December 20, 2014 | 993 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Lilibeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Since I have this mascara I forget to use my lashcurler. This is the best new mascara in ten years! (and I have them all!!!)
This mascara has a quality that no other mascara has: not only it makes your lashes thicker and beautiful deep black, it also spreads the lashes like the tail of a peacock.
It gives the face an open fresh look.

Don't get confused by the form of the brush. Follow with the bow of the brush the form of your eyelid and comb the lashes. That's all.
Fake lashes would wish they look like my lashes LOL.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2010 7:25:00 AM More reviews by lushjunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was so exited to try this out and was SO DISAPPOINTED !!!
it made my lashes hard,clumpy and awful ! Its also really ,,harsh´´ to your eyes when you aplly it ! Horrible product there are WAY BETTER mascaras at the drugstore !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ayutateishi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a GREAT mascara. I personally think that it is one of Lancome's BEST mascara. Most of Lancome's mascara either flake horribly (Definicils Pro) or Smudge horribly (Definicils). This DOESN'T! It gives a good amount of length and TONS of volume. I even slept with this on...and while the curl completely went away, it only flaked a TEENY BIT. and I'm a Contact Lense wearer with sensitive eyes, and this doesn't bother me! It can feel a little heavy on the lashes though. I use the Shu Uemura lash curler. This mascara doesn't hold a curl very well. After 7 hours, the curls is completely gone. ONE coat is everyday natural, and TWO is insane volume and REALLY DRAMATIC LASHES! THREE coats is CLUMPCLUMPCLUMP. I really like the brush of this mascara. I also really like the formula. It's not so wet like other Lancome mascaras. The formula does have a STRONG rose scent. It's not unpleasant, but you can definitely smell it while applying the mascara. It goes away after a while.
I like this mascara a lot, but it is a little too dramatic for me. I would buy again, and keep it in my makeup kit for special occasions, like dances and such.

PROS:
-Lots of Volume with no clumping (clumps at the third coat...but you really don't need a third coat)
-Good amount of length
-Really dark
-Flakes only a TEENY bit (but I rub my eyes a lot)
-Doesn't smudge (I have REALLY watery eyes, and it might smudge just a little...and I mean so little you can't really tell)
-Doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes
-Nice brush

CONS:
-expensive
-rose scent (which I personally don't really care for. It's not bad or untolerable though)
-doesn't hold curl really well

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Rice27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I can see the mixed feelings on this mascara but I'm gonna have to say I LOVE IT. There's a technique to it that never fails me and I was tought this buy my favorite SA makeup artist, Fred :) He told me: use the "s" curve side first, going side to side in short motions as you move up along the lashes, if that makes any sense! THEN turn the "s" curve down and move the other side of the brush up the lashes to push them up and volumize. At that stage you do not move side to side. I was sold on this product because of the results from this application! It looks like I have false eyelashes on and even more so when you do more than one application. EVERYONE is distracted from any flaws on my face (I have so many) to my long, dramatic eyelashes! It really makes my green eyes pop. I have no issue with the drying time...it seems to be the same as any other mascara...it's not waterproof though, if that matters to you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Femf8al

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

have to admit this mascara is problematic, but I love it. I went to sephora to get my usual favorite Hypnose in deep black but they where out so i got this instead. First time i tried it, hated it. It was the epitome of clump. The color was great though. Very dark glossy black. So, i played around with it. The "S" shaped brush concept is useless because no matter what you do too much product is deposited. I apply it using the side with the bristles (not the flat part) and carefully swipe. Sometime it comes out perfect other times a bit off looking. Then, before it dries (this is why I do an eye at a time) wipe my lashes with the side of my finger to get rid of any excess and separate (which i find myself doing to most mascaras anyway ). Beautiful long lush defined lashes. I get asked all the time what mascara i use. dollymix fit (i think thats it) has great pics of this on her blog.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by larsonwendy

It lengthens- but it also clumps up a storm.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Jeanjeanvaljean

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the first Lancome product I've ever owned. I received a sample size of this from a kind MA when making a large Armani purchase a month ago. I ignored this mascara for a few weeks and then tried it out. Wow!

This is a fantastic volumizer. It builds nicely, though I generally only use one swipe. It can make my (long) eyelashes truly horrifically long (ie, touching my eyebrows long.) But it's volumizing abilities ... wow!!! This lives up to my old love, Dior's long-discontinued Maximeyes.

There are some cons to this. It does flake a little, and it takes a while to dry. The flaking really is minimal, though. Also, though it ostensibly comes in both black and brown, I've only ever found the black. And it does not come in a waterproof version, either.

About my eyelashes:
I have long blonde eyelashes. They're not thick (can eyelashes be thick?) but not thin, either. I've never needed to use a curler on them, since they curl up naturally on their own. So I have no idea whether this mascara can 'hold' a curl or not (it did not affect my natural curl, though.)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by niomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know why there are so many bad review of this product - I really like it. I've only been using it for a few days so maybe my opinion will change but it's been a positive experience so far.
I went to the makeup counter and asked the lady for something that would give good volume and told her that i didnt need a "lengthening mascara" because my eyelashes are already pretty long. She showed me this new mascara and (maybe it was an impulse buy) she was wearing it and it looked great!
When i put it on the next day i saw the cons to it - The brush was a little tricky to maneuver and i did accidentally touch it to my eyelid a couple of times and also i was impatient and made it clump, but now after trying it for a couple days and figuring out how to use the brush and being patient it goes on so smoothly and my lashes look fantastic!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by MissKrimson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like I said before and I'll say again. I really am not a Lancome person.... but I was really surprised by this mascara. I am one to wear fake lashes so when I tried this I was pleased with the fact that it built volume really well and fast and length as well. I hate the original formula of this mascara (hypnose) but I would definitely would recommend this one!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Being a lover of the original Hypnose I decided to try this after the lady at the lancome counter said such good things about it. Do not fall for it. I brought it home thinking I was going to have the most lucious lashes in the world, but the brush that's supposed to be so easy to use is horrible! The forumula is way too thin and takes forever to dry and the brush holds a LOT of it. And being the idiot I am I threw the receipt away before i tried it because I thought all lancome products were amazing. I won't be doing that again