Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 5/22/2012 3:50:00 PM

I have this in Beige Tendre, B20, and I feel that it is too dark for my fair skin. I have to say, I really don't see what the fuss is about. I have to shake it extremely vigorously, and sometimes, it is still a separated, runny mess. The coverage is odd--it accentuates lines and dry patches but doesn't cover what I need covered, like redness around my nose. I also can't stand the smell, like cleaning chemicals.

on 5/22/2012 3:37:00 PM

I really want to love this product. For once I actually like the smell in this foundation, it smells expensive and not offensive at all.

Anyway, I just cannot bring myself to work with it. I have combination skin (my t-zone gets oily, especially my nose and chin area) pretty fast. This foundation is easy to apply, lightweight and personally color matches well (I'm NC15 and use B10), finish is not flat at all and coverage is actually very good considering how light it is (one layer - medium coverage, definitely buildable).

However! It doesn't last very long (I used primer on my T-zone as that's the most problematic area for fdtn to stay on for me). It also transfers when I blotted. My t-zone got oily by hour 3 and I can feel the foundation coming off -> gross.

Also, this foundation will cling on to dry patches! I've tried applying with my fingers, stippling method and with regular foundation brush. While stippling method gives the best result, it still clung to the dry patches that I thought I don't have because I always moisturize very well before putting on MU. I've also tried wetting my brush to see if that would work --> nope, albeit a little better, but still no.

I'm going to try mixing the foundation with my moisturizer to see if it helps. And also exfoliate well before applying (which I HATE, and my skin hates it too, plus my derm said not to exfoliate often).

I feel that dry skin ladies would have better luck with it staying on, but make sure you moisturize your skin SUPER well to avoid dry patches showing through.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation. It gives me just the right amount of coverage. I like for my skin to show through however I do have some acne scarring that I want to cover. This foundation is perfect for that.

The finish is so natural. Even though I have oily skin, I set this with powder and then I don't get greasy all day. Normally I have issues with oxidation with every foundation. This does not cause oxidation on my chin where I get very oily.

I got a sample of this from my Chanel counter and as soon as I run out I definitely will purchase this foundation. It is amazing and worth the hefty price tag.

I bought this as an everyday light foundation, i do not have any manor problems to cover but still like the nice canvas that foundations create,
This feels gorgeous when applied, very lightweight,nice light fragrance,easy to blend and perfect skin.
But it does not last at all,it seems to disappear after a couple of hours. So for the price given, 48 euros, i would not buy again. Packaging is simple, easy to use and shake and travel friendly.

on 5/4/2012 5:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Fabulous foundation, feels light on the skin and doesn't look cakey when you pile it on. Coverage is alright, not great, but maybe that's because I don't build it up as I go for the more natural look hehe. Face doesn't feel clogged when wearing it, still feels like my skin can breathe. Bit pricey I know, but its one of the more natural feeling foundations I think. Gets bit annoying at times when you've shaken it, but still comes out like water, so you'll have to do it all over again. I don't need a massive amount each time as it spreads quite well. Definitely will buy again when I'm done with my one now! :)

on 5/4/2012 11:21:00 AM

This product is a life changer for me. I have very acne prone skin that never responds well to any sort of foundation. This one, however, has caused me absolutely no problem and I have been using for 4 months now, almost every day. It is a light foundation that blends easily and can be built up well if needed. It even has a nice fragrance, that still doesn't cause break outs. It is best applied with hands and you HAVE to remember to shake it well or else it is going to waste. I will never regret buying this and hope to buy another when I run out. The only set back is the price... But that's because this foundation is a LUXURY. best foundation I've ever used. I seriously recommend this.

on 5/2/2012 12:18:00 PM

I've been using the Chanel Vitalumière Aqua now for approximately 5 months. And it has given me various results. First of all it doesn't give great coverage. I'd say it's a medium/light maybe, but it is most definitely buildable. For my acne prone skin it hasn't broken me out, and it doesn't feel drying or harsh on my sensitive and already quite dry skin.

However, I do feel like it's rather hard to apply, and for me that is quite a minus. I usually have quite a rush in the morning and need to be able to do my makeup in at least under 10 minutes. And I feel like it sticks to some parts of my skin, especially where I already have slight traces of acne pigmentation and scarring, it sort of enhances the problem. I also have the need for better coverage on my cheeks as I suffer from very red skin there. And this foundation didn't at all give me that, and the more I built it up I just felt like it became more and more obvious I was wearing foundation which isn't very positive in my case.

After working with it for a couple of months now, I feel like I've finally figured out how to layer it on my skin. Cause it is a really good foundation, but I just believe that you have to have better skin than me, or just be okay with wearing more concealer than usual. Which I ended up with doing. Cause on the parts of my skin that aren't discolored etc. it looked great! But unfortunately I need better coverage than this foundation could offer me.

I really wanted this to work because it is the closest I have ever found to matching my skin. Not too pink, orange, or yellow. I picked up several samples and had been trying them out, and as I did I asked my son to rate the way it looked on a scale of 1-10. For this one, he gave me an 11. Kids are very honest, so I was so happy that it matched that well. BUT, I wore it to the mall one day and I was in the dressing room and got a glimpse of it in the mirror. After wearing it for a few hours it looked horrible. It was oily, patchy, and just not a good look. I set it with powder and used primer before I left the house. It is just not worth the hype. So glad I didn't purchase one.

on 4/29/2012 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Expected more from Chanel. I was not put off by the price but what I dislike about this product is:1) scent, alcohol 2) texture, it sinks in but in a bad way...accentuates lines/pores 3) packaging, can't tell how much product remains 4) process, must shake thoroughly

on 4/27/2012 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This product has so much potential, and I almost feel bad giving it 3 lippies because it could work amazingly for someone else, but it just didn't for me.

I was attracted to this product because of the gel/watery texture and the color range. The texture of this product is amazing, and reminds me a lot of MUFE F&B. It really allows the product to just melt into the skin and look completely natural. The fact that BR10 is the closest match to my skin tone I've ever come across helps too.

Unfortunately, that's the end of the good things I can say about this foundation, so now on to the bad. My skin is oily, and I knew when I decided to try this foundation that it would not stay matte. However, I expected to be able to use blotting sheets and powder for a touch up and be good to go again. That wasn't the case. Instead, the foundation oxidized on me. Not horribly, but it was no longer the perfect color match I had started with. Also, the foundation seemed have broken apart? It's really difficult to describe because I've never experienced this before with a foundation. Basically, with most foundations I can touch them up to make them look good again, but I couldn't really do that with this foundation. On top of that, it broke me out in little white heads and clogged my pores. I've never had a foundation break me out so this really surprised me.

So back to the potential. Although this didn't work for me, if you have normal or dry skin and are not acne prone I would definitely try this, it could be exactly what you're looking for.