July 31, 2014 | 1867 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by characterarc

I was hoping this would be terrible on me so I could return this expensive foundation ($47). Unfortunately for my wallet, this product is terrific.

Before this came along, the only other foundation I tried that never caked on me and was surprisingly longlasting (providing no one touched my face lol) was MUFE F&B, but it was also very dewy on me, and since I have combo skin, this meant constant powder touch-ups (which I usually dont' mind, but if I'm away from a bathroom for an hour or more, this can worry me into thinking my T-zone has become an oil slick). I wanted that natural look F&B gave me with the dewiness toned down a bit.

Finally I broke down in Nordstrom and went for this foundation. As others have stated and I will repeat, shaking is necessary before using since it's water-based (like F&B too!). I like the squeeze tube packaging; a liitle bit has leaked out without squeezing but it's still vastly preferred to EL DW (which I also like, but has infamous bad packaging). About a pea-and-a-half size is enough for my face, which has post-acne hyperpigmentation. With this amount I can achieve a natural-looking medium coverage. I use the ELF flat-top studio brush to apply - dot foundation with fingers around my face first, then swirl and blend. For me, it gives a slight dewy finish, not as much as F&B. I can get by without powdering for a few hours.

Lasting power with primer of course runs about 8 hours. I have long workdays (apply makeup at 8am, don't get home till 9pm some days) and I can tell once upon reaching home that it has faded in some areas and moved a bit, but asking for 12+ hours of sturdy wear from a foundation (especially one with VA's formulation and my skintype) is asking a lot.

Given this line's limited shade range, I'm glad I'm a perfect match in B20 (NC25). Initially, the Chanel lady thought B10 was a good match for me - she swatched it along my jawline in terrible department store lighting. Thankfully I researched beforehand and suggested, "Umm, maybe the next shade down instead?" This stuff never oxidizes on me, no caking, and has great wear time. It's a great winter foundation for me, but once summer approaches Vegas, I'll have to go to EL DW's more matte finish. Both DW and VA are HG foundations for me - I guess my wallet will just have to deal.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Saraah14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My HG foundation!! I absolutely love it! Leaves the skin looking radiant and healthy and doesn't look cakey at all. I'm in the shade B10 which suits my NW15/2O skintone perfectly. Even though this foundation is very expensive, it took me nearly 8 months to finish a bottle of it! Definately worth every penny spent! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Catkins

when i first got this foundation i didn't think it would provide me with good coverage and tbh i just got sucked into all the rave reviews about it and why I brought it. However this foundation is really lovely, it blends well and even though it is quite a thin consistency it gives me great covereage for my acne skin.

The only downside apart from the price is that it is quite perfumed, i would still repurchase though

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by jerzeegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I previously loved this product. It was my daytime HG. But Chanel, being one of the makeup companies which can never seem to leave well enough alone, has changed the "name/numbers"....and apparently the formulation as well. Not only is the color different, but the consistancy seems different as well. (I was a BR30 and am now
Beige Rose 32) Of course the S.A.'s INSIST only the numbers have been changed and perhaps I got a "bad batch". Has anyone else had this problem since Chanel changed the name/numbers? Thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by bitterrose1025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have normal to oily skin that tends to break out every so often. Even though the name has the word aqua in it, the finish isn't dewy when I wear it. It's matte either. It looks like skin which I find very rare in foundations. The coverage to me is medium. It covers very well without looking like a mask on your face. It does have a scent to it so that may be an issue for some. I don't notice it when its on my face and it's a nice rose scent.

I love the packaging because its plastic instead of the usual glass of the other Chanel foundations. It has a squeeze tube top which dispensing the perfect amount.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by dearlymakeup

***Update: After 4 months and 2/12 bottles later, I can say that this did end up drying out my skin, caused infrequent breakouts, and needed to be heavily set with either a powder or spray to last. The alcohol in the ingredients is a real shame. I've switched to Nars Sheer Glow and that is having a much better effect on my skin.

