Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 10/30/2007 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I usually buy Department store brand mascara, but wanted to see the hype-
Well there is no hype-

I have to wipe the wand really good so it doesn't bunch up on my lashes-And I noticed flakes when I havent' touched my eyes-
I don't like the new brushes, I need something a little stiffer and I want harder bristles so they comb through my eyelashes not just sweep over them-

I have long lashes so it looks ok, but I prefer Dior, Lash Injection, or heck even Clinique Glossy over this brand-

on 10/30/2007 2:26:00 PM

I wouldn't have purchased this on my own, but couldn't resist buying an extra when I CP'd one for a swap. I love the rubberized brush and the packaging that is impossible to miss. I like how easy it is to use and how it defines my lashes without clumping. It gives length but not volume, and no thickness at all. I would rate it a 3 but because its so cheap and accessible for everyone...had to bump it up. I love other mascaras more but would give this to someone who was new to mascara and already had thick lashes.

on 10/30/2007 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Um, I dont get the hype at all. It was ok, very similar to VolumeExact and it had the same effects on me. Not terrible, game me some definition and a tad more volume, but nothing to rave about. I still prefer my Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Mascara.

this has to be what blue balls feels like for men. I was soooo worked up, anticipating, hunting, waiting, searching. finally I found it and I heard angels sing. I rush to my car and quickly curl my bare lashes and apply. this, although a nice mascara, didnt WOW me or give me any result different from my MF lash perfection.
takes a very steady hand to apply to lower lid. Im not saying its bad, but makes me wonder what all the ravers were using before to be so amazed by this. I would buy again if I saw it BOGO somewhere.

on 10/30/2007 1:18:00 PM

Yep, I was another one that was suckered into buying this crappy mascara after reading the great reviews here. Unfortunately, I was not at all impressed. The formula is too dry, cakey and thick. One application is too much, leaving your lashes stuck together and clumpy. It's not a clean, flattering look. It's more of an obvious Tammy Baker look. After it dries, it flakes off in little black specks under your eyes after a few hours. It also does not hold a curl and if you try to curl your lashes AFTER applying the mascara, the lash curler will stick to the mascara, pulling out a clump of lashes and making the lashes look flat and weird! The applicator wand is too big, thick and awkward which makes it very difficult to apply mascara to the lower and corner lashes. It just won't reach them without getting mascara all over your lids. (I should throw in that I'm a mascara freak, so, I know what I'm doing.)

Anyway, it was just another crappy, over-hyped mascara. Waste of money and time. Don't even bother.

on 10/30/2007 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I totally bought into the hype and purchased the orange beast! =)
I think i expected a bit too much. For the price, the mascara is great, it lengthens and doesn't clump but it doesn't thickin the lashes like i expected. Not bad for $7 though!!

on 10/30/2007 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I stumbled across Lash Blast when I was at Walgreens a few days ago, and since I had heard that Volume Exact by CG was great I decided trying this one by them was worth it...yes, it was worth a try but it isn't the best mascara out there. It did lengthen my lashes, give some volume and it held a curl pretty well. It ended up flaking a bit on me, though and the formula clumped on me just a tad bit also. The bulky packaging didn't help me either. I think I'll stick with MF Volume Couture.

Update: This mascara has grown on me! It's actually one of my favs now.

on 10/30/2007 10:35:00 AM

Well, I gave into the hype just like everyone else! In fact, Walgreens had a sale - buy one, get one at 1/2 price. So I paid $12.00 for two mascaras - not too shabby. Naturally, my lashes don't have a lot of length, but I do have a little volume. If I curl them, they look OK without mascara. So, I was excited - could a drug store mascara give me the lashes that everyone was talking about????
Not exactly.
I find it just did an okay job. The Lash Blast handle is thick and a bit hard to handle. In fact, I'm not sure what a thicker diameter brush is supposed to do for your lashes that a smaller diameter brush can't do. I have to think that's a marketing thing. In the end, my lashes weren't that long or that thick in comparison to other mascaras I've used. I've used CG Lash Exact, Maybelline Full & Soft, Chanel Inimitable (awesome!), MAC Mascara X (which I adore), Lancome Courbe VirtuoseI (GWP sample I tried - pretty darn good!) as well as their good ol' standby - Defencils, and of course my favorite for the most dramatic lashes on the face of this earth: Shiseido Mascara Base and their Advanced Volume Mascara (that combo gives me the equivalent of false lashes. Very dramatic!)
All in all, I wouldn't repurchase the Lash Blast because if I wanted a DS mascara from Cover Girl, I think the purple tube Lash Exact is a better product.

on 10/30/2007 8:57:00 AM

I caved to the peer pressure and bought this. I am on day two of use and so far so good.

I have sparse short lashes with no curl to them and this thickened them quite visibly and even gave the ends a little curl.

At 8$ a tube(CVS) I would have expected them to do a better job with the bulky packaging. Extremely hard to handle.

Especially given my darn short thick fingers=X

I would repurchase for the formulation only if they revamp the tube style.

All in all it wasn't a total waste of money as I do like the way it makes my lashes look.

on 10/30/2007 8:16:00 AM

Well, I listened too well to the reviews, and gave Lash Blast a spin. I found it just OK, nothing very special. It's darkening and lengthening powers are pretty ordinary on me. It clumps at times going on, needing a brush through, and gets a bit flaky by day's end. The orange tube is cute (especially for Halloween week!), but really bulky, so points off there. I'll use it up, don't hate it, but definitely won't repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials