Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 10/15/2006 5:24:00 PM

As a cleanser: not effective at all

As an overnight treatment: it brings whiteheads up quicker? (is that a good thing? :/)

As a mask: not too bad! :) I love the fresh tingling feeling and the light scent. Afterwards, my face definitely becomes softer. The only thing I have against this product is that it doesn't really prevent or treat acne. I probably won't buy it again. But it never hurts to try it out, since the price is decent and apparently it works for most people.

on 10/15/2006 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The first time I used this, I used it as a mask and I was so amazed. My skin looked SO much better immediately, and in the morning it looked even better! I was thrilled! The next night I used it as a cleanser and was disappointed with the lack of noticeable change. Used it as a mask the next night, and the miracle failed to happen again. :( I even started to get new pimples, although it could be because I'm PMSing--I had previously tried it on my chin a couple times and didn't break out. I just used it tonight, and I look like I have a sunburn. What the heck?! The only thing I'd done different is that I hadn't worn make up today so I didn't use a Biore wipe before using the mask. The good thing is that it apparently doesn't make me break out, and my skin is very acne-prone so this is a very good thing. I don't think I've been using it long enough to determine whether or not it actually helps keep acne at bay. I've used it as an overnight spot treatment once, and it didn't seem to make any difference. It's somewhat easy to rinse off, and the smell is nice. I use Neutrogena's Deep Clean Cleanser Cream in the afternoon (I'm almost out, which is why I got the Clear Pore), and use Cetaphil moisturizing lotion twice a day (afternoon and night). I won't be giving up on this yet--I keep hoping for a repeat of those initial results! EDIT 3/2008: I got a kit of acne face treatment for Christmas in '06 and used that instead of this wash for a while. That product kept me decently clear. When I ran out and went back to this Neutrogena product, I immediately started breaking out! I threw it away and haven't even thought about it since. I now use AcneFree and it works well enough for me to not think about trying anything else. continued >>

on 10/13/2006 5:36:00 PM

This works really well. I use it as a mask a few times a week. Generally I use it during the day because you only have to leave it on for 5 minutes. It doesn't dry me out too much (I use a moisturizer afterwards), and it does help heal and prevent pimples. I like to use it before I go out on weekends because it helps control oil production so my makeup stays put.

Fantastic! The only thing that has kept me consistently acne-free. The first two weeks were a bit rough- dry skin, and a breakout about halfway through the second week. But I kept using it, and my skin has NEVER been so beautiful! Its clear and glowing after about two months of consistent use. The cap is a bit of a hassle to close, but its no big deal. Just be sure to use a good moisturizer as well. I use Eucerin spf 30 which is great for acne-prone skin. Wll definitely buy again.

I use this mask 1-2 times a week & I love how refreshing it feels on my face. My favorite mask!

on 8/30/2006 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a really good BP cleanser. I just wish they made a menthol free version. I put it on my face in the shower and rinse after I start to feel the menthol. Because of the menthol I can not use it as a mask.

I made the mistake of using Clinique City Block SPF 15 on my face before reading the reviews on this site. Like many others, I found that it made me break out. I ditched the tube a few days before a big performance I was giving and used this mask to help clean up my face. It worked like a charm!

I've continued to use this product, and it is incredibly effective; it gets rid of the zits you have quickly *and* prevents new ones. I have extremely sensitive, dry, pale skin, and I do not find this mask to be drying or irritating at all. In fact, my skin looks pretty fantastic right now, because I use this in the shower on a daily basis.

This cleanser/mask works great with my normal skin. I don't usually have any problems with breakouts but if I happen to have a problematic moment I just pull this out and slather it on. On average, I use it every other day. It makes any slight imperfection go away, or in the least, become less visible. I love this stuff. It is my HG mask.

on 8/5/2006 1:56:00 AM

this is okay, I used it for a bit when i was breaking out and it did seem to work, but it was a bit too drying for my skin, I prefer lancome's mask and a bp wash

on 7/31/2006 6:35:00 PM