Skin type:
Uneven texture, slight hyper-pigmentation and a few acne scars, redness, combination skin.

Previously used foundations for a year or longer :
1. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow
2. Revlon Colorstay
3. Estee Lauder Double Wear
4. Clinique Super Balenced
5. Clinique Superfit

Review of Vitalumiere Aqua:
1.You must shake the bottle well before each application to get the creamy gel-like formula.
2. I apply with a flat top brush in sections and find that the formulation is extremely forgiving and can be used in this way.
3. If I do need to layer, I don't notice any caking (unlike my Clinique and Revlon foundations)
4. I do not need to use any primer with this foundation!!!
5. If I will be out for 4+ hrs I need to set with a loose powder.

****The BEST thing**** about this foundation is the amount of product that sits on my skin all day. There really is something to the 'light-bending' properties of this foundation. I use very little and the result is flawless skin. No oxidization, no patchiness, no irritation...just lovely natural skin. Before, I was layering and layering and using quite a bit of setting powder and concealer to try and achieve the same results.

Warning:
This is probably not for those who like a MATTE or opaque complexion. The result is very natural and if you prefer something else, then I would not recommend this foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by irinachka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a a few samples of this to really test it out. And I have to say I like it a lot.
At first a lady matched me up to B20, which was too dark, but i still wore it at home to see if i like the texture. I actually wore it with with Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (one side of the face Chanel and the other Mercier). And immediately I noticed that Laura Mercier was was too oily on my skin, I mean it might work on someone with dry skin better.
A week later i went to try B10 and it was still too dark, but heck I was soo disappointed, but i did not want to give up so i went for another sample and asked the lady to really shake the bottle and when i came home the match was a perfect one.
The staying power is about 4-5 hours, then it needs touch-ups but i never do.
Its a really good foundation for someone with normal/oily skin. The coverage is perfect, I blend with my fingers.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by oojennie86oo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

There isn't anything negative that I can say about this foundation. I was intrigued to try it because of all the rave reviews, but at the same time terrified because I have such oily skin. The fact that there wasn't anything on the packaging that said "matte" or "oil control" turned me off for months. I finally gave in and I have to say, I'm soooo glad i did! This is by far the BEST foundation I have every tried! It literally makes my skin look flawless, even when I have active breakouts. What I love is that you can get sheer coverage when your skin is working for you and at the same time you can build it up when you're looking for more coverage. It's easily blend-able and it really feels like you're not wearing any makeup whatsoever! Sometimes I even forget I have it on. I also love that after about 4-5 hours of wearing it, my skin didn't look oily. (It usually does with other foundations.) I do however set it with a loose powder. I'm not brave enough to wear it on its own yet ;) The price was about $45 which is typically more than I would like to spend on an everyday foundation, but it makes my skin feel and look so good that I find it totally worth it! It has never made me break out or have any kind of reaction which is also something that frightens me about trying new foundations! I would definitely recommend this to anyone that's looking for a natural feeling and natural looking foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 6:12:00 AM More reviews by AnnaTheFlautist

Creates a flawless, natural finish. I was concerned about how light-weight it was, and if it would cover my pimples and redness but suprising it did! I don't even have to use concealor on the pimples (which usually turns out cakey) and also, the foundation didn't create that dry ugly finish over the blemishes :D

Although it looks TINY for product sooo expensive, I only need one squeeze (if you use a foundation brush, which I have been using). I have been using the Sheer Illuminating Base underneath, which is like a dream in a bottle. Heavenly!

Also, it does not turn my chin black when I practise my flute (which is RARE).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by giiorgia89

.. Of course the price...is really expensive..(40 euros in Italy), but the product is amazing on my skin, I have normal to dry skin, and this is the lighness that I was looking for.. The packaging is so handy...
one advise, this foundation has got bifasic formula, so you have to shake it very well before to use it.