Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 7/5/2008 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Got a little bottle of this as a GWP. Its similar to Bifacil, in that its an oil/water mix that you have to shake before using. It appears to be unscented. I find this a slightly better cleanser than the Bifacil, it seems to remove my eyeliner & current Clinique mascara more quickly & it rinses cleaner with less oil residue. However it is (oddly since it contains oil) slightly drying if I don't promptly apply eye cream after using this at night - I found this out on a couple of occasions when I wasn't paying attention & forgot eye cream. This is a minor point & despite this I'll definitely use up my bottle.

I've marked this as a No for repurchase & 1 for price, simply because I didn't buy this to start with (& I haven't actually paid for eye makeup remover in years). My mother prefers this to Bifacil; I prefer the Lancome since I find it less drying, but if you're looking for a good quality cleanser this is a nice choice that gets the job done effectively.

on 7/3/2008 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have been buying Take the Day Off Eye Makeup Remover for 8 years (?). The price and quality makes it a better bargain than anything else out there.
I never have to tug at my eyelids with my eye makeup remover-soaked cotton ball to remove all the eyeshadow, liner and liquid liner I have on. If it's alot (beyond my everyday makeup routine), I let it sit for a few seconds before I swipe it off.
I like that it's child-proof b/c I don't have to worry about it spilling or leaking when I travel with it.
I would give this product 5 lippies if it weren't for the greasy film it leaves behind. To solve that, I just gently wipe it off before I apply my moisturizer. (UPDATE: the greasiness really bothers me in this summertime humidity so I tried the other Clinique makeup remover, the one in the blue bottle, which was non-greasy. I will be going back to Take the Day Off b/c the other one does not remove eye makeup as well, even if I let the cotton ball sit for 5 seconds, and my eye lids are red and stinging from the rubbing).

on 6/28/2008 3:35:00 PM

This does a nice job at removing eye shadow and liner but does not remove all of my mascara. Leaves an oily film on the skin. Does not irritate my eye area. For eye makeup removal, I prefer Clinique's Rinse off solvent. Take the day off makeup remover is excellent for removing lipstick and gloss though.

on 6/26/2008 6:06:00 PM

HG eye makeup remover. This will remove everything, at least it does on me, and I find that if it does leave a film, it's not unpleasant, it gives a rather moisturized feel. Gentle on my eyes and the price isn't all bad, but it doesn't last very long. The bottle is both pretty and easy to use, although I'll admit I had some difficulties opening it for the first time. I will repurchase!

on 6/20/2008 3:03:00 PM

I tried this because it was cheaper than Lancome Bi-facial, and it works okay, but it is a bit filmier and I just don't like it as much.

on 6/19/2008 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I didnt like this at all! It's greasy, leaves a horrible residue, and i dont know if it's to do with the cotton wool pads im using (although i dont see why that should mater) because its so greasy, on me, it just seems to push the make up around my face instead of taking it off. so, when i try to remove my eye make up aswell, i ge a horrible black cloudy cheek effect.. and i end up just having to wash everything off, which isnt the desired effect. also.. i have very sensitive eyes, so when this went into my eyes it hurt a lot, and my eyes went very cloudy, i think that was due to the greasyness of the product. i really disliked this product and will be shopping around for a more gentle, less greasy one.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Removes eye makeup easily. Even waterproof and gel liners. However, it leaves a pretty bad film. Also, theres alot of compareable products for way cheaper.

on 6/14/2008 10:13:00 PM

How have I not reviewed this already? I've been using this for a few years, and I've been through at least 20 bottles. This is the only eye makeup remover I will use, I always have a few bottles handy and stock up when I can (during GWPs and sales). It takes off absolutely everything (and I wear a lot of eyeliner and mascara, I tightline and line my waterline every day). This is my HG of HGs. I've tried other brands but always always come back to this. Kind of pricey at $16.50 a bottle but definitely worth it!

on 6/12/2008 11:37:00 AM

It leaves an oily film after you've used it and it does take a lot of the product for it to get rid of all the makeup. My face is oily enough as is, so I really don't need the extra oil. I'll probably stick to Avon or use Clinique's other one which doesn't leave an oily film behind.

on 6/8/2008 2:50:00 PM

I think this is pretty awful - won't remove mascara or gel eye liner - takes a LOT of this product to even be able to remove basic powder eye shadow. Really drys my skin, and doesn't work at all. DS remover is much better.