October 20, 2014 | 2118 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by juventas000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

like many i've been sitting on the fence debating whether or not to bite the bullet and get the Mia Clarisonic. even with sales and promos in Sephora bringing down the price from US$200 to $125 i could never bring myslef to do it.
ive used manual face brushes before and for the life of me couldn't find any new ones here in the Philippines. so when DH went on a biz trip back to the US i asked him to nab me one at CVS. he mistakenly got the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Rejuvenator wc comes with a scrubby pad and vibrates. so i used this for about 2 weeks till i got the Olay Pro X. i used the Neutrogena 2x/week and noticed a few small breakouts of tiny pimples between my eyebrows and a few on my nose as well. perhaps a bit too abrasive for my combination/dry skin?
once the Pro X sytem came i saw a world of difference. my skin was instantly brighter, cleaner and 100% smoother. it is a rotating brush system w/ 2 settings (only used the lower setting at first) i started using it w my regular evening cleanser J&J Purpose Gentle Cleanser (i only splash water on my face in the AM). it swept away all traces of makeup left over even after using makeup remover. cleaned out my pores and after 2 weeks no more little zits or break outs.
i think my skin had to re adjust hence the window of break outs in the beginning. i cannot say for sure if it was the Neutrogena device or machine operated cleansing in general.
my routine is now AM cleansing w water only (still). i wear a full face (foundation, powder, face color and waterproof liner/mascara) most days. i remove w eye make up remover and face towellete and then wash w J&J Purpose using the Pro X brush.
at first i was also wary that the Pro X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser might be too abrasive for my soemtimes sensitive (freckly light skinned asian) skin but have started using it 2x/week as well with delightful results. the microbeads are small enough to polish lightly wihtout irritating.
i dont use the Neutrogena device much anymore, and will probably give it to away as i still have most of the blue scrubby pads. the rotating action of the Olay ProX is much gentler and more efficient in facial cleansing wihtout being too harsh.
i can liken the experince most to how i used to "over brush" with a manual toothbrush and cause abrasions on my tooth enamel and sensitivity. with the Pro X device, the scrubbing is done for you and you dont feel the need to rub it in w/ any pressure at all. i just give my face a couple of sweeps allover, concentrating on nasolabial folds and other clog prone areas (never bothered to time it) and avoiding delicate under eye skin. i follow w my night moisturizer and eye creams and they seem to absorb much better than before.
all in all a fabulous tool for smoothening, brightening and over all anti aging!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by productsnob

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the last year, I have been having facials at a med-spa and I had been lusting over the high-end cleansing brush but could not bring myself to pay $200 (plus tax!) for a gadget that I would or would not use on a regular basis. I also did not want to clutter my bathroom counter.

This week, as I was preparing for work one morning, I saw a commercial for the Olay Cleansing System and began researching online and reading reviews. Needless to say, I went to Walgreens this morning and purchased it for $29.99 and I received a full size tube of the Olay exfoliating cleaner. The machine is small and easy to use. It is true, it did not come with any instructions and the device was a bit difficult to open but I managed to do it without my husband's help.

I just tried it and am impressed with the device. I used my Philosophy Purity cleanser and seriously, just after using it once, my face looks brighter and is glowing. I am glad I made the purchase. However, I don't think I will use the 6oz tube cleaner that was a gift with purchase. I am afraid it may be too harsh or worse yet, break out my skin. Maybe I will use it as a hand cleaner. :)

The Olay Professional Pro-X Advanvced Cleansing System is certainly worth the $30.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is just a gadget. I've use the exfoliating washcloths for several years, and frankly they do a better job. This feels good and spins, but I can't tell that it really is exfoliating all that well. I do like the Olay cleanser, but the $30s for the brush really didn't need to be spent. The good thing about trying this was it answered my question about the Clarisonic. I can't imagine that I would have liked the vibrating action any better. Save your money and get an exfoliating cloth.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by xanastazia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rarely write reviews on here but thanks to you awesome Makeup Alley members reviews on this, I rushed out and bought the Olay Cleansing System just two days ago (got it at Walgreens where you get a full sized cleanser as a bonus too!) and the difference it's made in my skin has been INCREDIBLE! My skin is GLOWING!!! I can't stop touching my skin and feeling how soft and smooth it is now the difference is nothing short of amazing! I wear makeup nearly everyday and before using the brush, I don't think my skin was getting fully cleansed and makeup removed until using this. The tiny bumps on my face are already disappearing (some mild purging but even that cleared up fast!) and my skin just looks and feels amazing! And it's a BARGAIN for the results it provides! Rush out and buy this today I promise you won't regret it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by saddle57

