Ecotools 6 Piece Brush Set

4.7

on 2/16/2009 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This set of brush is truely a godsend, amazing brushes with great price! After long search of perfect affordable brushes, these brushes are everything i wished for, super soft bristle, perfect sized handle and cheap! I used every brushes in the set and couldnt be thrilled by how wonderful every single brush is. The powder brush has good shape of bristle and sturdy handle that allow me to have better control during blush/powder application. Also loving the eye blending and concealer brushes, both are equally dense and soft, which works perfect for me as i cant blend with fluffy brushes. The eyeliner brush which is a huge bonus, the longer handle just make me have a sturdier hand to deal with gel liner. I cant wait to try out the other set that has the yummy kabuki brush, >3 Ecotools!

on 2/14/2009 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Based on the great reviews for these brushes on MUA, I went out and bought a set. I was really hoping that they would work as well for me but I was very disappointed. The bristles were actually too soft to effectively pick up and apply any power (eye shadow, translucent, etc). I returned them and will stick with my MAC brushes. It got a 2 instead of a 1 because they are environmentally friendly.

Well I had to make a kick stop at Walgreens yesterday at the ATM and it wasn't working so I passed by the cosmetic isle to pick up any small item in order to get cash back. I picked up some wedge spoonges and as I did I saw the "6 piece set". I reached to feel the sample brush and I had to have it. However I walked away and went home. I couldn't stop thinking about how amazing these brushes felt so after work today I went in and bought them. I got them for $11.99, so decent price for some really great eco friendly brushes. I haven't used them yet but I did get home and wash them. I am pleased to inform you that there was no shedding at all. Can wait to update the review after I use them.

on 2/11/2009 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

thanks to this forum, i bought a retractable kabuki brush and absolutely love it. in fact, i loved it so much - i rushed to buy the 5-pc set.
well, there is nothing wrong with the set, but i already have better (though much more expensive) brushes. suprisingly, the one brush in a set that made all the difference for me, was a little eye liner brush.
i've been looking for ages for a brush like that. trish mcevoy used to make a similar brush, but it was since replaced with a scratchy, prickly and even more expensive one, which it totally unusable for sensitive eyes.
btw, the largest brush in my set is very soft on 1 side, but cut uneven and somewhat more prickly on the other. maybe it was just 1 bad set.
still, if you are starting your brush collection or looking for some great value - the price of the set cant be beat.
now, if these brushes will last as long as trish mcevoy - we got a real winner !!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have to echo the sentiments of this product! They are so soft! They certainly do the job. As a set, they are affordable. I bought my set at Rite-Aid (it was the last one!) for $10.99. That's completely doable. Do yourself a favor and add this to your brush collection. Plus, you'd be helping the environment.

this was the very last one on the shelf at my walgreens, and with my employee discount i got it for just a bit over $10!! not a bad deal for so many brushes, and they feel amazing!! i havent actually used them yet, but from how they feel and look, youd think they were much more expensive. i admit i read many reviews before actually buying it, but im glad i bought them, i hope they last forever.. and if they dont ill just get another set lol

on 2/3/2009 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This brush set is a great bargain at $10. The handles are bamboo, and the brushes are a super soft synthetic. I LOVE the blush brush most. It perfectly distributes the pigments across my cheeks. I've always used my fingers to apply my concealer, but the concealer brush has worked out great. The set comes in a great little cloth case for traveling. Highly recommend!

on 1/30/2009 2:00:00 PM

Like all of the other reviewers, I love the extreme softness of these brushes! I bought the set with the cloth brush roll, and it was really a steal at a little over $10. I never use the brow/lash brush (don't tend to my brows and I prefer using a metal-toothed mascara brush) or the concealer brush (fingers do the trick) so I can't really comment on how useful they are. However, the blush brush is perfect in the amount of blush it picks up. The size is so that it can also double as a highlighter brush in the rare occasion when I actually highlight. The eyeliner brush is also wonderful, though I wouldn't mind if they made the brush a little smaller so I could produce a thinner line. I'm not sure I like the eye shading brush quite as much, though. Perhaps I'm too used to using my fingers to apply eyeshadows, but I feel like the eyeshadow brush doesn't pick up enough powder, thus the 4 lippies (as opposed to 5). Nonetheless, I've been using the eyeshadow brush to pick up errant flecks of eyeshadow that fall on my cheeks after I do my eye makeup, and it works fairly well for that purpose.

on 1/27/2009 3:34:00 PM

I just bought this set over the weekend at target and I'm so happy that I did. These are really good quality brushes. The blush brush is wonderful at picking up the right amount of color. These brushes make application really easy. I LOVE the fact that they are environmental-friendly, too! They're super soft against the skin, like velvet almost.

I love these brushes! It is actually my first official package of brushes! I was debating whether to buy these or M.A.C. M.A.C brushes are super awesome but at the same time, it's super expensive. way too much for me. So I bought these instead, I LOVE THESE BRUSHES SO MUCH! and they are eco, also. They're sooo soft and it doesn't shed. It's soo cheap, I got them at Ulta for $14. But I know it's only about $12 at Target and other drug stores. And I'll definitely re-purchase these again. None of the brushes are a disappointment! I use them every time I put make-up on.

Top Rated Ecotools Products