October 20, 2014 | 1913 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Functions Whitening UV Protection SPF25 PA++ (Hot Pink)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by NovelTwist

Packaging - Cute, easy to use pump. However, no way to tell how much product is remaining and it is rather bulky. But overall, I like the packaging very much.

Product - For reference, I'm NC25/30 and very yellow toned. (B30 in chanel vitalumiere aqua, #23 in MUFE F&B) This definitely has a gray cast, as do most BB creams I've tried, but it does warm up slightly on the skin and I usually use MSFN in medium plus or medium dark over it to blend it in better. The consistency is very thick, almost like a cream, but very blendable. The way I like to apply it is by warming it up between my fingers and PATTING it all over the face (as if you were applying moisturizer) and then blend out. I find that if I blend initially, it will sheer out too much and be buffed away, leaving me with absolutely no coverage. It doesn't cover blemish spots, but will reduce some redness. I have oily skin, and this gives me a natural finish, doesn't cause me to be overly oily during the day but also doesn't accentuate any dry flaky spots. With regards to layering and buildability, I don't think BB creams can be layered comfortably. Sure you can increase the coverage by layering it on, but because it's more of a cream, it will be uncomfortably thick on the skin imo. That's why I prefer to pat it into the skin, like a tinted moisturizer, and put on MSFN after if i need to cover more.

Overall - I like this very much. It's perfect for everyday, with SPF25+++, and it's light (if you don't try to layer on too much). I am very acne prone and it hasnt given me any problems (I do use a cleansing oil and a clarisonic during my nightly cleanse though). Another BB cream I have used that I can compare this to is the Missha Perfect Cover, and I **hated** that one. It was greasy feeling, and caused serious clogged pores and breakouts. So by far, this one is best for me. But as always with foundation or any skin products, please try it out yourself.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Prncs06

Wore this today, and received compliments on how natural it looked. I have oily/sensitive skin, and this product works great for my skin. It covers well yet doesn't look or feel like a mask. As far as color goes- I had no problems with this matching my skin tone. Seems to adjust nicely. If in doubt, my advice is to set it with a colored powder. I also have the skin79 gold, and although I like it too, it's made for normal skin and only works for me during the winter and drier months.

Application tip:
I have tried wearing this both with and without moisturizer underneath (the product has a built-in light moisturizer). For me, using with moisturizer works best. I actually found that on the days where I don't wear moisturizer, the product seems to melt off my face (or possibly just be absorbed into?) much faster. I'm an oily mess by the end of the workday! Wearing moisturizer alleviates this problem and keeps me looking fresher, longer. As far as actual application, fingers work best for me. I squirt a bit of product onto the back of my hand, use my finger to dot it around my face, then blend in with my fingertips. I will apply a little extra to the areas that need extra coverage.

I think the packaging is quite cute, but agree with other reviewers that it is also bulky and not great for travel. Love the pump system, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by adipose

I'm not sure how to rate this product as I've only used it a handful of times, mostly unsuccessfully. I'm also the opposite of makeup savvy, so perhaps you should take my words with a grain of salt; I'm not even sure if I'm applying it correctly!
PROS:
I suppose to be fair, the product does what it claims to.
According to reviews I read, this bb cream seemed well-suited for me: my skin is slightly oily and, while it's not awesome (indeed, it's very 'meh'), my flaws aren't extremely noticeable: a bit of redness around my nose, a bit of hyperpigmentation due to acne scars, a few pitted acne scars, discoloration around my lips, and somewhat large pores along forehead. The product works very well in covering all these imperfections.
Others have mentioned oil-control as well since it's a mattifying cream. To segue to the cons---
CONS:
> Too drying (I have a slightly oily t-zone and mostly normal skin elsewhere). Perhaps drying is not the best word here. I'm not sure how to describe it, but every time I apply the product, I feel an unpleasant sensation across my face. Kind of drying and kind of tightening, a constant reminder that I have...stuff...on my face.
I've tried using foundation once before, and it was even more annoying, so bb creams are certainly no worse than the alternative. Maybe it's because I don't wear makeup, so I cannot adjust well to the foreign sensation of...stuff...on my face.
> Too mattifying? My face looks unnaturally matte to the point of dullness. No more dewy sheen.
> The color is weird. Lots of people seem to have this problem, and I thought I evaded the issue, because it blended nicely onto the back of my hand.
Nevertheless, there seems to be a consensus among Pale Asians that the color suits them. I am not a particularly pale Asian...I would say more on the pale of side of medium? Somewhat olive, even? At any rate, I feel like my face looks anemically gray up close. From a distance it doesn't look unnatural, but up close it looks ghastly.
Also, up close, it just looks too unnatural, too conspicuous; it looks like I've got...stuff...caked on when I'm only using it very sparingly. Sure, from a distance, under certain lighting conditions, it looks fine, but upon closer scrutiny, it's just too ghastly, unnatural, zombie-like. I think I prefer my bare skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ASHMO420

