Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

on 2/21/2009 5:28:00 PM

It's interesting reading the mixed comments. I'm in the negative camp for the same reasons as some others. I found it hard to apply without a fair amount of pressure, which then made it break off. Even if it hadn't broken off, there wasn't that much product, so it wasn't really a bargain. Fortunately, I was able to find a new Avon lady and buy glimmersticks again.

on 2/10/2009 10:54:00 AM

I was considering getting semi-permanent tattooing done to my eyebrows before I had tried this product..

I found the colour blended in with my eyebrows really well and it was also really easy to apply and blend.

The little comb is a nice touch as it helps blend and brush your eyebrows into shape. I am very pleased with the results.

Another gem by Maybelline!

on 1/18/2009 6:11:00 PM

This product did not go on easily at all. It is super hard to control the micro fine pencil and my brows just ended up looking fake and heavy. I have since discovered far better brow care products, Revlon's Brow Fantasy pencil and L'Oreal's two toned brow pencil. Would never buy this again.

on 1/17/2009 3:15:00 PM

Breaks so easily as your using it. Doesn't last at all because it take a lot of product to actually fill in 1 eyebrow. Very cheap packaging, but the color was nice.

on 1/17/2009 3:00:00 PM

I don't buy much drug store makeup, especially since who knows what you're getting without testers, but this is a surprisingly great find. Like others have said, the fine point and perfect consistency make this feel much more high-end than a cheapo pencil. Detracted one lippie because I hate the hulk-green, tacky packaging [Why does Maybelline think that's attractive?] and a spoolie would have been more useful than the stiff, plastic comb it comes with but it's otherwise a keeper. I got this in medium brown which thankfully has no red undertone and matches my brows perfectly.

on 1/12/2009 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

HG brow pencil for me! honestly i dont know what i would do without it now... everyone needs to try this!

on 1/3/2009 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I was using MAC brow pencil in Lingering before I discovered this Maybelline product, and I feel sick about having shelled out $14 per pencil in the past!!! Define-A-Brow is my new HG brow pencil and it's crazy cheap to boot! My local drugstore had a sale on Maybelline products and that meant these went for less than 3 bucks a pop!!! Define-A-Brow is the PERFECT consistency, not too creamy like the MAC pencil, and not too dry like my previous favorite, Shu Uemura's Hard Formula pencil. It's almost like the heavenly love child of the two! Just powdery dry enough to look soft and natural, and just smooth enough to deposit the color where I need it. I've got sparse Asian brows, and Dark Blonde is the PERFECT color! Super cheap, great performance, what else can you ask for?

on 1/3/2009 2:18:00 AM

Ok, now I know I'm not imagining that this eyebrow pencil is superior.
I have tried so many different eyebrow pencils (ever since my natural eyebrows started disappearing) and it's by far better than the other drugstore brands. For one thing, it goes on very smoothly and is NOT a hard, waxy-crayon type of pencil. Also, the point (which you roll up like you would a mechanical pencil), is nice and thin and it can be applied easily with the end result of looking very natural.

The main reason I prefer Maybelline Define-A-Brow, however, (besides the price) is the shades it comes in. I have blonde to very light brown hair and Maybelline is the only brand that has two shades of blonde that are both perfect. One is dark blonde, the other is light blonde. I use the two shades together when I have the time to work at it a little bit. Other blonde shades look wrong somehow after I apply them whereas these two blonde tones are perfect.

The colors do not disappear after a few minutes the way some pencils do and, unless I am involved in vigorous, sweat-producing activity, my "eyebrows" stay put the entire evening. For daytime use, I'd say two applications (one in the a.m. and one in mid-day) are sometimes necessary for me.
I hope this doesn't get discontinued because right now I am not aware of any foreseeable alternative in eyebrow pencils.

so far, im loving this product i got 2 of them today because i have dark brown hair and im going to be dying it black soon so i got dark brown for now and soft black for when my hair is black. the comb is weird on this product it doesnt do much if you dont have much hair i think its meant for women with lots of hair on their brows but besides that the comb isnt as bad as people make it seem the pencil could be a bit bigger or come with more product i will def be buying these again...i cant say much right now because i just used it when i got home and it looks amazing and easy to blend really reminds me of the line stylist eyeliner maybelline i only gave it 4 lippies because i feel it might not stay too long because i went to fix the tail of my brow and it wiped off with ease and the package says waterproof so i think that may be a lie but other than that i do indeed love this product sooo much

on 12/18/2008 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

TOTAL HG!!!!!! I didnt think i could get this excited about a brow pencil! Long story short, I used Clinique Superfine brow pencil for a long time. I hated paying about 13.00 every 3 weeks or so for this tiny little thing but it was the only pencil that was thin enough to shape it like i like and fill in the tail end of the brow ( I have dark hair and very light and sparse eyebrow hair so i need to shape my entire brow). Just as i was thinking about going back to the old thick expert eyes cover girl pencil to save money, I read the rave reviews on here about define-a-brow and figured it was only about 5 bucks so why not? This pencil is identically thin as clinique's superfine! Not only that but the medium brown was a even better color match then clinique's deep brown. And i cant tell you there is NO red tones what so ever!! I have ashy brown hair so i hate any warm or red tones. Anyway needless to say im never going back to my 13.00 clinique pencil! Unless they discontinue this :(

Popular Brows Products