October 23, 2014 | 941 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by owl123

This product worked very well for me, It comes out like a white-ish liquid with little gradualness or beads that contain the color the adapts to your skin tone. I have mine in "Fair" buts that also cause they tend to run a little dark. the color selection isn't very vast, however I liked how this bb cream absorbed quickly and didn't leave my skin feeling greasy it actually left my skin very smooth with a light-med coverage it was very light but did cover up my blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 7:03:00 AM More reviews by AmyJenn333

I surprisingly loved this product! I tried it from a sample that I received in a magazine that I suscribe to. I was surprised that it was a good match for my skin tone, though it was light (I am usually medium beige). On your fingers, the product looks like a pearly, almost gray, irridescent creamy color. When you apply it to your face, it oxidizes to blend with your skin. I did not mind at all the texture or beads in it, it blended right in. I used my fingertips to apply this. I had read previous reviews that said it turns orange, so I watched it carefully to review it over the next couple of hours. Not so with me! It was a nice, natural looking tan color....and looked fresh and smooth hours later. I was impressed with this product!! The feel of the product really is like a primer. I am guessing that it has silicones in it. I could be wrong, need to check the ingredients...but that is what it feels like. It feels great on the skin and it does provide a light, smooth coverage. I ended up applying bronzer and blush, as well as a dusting of mineral veil, over it. That was a great combination. I am going to purchase the full size product today!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by confuzzled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! It evens out my skin tone and looks like I have no makeup on at all. To me, this is very similar to Almay's Smart-Shade Makeup, but the BB Cream provided foolproof blending.

I primarily wear this when I'm running out to the gym at the crack of dawn. You look like a fresh-faced you, only better!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/25/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is quite expensive for a product that is a total disappointment. It hid nothing and the feeling of those beads were unpleasant. It never felt like it ever totally rubbed in and made my skin feel consistently oily. I gave it away. Not worth your money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The name "BB", in this case, refers to "beauty beads"...grainy little pigmented beads which, when you rub the cream into your skin, are supposed to adjust to your colouring...very different than the traditional BB cream (Blemish Balm).

This cream is extremely grainy feeling when you rub it into your skin...it feels like you're exfoliating your face with a scrub. At first, it seemed to blur away some of the redness and scars on my face (not hiding them completely, but making them not as noticeable), and I actually thought I liked this product. It wasn't until I happened to look in the mirror about half an hour after applying it that I realized that it had changed. It oxidized to the extreme, making me look like I had Oompa Loompa makeup on. From what I've read, I'm not the only one to have this problem. The only real positive I can give this product is that it never broke me out or caused a rosacea flare. Unless you dig the bad self-tan look, do not buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by dropdeaddandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the sample in Light and wasn't expecting much. I was so excited when I put it on and saw that it made me look awesome! I made my man try some and he liked how it evened out his skin but obviously didn't look like he was wearing anything "makeup-y". When I put it on, it reminded me of an instant, natural looking bronzing effect, like what my skin looks like after a week of tanning lotion. I did the rest of my makeup as usual. Then, we got in the car to go out. And I checked myself out in the car mirror. And I looked awful, like i was wearing foundation that's too dark for me. So I bought the full size in a shade lighter, Fair. The thing is, now I don't really see it doing anything. I use it as a primer before putting on foundation, but I definitely don't see a visual difference like I did with the Light sample, which ended up looking like a bad makeup job.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The centre panel of my face is an oil slick, so I've been skeptical about the BB craze, but if you've got oily-combination skin, this might be ideal for you. While I was initially put off by the grainy texture, it quickly vanished into my complexion and had a comfortable, sheer, demi-matte finish that held out for most of a sunny fall afternoon. I would recommend starting with a moisturiser to give the product some slip, so you don't feel like you're peeling your face off. The lack of SPF can be a little disconcerting, so you'll definitely want to layer it over something 15+.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Whateffer

I use Missha's products but received a sample of L'Oreal's BB cream light and tried it. L'Oreal's BB cream dispenses as a white cream then turns an ugly shade of orange tint on skin. If you get it too close to the sensitive eye area it will burn and sting. I'm sticking with Missha (a Korean makeup company). They were the first to produce/market BB creams and their BB products are excellent -- especially for those with fair, sensitive, acne-prone skin or rosacae.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by sksterling

I am fair with acne prone sensitive skin. This has good coverage, and a nice finish. BUT, it oxidizes like crazy. I wore "light" to work today and my boss asked me if I had been spray tanning again, I said "no, do I look orange?" and he said "yes". when i got home i looked in the mirror and i was definitely rather orange. not ok. maybe the other colors would work on darker skin, but for fair ladies, stay away.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by lasinger711

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was thrilled with this product the first time I used it. It smoothed out my undereye wrinkles beautifully. I was so excited to find a great product. But then I noticed the bags under my eyes became worse when I used it, and I also started to notice my allergies kick in!

Unfortunately, I can't continue to use it as its positive effects are negated by the negative :( Boo Fail

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No