Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 10/30/2007 7:03:00 PM

I found myself liking this brush/mascara a lot more than I thought I would - I'm extremely skeptical - especially of new products that get popular so fast, but after using this mascara I can clearly see why so many people are loving it. The brush is fairly easy for me to use on my eyes, which are almond shaped but still fairly large - I could see how having smaller eyes or deep set eyes could cause issues when using this brush - but it's absolutely perfect for my lashes. This mascara covers well with one coat, giving a more natural look, but I preferred the look I achieved with two coats. Yes, this mascara IS NOT clumpy, but it does tend to make lashes spidery looking - this is how I prevent my lashes from looking absolutely ridiculous.

First, I comb out my lashes using the tweezerman lash comb. Second, I apply a coat of LB then recomb and allow those lashes to dry, I repeat this process and voila! Lovely, thick lashes.

I hope this mascara wears as well as it looks.

on 10/30/2007 6:35:00 PM

Better than DiorShow. No clumping or flaking and it doesn't irritate my highly sensitive eyes. Easy application and it lasts. I love it. Volume Exact wasn't doing it for me, but this is perfect. It lengthens and thickens. Perfect.

EDIT: This is not a bad product, but I like more definition so I will stick with Definicils.

on 10/30/2007 5:18:00 PM

I didn't get miracles--but then, is there such a thing as a perfect mascara? I liked that it didn't clump, and I didn't find the brush unwieldy. The black is a very deep, true black, and hasn't flaked or budged since I put it on this morning. My long, fine lashes are considerably bulkier--it doesn't look like false eyelashes, but they do look much better. Also, unlike the other LashExact formulas, which I swore were so drying they made my lashes fall out, this formula feels light and flexible--no brittle lashes! This will undoubtedly be my new go-to mascara.

on 10/30/2007 4:35:00 PM

This stuff doesn't budge on me (a dry-eyed contact lens wearer) and provides tons of volume without clumps, however, size does matter, and for once, bigger's not necessarily better. If you're genetically gifted with doe-wide eyes, well, aren't you blessed and you have found the HG of drugstore mascaras. Word of warning to all my deep-set, almond-eyed sisters out there- just try wielding this wand at your lashes and not digging it into your freshly, perfectly applied eyeshadow. And your bottom lashes? Hold the wand vertical to coat those and you're going to end up shading in some dark undereye circles, hold it horizontal, and you'll be scrubbing your eyeball with the back side of the wand. Finally, the weight of the product tends to droop any curl you set to your lashes.

I'm torn about purchasing it again, because once I maneuvered the mascara on, it makes a huge difference and lasts better than Max Factor's Volume Couture. All they need to do for me to be happy is to make the brush slightly smaller.

on 10/30/2007 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Very good mascara. No clumps. No flakes. Nice solid black color. Lasts all day. Love the vivid orange tube.

So why just a 4? Because I see absolutely no difference between Lash Blast and Volume Exact, which is considerably cheaper. I'm not disappointed that I bought LB but, knowing what I know now, I'll stick to VE.

on 10/30/2007 3:59:00 PM

Ok...I'm putting on my big girl panties and admitting that I got swept up in the frenzy and jumped on the LB bandwagon. That being said, I have to say this is a decent mascara but I don't know that I like it any better than my CG Professional or Remarkable mascaras.

What I do like: Is that this doesn't clump. I love the brush and don't happen to find it to be too big - it's considerably smaller than brushes like Bad Gal and the monstrosity that comes with Lash Injection mascaras. I guess that's because of the plastic bristles. I LOVE the depth of the color. I got this in very black and it's just that - VERY black. I think it's darker than most black mascaras I've tried. The formula seems ok....my lashes are not overly long nor overly curly nor overly thick. This seems to accentuate them nicely by making them a tish longer, a tish curlier and a tish thicker. They still look pretty natural to me so there's no falsies look like I was expecting (yes, Mom, I still look respectable and not like a hooker). It also seems like the look and color have lasted all day as well - I just did a lash check and they look pretty much like they did this morning so the formula is definitely long lasting (and it doesn't smear under my eyes like LE and VE). Oh..and I LOVE the tube....I don't think I've ever called a tube of mascara cute but this tube is just that....cute.

What I don't like: Is that this is still just "eh"....nothing spectacular but maybe that depends on your individual lash type to begin with. Like I said...I don't know that I'm getting any more of a lash look with LB than I do with my other CG mascaras. Because of that, LB doesn't acheive HG status for me. BUT....it's still a decent enough mascara that I would probably by again, especially if it was on sale.

Update: Guess I'll be using this more than I thought. My BFF said yesterday that she'd never seen my lashes look this good. Seals the deal for me.....

on 10/30/2007 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I usually buy Department store brand mascara, but wanted to see the hype-
Well there is no hype-

I have to wipe the wand really good so it doesn't bunch up on my lashes-And I noticed flakes when I havent' touched my eyes-
I don't like the new brushes, I need something a little stiffer and I want harder bristles so they comb through my eyelashes not just sweep over them-

I have long lashes so it looks ok, but I prefer Dior, Lash Injection, or heck even Clinique Glossy over this brand-

on 10/30/2007 2:26:00 PM

I wouldn't have purchased this on my own, but couldn't resist buying an extra when I CP'd one for a swap. I love the rubberized brush and the packaging that is impossible to miss. I like how easy it is to use and how it defines my lashes without clumping. It gives length but not volume, and no thickness at all. I would rate it a 3 but because its so cheap and accessible for everyone...had to bump it up. I love other mascaras more but would give this to someone who was new to mascara and already had thick lashes.

on 10/30/2007 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Um, I dont get the hype at all. It was ok, very similar to VolumeExact and it had the same effects on me. Not terrible, game me some definition and a tad more volume, but nothing to rave about. I still prefer my Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Mascara.

this has to be what blue balls feels like for men. I was soooo worked up, anticipating, hunting, waiting, searching. finally I found it and I heard angels sing. I rush to my car and quickly curl my bare lashes and apply. this, although a nice mascara, didnt WOW me or give me any result different from my MF lash perfection.
takes a very steady hand to apply to lower lid. Im not saying its bad, but makes me wonder what all the ravers were using before to be so amazed by this. I would buy again if I saw it BOGO somewhere.

Popular Mascaras