Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Oh dear. this product made me break out the worst i've ever had. if you wish to try this, i suggest trying it on a small patch of skin near your temple where it will not be notcible if you have the same results as me.

on 7/14/2006 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The old colorstay without Softflex was the best! It provided very even medium/full coverage for my uneven, ruddy, oily t-zone, sometimes breakout-prone skin. I usually only had to blot and powder at lunchtime and it looked fine the rest of the workday. The new version with softflex does not give as much coverage(in my oilier areas especially). Plus I don't think it stays on as long either (especially on my nose and chin). It's not a bad buy but don't expect a miracle. Maybe the norm/dry one works better than the norm/oily. Give it a try.

on 7/11/2006 11:05:00 AM

Why did they tamper with the original colorstay formula? I am giving 5 stars to the old formula of Colorstay foundation NOT THE NEW! Neither the new formulation for dry skin or oily skin even come close to the longevity of the original formula. I am someone with few skin issues but major blotchiness. With the old formula I would put it on in the morning and not worry ALL DAY..even a beach day about that foundation wearing off...it never did. Both new formulas are just your standard foundations without the the long lasting properties that made everyone love the original so much. PLEASE BRING BACK OUR COLORSTAY! and while you are at it...bring back that amazing concealer stick...

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this for $3.00 at a store called Big Lots. 07 true beige was a little too dark for me so i mixed it with my pure makeup foundation that was too light. I got the perfect color and coverage. This is a good foundation for me but I'm sure theres better out there. I think I may have bought the old one not sold in normal stores [wasnt softflex]. Overall this is a good everyday foundation.

on 6/22/2006 10:54:00 AM

I've tried both formula's--old and new.
The new one with the softflex doesn't have the lasting power that the old one has. Plus, the lid on mine broke when I tried to close it too tight. =(
I ended up throwing it away after a while...the weather was starting to warm up, anyway, so I figured I'd start using the original formula.
If you use either one, make sure you REALLY get it off when you wash your face.
I usually just wash with a bar of Dove, and found that one washing wasn't enough! Sometimes two times wasn't enough, either. So I eventually resorted to washing once with Dove, scrubbing my face with a washcloth, and then washing once again with Dove.
Just a tip--unless you like breakouts. =)

on 6/15/2006 8:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I happen to love this foundation. It goes on OK, a bit tricky to get even, but LASTS a long time. No orangey color after all day. I have tried the new addition to the colorstay foundation, the product where they've added "soft flex"technology and I find it doesn't waer as long as the original product.

on 6/13/2006 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This makeup is awful. I tried it because I saw it has shades for people like me, but the coverage is awful and the finish is hideous.

on 6/13/2006 2:28:00 AM

Wow! This is amazing stuff! I am so glad I discovered this in swap otherwise I would have never purchased it. This is just like a liquid version of my HG foundation MAC Studiofix. But amazingly this looks much better than my Stufiofix!! The application is flawless, doesn't clump up around my nose and accentuate fine lines like my Studiofix powder foundation does. It smells like Elmer's Glue (!) and to be honest it sticks like glue. All day long it doesn't budge even through sweating and hot weather it's awesome. I am MAC C3 and 06 Medium Beige in the Colorstay for reference. Enjoy! :o)

on 6/9/2006 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Does anybody else have issues with the "new" formula? Loved the old stuff. Stayed like glue. The new stuff is oily on me in 30 minutes (and I'm using the oily skin version)My skin isn't even this oily on it's own. WHY????? Why must they change a good thing!!!!

on 6/6/2006 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently purchased this product because I am a mineral makeup wearer, and found that it sweats right off my face in the humidity.I have oily skin and bought the formula for oily/normal.
I did some research online to find a good,long lasting founation that provides medium coverage and LONG WEAR.
This seems to be it.
It went on beautifully,builds well,dries quickly(-but not too quickly to work with) After a few minutes(in the mid altantic humidity)it set to a beautiful FLAWLESS finish.
Update:still love it,and keep going back to it again and again!
I have purchase Armani,Laura Mercier and MUFE based on hype but always return to my Colorstay.
For a sheerer version I love the colorstay active. it has spf 25.