Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 3/21/2008 1:36:00 PM

This is a fairly mediocre foundation. It did help my skin a bit, blended moderately well, but even with ivory--the lightest shade (I am very fair) it still didn't match my skin tone. It was too orange-y for my skin and you could tell the difference in skin tone between my face and the rest of me. Had it matched my skin tone I would recommend it, but it's kind of a deal breaker for me. It contains some nice botanical extracts--if you read the label, and is free from any mineral oil, propylene glycol which is petroleum derivative.
I am a little disappointed that it is all orange-y, otherwise it would be perfect.
FYI:
Propylene glycol is much cheaper than glycerin, and penetrates the skin more quickly--but ultimately is drying and are just a cheap inferior substitute. So when shopping for products I try to avoid it or at very least make sure it is near the bottom of the list of ingredients, which means there is a minimal amount. Some people refer to it as "anti-freeze" (because it is used in it) but that is going a little far, I would just recommend other read labels and be conscious that there are better ingredients out there.

on 3/16/2008 12:36:00 PM

This foundation looks pretty natural on my skin, and didn't cause any problems in terms of breakouts. However, I would not re-purchase since it doesn't provide great coverage.

on 3/15/2008 12:20:00 AM

I love this foundation. The first day I had it on a co-worker asked me what I was wearing because my skin looked so nice--flawless. It goes on quite nicely and blended in well. Leaves a matte finish which I like. I only wish it had an SPF in it.

on 3/13/2008 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Smooth, light, matte finish that lasted quite a while. I think I really would have liked this alot, but it's too sheer for my skin.

on 3/13/2008 1:11:00 AM

I went on a cruise and ended up a shade darker, so I went to the drugstore to get my temporarily darker skin a better match for foundation. I had been having a breakout here and there, so I decided to give this Almay foundation a try.

Amazingly, I managed to get the right shade! Woo hoo! I am pleased with the finish and look of the foundation. It goes on smooth and matte, and while I was worried it would be too drying, I haven't had any problems with that. I have been using it for a week, and I haven't had any major breakouts, despite being "hormonal" (yeah, that's a euphemism). Overall, I am quite pleased with this foundation as an everyday foundation. The coverage is medium, the finish is matte, and it wears quite well for me through the day. I plan to at least finish this up, and I may even rebuy!

on 3/2/2008 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i kinda love this foundation... it was really easy to find my right shade. I have tan skin with yellow undertone and it has been sooooo hard looking for my right shade, especially from a drugstore. For the first time, ever, i have found my right shade with this foundation. I have been using this for say about.... 6 months now and i really like it... the foundation though doesnt work at all for my blemishes but what it does is keep is somewhat prevent the acne. I still get acne here and there though but not that bad. This foundation has some pinkish undertone to it and you do have to let it sit for about 15 mins or so to really see the color blend in with your natural skintone. I dont like that cuz i dont have time to let it "sit". Overall, i like this makeup, and is unbeatable for the price. Right now, I am eyeing on Sally hansen by Carmindy foundation but I'm not sure yet if its good. I'm pretty content with this foundation. =)

on 2/25/2008 12:23:00 AM

My HG thus far! This is a great foundation and it completely matches my skin color. I have a yellow undertone and fair complexion and I have this foundation in "Sand." It blends in with my skin naturally, not leaving me looking like I have any makeup on. I also use the Neutrogena foundation and they're both great!! It's also very light so it will definitely prevent breakouts (and also considering it has salicylic acid formula).

on 2/23/2008 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

doesnt break me out, blends good(not on my flakey cheeks though),medium coverage.
edit: made me breakout ...im alergic to salicylic acid (n)
and makes my skin look leathery and rough

on 2/20/2008 11:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

This is a nice foundation, actually clears your skin. It has light coverage, so it might not be good for people with a lot of acne. For me its perfect, the most I get is a few blemishes. For staying power it is so-so, but is good enough for me. Also the packaging SUCKS - a lot of wastage. I find it is good to pour out bit by bit on a sponge as you don't need a lot. Overall good buy.

on 2/14/2008 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

EDIT: Too beigey pale for me.

I have hard to match skin tone - light-medium with yellow-green undertones that make it appear kind of golden but its really not - so golden foundations are too dark on me. Paler ones lack the yellow undertones required. But really yellow doesnt work either. Sand works for untanned skin. Does not seem to turn orange or peachy. Prior foundation was shiseido 040 which kind of looked orange on me and was a tad too dark. Before I used Mac NC25 but was more beigy/peachy than yellow on me. I have oily skin - this is definitely drying but wearing moisturizer underneath will fix that. Coverage is sheer to medium. Texture and finished look are average, matte - which i dont like - I prefer a more luminous finish - im more amazed by the fact i found a near perfect color match for the first time ever. I would repurchase. Price is better than what I normally pay but I will still likely experiment with mixing shiseido dual balancing foundation in 040 with estee lauder lucidity in neutral ivory because that gave an amazing overall long lasting luminous natural finish even if the color was not quite as exact as Almay sand. But almay will definitely be repurchased since its significantly cheaper than paying for two bottles of different product and mixing.