November 28, 2014 | 1335 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by kimk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I've tried this for several days, and I'm just not wowed by it. It's ok, don't get me wrong, but it's not all that and a bag of chips. I get very little volume from it, lengthening is ok, but the entire thing is clumsy to handle. The tube/handle itself is huge and awkward to use, and the brush is *way* fat - too much so for my liking.
All in all, I think it's an ordinary formula in worse-than-ordinary packaging. I'll use it up, but won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 5:43:00 PM More reviews by tygress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After searching for this product in my spare time for about 2-3 weeks, I finally found this baby in a CVS store about 5-6 miles from my house. I bought this in black/brown, and because I had a CG coupon, paid $7.49 for it. Took it home and va-va-voom! Beautiful lashes. Adds length and volume in one step. Keeps its dramatic dark color as well. Doesn't really curl my lashes, but then again I don't really need it to, my lashes are curly enough. The bottle/handle are huge and and took some getting used to, but it was workable.

Is this my HG? I'm not sure yet. Maybelline Full n Soft is my staple and keeps my lashes looking soooo good. I can say this though: Lash Blast is wonderful and definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is officially my favorite mascara, EVER. It's as close to perfect as mascara gets. I still love Voluminous, but I can live without it if I have this around. This didn't clump even a little bit, it dried quickly and lasted all day without any flaking or smuding. It washes off very easily with soap and water. Orange is my favorite color, so I dig the tube, but it's quite a bit larger than I imagined, even after reading all the reviews. It's like mascara for kindergarteners; it's almost comically big. Even the brush is large. Can't wait for a waterproof version!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Dvine

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If I could put, "F yeah!" under, "Would you buy this product again?" I would.

I put this on and suddenly had Bettie Davis eyes. I grabbed my raspberry beret and made my way to Baker St. I was like girls just wanna have fun, ya know?

I had to face it, I was addicted to love...and Lash Blast.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2007 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Kiki_78

I have worn it for the past 3 days. I am impressed. This beats out
Diorshow, Lancome's Defincils and Maybeline's Full-n-Soft (my everyday mascara). My lashes are naturally long and on the thicker side but are straight down. A curler and two coats of lash blast and they look amazing. My BF noticed immediately without me prompting him. I am SOLD. No flaking, smudging or spider lashes. My only frustration is that the wand is thick and hard to hold. Other than that I'd definitely recommend and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by joflo723

The pro's:
I loved how dark and thick it made my lashes. You know how when you get a new mascara, sometimes it's a little too thin, so it takes a week or two for it to *bulk up* and actually make your lashes look thick? Well this one was great...it was already nice and thick brand new. And I loved how dark it was (I got the darkest..."really black" I think?). It definately wins over a lot of other d/s mascaras for thickening IMO. And unlike a lot of reviewers, I had no trouble working the fat brush. It was a little tough on the lower lashes, but no trouble for me on the uppers.

Con's:
Totally removed the curl from my lashes. I curl first and it just straightened them right back out! Also, it doesn't say that it's waterproof, but this stuff was almost impossible to get off. Even with my DCH Deep Cleansing oil, which up until now hadn't met a mascara it couldn't take off! Another thing, and this could be purely coincidental and unrelated, but my eyes burned and watered a lot this weekend, and this was the only change I had made, so the cause is pointing to Lash Blast (which is weird though because my eyes have never been sensitive before to any mascaras).

Today...I used Lash Blast over my CG Professional mascara, and the results were great! My CG Professional held the curl in my lashes, and the LB bulked them up. As long as I don't keep having trouble with my eyes stinging, I may keep it just for layering. However, I don't think I'll be repurchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this gave me fat lashes but gave it no length watsoever which i really need. a great mascara but i still like lash exact better since that gives me both fat and long lashes.
update:
ok so i put lash exact on the left eye and lash blast on the right and lash exact is the winner. lash exact made my lashes look longer, thicker and kept it's curl...but lash blast lost it's curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 12:02:00 PM More reviews by loreleilee33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh, Lash Blizzle. I am a believer.

At first, I did not like you. I was underwhelmed by you. But now, after mastering your fat plastic brush, I have long, voluminized, jet black eyelashes. Sometimes I fondle your big orange tube in my purse, comforted by the fact that I do not have to be without you ever again.

I love you.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by JesssicaRabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was initially skeptical about this product only because I have really hard to curl lashes and most mascaras actually weigh my lashes down.

I searched high and low for this product and could only find it at Target. True, the packaging is fun and easy to spot! Love the orange tube!

So I took Lash Blast home and tried it out. Initially--WOW. The mascara is *so* black (which is GREAT!) and made my lashes long, long, long and sexy. However, the inevitable happened--my lashes didn't hold their curl and fell flat. The same thing happened yesterday when I wore Lash Blast to work--when I got home, my lashes were stick-straight. Ugh. How disappointing! I wanted Bardot eyes!

Anyway, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who doesn't have trouble curling their lashes--the color is super dark and the formula feels nice. It's just not for me--I'll stick with my Lash Discovery and Full N'Soft combo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 9:48:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, I have to put in my 2 cents on this. I LOVE it. A big, bright orange tube of Mascara is just fun! When I saw the brush I was a little put off, but I have tried Benefit Bad Gal and others with bigger burshes. I had absolutely no problems with this poking or smudging. I apply a coat, wait a little, apply another, and then wait and then one more, for three total applications. EDIT: I find if I " comb out" after the second coat, the lashes don't get quite to "crunchy feeling, bu I get these lovely, long, flirty, curled lashes. This works beautifully for me. I am not saying it's going to work for everyone, because everyone is different and wants different qualities in their mascara. But I just really LOVE this product, (yes, I gotta say it twice). I will definitely repurchase it. It was approx. $8 in the CVS where I bought it, but saw it @ $6.98 @ Wal-Mart. The tube IS huge, but hey, you can find it better that way. For the price, it's worth a try.