrasion and I do find it to be a gentle scrub. You first apply it to dry skin. It is VERY thick with tiny scrub particles in it. After rubbing all over your face the directions say to apply water and work it into a nice lather, then rinse. I must say my skin felt smoother (much smoother than my regular St. Ives scrub), with no irritation and the smooth feeling lasted almost three days. However, I have blackheads on my nose (normal skin w/ oily t-zone) and this product did nothing for those - in fact they looked more pronounced after I was done. So, I won't be repurchasing. I think this product would work for all skin types, provided you aren't trying to scrub away blackheads. Smells nice, too.

on 1/17/2005 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It feels weird applying while your skin is dry, but after I use it my skin is very smooth and soft and glows for a day or two after. Not thrilled that I have to stick my fingers in to use it (contamination seems imminent) but other than that, it's a pretty good alternative to an expensive chemical dermabrasion.

on 1/12/2005 2:53:00 PM

I've been using this for a month and I love it. My skin which had a bad case of the winter blahs is glowing. The best part is that I seem to get all the exfoliation benefits without my skin getting red, irritated or stripped dry. Pleasant scent and easy to use. Will buy again

Popular Scrubs