October 20, 2014 | 923 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2005 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Carabella

I'm not sure if this product comes close to microdermabrasion, but as face scrubs go it is my favorite because I see instant results that last. My skin is brighter and smoother than with regular face scrubs, and I like that I can tweak the level of abrasiveness by using the product wet or dry depending on what my skin needs. I'm not sure how the Vit C in it can stay stable and effective given how the product is exposed to air when opened, but I've had this for several months now (the jar is huge) and have not noticed a diminished effect in its quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2005 11:26:00 PM More reviews by dodecaphonie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this, but my skin did not like it at all :( It broke me out and my usually "stable" skin, even if not perfect, got totally out of hand. I think that the quality of the product is good though. I liked the texture and the smell, it's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2005 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Liberella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a superb product. I have VERY combination skin - spotty chin, nose and forehead and dry cheeks. This makes the whole thing feel silky soft. I bought Philosophy's 'home peel' cream and it took the top of my skin off... but not in a nice way. Supposedly for sensitive skin but it really irritated me. But Modern Friction doesn't irritate my skin at all, whilst still being incredibly effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2005 2:26:00 PM More reviews by cheryl49

I got a sample of this and have used it twice. Modern Friction claims to be nature's gentle dermabrasion and I do find it to be a gentle scrub. You first apply it to dry skin. It is VERY thick with tiny scrub particles in it. After rubbing all over your face the directions say to apply water and work it into a nice lather, then rinse. I must say my skin felt smoother (much smoother than my regular St. Ives scrub), with no irritation and the smooth feeling lasted almost three days. However, I have blackheads on my nose (normal skin w/ oily t-zone) and this product did nothing for those - in fact they looked more pronounced after I was done. So, I won't be repurchasing. I think this product would work for all skin types, provided you aren't trying to scrub away blackheads. Smells nice, too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2005 3:24:00 PM More reviews by anisaaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It feels weird applying while your skin is dry, but after I use it my skin is very smooth and soft and glows for a day or two after. Not thrilled that I have to stick my fingers in to use it (contamination seems imminent) but other than that, it's a pretty good alternative to an expensive chemical dermabrasion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2005 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Lollie8

I've been using this for a month and I love it. My skin which had a bad case of the winter blahs is glowing. The best part is that I seem to get all the exfoliation benefits without my skin getting red, irritated or stripped dry. Pleasant scent and easy to use. Will buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2005 10:36:00 PM More reviews by glossgal1980

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! I've tried other brands' dermapolish systems... such as Prescriptives(cost $125!) and this beats them all. Your skin is so smooth and soft after using this. I have combo skin with frequest break outs, and this has helped a lot with my pores and break outs. I'm starting to use the whole Origins line, because I liked this product so much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2005 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Lizawithaz

This is origins answer to the at home dermabrasion craze. Instead of using the alumina crystals everyone else is using this scrub uses rice starch in a thick cream base. It contains the usual host of plant extracts and essential oils used by origins. You apply it dry to a clean face, scrub and then add water which makes the cream turn into a creamy foam, rinse and you are done. This scrub isn't as abrasive as other products like Estee Lauder's Micro-D or Neutrogena's Advanced Peel (which I like but can't stand the smell). It rinsed very easily and clean without leaving behind any residue or scrub particles and it left my face smooth and a little brighter. All in all it's a nice scrub that falls somewhere in the middle between a medium to heavy exfoliator. You get a decent size 4oz tub for $35 which is an OK price compared to similar products by other lines. It smells clean, and very slightly minty (almost can't tell) but I like that it's not fragrant which makes it nicer to use.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No