September 22, 2014 | 1846 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2006 11:31:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this brush. It is great for packing on color, and for use on your shadows that aren't quite pigmented enough or lustre shadows by MAC. An MA just used this brush on me to pack on GLEAM e/s (which is a notoriously hard-to-work-with lustre IMO) and it looked amazing. If I only used two e/s brushes from now on it would most likely be this and my 224 brush. Great quality, soft, and not scratchy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by SG444

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful brush! SO soft on the eyelid yet it's very effective at packing on just the right amount of shadow. Very easy to control and blend shades. Very high quality brush for the price. I may consider purchasing another one. You can't go wrong with this eyeshadow brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2006 2:37:00 PM More reviews by pinki3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very soft brush with sturdy bristles. a total musthave for eyeshadows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ninadg2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this brush for applying eyeshadow, especially pigments/mineral e/s on my lids. The small dense head is perfect for packing on colours that are a bit light or applying it wet, for my small eyelids. It's works for blending them too, doesn't work on my crease though, because of it's shape. A must have though!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2006 2:58:00 AM More reviews by glamrockgal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought 239 but when I got home I realized its the as Bobbi Brown's TOUCH UP brush which I already have.But it doesnt matter I'm trying to build a brush collection thats why I want more:) As other reviews tell it all its the perfect brush for applying eyeshadow and even I can use it to apply concealer too.I love MAC brushes and I want to enhance more more on makeup.Brushes help me about applications.I spend alot of money for a brush but I know that quality brushes make it easy to do makeup.I love 239 and would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 6:01:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This was one of the first "real" makeup brushes I purchased over two years ago, and it's still in excellent condition today. I like this brush because the hairs are densely packed and pick up a lot of pigment. I like using this for applying a base flesh-toned eye shadow color like the satin e/s in Nars AAE all over the lid. It also works well for packing in darker colors in the crease. Overall, I don't find this brush as useful as the other ones I own (213, 224, 217), so I probably won't repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2006 12:11:00 PM More reviews by k9muttlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Awesome liner/smudge brush. Really gives you control. SO soft too! LOVE IT! Worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2006 5:14:00 AM More reviews by pnayheav3n

this brush is wonderful. i used to use sponge tip applicators every day, but the color took a while for me to even out. i eventually decided to give in and purchase this product. the bristles are soft yet sturdy, and makes it easier to evenly apply the e/s. the bristles are dense and pack on the color really well. definitely purchase this brush!

*edit*5/16/06: wow the more i use this brush to more i love it! since i've used it i noticed that my e/s application time went down from fifteen minutes to five. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2006 1:03:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

why did i wait to long to get this brush!!!! i've tried it with my e/s that dont show up too well, even with a base and WOW.....this definitely intensified them.....it packs in the color and i dont get the funky blotchy looks that i get from my other cheapy brushes.....its definitely worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2006 6:00:00 PM More reviews by boomgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased 2 of these sight unseen just b/c of the rave reviews. It's a small paddle shaped head with a nice long handle. It's the perfect brush for packing on color, especially useful for pigments. The firm but soft bristles distribute color evenly and precisely. Retails for $24.00USD