December 20, 2014 | 1581 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2001 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Jenny

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: Good staying power, pretty colors, wand applicator is easy to use, clear packaging makes it easy to see the color and how much is left; CONS: on the expensive side (as of 7/25/01, each glossimer is $23.50); COMMENTS: Most of the shades are frosty/shimmery and have enough pigment to easily be worn without lipstick underneath. Some colors are a little difficult to spread evenly on the lips, and the texture is slightly sticky.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2001 7:36:00 PM More reviews by JT14

I love this in Spark! It is such a beautiful sheer red with gold shimmer to it. Also looks lovley over MAC O!

JT

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2001 11:14:00 AM More reviews by kmac

Sheer and sexy gloss. Not thick or heavy but with a lot of staying power. I have this in Soda a shimmery pink. Its worth the price and is one of the besy glosses I have tried. Looks great alone or over lipstick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2001 10:03:00 AM More reviews by cecil007chan

Love it!!
Not sticky, not gloppy, nice shimmer as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2001 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These are very nice glosses. they are not too thick and not to thin, they do not feel tacky on your lips and have no scent or taste. Some great colors are giggle, pulsar, twinkle and spark. A bit pricey, but well worth it--the color selection is gorgeous as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2001 3:34:00 PM More reviews by manon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Chanel Glossimers are more like liqiud lipstick than lipgloss. The pigmentation is deep, and the finish is usually more creamy or frosty than glossy. There are some truly gorgeous colors. I have only a few, though, because many are either too bright or pale for me. Spark is a sheer, shimmery red; Twinkle is a beautiful, frosty golden peachy pink; and Nectar, my favorite gloss right now, is a gorgeous sheer peachy orange with gold microglitter. They are expensive ($22.50, I think) but are worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2001 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Cynthia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that the colors are stunning & tempting. High pigmentation & nice gloss.
However...the the waxy coating & icy taste it left in my mouth was highly undesirable - actually made my toungue feel numb. Plus, it was so sticky, wearing it in any type of breeze would be dangerous to your hair (You know, your hair whips around & sticks to your lip gloss..eh, ewwww!)Even though I loved the color, the downside is bad enough that I wouldnt buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2001 5:21:00 PM More reviews by StilaLover

These are, by far, my favorite glosses. I have Whisper, a neutral beige (looks great with sunkissed skin) and Brilliance, a baby pink. The staying power is great, and The colors are gorgeous. My next purchase will be soda, and fabulous dark pink, or pulsar, a sparkly red. A tad pricey, but its worth it. If a 19 year old college student can afford it, anyone can!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2001 8:01:00 AM More reviews by D-Girl

I am not usually a fan of Chanel products, particularly her lip products, but, I must admit that these are good glosses. I have the blue one and I love the silvery effect it gives to my lips alone and over other lipsticks. These last a while and they stay on pretty well for a gloss. Tip: Try wearing the blue in the center of your lower lip to get a really cool pout.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2001 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Koni

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best lipgloss ever! The colors are beautiful and very long lasting. I have several colors and I especially love Soda (a bluish pink) and Coco Mademoiselle (a bright red). They don't feel tacky at all. The only drawback is that they are a slightly pricey.