April 21, 2014 | 1098 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by loveamour

I LOVED IT when i tried in on in sephora. So I made an impulse buy and I still love it, because it holds my curl, defines my lashes, thickens them, lengthens them and whatnot. However, it smudged throughout the day in the hot California weather this week. The smudging was not too bad considering that I'd just danced for an hour and a half and it was really hot. So I'd rebuy....it is a little pricey, but it's good overall. I just wish it didn't smudge.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kimkc

I'm not loving this mascara at all. It really didn't do anything for my lashes. It didn't hold the curl in my lashes even when I curled my lashes with an eyelash curler. I like the brush but that's about it. For the price, it's going back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by supergirljoce

This mascara is my HG of mascaras. I have typical Asian lashes--straight, short, and thin--and this transforms them into perfectly curled, volumized, lengthened, and separated lashes. I've gotten so many compliments every time I'm wearing Iconic, especially from my Asian friends who deal with the same problem of poor little lashes; they're amazed that I don't even use an eyelash curler! The best thing about this mascara is that it adds all the drama without any of the nasty clumping or streaking. This is definitely going to be a mainstay in my makeup bag.
The price is the only thing I'm not really feeling, but with results like these, I don't mind too much because each tube lasts me about 2-3 months.
Go get this mascara. Your life will be forever changed, I guarantee it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by snowbunnysami

I love this mascara! It's definitely my new favorite. I get compliments on my lashes everywhere I go. Everyone asks me if my eyelashes are fake...granted, I have long lashes naturally, but this is one of the few mascaras that actually makes them pop out and more dramatic looking. It give my lashes more volume without that whole Tammy Faye look. The only complaint I have about this mascara is that it tends to clump after a few coats (I like to put lots and lots of coats on my lashes), but I just use a lash comb to spread them out more evenly. OH and the BEST part about this mascara is that I don't even need to use a lash curler anymore! I just put this mascara on and it curls my lashes by itself, and it also holds the curl the entire day. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by chrissie30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is amazing! Its by far the best Ive ever used! 2 coats gives me lashes that look like false ones! It really lengthens for me but also really thickens too! I would definitely purchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am really pleased with this mascara. The only thing I don't like is the price ($34 CDN...ouch!). It separates very nicely and gives a curl that isn't heavy weighing down your lashes. I do find it thickens and lengthens as well. On top I put either Diorshow Unlimited or Diorshow Blackout mascara, to give it more drama.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2008 9:44:00 AM More reviews by lemjam

I'm going to be one of the reviewers to bust the bubble on the great reviews.

I have naturally long lashes, so I look for a mascara that thickens and helps hold curl. The gal at Sephora insisted this was the mascara for me. I'm not so convinced. I've applied this mascara several days in a row and have not found the desired thickness that I've been looking for, and yes, would consider returning it as well. It does define lashes, but not give me the dramatic effect I am looking for as my lashes are a feature I look to play up on my face. And I must admit, for the price and what I got, I am totally convinced you could find something that does the same job for a lot less $! OUCH!

If you are looking for a good thickening mascara, this is not it. However, I did find that after a days worth of wear, it did stay and never did flake at all, which was nice. Since it did not give me the look I had hoped to achieve, it's back to the review section for me in hopes of finding my HG mascara. SIGH!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by LelloGollilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is just OK for me. It is good for length and did add a little bit of curl, but no volume. Multiple coats to try and elicit volume did not work, but refused to clump either. I am picky though when it comes to mascara. I expect a lot, especially for a high end mascara of extraordinary price. This was not dark enough, not thick enough and the wand is way too long and clumsy. I am tired of the giant mascara wands. The whole thing is just too phallic for me. Didn't Dior ever hear the saying "it's not the size of the whip, it's the sting of the tip?" LOL..Bigger is not always better. The giant-ness of the tube and wand make me scared to put it near my eye and get in the way of good mascara technique. The formula, the other piece of the puzzle, is thin and liquidy and doesn't give me the good coating, or "grab" that I want. I would say this would work better with a wand half the size, maybe curved a bit to get into corners and maybe have the formula thicken up a bit. JMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Jaimes563

I absolutely love this mascara. It is so good that I decided I had HAD to review it. I have absolutely tiny, short lashes, although they are densely packed. They also do not obey eyelash curlers, so I find a curling mascara (if it actually works of course) seems to be my solution. So I want a little thickening, a LOT of length and i LOVE curl.
This mascara does exactly that. As with most defining mascaras, it provides a medium, not insane amount of volume, which i like. It lengthens like CRAZY. Even more than YSL faux cils and definitely more than unlimited, blackout and oiginal diorshow, and i do really like those mascaras (yes I am a bit mascara mad :D). Iconic makes you look doe-eyed.
The wand is VERY easy to use, and builds lashes quickly. The curl it provides actually holds, it doesn't weigh down your lashes. Even one coat is stunning but you can build this mascara without clumps, even if you let it dry between coats, and apply more on top much later, for the evening!
The brush is not as 'hard' as some of the other rubbery bristle wands, e.g. Chanel Inimitable, definitely very flexible and kind to the lash area. The close set 'combs' really seperate every lash. Lashes remain very soft to touch.
I am not usually this impressed with mascara. And i have tried probably too many, particularly high-end ones. I don't think that some some this would provide enough volume, but for me, it might be HG! I will have to see how quickly it dries up :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by drexalia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I hate to be the one to break the chain of fantastic reviews for this, but I am not loving this mascara and am considering returning it. I wasn't that impressed with the brush or the formula. My lashes look a little crunchy with this on and the brush doesn't really grab all my lashes. If you want volume (like I do) this is not the mascara for you. I guess the "high definition" means making it look like you have less, but more defined lashes. It does hold a curl pretty well though. I also had some smudging under the lower lashes with this. Overall, I can only make use of this if I layer it over diorshow or faux cils. On it's own I really do not like this.