April 24, 2014 | 1944 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2005 12:19:00 AM More reviews by blondeangelwing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I actually don't use this as a wash, I found that at night before bed, I dab this on my zits and leave on over night, come the morning-- they're GONE. Seriously, it really does wonders-try it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2005 2:15:00 PM More reviews by xrockette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a cleanser this doesn't remove makeup, even non-waterproof stuff but as a mask it's great, tingly and very refreshing; AND I barely break ut anymore. Would probably repurchase as a mask but use something else as a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2005 5:45:00 PM More reviews by beberocket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm 36 years old with combination skin that is acne prone. It's rare that I don't have some little breakout at least once a week. I picked this up a month ago, and have fallen in love with it. I use it once a day, and it doesn't dry my skin out at all (topical BP tends to give me the dry "flakies").

The texure is very nice. It's a bit thicker, so there's no dripping half of it down the drain when you try to apply it to your face. It feels nice going on, very creamy with a slight tingle. I leave it on about 45 seconds to 1 minute and then use a washcloth to lightly rub off and then rinse several times to make sure it's all removed. (The creaminess makes it a bit difficult for me to remove with just splashing water on my face).

This stuff recently saved my face when I tried Alpha Hydrox 12% Souffle'. The AH broke my face out something fierce. I used the Clear Pore as a mask the night I started breaking out and then as my regular cleanser the next 2 days, and my face cleared back up in about 2 days.

Clear Pore Mask/Cleanser is easy to find and dirt cheap, and it works. I will purchase this on a regular basis.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2005 10:14:00 PM More reviews by em84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i think this product works pretty well for removing dirt and oil but it didnt really help keep the acne away.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2005 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Remand888

I have been very happy with this product as an occasional cleanser, but today I tried it as a mask. It felt good and tingly on.But when I took it off my face was BRIGHT RED. I only left it for 3 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2005 1:07:00 PM More reviews by curly_brunette

This product is fantastic. I had reasonably acne-free skin for most of my life, but in my late twenties, I started developing quite a few breakouts, and at least one major pimple on my face at all times. I had been using lots of salicylic acid treatments, but they didn't seem to be working as well as they should, and my skin wasn't handling leave-on benzoyl peroxide very well - it'd get rid of the acne, but leave my skin red and irritated. This product, used as a mask, has cleared up my skin completely in one week. I use it every other night, leaving it on for 5 minutes each time. I am left with no irritation and soft, clear skin. I still use a salicylic acid cleanser in the morning and evening also. The smell is pleasant, the texture is divine and the price is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2005 12:40:00 AM More reviews by smcgraw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just wanted to add a rave but also a word of caution - this stuff is strong. I can't use it more than once a day as a cleanser, and once every couple of weeks if my skin is really oily as a mask. When they say five minutes maximum, they are not kidding - in this case, more is not better. It can be extremely drying and irritating if overdone. That being said, it really keeps my skin clear, is dirt cheap, and has a wonderful cooling feeling. Keep it away from your eye area because it is too drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 10:35:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am on my 5th tube of this stuff!! I cannot use any kind of BP that is meant to be left on...even as a spot treatment it is just too much for me. But this I can tolerate, and I can even use it on my back/shoulders after workouts. I use as a cleanser most of the time, 1-2 times a day. I use it as a mask when I am feeling extra greasy or broken out. What else can I say....it is cheap and VERY effective at clearing my skin....better than Clindagel or topical Erythromycin. The fact that the product is thick and does not drip/run is a bonus: I have not had clothing-ruining incidents with this as I have with other, runnier BP washes. (which BTW were not as effective as this)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2005 11:06:00 PM More reviews by ILoveBuff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow - this stuff is awful for me. I tried it as a mask, and I regret it! After just about a minute, my face was literally burning. When I rinsed the mask off, my skin was red and angry. I've never found my skin to be very sensitive, but I've never tried a face product with menthol, so that could be the culprit. At any rate, I'll stick to Proactiv for my BP!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2005 8:15:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Great ingredients for acne proned, oily skinned people. It's like queen helene mint julep (same 2 clays) but with bp. Rinses off well too.