Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

I fell victim to the hype.
This is probably one of the best drug store mascara's that i've found.. but it's definately not the best mascara ever made.
I do admit that I thought this mascara was going to suck. I've tried the other Lash Exact and Volume Exact and was never impressed with their "revolutionary" brush. I prefer the original brush instead of the plastic type with the separated spikes.
Overall, this product is good. However, it didn't stop me from purchasing Diorshow.. and I personally think that Diorshow is better.

Did a fine job of giving me really nice lashes. I love this mascara and I am very picky. This is a pretty large tube but I have large hands so no problem. I think if you have small hands this might be harder to apply. Just a thought.

Hmmm... HHHHMMMMM..... I guess this is an ok mascara. It's definitely not my favorite and it definitely doesn't "blast" my lashes away. It more or less looks like I have a mascara that doesn't flake or smudge at all but doesn't do anything else - haha! I still prefer my Rimmel Lycra the best out of all mascaras I have tried and I have tried a lot - both HE and DS.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Saw it on an end cap and thought "why not?" The last 3 tubes of DS mascara I have bought were CG Lash Exact (see my other review) and I actually meant to buy that - but I am fickle. My lashes are average length, I have many of them but they are VERY fine. One coat seems to lengthen them enough and create some volume at the roots, 2 coats and I get spidery (BUT, I can't use an eye lash comb to save my life, so take that with a grain of salt).

The SIZE of this brush, as previously mentioned often, made it interesting to apply. Not difficult, but not what I am used to. My eyes are fairly large and not deeply set at all but I still had some issues and had to grab the Q-tips.....

It's 10 hours later, it looks just as it did when I applied. I might purchase it again, but I doubt it. I think I may just try to find a good primer for when I want volume.....

Well, here's my own 2 cents on this mascara.

First of all, the tube isn't quite as huge as everyone has said. It's actually not much bigger than the Maybelline Volume Express tube. I sorta like the distinctive orange case--that and the size makes this easy to find, though it does take up a lot of space in my train case. One thing I definitely don't like is how the mascara wand is squared off at the tip rather than tapering to a smaller point. This design makes it difficult to get the wee lashes at the inner corners of my eyes. It's not impossible, but it's not easy.

I have short, fine, sparse lashes and am always looking for (mostly) volume and thickness and (some) added length. My favorite mascaras are Maybelline Full 'n' Soft (waterproof), Maybelline Volume Express, Cover Girl Volume Exact, and L'Oreal Voluminous (waterproof). Overall, I'd say this mascara is decent but not awesome.

The formula is wetter than most of CG's other ones, including Volume Exact. It's not quite as wet as Maybelline's though. I prefer a wetter formula since I think it clumps less. This didn't give much added color, thickness or length with one or even two coats. It took about three or four to get the amount of volume that I'm used to with any of the other mascaras in my rotation. Fortunately, this doesn't really clump (I say "really" because with four coats, any mascara will clump at least a tiny bit) and I actually prefer wearing a coat or two of this OVER another mascara like F'n'S so I don't have to spend so much time building up layers to get the desired volume. The brush is sorta ingenious since it won't make my lashes look like spider legs even after so many layers.

This sorta weighs down my curled lashes slightly, as most non-waterproof mascaras do, but it holds the curl decently enough through the day. I think I prefer Volume Exact to Lash Blast since it gives me a more dramatic look with fewer coats (though it does tend to be clumpier--nothing my Tweezerman lash comb can't fix, though). If they came out with a waterproof version, I'd try it but I don't think I'll repurchase Lash Blast.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I must say, I fed into the hype around this product. I found this at my local wal-mart and instantly purchased it in the very black. I was curious to see how it compared to volume exact and lash exact. I must say, the lash blast is just about twice the size of volume exact, and the lash blast is only 6.95 at my wal-mart, about the same price as volume exact and they do pretty much the same thing for my lashes. I wouldn't say that this is the best mascara out there, but, I can tell you that it is better than the diorshow mascara on my lashes, and diorshow is soooo much more!

When I put this on I did notice that there was little to no clumps in my lashes, something that I can't say for volume exact. The very black is a true, deep black, so if you are looking for a super black mascara, this one is probably for you. I have just about no lashes, and this did a pretty good job at finding the ones that I do have and plumping them up. I can say that I like my lashes to be LONG, and this mascara did more volumizing that lengthening, which I should have known since the package mainly says VOLUME. This is not the best mascara that I have tried. I would say lash exact is my HG, but it doesn't have near the product amount that lash blast does, and I go through lash exact very fast. So, yes, I would probably end up buying this again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After all the raves about this product...I had to try it. I'm not a fan of the packaging, it looks cheap and bulky. I suppose that's my biggest problem with CG - the cheapy packaging. BUT, Lash Blast is a great mascara and will surely be in my kit for a while. It separates beautifully and gives lashes a truly plush look without clumps. The very black is VERY black and the look lasts all day with minimal to no smudges.

For the price, this is a fantastic mascara and worth trying. I

Wow there are a lot of review on this product already! Well, I saw all the hype and had to try it, and I really like it. Granted I've only used a couple of other mascaras ever, but this makes my lashes look great. I think it's comparable to volume exact but it gives more volume and length overall. I got the very black since my lashes are already black and it makes them verrry dark. Love it!

I bought into the hype and decided to purchase this. I'm really glad that I did. It's great stuff and it really lengthens and thickens my eye-lashes without major clumping. I also notice less flaking with this product and it's very easy to take off at night. The tube is a little crazy and this is a little expensive for a drugstore mascara IMO...but I still think it's worth it.

I will not repurchase this mascara. Loreal Voluminous continues to be my HG. I will say that it is not a *bad* mascara, but just simply average. It does offer a decent amount of thickening and just normal for lengthening. That being said it would not pay $9 or $10 for this again when I can get much better for $7 or $8 (and sometimes for $3.99!) The wand is sorta hard to hang onto as it is very chubby and the mascara is also very runny-I had a huge clump of it fall onto my lashes which caused me to completely clean my already made up face and start all over. (Trying to remove w/tissue and lash comb was fruitless.)

Another note of caution: I am not the wash-your-makeup-off-before-bed kind of a person and it's never been a problem for me....until this morning....the Lash Blast was crumbling and when it fell into my eye it burned like a mother!

Popular Mascaras