December 18, 2014 | 844 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by tanassa02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i read the reviews for this Thermal Water, and felt i had to try it immediately. I was looking for something that would spray an ultra fine mist, in order to 'set' my makeup in the morning while adding some much needed hydration to my face. I'm sad to say, Avene is not the product for that. The spray is way too heavy, such that one spray leaves pools of water on the face. Not good at all. If i wanted that, I'd use a regular spray bottle, which i found too heavy in the first place. Sure, it feels good, but for $10, i want exactly what i want. So i returned it to CVS within a couple days without a problem. So what did i get instead, the La Roche Posay Thermal Water. The mist is super fine on this one. Even after spraying 4-5 times, my face is a sopping mess. Hard to go wrong with the La Roche version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2007 12:10:00 AM More reviews by msgrape

Great product....wish it wasn't so expensive and hard to find. I started using this in the morning after I washed my face. One week later and I am obsessed with this stuff spraying my face at night too and sometimes in the middle of the day! Just makes my sensitive skin calm down and feels hydrated and nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2007 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Wonder78

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Great product for sensitive skin. I got this from my doctor when my skin got irratated to some stuff I was using. It clams my skin whenever I spray it on. Thermal water is a must for people with sensitive skin. I use it as a toner now and whenever my skin misbehave. It's also good to spray it on to prevent irratation and inflammatory when your skin got too hot under the sun.
Another fact about thermal water is that it is more hydranting than most of toner out there. wow. The only down side of this product maybe the package. I understand thermal spring water have to pack in the air tight bottle. However, it annoys me everytime that I cannot spray out the last few dropsat the end of the bottle .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by ocmommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was skeptical, I will admit.

I mean, it's water. In a can. How amazing could it be?

Pretty darn amazing, lemme tell you!

Before we get started, let me tell you what sets this apart from other canned waters: the amount of sodium. Seriously. Spray one hand with the Avene and one hand with Evian, the ket them dry. Now lich the back of both hands. See? The Evian hand tasts like a salty mess, and the Avene hand tastes like...well, hand. :)

Sodium applied to skin will dehydrate, so this would be a bad thing. The Avene water has a liberal amount of silica, which is softening and smoothing. That would be a good thing. :D

Good stuff. Also, you can literally spray this right into your mouth. There is nothing nasty in there, just water and natural gas to compress it.

I use this to soothe diaper rash, set my makeup, balance my skin after a shower, and I have even used it at the playground to remove dirt from a scraped knee...just get the water spray really close, to give maximum water pressure.

I have no less than 4 bottles going at a time, stashed all over. :) continued >>

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by tetrakis

This is such a treat for my rosacea. I use this every day when I wash my face and to set my make-up or soothe my skin when it's irritated. Very cooling, helps calm my skin down when I get a flare up. This is not "just water in a bottle" like many people will tell you. Scientific studies show that it affects the immune cells in the skin and helps calm inflammation. Everyone in my extended family who has sensitive skin uses this. See a list of scientific evidence here: http://www.aveneusa.com/clindata/default.asp?product=thermal_spring

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by BarneysBrunette

It's a bit expensive for water, but so worth it. I like to use it after I've applied my makeup to help it settle a bit and I find that it provides a natural dewy illusion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2007 4:38:00 PM More reviews by roguenicy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried most thermal waters and I think this is the best one for my skin, it reduces redness pretty fast and doesn't dry my skin out and I'm really happy with it. :) Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by allisonali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just got home after purchasing this and had to write a review! I was so pleasantly surprised by the feel. I think it feels way better than the evian spray and I used to love that! I know it's ten dollars for water but you should treat yourself! It's a luxurious pick me up and I am psyched that mua turned me on to it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2007 12:24:00 PM More reviews by JaeMann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Seriously. Spraying my face with Water is going to make it look better? No, really?
Strangely, yes! My boyfriend gave me this. He said it helped his ex clear up her red spots. (not the acne type, the "my skin is pissy about god knows what" type).
Lo and behold, it did. Wow. Water. Who woulda thunk it?
Now, 6 months later, I swear by the stuff. I never leave home without it in my bag. I use it with my morning and night skin care routine, right after my toner. I use it after I work out. I use it when I am over heated. And guess what. My skin looks better for it.

Just don't tell my mom how much I pay for a spray can of water, okay?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2007 7:45:00 AM More reviews by lorio3733

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

We are a funny bunch, we women. We strive hard for beauty, or some semblance there of, and in this striving, we spend mucho deniro on mucho bullcrap and oh, how happy it makes us. To know that we are striving, and even if we fail, we did, in fact, strive. Me, I'm four months pregnant and I feel like an inflated sea cow. On any given day I can come home and fine six new zits on my once perfect complexion, or, even better, ankles that have swollen up like Bart Simpson floats in The Macy's Day parade. It's no light business, this pregnancy thing. Saturday morning I opened my wee mirrored compact to find that amidst my sea of beauteous thirty something acne pustules, a curious phenomenon was suddenly attacking the right side of my nose. It was, in fact, peeling off in long, wallpaper like pieces, pieces that left inflamed patches of scarlet skin in their wake. Oh my crepey creep show, how utterly gorge I am! Since the middle of my first trimester, my three chin hairs have become a Brawny paper towel guy beard, my forehead is an army of white heads, and now my nose belongs to a leprous clown. Quick. Someone call America's Next Top Model and give them the 411.
Horror stricken, I pulled one of the skin shreds off. Another appeared in it's place. I pulled another off. Same thing. This went on until the afternoon, when I found myself purchasing a teeny tiny can of eight dollar spring water at my local CVS. In the car, I sprayed my face liberally. Then I sprayed my tongue for good measure.
So, in the end, does this stuff work? Good question. Who cares? Behold me. I am a chunky monkey chin haired pregnant lady with all the sensuality and grace of a water buffalo, but I too am dropping duckets into the wind so that I too may say, I have striven.

EDIT: This stuff makes a lovely glass of Crystal Light. Would definitely purchase again.