August 29, 2014 | 1364 users online

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Khmergemini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PUR mineral rocks!
I used to buy the most expensive cosmetics but I hated pay top dollar to get the coverage I need.
So I ventured out to Ulta and came across this amazing product... It's fast and furious and gives the best coverage yet! I love PUR minerals... For the cost and coverage you're getting a deal..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by mizztree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination oily skin, meaning I'm sort of oily on some and extremely oil in the t-zone so making make-up stay on my face is impossibly hard.

Pur goes on in less than a minute, full coverage, matte, and gets the same results for half the price of the liquids I typically use. One problem - staying power. It doesn't stay on during the summer. Thankfully it's portable and touch ups are easy.

I've only used it with a kabuki brush so I can't say how well it would do with a sponge since it may not go on quite as well.

It does not feel heavy on my skin and my skin has been calm, no breakouts or blackheads when used in conjunction with my usual daily regime.

One *massive* complaint is that I run out *so* quickly. You might as well buy 2 when you go to pick it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by medtech

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product as the sample package, as I always am looking for a new makeup line. Let me tell you this powder is amazing! It does not settle into fine lines, it does not cake up on a blemish, it does not leave during a hot flash! The coverage is better than a liquid, full coverage foundation from a pricier line that I have used for years.
The only problem I have noticed is when you 1st apply this foundation, it does look dry on the skin. This gets better as your natural moisture helps it along.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by randi2515

I have never tried mineral makeup before this. I used to use a tinted moisturizer + foundation and thought I got decent coverage. After using this, I realized I was wrong because this has the best coverage I've ever seen. It's so easy to apply and it feels great after it's put on. I still use concealer under my eyes but this is by far the best makeup I've ever used. My skin is clearer than it's ever been too. DEFINATELY recommend.

**Edit: After about a year of using this, I realized this was causing me to have acne and just overall bad skin tone. My skin was constantly oily and I had acne around my chin and forehead (never had acne before this...) I am assuming it is the bismuth oxychloride and shea butter. After I stopped using, my acne cleared up and my skin tone looks much better. Started using Alima products and I love them. For people who aren't sensitive to bismuth, this would be a relatively good foundation. I did like it because it is "pressed powder" and looked good when applied, but hours later my pores looked huge and my skin was so oily. Would not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by melody8213

I will start out by saying I have been a BE junkie for about 5 years now. On some occasions I have noticed my pores looking quite large. Now, I am 42 years old so I figured not much would help reduce the look of the size of my pores. Recently I was surveyed by BE. The questions were asking whther I would try or buy another brand of Mineral foundation. I really thought "No Way". I recently received an ad from Ulta (where I normally purchase BE) with a sale on Pur Minerals. I looked up the reviews on Makeup alley and they were definately mixed. I purchased the Pur Minerals and I sware my pores have shrunk. I know that's not possible but I really feel that the shimmery "glow" from BE accentuates the size of pores. I will never go back. my skin is too mature for the glow of BE. I relnquished my BE stash to my 16 year old daughter. The Pur packaging is very neat and convenient and the sponge works well. I do however use my BE kabooki brush aong with the sponge. I would definately reccomend trying Pur minerals and beleive me I thought I would never try another mineral foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 10:20:00 AM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must say that this company has some of the worst customer service I’ve experienced. It took them 14 days just to ship my item and then once I returned it they said it would take up to 6 WEEKS for a refund. WOW that is just unacceptable. I suggested that they might want to benchmark Sephora’s shipping/return policy!

Obviously if I returned the product I wasn’t that pleased with it. I have oily skin around my chin and checks but dry skin on my nose and forehead. (Nice combo!) This makeup magnified the dry areas and did nothing for the oily areas. If anything I think it made my skin oilier. The coverage was only ok, it seemed to fade and rub off very easily. Also the color turned orange on me – which is never a good thing. I am still searching for that HG Foundation, I am now on to trying GloMinerals.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2008 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Jiggysmama42

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was VERY skeptical about trying this product. I have tried BE, JI, Jane, Physicians Formula, Almay, Cover Girl, you name. My overall opinion before Pur was that mineral makeup was pretty much shiny, glittery, not good coverage, and made my face VERY SLICK. But that's all changed now! I love this pressed foundation. Great coverage, natural looking, doesn't turn into weird colors, and it's reasonably priced. Another good reason I like this....it doesn't settle into my fine lines! Yeah!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Kylie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this product because Ulta was having a special. I got two for the price of one. One for me and one for my mom. We both love these minerals. It takes very little and it covers so well, it leaves my skin looking like porcelain, simply flawless. It also adds a nice glow without looking shiney. I have dry skin and this does not emphasize any dryness. I also am prone to breakouts but I have had no problems with this foundation. It never looks cakey on me, it actually looks better as the day goes on. It takes very little so this will last me a while. My mom will be 60 this year and this makes her skin look so soft and glowy. It covers redness reall well. I am very impressed!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by myonlineid23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This ended up breaking out my forehead, though the coverage was amazing .

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This gives decent coverage and is easy to use, but it comes off way too easy even when I use primer and setting spray. Worst of all, it makes me break out.
UPDATE: I ran out of my HG mineral foundation and I used this on its own, without my Revlon Colorstay under. I really like how it worked on its own. It looked too heavy over the colorstay, and it didn't come off as easily on my clothes when I used it by itself. I didn't break out after wearing it for about 4 days in a row either. I must have had some hormonal action going on when I first tried this.