October 2, 2014 | 1829 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by 6thmercury

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this since it's great on my skin. I can put this before my makeup and makes a great primer. I did use this with a moisturizer with SA and the moisture-ness didnt last since the moisturize with SA dried out my face. So I just used with my regular moisturizer and it was a perfect fit! I'm gonna see if this moisturizer is great on the winter time where my face is really dry!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this product in ELLE Canada magazine. I like it, it's very similar to some of the more expensive hydrating serums I've tried (Avene soothing serum, Vichy Aqualia, Clinique). However, why is there such a high amount of alcohol in a hydrating product??? I'm very curious about this, and it does concern me, as alcohol can increase cell damage, and free radicals. Otherwise, I think this is a great dupe for some higher end brands, from what I've experienced it doesn't smell like anything and does not irritate my skin at all. This would be nice to layer under a lighter moisturizer with SPF during the winter time to add more hydration to the skin. Also, this contains menthol which is potentially irritating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this! Lightweight yet moisturizing, and the scent is cucumbery-minty. Absorbs quickly and non-sticky. Lovely. A little does a lot. No SPF though so best for nighttime use (or if you know you really won't be outside for long!) It really is a gel-cream hybrid! Very good.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by rachel85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really didnt like this product because it really didnt moisterize my face like i thought it was gonna or what not ... idk i wouldnt buy it again it isnt for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am currently using Avon Complete Balance night gel (which is oil free, and helps with dryness for oilyskin, hasnt broken me out...holy grail moisturizer very similar to this gel cream lotion). Anyway, It was interesting to see a sample of Moisture Rescue featured in Allure magazine. I tried it, and it works identical to Avon's. This is perfect dupe for Avon Complete Balance Night Gel. Also, I am avid user of Clinique DDMG, and Moisture Rescue is thicker than DDMG, and shinier. DDMG is more a satin finish since its a lotion. I still think Moisture Rescue would not replace my DDMG, I would put DDMG in a different category of moisturizers,, its more of a gel cream, and Moisture Rescue reminds more of a gel serum.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by xradiance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using Clinique's DDMG for over a year now, but for a few months I've noticed that is doesn't moisturize the flakes I have on my cheeks. I was thinking of getting a better Clinique moisturizer but paying 30 dollars for one didn't fit my budget so I gave Garnier Moisture Rescue a try.

So far I've had it a week and I love it! The cooling sensation is nice, it spreads well, absorbs well, smells good and clears the flakes I get from using my Cor Silver Soap. (which I highly recommend, cleared me up like crazy!) To be sanitary, I shake the jar so that moisturizer lands on the top and I use that instead of sticking my fingers in.

So overall, it moisturizes better then DDMG, smells better, and the price is great, doesn't break me out or make me oily, and makes my skin soft and remedies my flakey skin!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Crys319

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just bought Garnier Moisture Rescue both with and without SPF and they are fabulous! The gel/cream spreads well, absorbs quickly and doesn't irritate my face/eyes at all. Also, the cooling sensation from both versions really helps alleviate redness, maybe even better than my usual Aveeno Ultra-Calming. I have very sensitive skin with eczema so I can really say this is non-irritating. It's a great summer routine and the cucumber scent is really light and uplifting.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

I tried the free sample first and really liked this. Used the coupon and got this for around $6 from Walmart. I have combo skin and this is just right for now. Winter I will probably need something heavier. I wish it had sunscreen, but there is a lotion version which is SPF15. I may try that next time. Overall a great product for a great price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ora613

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's nice and refreshing and not at all greasy. But where's the sunscreen? This is not nearly moisturizing enough for night. Don't tell me I should use this with another sunscreen or moisturizer or serum or whatever. I already use primer, foundation and concealer. I may be an mu junkie, but enough already...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by creamyki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent product with good price! I just started using it, but can't wait to purchase another one.