April 17, 2014 | 1494 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2005 2:15:00 PM More reviews by xrockette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a cleanser this doesn't remove makeup, even non-waterproof stuff but as a mask it's great, tingly and very refreshing; AND I barely break ut anymore. Would probably repurchase as a mask but use something else as a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2005 5:45:00 PM More reviews by beberocket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm 36 years old with combination skin that is acne prone. It's rare that I don't have some little breakout at least once a week. I picked this up a month ago, and have fallen in love with it. I use it once a day, and it doesn't dry my skin out at all (topical BP tends to give me the dry "flakies").

The texure is very nice. It's a bit thicker, so there's no dripping half of it down the drain when you try to apply it to your face. It feels nice going on, very creamy with a slight tingle. I leave it on about 45 seconds to 1 minute and then use a washcloth to lightly rub off and then rinse several times to make sure it's all removed. (The creaminess makes it a bit difficult for me to remove with just splashing water on my face).

This stuff recently saved my face when I tried Alpha Hydrox 12% Souffle'. The AH broke my face out something fierce. I used the Clear Pore as a mask the night I started breaking out and then as my regular cleanser the next 2 days, and my face cleared back up in about 2 days.

Clear Pore Mask/Cleanser is easy to find and dirt cheap, and it works. I will purchase this on a regular basis.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2005 10:14:00 PM More reviews by em84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i think this product works pretty well for removing dirt and oil but it didnt really help keep the acne away.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2005 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Remand888

I have been very happy with this product as an occasional cleanser, but today I tried it as a mask. It felt good and tingly on.But when I took it off my face was BRIGHT RED. I only left it for 3 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2005 1:07:00 PM More reviews by curly_brunette

This product is fantastic. I had reasonably acne-free skin for most of my life, but in my late twenties, I started developing quite a few breakouts, and at least one major pimple on my face at all times. I had been using lots of salicylic acid treatments, but they didn't seem to be working as well as they should, and my skin wasn't handling leave-on benzoyl peroxide very well - it'd get rid of the acne, but leave my skin red and irritated. This product, used as a mask, has cleared up my skin completely in one week. I use it every other night, leaving it on for 5 minutes each time. I am left with no irritation and soft, clear skin. I still use a salicylic acid cleanser in the morning and evening also. The smell is pleasant, the texture is divine and the price is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2005 12:40:00 AM More reviews by smcgraw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just wanted to add a rave but also a word of caution - this stuff is strong. I can't use it more than once a day as a cleanser, and once every couple of weeks if my skin is really oily as a mask. When they say five minutes maximum, they are not kidding - in this case, more is not better. It can be extremely drying and irritating if overdone. That being said, it really keeps my skin clear, is dirt cheap, and has a wonderful cooling feeling. Keep it away from your eye area because it is too drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 10:35:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am on my 5th tube of this stuff!! I cannot use any kind of BP that is meant to be left on...even as a spot treatment it is just too much for me. But this I can tolerate, and I can even use it on my back/shoulders after workouts. I use as a cleanser most of the time, 1-2 times a day. I use it as a mask when I am feeling extra greasy or broken out. What else can I say....it is cheap and VERY effective at clearing my skin....better than Clindagel or topical Erythromycin. The fact that the product is thick and does not drip/run is a bonus: I have not had clothing-ruining incidents with this as I have with other, runnier BP washes. (which BTW were not as effective as this)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2005 11:06:00 PM More reviews by ILoveBuff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow - this stuff is awful for me. I tried it as a mask, and I regret it! After just about a minute, my face was literally burning. When I rinsed the mask off, my skin was red and angry. I've never found my skin to be very sensitive, but I've never tried a face product with menthol, so that could be the culprit. At any rate, I'll stick to Proactiv for my BP!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2005 8:15:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Great ingredients for acne proned, oily skinned people. It's like queen helene mint julep (same 2 clays) but with bp. Rinses off well too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2005 7:07:00 AM More reviews by cuteboringlove

I have bought this time and time again and for good reason! It smells wonderful, it's creamy (which I love!), it's both a cleanser and a mask, AND the best of all...it's the only face wash I've seen that has a little amount of BP instead of the 10% which is terrible and irritating! My face always feels clean when I wash with this and I really do believe it has helped with oil control. I'm definitely gonna continue to buy this and I highly recommend it! Update: I stray away and then come running back. From now on, I'm sticking to this as my staple. I use this twice daily as a cleanser and I use this as a mask about once a week as a little pick me up, and to keep me extra clear. I even use this to wash my chest and back in the shower to prevent breakouts. If your skin gets flakey or dry from using this, do what the label says and alter the frequency. I'm sure you can find this to suit you in some way whether it be a cleanser, a mask, or both! Although the top doesn't close and that is extremely annoying, I love the rest of the packaging. I find it ironic that it has a low key name like Clear Pore yet is has a stronger, more effective medicine than all the others with ACNE in the name. It's nice to own a face wash that doesn't scream "I HAVE BAD SKIN!" when you look at it. Know what I mean? hahaha. This can work as a cleanser, mask, and as a spot treatment so it has definitely simplified my cabinet and saved me money. This will always be a staple of mine! Highly recommended forever!

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No