E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.4

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 12/14/2011 11:50:00 AM

i really love this eyebrow kit! i have very light skin and blonde hair so a lot of bow products can be a bit to dark for me but the lighest shades work great. i love the wax it really fills and sets my brows for the day. it would be great if they included a highlighter sort of like the nyx push up bra for eyes does. but for 3 bucks i can use another product for that lol. great price and its lasted me over a year and its still going.

on 12/4/2011 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favorite, go-to eyebrow product. I have medium blonde hair and purchased this in the Ash color. The kit comes with a light and a dark color. Word to the wise: do not use the dark color. It is freakishly dark! As for the lighter color, this wax fills in and sets my brows in a very natural, easy way. I simply use the slanted end of the included applicator, dip it in the light colored wax, apply it evenly to my eyebrows and blend with a spoolie. It literally takes one minute to have nicely groomed eyebrows! Will definitely re-purchase! As a side note, I also have Smashbox's brow tech kit and I prefer the E.L.F. kit. And, the E.L.F. is so much cheaper. Great deal!

on 12/4/2011 2:25:00 PM

I went to target to get this eye brow kit.. after watching reviews on you tube...and being a year user of pencil to fill in the eye brows. I thought I'd give this a try and I'm so glad I did.. I love this for my eye brows.. I only fill them in because I've been letting them grow out and there are still a few little flaws here and there. I thought the medium was going to be to dark because I heard on youtube that it looks a lot darker on you than in the pan.. However its all they had so I figured I'd just try it and if I hated it I'd return it.. however it's perfect. I have black eye brows but light black... I have dark brown hair so this dark brow goes really good with my hair.. just make sure you light brush on the powder side or the staying power will suck. One day I didn't use toe powder to try it out... and the eye brow started fading as far as color... USE POWDER.. the applicator it comes with.. sucks.. except for the brush side and using that for the setting powder....

on 11/30/2011 1:47:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I ordered this in Dark few months ago. I`m devoted brow pencil user.
Fast and easy to fill in some sparsness in my black brows. The reason was the odd light brown colour of the powder side. No way it works w/ dark brows! But the wax side is dark enough. It was suprisingly easy to use with included applicator. I don`t own separate brow brush but slanted eyeliner brush would the job. Wax filled sparsness well and stayed put whole day indoors. I put some UDPP eyeprimer under like I do with pencils for longevity. It did take double the time to apply and more patience than with browpencil. And I need so little, just some "filling" near my nose. I`ll stick with pencils:)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

NOOO! They changed the color for the Ash eyebrow kit. I ordered the ash one 2 years ago and bought it again a few week ago and the colors are no longer the same! I loved loved loved the previous color and now the ash eyebrow kit is too light for me. Anyone know where I could buy a substitute for the previous ash brow color?? The color that I want is the powder on the right shown on the 4th picture above.

on 11/18/2011 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is something I've used for a few years and have been very happy with. I mostly use the wax side because the medium brown powder is not dark enough for my brows. I apply it with a Nars Eyebrow brush and it looks completely natural. It does need a touch up but I have not found a product that looks so natural even in daylight, so I will put up with that for now.

on 11/16/2011 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Kit is good but I use a different brush to the one that came with it. I'm NC25 and I got the medium colour which is quite dark - I have dark brown eyebrows so it matches pretty well.

on 11/13/2011 9:33:00 AM

I've completely hit pan on this thing, working on my next one. I use medium and it is just about the perfect color for my brows. A word of caution though, there is a lot of red in my natural hair color, and this powder tends to run very warm, so if you have cool tones it might not work as well for you.

The wax is a great consistency which could easily be used on its own. The powder is not cakey and blends well with the wax as long as you use a spoolie.

on 11/12/2011 1:16:00 PM

I think it is okay, but the lightes shade ash is quite warm toned and I expected cool toned gel side. I would buy it again, but it is not perfect color match for my eyebrows. I like that it has two sides, gel and setting powder, but I use more of my gel than powder. It is really good for that price.

on 11/9/2011 6:49:00 PM

Works Great. I bought the medium kit at target (I think they only have medium there) I use it to fill in my eyebrows, but they are not sparse, so I don't know how it would work for sparse eyebrows. I also don't use it to shape them, so again I can't comment on that. So for what my needs are I like it. Also I can't compare to much because I have never used any other brow kits. I've used a matte dark brown shadow and it looked good, but didn't last. I've also used clear gel, but hated the hardness and sheen of it. This is one reason why I like it so much, it doesn't give my brows that fake/shiny look. Also, I put it on this morning at like 6:30 am and at 3:30 pm it still looks good, 9 whole hours. I say for 3 dollars give it a try, the only problem I could see someone having is this being too dark. I have pretty dark hair and brows, not black, and no problem. So, that wouldn't be a problem with the actual product, just the shade. Oh and the little brush it comes with isn't too bad either. I have a higher end brow/liner brush, but can still use the one it comes with.
**UPDATE**
When I first wrote the review I was only using the wax side so once I had tried both the wax and the powder I realized that the powder made my eyebrows pull slightly reddish. No big deal for me because my natural hair does that in the sunlight. Since this product is so cheap and works well I still really like and will continue to buy even though I will; most likely stick to the wax side (Unless I find something better).

Popular Brows Products