November 28, 2014 | 925 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by KRaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this serum. I just turned 40, but no one can tell. I use this at night and sometimes in the morning under my sunscreen. I just went to get a micro-peel at my favorite medi-spa and the esthetician said my skin looked fab. I will always use this if I have the money for it. It gives me better results than my Miracle Worker concentrate (Although I love the overall line). I have started using this on my decollete area as well. It tightens my skins somewhat and gives me a brighter complexion....good results for the money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After using up the whole bottle, I still cannot tell if it did something for my face. I might as well been splashing water every time I used it, for all the results I had. Granted, it did not break me up or had any negative reactions, but it did absolutely nothing on my skin, either.
Honestly, the only good thing is the sturdy glass bottle that I use now for my healing oils... Would I repurchase? Of course not. I can find cheaper containers if I need to.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by lepeakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product! I use it sparingly because the price is outrageous. I have really good skin...but this product makes it perfect plump and moist especially in the winter months. It is a serum and sinks into the skin effortlessly. I use the back of my hand so I can feel if my skin is dry underneath. I use the whole skin care line, but I do mix a few other drugstore brands so I can save money. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 8:02:00 PM More reviews by madaba

Okay, so after a year with the No7 Protect and Perfect, I felt like I wanted to try something new. I sprung for the $63 bottle of ANR -- my first EL product (and it came with a great GWP -- yay!). Have been using for about two weeks. I like it. Reading some reviews here, I almost expected coworkers and friends to come up to me and ask what my secret was, but unfortunately, that hasn't happened :)
Anyway, it's good, you only need a bit. The hard part for me is getting used to the nighttime routine, as I am more of a morning person. But, yes, my skin is looking quite supple and if things carry on like this, I will probably repurchase.
Many reviewers have commented on the smell. Unusual for a beauty product, yes, but it doesn't really bother me. Certainly not a reason to not use it.
Price-wise, it is worth it.

EDIT: A few months later, I upped my rating to five stars. I used to have occasional adult acne, with stubborn pimples that took forever to get rid of. Ever since I started using this, I haven't had a single breakout! When I bought it they told me my skin would improve, and I thought it was just a sales line, but this really has made all the difference. Try it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 9:03:00 AM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this serum several months ago. Initially i was using this every other night, alternating with retin a. However I believe using this too often will lose it's effectiveness so I use it once a week following my deep cleansing and mask routine. At first this serum was like a miracle in a jar. my skin looked and felt better than it had in a very long time. After about 3 months my sking didnt react as well to the product so thats when I started using it after my weekly scrub. Followed by a heavy moisturizer. Alot of the negative reviews for this product are because people are using this product without following with a good moisturizer, thats why they wake up to dry and flaky skin. Overall I think its a great serum and may one day repurchase but there are so many products to try I never just stick to one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This serum was the best, in the beginning. Estee Lauder often gives generous samples of their products, and thats how I started using this. My skin drank it up, and gave a nice smooth complexion. I was so greedy I used it twice a day, before going to bed and in the morning under the makeup. I was having problem with my skin when I first started using it. I had (and still have) eczema and my skin started to become super dry, flakey and peeled horrendously around the mouth area. Nothing could save it, and this serum did an excellent job. I thought I have found my life saver. But I was so wrong!!!! The serum stopped its amazing effect after about 6 months of daily use. It just went flat on me. My skin continue to drink the moisture but it didn't solve the dry flakey problem anymore like it once did. It lost its effect as a nourishing serum and became just like any other useless serums I have used before. I stopped using it for a while, around 8 months, and tried to go back to it again since I was so in love with this serum. But still its not working, and I started to have tiny bumps all over my face. I switched to pure natural emu oil, and I started to see improvement again. A good friend of mine, a doctor, told me that we need to be really careful with many of these chemical-based skin products. These products often work to deliver moisture to your skin by pushing your natural oils to the surface and also coating it with silicones and artificial ingredients. You will look great for a while and think this product is really working. But after sometime, the chemicals will cause your skin to lose its memory to produce natural oils on its own, and all the natural oils will be depleted or sucked out to the maximum by the chemicals, especially in its earlier over-zealous effort to push these oils out earlier. You will eventually end up with more problem than before you started using the product. I seriously think this Estee Lauder serum is an example of such a product, and thats why it stops working after sometime and worsens the skin problem.

On a side note, I don't know why the Estee sales ladies at the counter near my place are always so bitchy and rude. On 3 separate occasions when I went there to buy cosmetics, their attitude was appalling but I still kept going to buy a little lipstick or something. My friend complained the same thing about the Estee ladies near her place. She was given free samples when she purchased some products, and when she wanted to know more information about these product samples, she was told to just take them and don't ask too many questions! Together we have sworn we are never going to buy Estee again.

27 out of 46 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by zelzeleh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A must-have!
I have become addicted to this fabulous serum. It feels so light and my skin gets perfectly hydrated. (I use MD formulation peel pads before the serum at night).
-It even helps for my husband's seborrheic eczema...!
Highly recommdended!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by busybeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin was in horrible shape when I bought this (horrible for me, anyway). I was noticing numerous age spots and lines starting to form. After wearing this for the first night, I was elated. I woke up with plump skin. This serum made a noticeable difference in my age spots in a short amount of time. However, that effect has faded and I think that is all down to the packaging, which I rated as the worst. EL packages all of their other serums with a pump, so I don't know what they were thinking with this one! Also, I found that this really helped with my "monthly" breakout. Since using this, I didn't get one anymore. I gave it a 5 because I love it, but -1 for the packaging and -1 for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by loobyl

This light non-greasy serum leaves my skin silky smooth and spot free. The 75ml bottle lasted me about 5 months with nightly use,one of the best serums Ive ever used,pricey but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2011 12:52:00 AM More reviews by beisquared

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this serum and just purchased the 1.7oz bottle after finishing the 1oz bottle. It took me awhile to start using it when I first bought it, but once I started, I couldn't stop using it. I was at first surprised by the medicinal smell as I was expecting some light floral fragrance that usually comes with Estee Lauder skincare, but I quickly got used to it. This serum sinks into my skin and I notice that whenever I use it while I have a breakout or when my breakout is healing, it heals much faster (unfortunately I'm a picker and it usually takes 2 weeks for my breakouts to heal, but when I use the serum, it's about a week or less) and leaves no scar whatsoever. Before I tried this serum, I tried the Lancome Genefique serum and I prefer this one so much more. The Genefique didn't do my skin harm, but it didn't do it any good either. Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair is about $20 cheaper and it gave me results. I think I'll be buying and using this until there's hearsay of a better one.