September 14, 2014 | 2146 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Drama

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by ViMaquillage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this simply out of a whim. I've used Benefit's BadGal Lash mascara for so long! It gives a natural look but buildable however I've found myself wanting...more. More volume, more length, more black.
I could've gone with Diorshow which I've tried in the past but I wanted to try something new. So when I saw this in an ad I knew this was it!

For the record I haven't used the original Hypnose so I don't know anything about the brush or formula.

Now back to the subject on hand, I quite like it. It's got an S-curved brush and rather wet formula. I can see why some people complain how this just clumps the lashes together which I've personally experienced. However after the first initial swipes, I like it.

It doesn't quite hold the curl as well as Covergirl Lashblast, but it also doesn't cause major lash fall outs! I use Boots eye make up remover and it takes it all off without a single lash fall out!

I would like to repurchase this mascara but I would also like to branch out more, so we'll see!

**EDIT**
Psh! Forget BadGal! This has been my go to mascara, I am on my 3rd tube and will be purchasing another one next month! I love it! I notice the difference, especially now that I'm applying Xalatan on my lashes(main ingredient in Latisse). I find that if I use just CG lash blast, I have a decent curl but when I use Hypnose--it's DRAMA, DRAMA, DRAMA--but in a non spidery legs way.

EDIT II:

I am ever loyal to this mascara--waterproof ONLY! I had learned a trick from Wayne of Gossmakeupartist on YT, which is to use a metal lash comber to build up the application. With this trick, the first application allows for a VERY natural look. It concentrates the formula on the roots then applies just the tiniest amount on the very ends, once it dries (which takes seconds) I can apply another coat straight from the tube if I want drama!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by MacPops

I will not repurchase this product. There is nothing at all about the formula that warrants the high price tag. I had such high hopes for it, but it truly is a poor forumla. I can name about 5 drugstore formulas that are much more effective and so much cheaper. I hope that the other Lancome mascaras are better than this one. If not, I can't imagine why some of them garner the high ratings. It thickens, but that's it. It pulls out any curl, both natural and un-natural. Just not a quality product. I wouldn't put my name on it if I had a line of cosmetics.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by andreya13

eyes are the most important to me and that is why I have always been in the search of the best mascara...3 years ago I found it, it was the regular Hypnose, I refused to try another thing...until the Hypnose Drama came on the market, & I was willing to give it a try just b/c it was a Lancome Hyp mascara...
it did not fail me, I am addicted to it, people are always complimenting my eyes and lashes, they're very long, stay curled without using my curler (I stopped using it since this mascara), very thick but not clumpy, and very black, I just love it & will def be buying it again and again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by corinnahornwall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

loved and hated this mascara. got it as a christmas present and have been using it since. The formula is very heavy and wet, the brush is really loaded with product. This causes the mascara to smudge up to my eyebrows and all over my eye area. However my lashes do look amazing, a Lot ov volume and they are long and dark. After using this for a while, I learn how to prevent lashes from clumping together. I use it with the oscillation promer which I love btw. This mascara is great for volume and drama, however it smudges while applicating. It doesn't smudge or flake through out the day though. I wouldn't buy this again and I will continue my search for the HG mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by lgartistry

I just want to clarify the posting by dioraddict8

Hypnose Drama is the only mascara launched by Lancome since Oscillation over a year ago... Oscillation and Definicils are in the top ten best selling mascara's, world wide. I work as a freelance makeup artist and always choose Lancome mascara for my clients, because it's among the best in the world. THe hypnose Drama, in my opinion is amazing and creates a look similar to Oscillation, but fans the lashes out much nicer. I've found it to be far from cakey and clumpy. The mascara is worlds better than Diorshow, which does not fan the lashes at all- it simply builds volume with a brush that is over-sized. I used to work for the line, and I also wanted to add quickly that there Absolue Precious Cells is a product for someone who is concerned with UV damage or age-spotting of the face-- it has nothing to do with having a mature skin type. I would stand by this mascara 100 percent and have been working in the cosmetics industry for 10 plus years.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by princessxhx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love lancome mascaras but this product is terrible, the hypnose brush is farrrr better than the brush on hypnose drama, the bottle hardly touches the brissles of the brush as you pull it out, causing the brush to be coverd in thick, cakey, clumpy mascara. Once applied this mascara does nothink for length, adds slight volume but clumps lashes more than anythink, i have resulted to using my occillation brush to apply this mascara as i don't want it going to waste! would not recommend this product to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by 2westies

This was my first Lancome mascara and based on my experience it might be my last. I've waited months before reviewing to give it the benefit of the doubt, since most mascaras require some break-in period. On the plus side, the tube seems to go on and on and on; I've been using it for months and it shows no sign whatsoever of drying out. But to call that a plus is kind of like praising a restaurant with really lousy food just because they give huge portions. Product is super wet, goopy, clumpy, messy, lashes look crusty and overly mascara-ed, and not in a good way. Given the eccentric brush shape I assume it's meant to have a sweet spot, but however much I repositioned and rotated the brush, for the life of me I couldn't find it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by lisant72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! With one swipe my lashes are huge and curled and so thick - they look amazing. The brush also finds all of the little lashes - bonus! Plus it feels very light on and not heavy or irritating.
Best mascara ever - if you do get clumps just wipe excess off brush first - but I love this and I love how my eyelashes look and I love the compliments!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 11:38:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

Oh Lancome...ever notice how they come out with a new mascara, at least 2, every year. This year they are coming out with one called Hypnose Precious Cells (they also have a face cream called Absolue Precious Cells which is for mature skin). Anyway this is Hypnose Drama, which has a huge curved brush. Hypnose classic is a great mascara, you can build the volume up to six times. With this mascara, you only need one or two coats max. I do find it to be quite clumpy but I guess they are trying to compete with Diorshow.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by automaticprincess

Love love love this mascara....I don't understand all the negatives...just swipe the brush a bit to get the excess off and it really isn't that clumpy! I love it even better than the regular hynose!! Makes my lashes super long and thick!