Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 10/31/2007 10:15:00 AM

OK so here's the story...read all the reviews here and decided that I had to try this mascara. One little problem...couldn't find it online and it wasn't in stores yet here in California. Now I'm on the lash blast mission.
My husband and I go to Vegas for a few days and what do I see??? A CVS (we don't have CVS in CA) and I remembered that most of you on here got your lash blast there. I tell my hubby that whatever we do we have to go to the CVS. So we decide to "take a little walk there" and its about 5 blocks away(not kidding, thats how serious I was about getting my hands on a lash blast) we get there, hot and a bit tired from the walk. I head straight to the makeup section where I spot the orange tube. I grab 2 because well what if I fall in love with it and I can't find it for a while in California.
Long story short...I have it for about a week before I can't control myself any longer( told myself I have to finish the 3 other mascaras I have lying around before I open it) I try it and well its pretty good. My lashes are defined, seperated, got some length, very black(and they are already black) and full. They don't feel too hard or stiff either. No clumps which is always a plus. I don't find the brush too big as others have mentioned (I mean Diorshow is way bigger). All in all was it worth the blisters I got on my heels from walking that far to get it??I would say we have to suffer a bit for beauty don't we? :)

This product, like so many I now own, was purchased based on recommendations from this site. I don't think I have ever purchased anything from Cover Girl before. I think I love this product. I have deep set eyes, and short lashes, and this wand was no problem for me. I too have used DiorShow, and was not pleased. This is a much better mascara all around.

on 10/30/2007 9:33:00 PM

I am the first to admit that I hear the words "Drugstore Mascara" and I automatically turn my nose up. When I had a chance to get several of these at a great discount, I bought several to swap since they are so popular. Well, today, I had a job interview and I didn't have time to hunt for my everyday mascara (Estee's Magnascopic), so I grabbed one of the unopened LB packages, put it in my bag and left. Somewhere on the highway, I opened it and applied it to my lashes....WoW! Every lash was covered and I looked so AwAkE! Not only that, but the volume was awesome! That was around 2:30pm. Right now at 9:30pm, it looks exactly the same...like I just applied it! I am bad to lose/misplace items such as mascara and eyeliners, so if I do misplace this, it will only be $6.oo-$7.oo to replace it. I find this similar to Avon's SuPeRfULL...it's a great economical mascara as well.

on 10/30/2007 9:21:00 PM

Love this Mascara. My previous HG mascara was CG Volume exact but this one is even better. no flaking, no clumping and plenty of beautiful volume. Another big plus is that little mistakes I tend to make with the wand [not just this wand, all wands] come off SUPER easily with a damp q tip and at the end of the day its comes off super easy . I can honestly say I've tried 90% off all the mascaras on the market and this beats all of em, including Dior's infamous mascaras [in my opinion Dior mascara doesn't even come close to the awesomeness of CG Lash blast or CG volume exact] I thought the orange packaging was kind of silly but now its grown on me and I think its fun, its almost like that special makeup you save to put on for a night out- but you can put it on everyday. Buy it,use it, love it.

on 10/30/2007 8:23:00 PM

Lash Blast makes beautiful, natural, full lashes. Because it requires less combing to separate, my lashes stay curlier. More coats = sticky lashes, but I don't want, or need, to apply 3 coats of mascara. Furthermore, it seems to last longer (other mascaras seem to fade), doesn't smudge and comes off easily.

on 10/30/2007 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Well, thanks to all the Lash Blast featured reviews here on MUA piquing my interest, I recently picked up one in Very Black at the local CVS. I think it does a very decent job of pumping up lashes and making them look much fuller, yet separated. However, I do not think applying more than one coat is a good idea, at least on my lashes. As an experiment, I applied one coat to one eye and it looks amazing; on the other eye, I tried two coats, and it looks a bit spidery. One coat is quite enough! I think a light hand is best with this, no heavy-handed application required! For reference, I have fairly large, almond-shaped eyes...and somewhat dark, longish, thick lashes to start with. I have other mascaras I am happy with, and only tried this out of curiosity, so for now I would say no repurchase for me.

on 10/30/2007 7:03:00 PM

I found myself liking this brush/mascara a lot more than I thought I would - I'm extremely skeptical - especially of new products that get popular so fast, but after using this mascara I can clearly see why so many people are loving it. The brush is fairly easy for me to use on my eyes, which are almond shaped but still fairly large - I could see how having smaller eyes or deep set eyes could cause issues when using this brush - but it's absolutely perfect for my lashes. This mascara covers well with one coat, giving a more natural look, but I preferred the look I achieved with two coats. Yes, this mascara IS NOT clumpy, but it does tend to make lashes spidery looking - this is how I prevent my lashes from looking absolutely ridiculous.

First, I comb out my lashes using the tweezerman lash comb. Second, I apply a coat of LB then recomb and allow those lashes to dry, I repeat this process and voila! Lovely, thick lashes.

I hope this mascara wears as well as it looks.

on 10/30/2007 6:35:00 PM

Better than DiorShow. No clumping or flaking and it doesn't irritate my highly sensitive eyes. Easy application and it lasts. I love it. Volume Exact wasn't doing it for me, but this is perfect. It lengthens and thickens. Perfect.

EDIT: This is not a bad product, but I like more definition so I will stick with Definicils.

on 10/30/2007 5:18:00 PM

I didn't get miracles--but then, is there such a thing as a perfect mascara? I liked that it didn't clump, and I didn't find the brush unwieldy. The black is a very deep, true black, and hasn't flaked or budged since I put it on this morning. My long, fine lashes are considerably bulkier--it doesn't look like false eyelashes, but they do look much better. Also, unlike the other LashExact formulas, which I swore were so drying they made my lashes fall out, this formula feels light and flexible--no brittle lashes! This will undoubtedly be my new go-to mascara.

on 10/30/2007 4:35:00 PM

This stuff doesn't budge on me (a dry-eyed contact lens wearer) and provides tons of volume without clumps, however, size does matter, and for once, bigger's not necessarily better. If you're genetically gifted with doe-wide eyes, well, aren't you blessed and you have found the HG of drugstore mascaras. Word of warning to all my deep-set, almond-eyed sisters out there- just try wielding this wand at your lashes and not digging it into your freshly, perfectly applied eyeshadow. And your bottom lashes? Hold the wand vertical to coat those and you're going to end up shading in some dark undereye circles, hold it horizontal, and you'll be scrubbing your eyeball with the back side of the wand. Finally, the weight of the product tends to droop any curl you set to your lashes.

I'm torn about purchasing it again, because once I maneuvered the mascara on, it makes a huge difference and lasts better than Max Factor's Volume Couture. All they need to do for me to be happy is to make the brush slightly smaller.

Video Reviews & Tutorials