October 21, 2014 | 935 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - translucent loose powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2001 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Helen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A lovely fine milled loose powder that fees heavenly on the skin. It leaves a flawless, seamless finish. The only thing I didn't like was that this product contains talc.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2001 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Debra

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent powder for light skin - it gives a flawless finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2001 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Tara

This is the most amazing loose powder. It doesn't aggravate my acne-prone skin and it leaves it with the most amazing, natural finish. I transferred it into smaller containers and I keep them everywhere - at my parents, my in-laws, my sister's...I love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2001 4:27:00 PM More reviews by DianeL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is not a bad powder, but in my opinion it is not nearly as nice as T Le Clerc. Le Clerc has so many color choices for correcting, etc. plus I think the LeClerc gives a much more natural finish. The LM looked powdery and pale on me, no matter how lightly I put it on. The finish was too matte for me compared to LeClerc and it also seemed to dry my skin out. My LeClerc absorbs oil, but never dries my skin out.I use the Chair Ambree which is for all skin tones and the top seller. I also use bananae, but prefer the Ambree for day, bananae for night. I love the compact too, in Sable and it last me about 2 years because I only use it for touch ups once in a while when I am away from home. The one thing I don't like about LeClerc is the tin can. IT looks great, but the lid just sits on it, and if you are not careful, it will spill all over. LM has better packaging and price, but LeClerc has the better looking powder IMO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2001 9:46:00 PM More reviews by JT14

Just an all-around great product for any skintone. Whether applied with a puff or brush, this leaves such a nice silky finish. I would buy this over and over again.

JT

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2001 8:23:00 PM More reviews by DawnD

This is a wonderful powder..it goes on with a very silky finish and never looks "powdery". A perfect setting powder if you don't want/need added color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2001 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Alison

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my holy grail powder. It is a very finely triple milled powder that I press onto my skin (over foundation) with a Shiseido Velour Puff. It sets my makeup and makes it last much longer, and creates a very smooth finished appearance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2001 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely the best powder I have ever used. It doesn't break me out, and it doesn't cake on my combination skin. It's finely milled and doesn't change colors half way through the day.

UPDATE: After trying everything from drugstore to MAC to Chanel, this is still the best powder for my combination break out prone skin, and I always come back to this after straying. This doesn't dry out my skin. However, I did change to the Beige color because it's the perfect match for my NC35-42 skintone. It's the perfect yellow-based color. I only wish they made the Beige Loose Powder in a press powder form for touch ups.

UPDATE: My 5 year love affair is over with this powder. It's great at setting foundation, but it just doesn't control oil enough for me like I need it too. I've discovered MAC's Invisible Pro Setting Powder to be a better powder for me. It does more for my skin, and it's become my new holygrail. I haven't reach for my LM powder in weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2001 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Hannah1073

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

simply the best- absolutley transparent, invisible if used in the recommended way (press a small amount into a velour puff, tap off excess and press into skin)