Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

This is my second-favorite drugstore foundation. It doesn't make my skin break out, and I can be lazy and go to bed wearing it without worrying about waking up to blemishes- I know that isn't the ideal thing to do, but oh well! It happens, and it is nice to have one less thing to worry about.

This goes on nice and smooth, and while it IS a lighter foundation, it ISN'T really sheer. I still use it when I want heavier coverage than I get using my regular daily foundation (Neutrogena - Skin CLearing Liquid Foundation).

Overall, it has a nice, light feel, and it makes my skin look very fresh and healthy.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation actually do anything for me. It didn't enough coverage for me and it didn't do anything to help me with my blemished even though it contains sylic acid. I like the colour but really nothing else. I thought it was helping me out with my skin problems but it didn't nothing. I guess I would use again if I had to but not really.

This product is easy to blend in, and it doesn't irritate my skin...I also managed to find the PERFECT shade, I wear neutral for my latino/caucasian skin. It looks great !!

I do have a really oily t-zone though, sooooooo I have to touch up a lot, because it seems to not last very long at all.. :( and it makes my pores quite noticeable within a couple of hours.

pretty good foundation. Color selection kinda sucks and is limited so i ended up with buff. This provides medium coverage which is good for me because my skin isnt bad and i hardly have any blemishes or redness, but this foundation still evens out my skin tone. The formula is thicker than a previous almay foundation i tried, and sets kinda fast so hurry and blend! I apply this with my MAC 187 and it looks great, and natural. Not sure if i would buy it again as i think there is something better out there.oh yea the packaging sucks too. No breakouts from this either.

on 3/21/2008 1:36:00 PM

This is a fairly mediocre foundation. It did help my skin a bit, blended moderately well, but even with ivory--the lightest shade (I am very fair) it still didn't match my skin tone. It was too orange-y for my skin and you could tell the difference in skin tone between my face and the rest of me. Had it matched my skin tone I would recommend it, but it's kind of a deal breaker for me. It contains some nice botanical extracts--if you read the label, and is free from any mineral oil, propylene glycol which is petroleum derivative.
I am a little disappointed that it is all orange-y, otherwise it would be perfect.
FYI:
Propylene glycol is much cheaper than glycerin, and penetrates the skin more quickly--but ultimately is drying and are just a cheap inferior substitute. So when shopping for products I try to avoid it or at very least make sure it is near the bottom of the list of ingredients, which means there is a minimal amount. Some people refer to it as "anti-freeze" (because it is used in it) but that is going a little far, I would just recommend other read labels and be conscious that there are better ingredients out there.

on 3/16/2008 12:36:00 PM

This foundation looks pretty natural on my skin, and didn't cause any problems in terms of breakouts. However, I would not re-purchase since it doesn't provide great coverage.

on 3/15/2008 12:20:00 AM

I love this foundation. The first day I had it on a co-worker asked me what I was wearing because my skin looked so nice--flawless. It goes on quite nicely and blended in well. Leaves a matte finish which I like. I only wish it had an SPF in it.

on 3/13/2008 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Smooth, light, matte finish that lasted quite a while. I think I really would have liked this alot, but it's too sheer for my skin.

on 3/13/2008 1:11:00 AM

I went on a cruise and ended up a shade darker, so I went to the drugstore to get my temporarily darker skin a better match for foundation. I had been having a breakout here and there, so I decided to give this Almay foundation a try.

Amazingly, I managed to get the right shade! Woo hoo! I am pleased with the finish and look of the foundation. It goes on smooth and matte, and while I was worried it would be too drying, I haven't had any problems with that. I have been using it for a week, and I haven't had any major breakouts, despite being "hormonal" (yeah, that's a euphemism). Overall, I am quite pleased with this foundation as an everyday foundation. The coverage is medium, the finish is matte, and it wears quite well for me through the day. I plan to at least finish this up, and I may even rebuy!

on 3/2/2008 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i kinda love this foundation... it was really easy to find my right shade. I have tan skin with yellow undertone and it has been sooooo hard looking for my right shade, especially from a drugstore. For the first time, ever, i have found my right shade with this foundation. I have been using this for say about.... 6 months now and i really like it... the foundation though doesnt work at all for my blemishes but what it does is keep is somewhat prevent the acne. I still get acne here and there though but not that bad. This foundation has some pinkish undertone to it and you do have to let it sit for about 15 mins or so to really see the color blend in with your natural skintone. I dont like that cuz i dont have time to let it "sit". Overall, i like this makeup, and is unbeatable for the price. Right now, I am eyeing on Sally hansen by Carmindy foundation but I'm not sure yet if its good. I'm pretty content with this foundation. =)