October 1, 2014 | 1744 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2004 9:54:00 PM More reviews by martensgirl

I quite like this product. It lasts ages and lathers up beautifully. My only complaint is that the smell is a bit strong- if your skin is sensitive it is not for you. It leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight- great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2004 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely, creamy texture that lightly foams. It removes all dirt and makeup without leaving a residue on the skin or drying it out or feeling too hydrated (read: oily). This is important for my oily but sensitive and finicky skin. A small amount is all you need so it's good value for money. I've had mine for a few months and still have half a tube left.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2004 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Cheapchic

I received this in my Spring 2004 Holt Renfrew GWP. Normally I walk by the Clinique counter with nary a glance but a pretty GWP bag caught my eye and I was smitten.

To be honest, I am not sure of the target market or the reason for this product because it meets no objective. As I lathered up the product in my hand, I was enthused about the amount of quality lather it generated. I expect that it would give me squeaky clean face. I applied and rinsed. I could FEEL the squeaky cleaness through my closed eyes. After towel drying, I looked up in horror to find that my face was oily looking and that my makeup was still on. I don't understand how I get the squeaky clean feeling with a dirty face, but Clinique has somehow managed it.

I did look on the instructions which read that the three step program should follow AFTER the use of the Rinse off Cleanser. If this is the case, they should advertise it as the 12 Step Program. We are all getting busier and time is a scarce commodity. While other companies are working towards multitasking skincare, Clinique is working away from this goal.

I will not be repurchasing this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2004 9:55:00 AM More reviews by 3blindmice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received a trial size of this once and I now know why Clinique feels the need to give it away. Horrible!!! Just horrible. I knew it was a bad sign when my eyes were watering just from having this cleanser near them. I tried it out and it stung like nothing else has since then. And it left my skin dry and tight. Pure detergent, this is, I bet I could wash my dishes with it. I'm sure they're still giving away free samples of this crap, so at least all of you can try it out before actually paying for it. Stay away!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2004 3:46:00 AM More reviews by yuluc

I will never buy this product.

I took it for my trip and came back with pimples all around.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2004 9:29:00 AM More reviews by yahyah

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This would be a fabulous cleanser if it wasn't for the bizarre scent. It smells like a musty old ladies' house or something. And I thought Clinique was meant to be fragrance free? Anyway, it's a nice, squeaky-clean cleanser, doesn't make the face feel tight or oily, just clean and fresh. Try it, but beware the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2004 1:51:00 AM More reviews by rylla

This is my favourite cleanser, and i have been using it for abt 5 yrs! Have tried using other cleansers, but always deicded to switch back to this. A great cleanser that works well for my combination skin, thoroughly cleanses without drying. Last long as only a small amount is required each time. I simply love this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2004 12:06:00 PM More reviews by noranc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love love this cleanser! It removes all my makeup and leaves my skin soft and smooth. It foams nicely and smells great, like rosemary. $16.50 may seem pricey but one tube lasts me about 6 months. I have oily skin but I think this would be gentle enough for all but the most sensitive skin. My holy grail!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2004 1:25:00 PM More reviews by shido

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A nice cleanser! A little bit will give you generous foam. Squeaky clean after-feel without drying my skin. What else can I ask?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2004 8:24:00 AM More reviews by monicako

I got this as a GWP. It's the only skin care product i dared to use since my skin flares up from most creams and face products. But this is really nice. It's nothing special but it leaves you with smooth skin and it feels like there is a protective moisture barrier over your skin.. but not greasy. Doesn't irritate me at all. Not sure how well it cleans your pores but i use this once a day.. mornings are good. At night i use garnier for a deeper clean and maybe finish with this.
Overall it's good.. i'll have to see the price before i purchase the full size.
Also good as a shaving cream for men and women i think.