October 24, 2014 | 1584 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by met451

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very curious about this product after reading reviews, and managed to find it at Target for about $6.50 (not bad for a DS mascara). My lashes are already really quite long and the dark pigment in the very black color made them appear even longer. My lashes are also somewhat thick already, I was just looking for something to add to it and this product did, but I don't know if I like it or not. I almost feel like I should be wearing a costume, this is definitely not for a day-time look, at least not for me. I can see why some people said it made them look like they were wearing false eyelashes. I find it glues lashes together to make them look thicker, and when you already have long lashes it becomes pretty obvious that they are sticking together; you don't have too look too hard. Anyhow, I suppose this would be pretty good for some women, but overall for me it's not wonderful. Who knows, maybe I'll fall in love with it after a few days.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 12:25:00 AM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to say I like this. The brush itself is megabig and delivers the mascara really well, although I think I seem to have more clumping than most other reviewer, especially near the point of the brush. (Even after wiping.) Still, the mascara itself seems to be just the right consistancy - not too thick or too thin - to apply and adhere well to my lashes. I have to say I didn't notice any huge difference in volume or length compared with any other good mascara out there. Certainly not the false lash look others seem to be obtaining with it. It does seem to be very lasting, although I do notice some flaking later in the evening - but then most mascaras don't last nearly that long anyway. My only real complaint is with the brush handle, which is much too big and clunky to manipulate easily. It just seems to get in the way. All in all, I think this is a good mascara, but really not living up to the massive hype. I'll be using it as a backup to MF Volume Couture, which gives me a much more noticeable result.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 12:10:00 AM More reviews by mayrei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in Very Black, and I think it mostly lives up to the hype. I found the thick rubber brush easy to use, it's a nice glossy black, and it gives me that false eyelash look - perfectly separated lashes, no clumping, amazing length. The only thing that would make it perfect is more volume. My lashes are already long and curled... sometimes I want more thickness. Other than that, I think it's great. I put on four coats of this stuff and my lashes just got longer and blacker with each one, and still soft to the touch with no flakiness. I think this is a perfect mascara for nights out, and I will stick to L'Oreal Featherlash for a more natural daytime look.
***update 11/28/07***
I've been using this for a while now, and I haven't had any of the flakiness that others have described. It's held up very well, and I've been wearing it to work daily. My lashes look great all day, and I probably won't use anything else anytime soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2007 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Milyda

I caved and bought into the hype and I'm glad I did. My lashes aren't very dark or long so I've still been on the hunt for my HG. I took one lippie off because the price is a bit high for a DS product. ($8 IIRC)

I find that the first coat simply defines your lashes, the second coat lengthened and added some volume and the 3rd coat made them super long. Overall you're not going to get super volume but that's not a huge issue for me. I also had no issues with it clumping or turning spidery after 3 coats.

People have commented that the tube is really thick making it hard to hold but I didn't find this to be the case for me. I will definitely be keeping the wand after the mascara is gone because it's really great.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by DarkSideChic87

A very good mascara. Gave me volume and a little length. I actually really like the brush (I know some people thought it was too big). I would definitely buy again if I could find it for a good price. I took off a lippie only because I didn't see much difference between it and other good d/s mascaras (Max Factor Volume Couture, L'Oreal Voluminous, Maybelline Full & Soft). Just don't think it quite lives up to all the hype.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by spaceagemouse

I was resisting the raves and wasn't going to buy this, but I happened to be at Walmart today, and it was right there, and $6.98, so I thought "What the heck." I was a bit hasty and grabbed Brown Black by mistake; maybe if I had gotten Black, there would have been more of an impact. But my honest opinion is that this mascara is nothing special. The rubber brush thing is interesting, and I didn't really have a real problem applying with it. But yet again, this is another mascara that refuses to hold a curl. I also didn't notice a significant boost in volume. There was a little volume, but nothing amazing. Plus my lashes felt crunchy after the mascara dried. I have thin, short, stick straight Asian lashes and if I do someday find a miracle mascara that actually does what it promises, believe me, I will be the first to let MUA know. Lash Blast was not it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Sugarsparkles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is not only amazing. It's the first of newest technology to hit the mainstream market. As Cover Girl explains the brush is the biggest EVER from Cover Girl. The lash boosting formula is also the newest from P&G. The Mascara Brush is a happy new find. The brush enables every lash to be combed out and precisely colored. The new formula Thickens my lashes with 3 x the volume. There is absolutely no irritations, clumping, smearing,flaking and no fading. It's also easy to remove. I picked this up in "Very Black" This stay's the blackest I've ever seen from a mascara. I wore it all day and night and nothing changed. Its as if I put on a pair of very high end boutique faux lashes. I own dozens of fresh mascara and this impresses me the most. If I can finish a bottle of this This could possibly be my holy grail mascara. A mascara in one brand I could purchase and put away and use over and over. I have been using this for 4 days and a night now. Other mascara's that I own and have purchased do not compare to this right now. I still have others brands I haven't tried yet though in packages. Believe it or not my $30.00+ mascara's didn't do this good. I'm still on a buy-athon and try-athon gals. The price is a Bang for a budgeter's buck. For me very cheap. I've already picked up backups in other shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2007 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Lola_Bear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worth the hype. One swipe, two swipes, three swipes, four swipes....no clumps. Amazing. My SO even commented that my lashes look "extra blasty."

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2007 5:39:00 PM More reviews by WutshudIDO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was wondering what all the hype was all about so I bought it and it is wonderful and it makes me look like I have fake lashes on.One coat no clumps and it gave me alot of volume .Its a good price I hope its not limited edition because its my new HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2007 4:48:00 PM More reviews by thatmoody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using Lash Exact ever since it came out, and so of course I HAD to try this, because, well, it might be better! The bigger brush doesn't really reach my lashes well, and it didn't give me much volume. I'll stick with L'Oreal Voluminous when I want serious volume, and Lash Exact for casual daytime wear. At least with that one I'm not scared of the wand!