August 23, 2014 | 1060 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The centre panel of my face is an oil slick, so I've been skeptical about the BB craze, but if you've got oily-combination skin, this might be ideal for you. While I was initially put off by the grainy texture, it quickly vanished into my complexion and had a comfortable, sheer, demi-matte finish that held out for most of a sunny fall afternoon. I would recommend starting with a moisturiser to give the product some slip, so you don't feel like you're peeling your face off. The lack of SPF can be a little disconcerting, so you'll definitely want to layer it over something 15+.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Whateffer

I use Missha's products but received a sample of L'Oreal's BB cream light and tried it. L'Oreal's BB cream dispenses as a white cream then turns an ugly shade of orange tint on skin. If you get it too close to the sensitive eye area it will burn and sting. I'm sticking with Missha (a Korean makeup company). They were the first to produce/market BB creams and their BB products are excellent -- especially for those with fair, sensitive, acne-prone skin or rosacae.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by sksterling

I am fair with acne prone sensitive skin. This has good coverage, and a nice finish. BUT, it oxidizes like crazy. I wore "light" to work today and my boss asked me if I had been spray tanning again, I said "no, do I look orange?" and he said "yes". when i got home i looked in the mirror and i was definitely rather orange. not ok. maybe the other colors would work on darker skin, but for fair ladies, stay away.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by lasinger711

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was thrilled with this product the first time I used it. It smoothed out my undereye wrinkles beautifully. I was so excited to find a great product. But then I noticed the bags under my eyes became worse when I used it, and I also started to notice my allergies kick in!

Unfortunately, I can't continue to use it as its positive effects are negated by the negative :( Boo Fail

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am fair skinned with warm tones and am very oily.
The first time I put this product on my face ended up making my TZone oily even before I was done with my makeup! I powdered and went on with my day as I didn't have time to change it. Within 2 hours it oxidized and then faded away to nothing leaving my skin super oily and gross.
I am so disappointed so far with these BB creams! They simply are not for oily skinned women!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by xxnikkim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got this as a sample so I can't say anything about price or packaging. It blends very nicely, no ashy look at all but I got this in light and although I am fair skinned, I'm not the whitest person to walk the earth and this was slightly to dark. Everyone said it was fine but in some lights I could definitely see a slight difference in face and neck color and that is just not a look I want so I don't think I'd buy this unless they have an ultra light or something like that. It felt good though, nice and light and the coverage was light-medium which I think is awesome.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by vagabondking

First and foremost, Western BB creams are definitely not the same as Asian BB creams (and I'm not simply talking about colour range here). Western BB creams tend to be more like over-hyped tinted moisturizers rather than actual BB creams. BB creams are originally supposed to have skincare benefits and offer all-in-one performance, but many of the Western BB creams tend to be a little lacking in both, and end up working more like tinted moisturizers than anything else.

That being said, I got this as a sample (thank God! because after trying this, I am glad I didn't have to spend money on it). It's good to know that I'm not the only one who turned into an Oompa Loompa after trying this.

I am East Asian with light-medium (a little more on the light side, like MAC NC20~25) skin, and I got a sample in the shade 'Light'. I was a little concerned that it may be too light on me, since Doutzen Kroes (the L'Oreal model who wears 'Light') is fairer than I am, but I figured it would be a good test for the 'self-adjusting' technology it touted. While it did make my skin look nice and even (I don't really have that many blaring imperfections in the first place though), and gave me a nice glow, it turned me orange. I liked the way it looked on me the first moment I put it on, but then it darkened within a couple of minutes, and it looked like a bad experience with fake tanner (something that I have never actually tried before, but have heard can be ugly). I don't know how much some of the other reviewers used, but I only used a little bit (probably about the size of a dime or penny) and it did not look pretty.

This may work better for those with darker or warmer skintones, but if you have light skin, you may want to consider going a shade down (if possible ~ I don't know how that will work if you have very fair skin). Who knows? Maybe this is simply one of those hit and miss products where it will work great for some and just bomb for others. I just had the unfortunate luck of falling into the bomb category :(

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by blushgirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It is easy to use and makes my skin brighten and glow a bit even though it is matte. It is kind to my lines and if anything diminishes the look of them.
I mix a tiny pea size of this BB cream on the back of my hand with a same size blob of my spf moisture cream and blend them together and then dot it all over my face, neck, and chest. Not greasy and feels light.
The price is right and I love the look.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by YTHANNAH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Can't comment on price or packaging as I got this as a sample -- and I won't be purchasing, so I don't really care how much it costs.

Like a few other reviewers have noted, it "self-adjusted" much too dark and orangey on my fair skin despite being the Light version. Whoever wrote "self tanner gone bad" described the look very accurately. It was so bad I wanted to scrub it off and start again, but I'd made the mistake of trying it out in the morning before a workday and had run out of time. Of course, the nasty colour just intensified under the fluorescent lights at the office :(

Worse, I could "feel" something on my skin all day. I don't like that sensation, that's precisely why I avoid foundation. And my face felt strangely warm to the touch -- I'm sure I'd have sensitivity issues with this product if I wore it for more than a day. Coverage was way less than most other BBs I've tried, and my regular concealer was much too light against the dark tone.

I will say that it did a decent job of oil control (and that's saying a lot with my super-oily skin), but managed to make the less-oily areas look a bit dry and wizened -- NOT the appearance I'm aiming for!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by sportschick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product before going on vacation a few months ago. I didn't want to wear foundation, but I do hate going without SOMETHING on my face, so I picked this up at CVS on sale and with a coupon AND extra bucks! (why i always try to buy my drugstore brands at cvs)...i actually ended up getting the product for free with all of the deals and coupons! woo hooo :)

Anyway!:

Packaging: I liked the tube, it was easy to let out only the amount of product you needed and it was thin and easy to pack

Texture/smell: It didn't have any type of distinctive smell, good or bad. The product itself caught me off guard. Its grainy, like sand, and it comes out white! I was taken aback, so I put some on my hand and watched as it seemed to change to my skin tone. Like magic...haha!

Wear/Coverage: I have oily skin and some acne scars/redness. It did cover more than some of my other BB creams, and it didnt make my face AS oily. It did not last long though, after just 2-3 hours, it looked like i definitely needed a touchup.

Overall: It is definitely more of a glorified tinted moisturizer, as someone else had mentioned, rather than a BB cream. Coverage was better than Garnier and Cover Girl that I had tried. No lasting power. I will not purchase again!