Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 7/21/2004 1:36:00 AM

Oh yeah, this took off all my makeup off alright and more! This cleanser sucked all the moisture out of my face! I thought this was for normal/combo skin!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Clinique and I have this terribly co-dependent relationship... I come into some extra money, or just bite the bullet, and buy a jar of Total Turnaround, some daywear moisturizer, and this cleanser and I'm so happy. Then, everything runs out and I think, "I don't need to spend this kind of money on skin care. Surely there is a drug store version that works just as well."

And so I spend the next six months bouncing from drug store product to drug store product, trying to figure out why my skin looks so dull and blemishy and horrible until I come into some money or just pony up and the cycle repeats again.

I'm writing this review so that I never forget how much I love this cleanser. It's a worthwhile investment and leaves my skin soft, clean, and actually seems to improve the texture.

Like a review below said, Clinique is not for everyone, but if you find it works for you, stick with it and try this cleanser. Welcome to my nightmare.

on 6/30/2004 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A tiny bit goes a long way! The foaming action is great and I love the texture of it. I have dry skin with an oily forehead. It tackled the oil nicely but left the rest of my face smooth, but thirsty! I think it would be a good product for oily skin types. I wouldn't ever buy it though because it just doesn't seem worth it when there are many products of similar quality for less. Try Noxzema Triple Clean instead, it moisturizes much better also.

on 6/26/2004 12:46:00 PM

I have 60 ml from samples only!
It's a good make up cleanser but not for every day use. I take it with me in travels and it's very handy

on 6/12/2004 5:27:00 PM

this isn't a great cleanser but it's so much better than the soap...really foams...(no wonder it's called the foaming cleanser)...and u only need to use a little bit each time...however it can be a bit drying in winter...

on 6/11/2004 8:42:00 AM

Very concentrated cleanser! You only need a bit, really foams! Clean, but again with a tradeoff like their soaps very drying and stripped!!! It can dehydrate your skin! And because it is also creamy when it gets hot it can also feel like you have a residue on your skin!

on 6/10/2004 4:13:00 PM

This is my favourite cleanser. My skin is dry and prone to breakouts and this cleanser keeps my skin clear without making it any drier. Economically, I think it is a great value because it is so highly concentrated that a little goes a long way. A tube will last me almost an entire year. Will never be without it.

on 6/9/2004 4:40:00 PM

i just started using this product again, and I really really like it. I had been using Purpose bar soap, which wasn't getting my makeup off and I was breaking out like crazy. So I returned to this rich, foamy cleanser followed by the Clinique soap, and my skin was completely clear in 3 days. A little goes a long way for me, and it rinses clean with no effort. My face feels and looks great - I swear by Clinique skincare (although I know it doesn't work for everyone).

on 6/6/2004 6:30:00 PM

I have used this cleanser on and off for years. It is a good basic cleanser that cleans to that squeaky clean feeling. I have found though, the older I get, the less squeaky-clean I need. I still think this is a good all-around product, especially for younger skins.

on 6/2/2004 9:54:00 PM

I quite like this product. It lasts ages and lathers up beautifully. My only complaint is that the smell is a bit strong- if your skin is sensitive it is not for you. It leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight- great!