Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 10/29/2007 6:13:00 PM

I fell for the hype as well and picked up Last Blast in Very Black at CVS. A mite pricier than I had hoped for a d/s mascara, but I figured it was worth a try since my old CG mascara is truly outdated. I am pleased with the consistency of the application - quite smooth and evenly coating each lash. The brush was a bit freaky, and I was skeptical about the the lack-of-bristles on the brush, but those plastic thingies do distribute the product well. I was so happy with the light application that I actually applied it on my bottom lashes (I typically avoid this, as I hate flakes & smudges under my eyes and I have yet to find a mascara that doesn't do this). As happy as I was with the application on the top lashes, the mascara didn't hold to my bottom lashes. :( Ah, well. Like I said, I rarely put mascara on the bottom ones. I am still happy with how it makes my upper lashes look, so I'll stick to it. As for the packaging... eh. It is big, clunky and weird to get a grip on. (Please CG - put some rubber grips or thin out that bottle!)

on 10/29/2007 6:00:00 PM

Lash Blizzay, you underwhelm me. :( I thought at first that I was in love... Until I noticed all the flakes underneath my eyes by lunchtime! Yuck! Also, the brush makes application difficult, and my lashes did in fact clump upon my second use of this. Sigh... I wish that you were as awesome as I'd hoped, but for now I'm going back to my MF 2000 Calories.

UPDATE: So I tried a coat of this again underneath a coat of my beloved MF 2000 Calories. I will say that it worked much, much better this way - the initial coat of Lash Blast separated my lashes nicely and gave them some length and a small amount of volume, while the MF 2000 Cals seemed to "seal in" all the flakies that I'd experienced before. The end result looked nice and held a curl, so I do think I'll wind up using the rest of the Lash Blast, but I would never use it on it's own, so I won't buy it again. My overall rating remains at 3 lippies.

UPDATE: I am really going to have to eat my words on this one. My beloved MF 2000 cals started to dry up on me quickly (think I got a bad batch), so I was forced to try Lash Blast on its own. And what do you know - after sitting for about a month, it works beautifully! No clumps, no real flakies. I don't know what made it different this time, but it looks gorgeous and is easier to apply. My best friend even asked if I was wearing false lashes. So maybe this takes some time to perfect... Whatever it is, I'm going to stick with this tube and see if it keeps working, and who knows. Maybe it will replace my 2000 Cals after all.

on 10/29/2007 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well, I've tried this for several days, and I'm just not wowed by it. It's ok, don't get me wrong, but it's not all that and a bag of chips. I get very little volume from it, lengthening is ok, but the entire thing is clumsy to handle. The tube/handle itself is huge and awkward to use, and the brush is *way* fat - too much so for my liking.
All in all, I think it's an ordinary formula in worse-than-ordinary packaging. I'll use it up, but won't buy it again.

on 10/29/2007 5:43:00 PM

After searching for this product in my spare time for about 2-3 weeks, I finally found this baby in a CVS store about 5-6 miles from my house. I bought this in black/brown, and because I had a CG coupon, paid $7.49 for it. Took it home and va-va-voom! Beautiful lashes. Adds length and volume in one step. Keeps its dramatic dark color as well. Doesn't really curl my lashes, but then again I don't really need it to, my lashes are curly enough. The bottle/handle are huge and and took some getting used to, but it was workable.

Is this my HG? I'm not sure yet. Maybelline Full n Soft is my staple and keeps my lashes looking soooo good. I can say this though: Lash Blast is wonderful and definitely worth a try!

on 10/29/2007 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is officially my favorite mascara, EVER. It's as close to perfect as mascara gets. I still love Voluminous, but I can live without it if I have this around. This didn't clump even a little bit, it dried quickly and lasted all day without any flaking or smuding. It washes off very easily with soap and water. Orange is my favorite color, so I dig the tube, but it's quite a bit larger than I imagined, even after reading all the reviews. It's like mascara for kindergarteners; it's almost comically big. Even the brush is large. Can't wait for a waterproof version!

on 10/29/2007 3:04:00 PM

If I could put, "F yeah!" under, "Would you buy this product again?" I would.

I put this on and suddenly had Bettie Davis eyes. I grabbed my raspberry beret and made my way to Baker St. I was like girls just wanna have fun, ya know?

I had to face it, I was addicted to love...and Lash Blast.

on 10/29/2007 2:51:00 PM

I have worn it for the past 3 days. I am impressed. This beats out
Diorshow, Lancome's Defincils and Maybeline's Full-n-Soft (my everyday mascara). My lashes are naturally long and on the thicker side but are straight down. A curler and two coats of lash blast and they look amazing. My BF noticed immediately without me prompting him. I am SOLD. No flaking, smudging or spider lashes. My only frustration is that the wand is thick and hard to hold. Other than that I'd definitely recommend and will repurchase.

on 10/29/2007 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The pro's:
I loved how dark and thick it made my lashes. You know how when you get a new mascara, sometimes it's a little too thin, so it takes a week or two for it to *bulk up* and actually make your lashes look thick? Well this one was great...it was already nice and thick brand new. And I loved how dark it was (I got the darkest..."really black" I think?). It definately wins over a lot of other d/s mascaras for thickening IMO. And unlike a lot of reviewers, I had no trouble working the fat brush. It was a little tough on the lower lashes, but no trouble for me on the uppers.

Con's:
Totally removed the curl from my lashes. I curl first and it just straightened them right back out! Also, it doesn't say that it's waterproof, but this stuff was almost impossible to get off. Even with my DCH Deep Cleansing oil, which up until now hadn't met a mascara it couldn't take off! Another thing, and this could be purely coincidental and unrelated, but my eyes burned and watered a lot this weekend, and this was the only change I had made, so the cause is pointing to Lash Blast (which is weird though because my eyes have never been sensitive before to any mascaras).

Today...I used Lash Blast over my CG Professional mascara, and the results were great! My CG Professional held the curl in my lashes, and the LB bulked them up. As long as I don't keep having trouble with my eyes stinging, I may keep it just for layering. However, I don't think I'll be repurchasing it.

on 10/29/2007 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

this gave me fat lashes but gave it no length watsoever which i really need. a great mascara but i still like lash exact better since that gives me both fat and long lashes.
update:
ok so i put lash exact on the left eye and lash blast on the right and lash exact is the winner. lash exact made my lashes look longer, thicker and kept it's curl...but lash blast lost it's curl.

on 10/29/2007 12:02:00 PM

Oh, Lash Blizzle. I am a believer.

At first, I did not like you. I was underwhelmed by you. But now, after mastering your fat plastic brush, I have long, voluminized, jet black eyelashes. Sometimes I fondle your big orange tube in my purse, comforted by the fact that I do not have to be without you ever again.

I love you.