Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

I have used the pressed Jane Iredale powder, and BE, but to me, this is far superior on my skin. At first, I will admit, it looks a little powdery, but after it wears on the skin for a short time, it becomes dewy and gives my skin a softness to the touch, and a glow...which I am all about :) I also feel my skin is becoming less red on the cheeks, and breaking out less since I have been using this. Coincidence? Not sure, but will keep using. Great product! Love that there is Shea Butter in it.

I found this product after my skin got destroyed by BE and EDM. It is amazing! I don't use any of their other items besides the foundation, and it is absolutely fabulous. I don't have any problems with acne, oil, and it glides on smoothly and stays put! Although it sometimes shows up on my nose (I have dry skin), it's not a problem. My skin looks flawless- I recommend this to everyone. I used to use the sponge, but now I use MAC's 150 brush, which still gives good coverage but doesn't cake it on like the sponge does!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been usung Pur Minerals for several months now. I like the fact that is pressed, and not loose, and with the 4-1, you don't have to keep layering one product after the other, as with Bare Escentuals. The chisel brush is great for working the powder into my slightly older skin. It conatins a sunscreen, and Shea butter, which adds some moisture and performs better with older skin than Bare Escentuals. Its more eonomical to use than Bare Escentuals, as you pay about $24.00 for the foundation, and don't need all the extra mineral veils, and you don't have to combine two different foundations! I just wish it would last a little longer! I use it as an eyeliner base as well, and with a smaller brush, it works real well as a cover up. Good product!

I wanted to love this foundation, but the color was not flattering at all. It didn't last long on me and my pores seemed to be magnified. I'll still use it for touch-ups because the portability is great, but I don't start the day with it. I'm usually BE medium beige or tan and I purchased the golden medium kit. I love the brush that came with the kit, but I didn't like the foundation color (too yellow), bronzer (too orange) or face color (too pink). I wish I liked it because I hate lugging around large pots of powder everywhere.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought the Pur-fect starter kit (which came with the foundation) a few days ago and thus far I love it. :)
I was VERY happy to come so close to my skin tone. I went to Ulta and was able to try the foundations so I didn't have to guess my shade. I first tried medium dark which seemed to be too pinkish for my skin tone and then tried dark which was too dark, but then tried deep which wasn't too dark (even though it is listed after dark), but didn't have the pink undertone which looked odd on my skin. I think I may have to pick a lighter shade when I lose the tan but for now the color matches well.
I payed $35 for the kit which is not cheap but definitely not as expensive as bare minerals or some of the other very pricey foundations. Plus the kit came with a brush, mineral glow, and marble powder in addition to the foundation.
The coverage is good and can be controlled by how much poweder you apply. I can fade and even cover my acne scars with a light layer of powder.
Since I do have such an oily T-zone I do require a quick touch up on my nose, but overall the coverage lasts all day.
The only not so great thing I can find about the pur minerals foundation is that it contains bismuth oxycholoride, which cause some people's skin to react badly. While I can't comment on the long term effects because I've only used it 3 times I haven't had any skin irritation yet so hopefully I won't have a problem, but I'll come back and edit my review if I do.
Recommended :)
EDIT (1/5/09): Still using this foundation and still lovin' it! My tan is gone so I went back to Ulta and purchased the medium dark foundation (which appeared odd when my skin was darker, but is now a great match). I haven't had any bad reactions to it, it can be used as a concealer and I love that it is so quick and easy to apply. I can literally apply this in less than a minute.

I've been searching high and long for the perfect mineral makeup. I had high hopes for this product but it did not work for me. Initially the coverage is good but I find that it fades pretty quickly...even with a primer.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

PUR mineral rocks!
I used to buy the most expensive cosmetics but I hated pay top dollar to get the coverage I need.
So I ventured out to Ulta and came across this amazing product... It's fast and furious and gives the best coverage yet! I love PUR minerals... For the cost and coverage you're getting a deal..

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have combination oily skin, meaning I'm sort of oily on some and extremely oil in the t-zone so making make-up stay on my face is impossibly hard.

Pur goes on in less than a minute, full coverage, matte, and gets the same results for half the price of the liquids I typically use. One problem - staying power. It doesn't stay on during the summer. Thankfully it's portable and touch ups are easy.

I've only used it with a kabuki brush so I can't say how well it would do with a sponge since it may not go on quite as well.

It does not feel heavy on my skin and my skin has been calm, no breakouts or blackheads when used in conjunction with my usual daily regime.

One *massive* complaint is that I run out *so* quickly. You might as well buy 2 when you go to pick it up.

I bought this product as the sample package, as I always am looking for a new makeup line. Let me tell you this powder is amazing! It does not settle into fine lines, it does not cake up on a blemish, it does not leave during a hot flash! The coverage is better than a liquid, full coverage foundation from a pricier line that I have used for years.
The only problem I have noticed is when you 1st apply this foundation, it does look dry on the skin. This gets better as your natural moisture helps it along.

I have never tried mineral makeup before this. I used to use a tinted moisturizer + foundation and thought I got decent coverage. After using this, I realized I was wrong because this has the best coverage I've ever seen. It's so easy to apply and it feels great after it's put on. I still use concealer under my eyes but this is by far the best makeup I've ever used. My skin is clearer than it's ever been too. DEFINATELY recommend.

**Edit: After about a year of using this, I realized this was causing me to have acne and just overall bad skin tone. My skin was constantly oily and I had acne around my chin and forehead (never had acne before this...) I am assuming it is the bismuth oxychloride and shea butter. After I stopped using, my acne cleared up and my skin tone looks much better. Started using Alima products and I love them. For people who aren't sensitive to bismuth, this would be a relatively good foundation. I did like it because it is "pressed powder" and looked good when applied, but hours later my pores looked huge and my skin was so oily. Would not purchase again.