November 24, 2014 | 2010 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 10:57:00 PM More reviews by devmar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Being a lover of the original Hypnose I decided to try this after the lady at the lancome counter said such good things about it. Do not fall for it. I brought it home thinking I was going to have the most lucious lashes in the world, but the brush that's supposed to be so easy to use is horrible! The forumula is way too thin and takes forever to dry and the brush holds a LOT of it. And being the idiot I am I threw the receipt away before i tried it because I thought all lancome products were amazing. I won't be doing that again

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Chipsterella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this for about a week - until it started getting extremely clumpy, quicker than any other mascara I have ever had, cheap brands included. For the first week it gave me beautiful long and thick lashes, but now it just leaves a clumpy mess. Too expensive for a few days of pretty lashes. But I still like it a lot more than the regular Hypnose which I disliked from the very beginning.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lolipophavok

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This new mascara from Lancome offers a unique brush in an "S" shape. It works great and makes my lashes look as if I almost have false eyelashes on. The down side I can see for many people however is that unless the beauty advisor explains to you at the counter how to use it can be a bit confusing in regards to correct application. My advise to anyone is to sit down and let a beauty advisor explain how to properly apply the mascara. I also like the fact that it also doesn't feel like my lashes are being weighed down by overly coated. Absolutely one of Lancome's better mascaras out there right now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am really liking this! I had the Smoky Lash but it flaked sooo badly! I learned from the SA at the Lancome counter that the brush is to be used on the curved side, to coat the lashes, and the other is used to separate the lashes. (I know, both sides are curved, but she showed me how to do it). I loved the Fatale, and can't find anything like it. I hope this replaces it, but I won't put it up to HG status just yet...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by debscar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

What a horrible mess. You couldn't even see the brush from all the mascara on the wand. I have never seen mascara this awful. I just went to the Chanel counter and picked up what Jennifer Aniston wore at the premiere of the bounty hunter. It's called inimitable and her lashes looked beautiful....we shall see! As for this, it goes back tomorrow!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by mel0974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Clumpy and stinging! Aweful! I have used Definicils in the past and it is ok-a good standby. Especially if you get it in a bonus. I think this is a waste of time and money unless you want a clumpy mascara that never comes off!!!!!!!!!!!! I even use the Lancome makeup remover which is the best and the crap would not come off and it took 15 lashes with it! I love the look of dramatic eyelashes as I have a lot of them but they are straight. Avon Superfull for 2.99 is the best mascara yet. Do not waste your money!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by ViMaquillage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this simply out of a whim. I've used Benefit's BadGal Lash mascara for so long! It gives a natural look but buildable however I've found myself wanting...more. More volume, more length, more black.
I could've gone with Diorshow which I've tried in the past but I wanted to try something new. So when I saw this in an ad I knew this was it!

For the record I haven't used the original Hypnose so I don't know anything about the brush or formula.

Now back to the subject on hand, I quite like it. It's got an S-curved brush and rather wet formula. I can see why some people complain how this just clumps the lashes together which I've personally experienced. However after the first initial swipes, I like it.

It doesn't quite hold the curl as well as Covergirl Lashblast, but it also doesn't cause major lash fall outs! I use Boots eye make up remover and it takes it all off without a single lash fall out!

I would like to repurchase this mascara but I would also like to branch out more, so we'll see!

**EDIT**
Psh! Forget BadGal! This has been my go to mascara, I am on my 3rd tube and will be purchasing another one next month! I love it! I notice the difference, especially now that I'm applying Xalatan on my lashes(main ingredient in Latisse). I find that if I use just CG lash blast, I have a decent curl but when I use Hypnose--it's DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA--but in a non spidery legs way.

EDIT II:

I am ever loyal to this mascara--waterproof ONLY! I had learned a trick from Wayne of Gossmakeupartist on YT, which is to use a metal lash comber to build up the application. With this trick, the first application allows for a VERY natural look. It concentrates the formula on the roots then applies just the tiniest amount on the very ends, once it dries (which takes seconds) I can apply another coat straight from the tube if I want drama!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by MacPops

I will not repurchase this product. There is nothing at all about the formula that warrants the high price tag. I had such high hopes for it, but it truly is a poor forumla. I can name about 5 drugstore formulas that are much more effective and so much cheaper. I hope that the other Lancome mascaras are better than this one. If not, I can't imagine why some of them garner the high ratings. It thickens, but that's it. It pulls out any curl, both natural and un-natural. Just not a quality product. I wouldn't put my name on it if I had a line of cosmetics.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by andreya13

eyes are the most important to me and that is why I have always been in the search of the best mascara...3 years ago I found it, it was the regular Hypnose, I refused to try another thing...until the Hypnose Drama came on the market, & I was willing to give it a try just b/c it was a Lancome Hyp mascara...
it did not fail me, I am addicted to it, people are always complimenting my eyes and lashes, they're very long, stay curled without using my curler (I stopped using it since this mascara), very thick but not clumpy, and very black, I just love it & will def be buying it again and again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by corinnahornwall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

loved and hated this mascara. got it as a christmas present and have been using it since. The formula is very heavy and wet, the brush is really loaded with product. This causes the mascara to smudge up to my eyebrows and all over my eye area. However my lashes do look amazing, a Lot ov volume and they are long and dark. After using this for a while, I learn how to prevent lashes from clumping together. I use it with the oscillation promer which I love btw. This mascara is great for volume and drama, however it smudges while applicating. It doesn't smudge or flake through out the day though. I wouldn't buy this again and I will continue my search for the HG mascara.