April 17, 2014 | 1911 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - 8-pan Palette "Comfort Zone"

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by lovely520

I can't believe so many people have already reviewed this palette even though it hasn't been out that long. I think it's worth the 'hype.' It's a great little neutral palette that is very affordable for the quality of eyeshadow you get and the amount (8 full-sized shadows). You get a neutral brown side and a side with green shades. I like both sides and find that you can create some very flattering eye looks with either side. You can wear these shadows in any combination you like but I find that wearing them according to how they're grouped together looks best on me. I think these shadows look really, really pretty on. They're highly pigmented and have minimal fallout. At $4.99, I would say it's well worth buying, especially if you like neutrals. My only note of caution would be to be careful with the more highly pigmented shades like the dark brown definer shade and the deep green crease shade. Both are very, very pigmented and a little bit goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by CocoMango

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay so first off all the shadows except for the lightest highlight shade marked "brow" are really nice and soft/blendable and pigmented. Exactly the good quality you expect from WnW e/s. The lightest shades are chalky IMO. So I don't really love the top ones in the palette.

I also have to note that this palette is fragile. There were so many palettes that broke during shipping (I know b/c I was there when they unpacked and stocked the shelves). Only 2 survived and were put out for sale. So do not drop!

Green side = YAY
Brown side = big NAY.

why nay to the brown side you ask? well b/c soo warm and looks horrible on me. Gross. I'm NW20 so that is why I suppose. That second shade reminds me of Woodwinked from MAC and that is so warm on me its almost orange. DNW.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by citygirl123

So I never used to give Wet N Wld a second thought. To me, it was always one of those brands that were cheap for a reason. But since they've been getting a lot of attention lately, I decided to buy the 8 pan palette at my local Walgreens after reading that they were hard to find. I got Comfort Zone and the purple one.

I gotta say, I LOVE these colors. The green is amazing. I think it's really unique, and since I have green eyes, I'm always looking for a nice green eyeshadow. The other colors included in the pan are also super unique and all are very pigmented. The shadow on the bottom left (the dark, sparkly brown) is SUPER pigmented, so be careful to tap off the color on the back of your hand and only apply the slightest amount, and then gradually build it. Yeah, it's hat saturated. I had to wipe it off the first time I used that color because I looked like Taylor Momsen or whoever.

Also, for the price, you get a LOT of color. These are full sized pans, and there's 8 of them. Uh-mazing!

I think the only downfall is the packaging, which is really, really basic. I mean, I'm sure that's how they keep their prices down, but I would be interested to see if they could come up with some slightly higher quality packaging that wouldn't raise the product costs for consumers.

Overall, LOVE this product. I'm going to be getting these for everyone I know as birthday gifts this year.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by danyell2425

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not a huge fan of neutrals but I figured I would go ahead and pick it up since it was getting such rave reviews here. I had no trouble finding the actual palette. I guess they aren't popular where I live? lol

But the colors are very pretty. And very pigmented. I have super oily lids and I've noticed a little creasing. But VERY minimal compared to other shadows I've purchased. I think the color combos are limitless and I'm sooooooooo excited about trying all the variations!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay here goes.......I got this at a Walmart near my job after searching for this like a mad lady all throughout my neighborhood. After using it just one time, the top right taupey color completely crumbled and is of no use. Despite that, I love the palette b/c of its texture and pigmentation. These shades are buttery soft and blend beautifully. The only problem I have w/this is that the packaging is of the lowest quality possible for such a great product. I wear this to work and the colors stay strong through my 12 hour days. I must also say that I use a primer underneath to keep from creasing, but I do this w/my high end shadows as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I was hesitant to buy this product because I remember WnW being a cruddy drugstore brand, but so many people have been raving about their new eyeshadow formulations that I had to give it a try.

The wear is phenomenal. I put these eye shadows on top of a primer I've been using with other high end shadow brands and let me tell you the Wet n Wild ones OUTPERFORMED my high end expensive eyeshadows. I could not believe it. They wore fabulously, no fading, no oily, no creasing. The eyeshadows I paid an arm and a leg for...completely gone and creased.

The colors are true to the pan, they glide on super soft and blend so well. That's saying a lot because I suck at creating eye looks but it was so easy with this kit!

Some advice:
-don't press too hard with your brush, the eyeshadows are soft so no need
-be careful of the packaging, it sucks but who cares?!

Definitely give these a shot, for 5 bucks why not?

UPDATE: I wore these without a primer and wear was still super amazing on my oily lids...LOVE!

Now if only they made a matte 8 pan kit LOL

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

WARNING! Do NOT drop this palette or any other WnW color eyeshadow palette. The 8 pans seem particularly soft and will crumble when dropped. As I was searching for this palette in Walgreens and Walmarts, I came across so many crumbled palettes. In particular, the dark brown on the bottom left shattered and covers the entire palette. That dark brown shade is also in the Trio I'm getting Sunburned.

I definitely recommend this palette for any lover of neutral eyeshadows. It's only $5 and worth every penny. My favorite shades are the top right taupe (that is also in the Night Elf Palette), the golden highlight shade (top left), and the Club dupe (also it is much more red toned than Club).

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lilmissyblee1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally got my hands on this! I love all the colors in this pallette. My only gripe (and its not really a gripe per se) it that one of the colors (the deep burgundy) is exactly the same as a color in one of the trios I have (I'm getting Sunburned) And I'm sure its not the only one that's duplicated in some of their other pallettes. (like the Club dupe which is also in the Night Elf pallette) But like the other reviewers the colors are sublime if a little too warm and very pigmented. I don't even have to use primer with this and it lasts even on my oily lids; but with primer they're even more awesome. I actually like that there's no matte shades in this (I feel they age me somehow) Would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

SO I was looking for a natural palette to wear for school and I didn't want to plop down a lot of money. I have heard that WnW had really great shadows so I gave this a try. Right now I am not too crazy about green shadow, but I do love the browns on the left. Its a really good buy. Only problem I have with it is it seems that it will be very delicate and I don't think it will do well traveling. So I will have to be very careful when I go places. But for 4.99, that is not really a big deal and I will get over it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this palette. I wanted this the first time I saw it on-line. I really like neutrals. One side of this palette is mostly greens and the other side is beige and browns. I like wearing the Club dupe with the lightest color as a high light. There are so many combos and many different ways to use this palette. The only down side is they didn't really make this an all inclusive palette. For example, if I wanted to travel with this I would still need to take a matte brown or beige or both because there are no matte shades, not one. But for $4.99 its not a major complaint. The shadows are DS and perform as such, there is some fall out, and some are very shimmery. Overall, they are smooth, lay down well, and last all day with a primer. Another plus is that there are several MAC dupes in this palette. I've found All that Glitters, Club, Bronze, Patina and Sketch, Greensmoke, and Sumptuous Olive. For reference I'm a DDD. MUFE F& B #12 and MAC C7.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No