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this BB cream to work for me! This was the first BB cream I've used and I was looking for a “foundation” product packed full of skin care ingredients. I have oily, acne-prone skin with significant scarring. I had hopes for the whitening agents to help diminish my scarring, but alas I couldn't use the product enough to even begin to see results.
The product broke me out and caused significant cystic acne on my cheeks and chin. I did originally use this product alone, but later mixed it with MUFE mat velvet- the finish was too "oily" on my already oily face. My mixture was about 2 parts BB cream 1 part mat velvet.
Acne prone or oily skinned women beware- this product may not work for you. Give it a test run (possibly buy a trial size?) before committing to this as your foundation. Oily skin types may want to consider a matte powder to finish the product (although this did not work for me by itself) or a matifying primer.
I cannot give this a horrible rating simply because the product itself isn't bad, my skin just did not agree with it. The finish could work well on normal to dry skin types-giving the skin a luminous finish. The coverage is nice for a BB cream-but may not be enough for those with skin discoloration and/or acne. The color blends well into your skin tone, but probably only for those who are fair-medium. The packaging is pretty and the pump is nice and sanitary, but it is impossible to tell how much product you have left.
Overall this could work wonders for those who already have decent skin, but if your skin is acne-prone, use with caution.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Vinid

This is the first bb cream I've bought.

Coverage:
medium. It makes me look naturally, but in some days I would prefer sth stronger.

Color:
it got one color, after few minutes it's quite pinkish, and glowing - yep "dewy" skin :3

Oil control:
well, just a bit. What is annoying, that it made my cheeks dry :/ so I need to put a moisturizing cream first, otherwise I've got "dry peels?" (dunno if it's correct in eng).

Overall:
yep, I would buy it again, but first I want to try others bb creams :)
Oh, and it has a kawaii packaging ^^

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by achen4

I just recently bought this BB cream and so far I really enjoy using it. It comes in a very sturdy pink container with a pump - which is very hygienic. However, I'm not a big fan of the size of the container, it is fairly large and not made for travel.

The product itself is a light-medium beige cream. I do not find it as thick as nor as gray as the Missha Perfect Cover BB cream. The color is a good match for my skin tone (NC 20-25). The thing I love the most is its ability to control oil production. I think this will be a good BB cream for oily-combination skin (which is what I have). I like to dab it all over my face and then blending it in with a Kabuki brush. This gives me the most natural and flawless finish. You don't even need a primer.

I think I will consider re-purchasing this again in the future, but there are just so many other BB creams out on the market and I would like to test out some of the other ones first.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by XxImmyxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first BB creme I tried. I've been using it for 6 months now and it is better than any foundation/tinted moisturiser I've used. I have acne-prone, oily, sensitive skin. However, this BB creme seems to work well with my skin. My skin feels less oily throughout the day and it actually improves the condition of my skin so I get less acne as the day wears on. It doesn't irritate my skin either. It gives medium coverage which is enough for me but you can build it up, and it pretty much matches my skin tone. However, it doesn't smell very good which has put me off recently wearing it, which is a shame. It also has grey undertones which is what ruins it the most! It can also feel a bit thick when applying it so I use a makeup sponge to even it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by smithm

So I have really really REALLY oily and acne prone skin.
As soon as I tried this, I was overjoyed.
The skin79 pink label bb cream is specifically designed for oily skin, and I think it helped ALOT with oil control.
This product is great, it evened out my skin tone and controlled my oil, a miracle in a bottle :)

To control my oil on my face, I apply Nivea Daily Essentials Shine Control after cleansing.
Then I dab on this BB cream, and blend with my fingers,It blends beautifully.
Then I dab on my Maybelline Shine Control pressed powder with a disposable sponge.
And to finish it all off, I just spray some water on my face with a spray bottle to set everything.

This works great for my oil, hope this helps :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by NaomiHa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this in the beginning of the year through a local asian market. I am 75% vietnamese with fair to medium beige skin.

I paid $30 for it.

The color comes out to a cool gray tone and makes me look sick or dead.
I didnt really notice about reducing scars or acne on my skin. (not a dramatic difference to notice). It does however conceal my undereye circles so I didnt have to use concealer at all.

I would not purchase this product again because
1) its pretty pricey
2) the pump stopped working after 6times and there was no way for me to get to the item so I end up having to throw it away ( i was fairly sad )
3) the packaging is very cheapy/poorly made. (cheap plastic)

If the product comes in a different easy accessible packaging I would definally buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by mailife4

When I need a fountain that will give me flawless skin, I use this product. It keeps my skin from feeling dry. My pores look nonexistence when I use this fountain. You don't need much and it gives you full coverage without feeling caked. The one thing I don't like is that it is found in one shade and sometimes it can make me look a bit ashy. But after 10 minutes of having the product on my face, my skin looks amazing.