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am probably one of the few who are not satisfied with the Olay Professional Pro-
x Cleaning System, and here's why. I am a mature woman with very dry flakey skin. I used the machine once with the cleanser it came with, and one time without. I did not over do it either, but my skin felt leathery after using it the first time. The cleanser is granulated. The next time I used it I used my own sensitive skin cleanser, and it felt the same way after that as well. I felt like the brush was very soft, but I don't know if the cleanser made my skin leathery, and it's taking a while for it to repair or what's going on. I am afraid to use it again. My skin did not look much different after using it either. I get better results with using a sensitive scrub. I will say that the machine is small, and would be good for traveling. It fits nicely in your hand. I had a hard time getting the cover off to get the batteries in. For me and my skin it did not do a good job. I would not repurchase. I guess I will shell out the money and get the Clarisonic.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love, L-O-V-E this stuff! I've been using this for a week now and thought I'd add my experience on to here.

First, I've read about how hard it was to take out the compartment for the batteries, but with the first tug it came out. I didn't wiggle it, I just pulled it straight out. I've also read how some people said they didn't notice a difference between the two speeds, but I do. Naturally, I turned it to the faster speed since I use a scrub daily and always press those little beads HARD on to my face. I realized though, since the brush is doing such a great job exfoliating I didn't need the faster speed. I turned it to the slower one when being used with a scrub (Laura Mercier face polish) and the faster speed when I'm using a creamy cleanser. I admit, I'm guilty of using this brush longer than a minute as suggested since it feels so good using it and is... well, kind of fun :blush: (: I actually get excited to cleaning my face morning & night now! My face was instantly smoother and I noticed results right away. Of course, it was probably only noticeable enough for me to see since I'm so observative, but after 3 days it was obvious enough for others to see as well. I only need to use half the amount of moisturizer than I usually do and makeup is a BREEZE to put on. Flakies? What flakes?! GONE! I've also read some reviews of users who have used the Clarisonic and have said that this didn't exfoliate enough and that this brush was too 'weak'. And while I haven't used the Clarisonic, I couldn't image a need for something that is stronger. This exfoliates extremely well while being gentle enough for a whole wide array of skintypes. I've seen results within a few uses, so it's obviously working. My breakouts are almost gone and my complexion is radiant. I just love it!

A warning: this *does* pull/tug the skin though, since it's a rotating brush and not a vibrating one. Because of this, I'd recommend not getting too close to the delicate eye area. Also, when there's a lot of water on your face it could splash/flick around and (sometimes) into your eyes a little bit, but it doesn't happen often and isn't too much of a bother. I just wish the outside layer of the bristles didn't rotate - that would've easily solved this problem. Overall, I can't recommend this enough. I've already told my sisters and mother about this and plan on buying some as gifts. Go. Get. This. NOW!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by KelliaC

I had no idea what to expect when I bought this brush (available at CVS, Target, Walgreens, etc) for $29.99 + tax. I took it out of the box, had a bit of a hard time opening the compartment for the batteries. Inserted the AA batteries which came with the brush, and read the instructions. Applied my cleanser on my moistened face, and in circular motions, for about 2 minutes cleansed my face with the brush. OMG, I was so pleasantly surprised!!! First off, the brush on this system is very soft and cleans off so much more makeup than my regular washcloth. It's so gentle, yet efficient, that when I was done, the brush was full of makeup. Second, I was afraid this would be rough on my skin, Olay recommends cleaning the skin for about 1 minute, but this glided on so smooth on my face, that I just wanted to keep cleaning my skin for several minutes. Third, my face is so incredibly smooth afterwards, that I no longer have blackheads, whiteheads, and I realized I don't break out anymore (I'm on acne medication and I still used to breakout). I'm thinking this must remove the top layer of dead skin cells, which were probably clogging my pores and causing my acne. I'm a true believer of this system. In fact, I'm excited to remove my makeup every night. It's waterproof, so you can also use it in the shower! Worth every single penny, especially for someone who doesn't want to spend the big bucks to purchase a Clarisonic. Follow with a good moisturizer afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by swtlilkokoro

i bought this just a couple days ago at rite aid for 30% off. i haven't used it long enough for a proper review, but just wanted to let everyone know so they can still get a good deal for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by kaltblutig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I travelled from Canada to get my hands on this baby!
So far, I really like that it has two speeds; i find that on my sensitive cheek skin, the slower speed is alright and I use the fastest speed on my T-Zone.
Aww, this brush is just so much fun, my bf wants to use it too.
I can,t tell if my skin has changed but my moisturizer sinks in so much more faster. Awww, love!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by paig392

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been searching YEARS for products to clear up my nasty cystic acne. I had one particularly huge lump on my jawline that wouldnt budge for months. I bought this brush and it was flattened within days. My skin is now, two weeks later, clear and I'm focused on clearing up scarring. It makes products work 100000x better!!

This + Alpha Hydrox 10% enhanced lotion= clear skin and a very ecstatic me...$40 dollars very, very well spent

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No