Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

water, bifida ferment lysate, methylgluceth-20, PEG-75, butylene glycol, bis-PEG-18 methyl ether dimethyl silane, arabidopsis thaliana extract, tripeptide-32, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, lactobacillus ferment, cola acuminata extract, retinyl palmitate, pantethine, caffeine, glycereth-26, sodium RNA, squalane, oleth-3 phosphate, oleth-3, oleth-5, bisabolol, choleth-24, ceteth-24, hydrogenated lecithin, anthemis nobilis, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, xanthan gum, tea-carbomer, trisodium EDTA, BHT, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, benzyl alcohol, green 5, yellow 5, and red.
This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

This 'feeds' my skin. Could not live without it!

on 3/30/2011 10:45:00 PM

Sorry, I really wanted this to be the HG of treatments, but it does absolutely nothing for me! I've been using it for over 6 months and see no difference in skintone, evenness, etc. I don't mind the scent but don't like it either. I find the gel-like consistency very sticky (but that may have to do with humidity) and not moisturizing at all. And, worst of all, it breaks me out! Considering the pricetag and also the glowing reviews I was expecting more from this product. Not wasting more money on this, there are $10 products more effective than this one (case in point: Lacura multi intensive serum)

on 3/28/2011 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This didn't break me out and makes everything a little bit tighter, brighter, and glowy. It's not super moisturizing (I guess it's not supposed to be, anyway,) and I use this under Weleda's Skin Food at night. During the day it keeps me less oily. My husband uses this with Neutrogena Stress Control lotion at night and it has worked for him equally well. Since we're both in our mid-twenties I can't really speak to it's anti aging properties (yet) but I'd like to keep using this as a preventative measure.
On the other hand, wow, it's kind of pricey. Not so much as La Mer, I get it, but it's still what I would consider a luxury.

on 3/25/2011 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is seriously an amazing product and worth the price in my opinion. I use this every night after washing with Cetaphil and before my moisturizer. I would never have tried this if my friend didn't work for Estee Lauder and urged me to try this, but I am so glad I did. I didn't notice anything until I seen a picture of me 6 months ago. My skin has definitely changed for the better and I am positive it is because of this. I have very uneven, acne-prone skin that is only hidden by a good foundation application. However, up until recently I have gotten compliments about how much my skin has improved. My acne scars, uneven skin tone. . almost gone. The bottle is very hygienic and there is no fragrance which I love. This isn't a product you see results immediately with, but after awhile you will definitely see an improvement! I put it on a burn scar I have on my arm and sun damage on my chest and it makes everything heal so much faster. I love it. . and the fact that it's an anti-aging product.

I got this in a tiny bottle as a free sample. I have put this,and only this on my face before going to bed. The fact that I haven't seen anything negative appear is a good sign because my skin is so sensitive. I'm believing my complexion looks better, but it may also be caused by more sleep and less spicy food. I will update when I finish the entire bottle.

on 3/20/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this serum. I just turned 40, but no one can tell. I use this at night and sometimes in the morning under my sunscreen. I just went to get a micro-peel at my favorite medi-spa and the esthetician said my skin looked fab. I will always use this if I have the money for it. It gives me better results than my Miracle Worker concentrate (Although I love the overall line). I have started using this on my decollete area as well. It tightens my skins somewhat and gives me a brighter complexion....good results for the money.

on 3/20/2011 11:42:00 AM

After using up the whole bottle, I still cannot tell if it did something for my face. I might as well been splashing water every time I used it, for all the results I had. Granted, it did not break me up or had any negative reactions, but it did absolutely nothing on my skin, either.
Honestly, the only good thing is the sturdy glass bottle that I use now for my healing oils... Would I repurchase? Of course not. I can find cheaper containers if I need to.

on 3/19/2011 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is an amazing product! I use it sparingly because the price is outrageous. I have really good skin...but this product makes it perfect plump and moist especially in the winter months. It is a serum and sinks into the skin effortlessly. I use the back of my hand so I can feel if my skin is dry underneath. I use the whole skin care line, but I do mix a few other drugstore brands so I can save money. I will definitely repurchase.

on 3/16/2011 8:02:00 PM

Okay, so after a year with the No7 Protect and Perfect, I felt like I wanted to try something new. I sprung for the $63 bottle of ANR -- my first EL product (and it came with a great GWP -- yay!). Have been using for about two weeks. I like it. Reading some reviews here, I almost expected coworkers and friends to come up to me and ask what my secret was, but unfortunately, that hasn't happened :)
Anyway, it's good, you only need a bit. The hard part for me is getting used to the nighttime routine, as I am more of a morning person. But, yes, my skin is looking quite supple and if things carry on like this, I will probably repurchase.
Many reviewers have commented on the smell. Unusual for a beauty product, yes, but it doesn't really bother me. Certainly not a reason to not use it.
Price-wise, it is worth it.

EDIT: A few months later, I upped my rating to five stars. I used to have occasional adult acne, with stubborn pimples that took forever to get rid of. Ever since I started using this, I haven't had a single breakout! When I bought it they told me my skin would improve, and I thought it was just a sales line, but this really has made all the difference. Try it!!!

on 3/16/2011 9:03:00 AM

I purchased this serum several months ago. Initially i was using this every other night, alternating with retin a. However I believe using this too often will lose it's effectiveness so I use it once a week following my deep cleansing and mask routine. At first this serum was like a miracle in a jar. my skin looked and felt better than it had in a very long time. After about 3 months my sking didnt react as well to the product so thats when I started using it after my weekly scrub. Followed by a heavy moisturizer. Alot of the negative reviews for this product are because people are using this product without following with a good moisturizer, thats why they wake up to dry and flaky skin. Overall I think its a great serum and may one day repurchase but there are so many products to try I never just stick to one.

Popular Treatments (Face)