November 23, 2014 | 2134 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Adinuscha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not a fan of Diorshow Blackout because of the huge wand which made it difficult for me to apply it to my lashes only - without ruining the eyeshadow on my eyelid! Also, Blackout didn't curl either. But, guess what? I LOVE Diorshow Iconic because of its wand with soft, cleverly-placed bristles: it lengthens and gives amazing curl! It doesn't clump and lasts day&night although it's not waterproof. The lashes are easily coated and they're left soft the touch.

I've got very fine lashes, medium length I guess, which could do with a thickening mascara. Iconic might not thicken like others, but it does so much to my lashes and it looks so classy & dramatic at the same time, that I absolutely love it!

Just as a reference, mascaras that didn't have much effect on me: Maybelline Great Lash, No 7 360, No 7 Great Lash, Estee Lauder Illusionist, Diorshow Blackout. Of all the pre-Diorshow Iconic I ever owned, the one I liked was Clinique for Great Definition Lashes (the one with a comb included in the bristles). In my opinion, it's all in the brush!

So, if you've had similar experiences with me, it's very likely you'll really like Diorshow Iconic.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2008 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Gimferrer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's a pain to take off, even with Cleansing Oil. I can't be bothered to use it daily. Combs well ads curl but the colour and texture is minimal

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 11:06:00 PM More reviews by pinkice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me just say that I have tried millions and this mascara is some quality stuff! I bought it yesterday and couldn't wait to try it... and it looked great. My eyelashes were voluminous and long=) What more could a girl ask for? I will keep testing it out though out the week and see if its still my fav.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by krnsnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is phenomenal. It is quite honestly the best mascara in my arsenal (and I am a self-professed mascara junkie)! I love the well defined comb-like brush; I can really layer this stuff on without worrying about it clumping up and yet my lashes are ridiculously defined, long, luscious, glossy, and remain curled all day! There is absolutely no smudging of flakiness after an entire day's use. I'm hoping a waterproof version comes out because I tend to prefer waterproof mascara but this is more than fine for now. I loved the regular Diorshow, but the Iconic manages to blow it out of the water. My HG!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by gazzard

Good things about this product: it gives VERY dramatic lashes. Long, thick, dark, and curled. I've never had a "curling" mascara that lifted my eyelashes the way this one does. Clumping is minimal.

Bad things about this product: the formula is kind of sticky and dries very quickly. I like to use a spoolie to fan out my lashes and catch the little blobs that are sometimes left at the lash tips, but this mascara dries so fast that combing through was difficult and pulled out a bunch of my lashes. The thick-barreled wand with sparse rows of short rubber bristles makes for tricky application (to be fair, this might just be a matter of practice). Finally, it smudges a bit under my eyes.

In summary, I'm going to stick with my trusty Definicils for an everyday natural look, but this one will come out at night and for dress-up occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by loveamour

I LOVED IT when i tried in on in sephora. So I made an impulse buy and I still love it, because it holds my curl, defines my lashes, thickens them, lengthens them and whatnot. However, it smudged throughout the day in the hot California weather this week. The smudging was not too bad considering that I'd just danced for an hour and a half and it was really hot. So I'd rebuy....it is a little pricey, but it's good overall. I just wish it didn't smudge.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kimkc

I'm not loving this mascara at all. It really didn't do anything for my lashes. It didn't hold the curl in my lashes even when I curled my lashes with an eyelash curler. I like the brush but that's about it. For the price, it's going back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by supergirljoce

This mascara is my HG of mascaras. I have typical Asian lashes--straight, short, and thin--and this transforms them into perfectly curled, volumized, lengthened, and separated lashes. I've gotten so many compliments every time I'm wearing Iconic, especially from my Asian friends who deal with the same problem of poor little lashes; they're amazed that I don't even use an eyelash curler! The best thing about this mascara is that it adds all the drama without any of the nasty clumping or streaking. This is definitely going to be a mainstay in my makeup bag.
The price is the only thing I'm not really feeling, but with results like these, I don't mind too much because each tube lasts me about 2-3 months.
Go get this mascara. Your life will be forever changed, I guarantee it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by snowbunnysami

I love this mascara! It's definitely my new favorite. I get compliments on my lashes everywhere I go. Everyone asks me if my eyelashes are fake...granted, I have long lashes naturally, but this is one of the few mascaras that actually makes them pop out and more dramatic looking. It give my lashes more volume without that whole Tammy Faye look. The only complaint I have about this mascara is that it tends to clump after a few coats (I like to put lots and lots of coats on my lashes), but I just use a lash comb to spread them out more evenly. OH and the BEST part about this mascara is that I don't even need to use a lash curler anymore! I just put this mascara on and it curls my lashes by itself, and it also holds the curl the entire day. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by chrissie30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is amazing! Its by far the best Ive ever used! 2 coats gives me lashes that look like false ones! It really lengthens for me but also really thickens too! I would definitely purchase again and again!