Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 10/31/2007 8:48:00 PM

My take on this mascara is this: The tube is bigger, and the wand is rubber. The hole in the tube is wider letting more mascara cover the wand. The formula itself is very pigmented so it colors the lashes thoroughly.
I have Vitiligo Poliosis (the lashes on one of my eyes have lost all their color, and I'm a brunette, so ,I HAVE to wear mascara everyday so I don't scare people)
This mascara covered my sparse stubby lashes easily. I like it.
Now, is it a cure for cancer? Nope. It's just good mascara.

on 10/31/2007 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Lash blast has replaced my mascara in the pink tube with green lid(dont know what its called). It gives my lashes length and volume without clumping. Im glad i found it! P.S Like the previous reviewer stated, the top should have been made better because it can be slippery

on 10/31/2007 7:53:00 PM

I am so impressed with this mascara. The only one I have ever tried that I like more is Shu Mascara Basic and I can't afford to shell out the $27 for that one. Lash Blast gives me the lashes that I wish I naturally had and it looks great. Really opens up my eyes, gives a tiny bit of curl, lashes stay seperated but gain alot of volume and a decent amount of length. No flakes throughout the day, no smudges and no crunchy lashes, which is my favorite part. Also, besides the Shu, it is the most non-irritating mascara I have ever worn. I am a contact wearer with dry eyes and most mascaras cause some redness or itchies by the end of the day. The big brush isn't as hard to use as it looks, I haven't missed yet and I have deep set eyes and tiny little lashes. I do use a lash comb after to even it out. My only little complaint is the brush handle, the matte finish makes it a bit slippery when its early in the morning and I'm not so coordinated. I would say this mascara gives more of a natural look, I'm not sure you could get high drama from this tube but the best everyday mascara for sure.

on 10/31/2007 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this mascara was pretty awesome. it lengthened and made my eyelashes thicker. yes the tube is somewhat cumbersome, but at least its bright and i can find it quick. the brush didnt seem that huge- i agree with another muaer below that the dior show brush was much bigger. the only reason i made this 4 lippies instead of 5 is that there is no waterproof version yet, on my straight med length/thick lashes only waterproof mascara holds a curl. soooo until i get a waterproof lash blast (and define a lash from maybelline) they both get 4/5 :)

on 10/31/2007 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lash Blast does do everything that it claims to do. It gives you longer, thicker, nicely separated lashes. And I love the brush--it hits every lash, even the tiny corner ones. I actually like the chubby handle since it makes it easier to control for me. With all that said, this mascara has one major problem that ruins it for me...it does not hold a curl! I know this is not a problem for everyone and that it even curls some users' lashes even more, so I only took one lippy off because in all other respects it's a great mascara, and it makes no claim to hold a curl. However, I won't be buying it again for this reason. I think I'll try MF Lash Couture since the brush is similar, and waterproof mascaras usually hold curl better for me.

on 10/31/2007 3:17:00 PM

I am having a difficult time understanding how anyone wouldn't love this mascara. It is the best I have tried to date. I used to use Diorshow which I liked a lot. It gave volume, length, fullness. This does that plus defines the lashes better and it's much cheaper! It's buildable with out any clumping at all. Amazing! My eyes look big and wide open with this stuff.

on 10/31/2007 2:21:00 PM

I bought into the hype and finally decided to give this one a try. Given that I have used (and loved) other CG mascaras, I was extremely hopeful. Sadly, the only good thing about this product for me was that it didn't smear or flake after a full day of wear. But the negatives far outweigh the positives, I'm afraid. Yes, the brush is big and cumbersome, but aside from that, this mascara does NOT provide volume OR length. After a week of using it every single day, I can say that I would get the same effect by simply applying black paint to my lashes. It makes them black, but nothing else. And if you use two coats, it begins to clump horribly. It's one of those mascaras where one coat is not enough, yet two coats is too much. Three times in one week I was left with clumpy spider lashes. To sum this up, I'd say that if you already have great volume and length, you might want to try this product just to darken you lashes. In that case, you will only need one coat. If you want length, volume, and separation, try CG Remarkable or Max Factor Volume Couture, which are both EXCELLENT (don't clump, flake, etc).

on 10/31/2007 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I am not impressed with this product. It clumped and did nothing for my lashes except make them darker. I really did not care for the HUGE brush either--made getting at the corner lashes and my bottom lashes almost impossible. I will not be purchasing this again.

on 10/31/2007 11:33:00 AM

This mascara totally doesn't even come close to DiorShow (this is the reason why I was on the prowl for it). The brush picks up too much mascara (you have to swipe it onto a tissue for better results), it even clumped a bit on me and took the curl right out of my lashes (after curling them). I'm glad it worked for some, but I'm passing on buying this again. I'll stick to DiorShow for weekends and Max Factor Lash Perfection (which is MUCH MUCH better than Lash Blast).

on 10/31/2007 10:15:00 AM

OK so here's the story...read all the reviews here and decided that I had to try this mascara. One little problem...couldn't find it online and it wasn't in stores yet here in California. Now I'm on the lash blast mission.
My husband and I go to Vegas for a few days and what do I see??? A CVS (we don't have CVS in CA) and I remembered that most of you on here got your lash blast there. I tell my hubby that whatever we do we have to go to the CVS. So we decide to "take a little walk there" and its about 5 blocks away(not kidding, thats how serious I was about getting my hands on a lash blast) we get there, hot and a bit tired from the walk. I head straight to the makeup section where I spot the orange tube. I grab 2 because well what if I fall in love with it and I can't find it for a while in California.
Long story short...I have it for about a week before I can't control myself any longer( told myself I have to finish the 3 other mascaras I have lying around before I open it) I try it and well its pretty good. My lashes are defined, seperated, got some length, very black(and they are already black) and full. They don't feel too hard or stiff either. No clumps which is always a plus. I don't find the brush too big as others have mentioned (I mean Diorshow is way bigger). All in all was it worth the blisters I got on my heels from walking that far to get it??I would say we have to suffer a bit for beauty don't we? :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials