December 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Elektro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product! ....Except the packaging is terrible.

I apply it to damp yet towel dried hair before blow drying. I have long hair and only apply this about halfway down and pay extra attention to the ends of my hair. I put some on my bangs too since they like to frizz up. I find that this stuff keeps my hair looking freshly cut every day and minimizes my split ends. My hair has a nice shine to it, and since i avoid the roots i never have a problem with oiliness and heaviness. I bought my original bottle in august and i still have half left.

On to the packaging....mine is the full size glass bottle with a twist cap. I guess the quality of the glass is good since i've dropped it and it hasn't broken. BUT i HATE the lid! I hate pouring it into my hand and sometimes getting too much cuz there's absolutely no flow control! Maybe there's a pump or something that i dont know about.... oh and i never bring this stuff travelling, the lid leaks and i've gotten this stuff on my clothes because of it.

Definite repurchase even though the packaging sucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by marquis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wonderful product. I add some of this to towel dried hair just before blowdrying. It reduces drying time and leaves my hair silky smooth. They have now added a pump to the bottle, which is so much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2010 7:06:00 AM More reviews by chia021

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My sister loves the smell of the moroccan oil. To be honest, some people either love it or hate it. For me, I don't particularly like it.

Basically, this product aims to moisturize your hair ends without it being crunchy, oily, or leave residue on your hands. It's quite amazing how easily my hair absorbs the oil, as if it's a serum. I use about 2 pumps on my hair. My sister on the other hand uses 4 pumps and you will notice the difference. A 100mL bottle will last you approximately 3-6 months depending on your usage.

So does it really treat your hair over the long run? I'm not too sure if it really does. I suppose it will prevent split ends, but it won't do much to chemically processed hair that is severely depleted of keratin/protein. You will still need regular protein treatments and a leave-in conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Azizeh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this oil. I get The Brazilian Blowout done on my hair. It isn't curly, but it's thick with the individual strands being fine. The problem with my hair is the texture. Without a flat iron, it is fluffy. Humidity does the same thing, and I live on the beach.

I hated The Brazilian Blowout products, and am trying to keep my hair moisturized so I can grow it longer. I can add this oil to my hair many times a day and it is never weighed down, never looks or feels greasy. Love the smell and my hair is so shiny. Recommend the whole line.

I do have to wash my hands very carefully afterwards, otherwise the product will be stuck to my skin. Only improvement would be if it came in a pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by melanwal

I bought the moroccan oil products recently from a local beauty supply outlet and absolutely love them. I use the shampoo and conditioner. I have been dying my hair for years and have tried many different salon quality shampoo and department store brands. I have to say that this is by far my favourite product yet. My hair smells amazing, has more shine and seems all together more manageable. I also find that I don't have to wash my hair as frequently. It is a bit pricey for the size of bottle you get but you only need a small amount. You get a lot of bang for your buck. I really thought this was going to be another product that I would use and not be overly impressed with but I was completely wrong. I love it and will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

My hair loves this product so I only have good things to say. I love the smell. But, it makes my hair feel silky without the greasiness. I have oily hair and if I don't wash it everyday, I will have very oily and dirty hair before lunch. After washing my hair at night, my hair gets about a dime size and I start at the ends and work the rest thru. My hair smells clean all day and super soft and shiny. Many of my coworkers have complimented on how beautiful and healthy my hair is and that's good enough for me. I had used up two of the small bottles and purchased the big size two weeks ago. I will continue to use MoroccanOil for as long as they keep making it. Oh, yeah, no split ends...just silky, shiny hair. Who can say no to that?

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by candass23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of the product, but I find it does nothing for my hair other then make it smell good. I don't feel it protects from heat. I"ve been using it for about a week and have not noticed any difference, if anything I feel my ends are more damaged from heat then when I started using it. Does not stop frizz, or help in straightening.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by ShirleyLaVerne

The worst hair product I have ever used. I have waist length, thick curly hair and don't mind spending extra money on a good product. I have used Goldwell Treatment with huge success, it made my hair like silk. My salon didn't have the bigger containers that I usually buy and recommened that I try the Moroccan Oil instead. After two weeks of using Moroccan Oil my hair is so frizzy and dry I have no curl left at all. Just dry frizz. I talked to a hair stylist again and she blamed it on the conditioner I was using so I spent another $50 and bought the MoroccanOil Moisturizing Hair Treatment. After two days of using it my hair is beyond dry. I'm in my 40's, have had long hair my entire life and have always spent extra money to keep it looking good. This is the worst my hair has even been. Zero curl. %100 frizz and split ends. My scalp is itchy and irritated. I'm scared my hair is permanently fried. If I can't get some moisture back in it I'm going to have to get it all cut off. Not impressed at all. I'm demanding a refund.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by frostbites

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this product, and must admit that in the beginning it did give my coarse and thick hair (cut into a medium length bob and flat-ironed every two days) a faint sheen and good texture, scented it with a pleasant nutty smell, without making it greasy too soon.
However, after prolonged use, it dried my ends terribly, made them crispy and I suspect it never did protect my hair from heat styling enough.
Not too many split ends or irreversible damage (as I stopped using it on time) but there definitely were some and the end result was never quite finished or polished enough (I had a lot of flyaways).
As a huge fan and devotee of Kerastase (serves me right for straying), I'm willing to shell out if a product delivers, but this is sorely overpriced for what it fails to deliver. Glad I got a sample before buying.
Try finding it in trial size if you're considering this, you'll get a decent test run and then some out of one (10ml) sample, it does last and last.
Not the worst I had the misfortune of using but definitely not recommendable, this coming from someone whose wiry coarse hair usually tends to fancy all sorts of silicones quite a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by siobhan9705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this product, but they need new packaging.