December 19, 2014 | 866 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

REFORMULATED. Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=153868/ColorStay-Makeup-%2824-hour-formula---2012/2013%29/Revlon/Liquid

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2006 12:20:00 AM More reviews by mayomi18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I haven't tried the new formula yet but I love the old one. I don't wear this often because I don't need as much coverage as I once did, but when I have one of those "yuck" days when my skin is just blah... I put this on and voila... beautiful again! :)
I think this is the best drug store foundation I've come across (and believe me, I tried them all). It lasts all day, doesn't turn orange and the color matches my skin tone perfectly.
I would say I'd repurchase but I've heard so many bad things about the new formula that I may not.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2006 4:19:00 PM More reviews by shoeboxoftrees

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Oh dear. this product made me break out the worst i've ever had. if you wish to try this, i suggest trying it on a small patch of skin near your temple where it will not be notcible if you have the same results as me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2006 1:22:00 PM More reviews by MissRiss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The old colorstay without Softflex was the best! It provided very even medium/full coverage for my uneven, ruddy, oily t-zone, sometimes breakout-prone skin. I usually only had to blot and powder at lunchtime and it looked fine the rest of the workday. The new version with softflex does not give as much coverage(in my oilier areas especially). Plus I don't think it stays on as long either (especially on my nose and chin). It's not a bad buy but don't expect a miracle. Maybe the norm/dry one works better than the norm/oily. Give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2006 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Alistrand

Why did they tamper with the original colorstay formula? I am giving 5 stars to the old formula of Colorstay foundation NOT THE NEW! Neither the new formulation for dry skin or oily skin even come close to the longevity of the original formula. I am someone with few skin issues but major blotchiness. With the old formula I would put it on in the morning and not worry ALL DAY..even a beach day about that foundation wearing off...it never did. Both new formulas are just your standard foundations without the the long lasting properties that made everyone love the original so much. PLEASE BRING BACK OUR COLORSTAY! and while you are at it...bring back that amazing concealer stick...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2006 2:57:00 PM More reviews by somethingstupid

I got this for $3.00 at a store called Big Lots. 07 true beige was a little too dark for me so i mixed it with my pure makeup foundation that was too light. I got the perfect color and coverage. This is a good foundation for me but I'm sure theres better out there. I think I may have bought the old one not sold in normal stores [wasnt softflex]. Overall this is a good everyday foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2006 10:54:00 AM More reviews by jautumnw

I've tried both formula's--old and new.
The new one with the softflex doesn't have the lasting power that the old one has. Plus, the lid on mine broke when I tried to close it too tight. =(
I ended up throwing it away after a while...the weather was starting to warm up, anyway, so I figured I'd start using the original formula.
If you use either one, make sure you REALLY get it off when you wash your face.
I usually just wash with a bar of Dove, and found that one washing wasn't enough! Sometimes two times wasn't enough, either. So I eventually resorted to washing once with Dove, scrubbing my face with a washcloth, and then washing once again with Dove.
Just a tip--unless you like breakouts. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2006 8:25:00 AM More reviews by df1965

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I happen to love this foundation. It goes on OK, a bit tricky to get even, but LASTS a long time. No orangey color after all day. I have tried the new addition to the colorstay foundation, the product where they've added "soft flex"technology and I find it doesn't waer as long as the original product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2006 11:26:00 AM More reviews by brownsuga31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makeup is awful. I tried it because I saw it has shades for people like me, but the coverage is awful and the finish is hideous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2006 2:28:00 AM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! This is amazing stuff! I am so glad I discovered this in swap otherwise I would have never purchased it. This is just like a liquid version of my HG foundation MAC Studiofix. But amazingly this looks much better than my Stufiofix!! The application is flawless, doesn't clump up around my nose and accentuate fine lines like my Studiofix powder foundation does. It smells like Elmer's Glue (!) and to be honest it sticks like glue. All day long it doesn't budge even through sweating and hot weather it's awesome. I am MAC C3 and 06 Medium Beige in the Colorstay for reference. Enjoy! :o)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2006 1:08:00 AM More reviews by wild4pigs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Does anybody else have issues with the "new" formula? Loved the old stuff. Stayed like glue. The new stuff is oily on me in 30 minutes (and I'm using the oily skin version)My skin isn't even this oily on it's own. WHY????? Why must they change a good thing!!!!