Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner

3.7

on 6/4/2010 4:33:00 PM

This is the worst liquid liner ever. I decided to be budget conscious and get something other than my $20 Smashbox liner. Worst mistake. The end isn't a point and it doesn't go on evenly. I found I could see my eyeshadow through the liner in spots. It took on a grey-ish hue and wasn't very precise as they claim. I thought that this was a pen type liner, as I really dislike the lack of control the ones with the pot have, turns out I was wrong.

I'm returning this today after one use.

on 6/3/2010 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My Go-to Liquid eyeliner. great formula and the wand is perfect, not too stiff, not too wobbly. perfect for a precise application!!

Maybelline discontinued my favorite liner so they could push this more expensive Stiletto product line. So I tried this, and hated it. It goes on thin/watery and flakes off terribly before the day is over (neither of which happened with the original LineWorks liquid liners). Shame on you, Maybelline! I will no longer buy any Maybelline products because they discontinued a great liner so they could sell a lower-quality one for more money.

on 5/29/2010 8:30:00 PM

This is HG stuff. The tip of the pen thing, is not a brush, but not a marker. Its just a tip? But its so amazing, the perfect flimsy-ness but not to stiff. Draws an amazing line and is a deep amazing black. Go buy, available, and CHEAP:)

on 5/29/2010 12:27:00 PM

This was my first ever liquid liner purchase, and I am deeply in love with it! It creates thick and thin lines depending on if you use the tip or lay the applicator flat to apply the liquid liner. I purchased Line Stiletto in Blackest Black, and it is a very intense, pigmented black color. It doesn't smear or smudge at all, even when I rubbed my eyes. I have very oily lids, and smudging of eyeliner is always a big problem for me. With this liner, that was not an issue! ☺ The liquid liner has a satin finish and almost looks a bit wet, versus a typical matte finish from pencil, powder and gel liners. I really like this finish, as it makes everything look more dramatic, while the clean, sharp finish keeps everything from looking too dark and smoky for an everyday look.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

it's not pigmented, goes on watery and it flakes. even when i wear paintpot underneath it flakes. will not purchase again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

15 years ago when i was a highschool teen I used to wear liquid felt tip liners but they used to go on too thick. I loved the ease of putting them on but didn't want to sacrifice my e/s disappearing as a result. I've just started wearing liner on the top lids for a few months. All the d/s felt tip liner have received poor reviews so I went with WnW gel liners and Eco tools angled brush. They work amazingly well but unfortunately, I am such a procrastinator that I frequently rush out of the house. Therefore, my mu needs to be quick and I found that I was not fast enough with the gel liner. Fast forward a few weeks later and frequently eyeliner free, my beautiful best friend mentioned that she barely wears MU anymore and now only fills in her brows and uses maybelline stila eyeliner. I gave it a try and it is perfect for me! I feel like I'm just a beginner again and this is as easy to put on as it gets...and quick! It is able to go on thick or thin for me and lasts the entire day! I'm glad I gave this a chance afterall.

on 5/21/2010 6:22:00 PM

It is a bit difficult to apply. It clumps and doesn't glide on. When i would try to go over it again, it would flake off. I know its not waterproof but it does not last at all.

on 5/16/2010 4:58:00 PM

I'm always looking for a reasonably priced liquid liner with a decent formula and the thinnest possible applicator. This was not it. Although the price was OK and the felt tip applicator fairly precise and easy to use, the formula did not last me through the morning. I have oily eyelids, which are very hard on liquid liner, but other products have held up much better. I regret wasting my money on this. For reference, I bought it in black.

on 5/11/2010 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Great liner if you can find it at a value price, easy to use and and with fairly good staying power.