August 23, 2014 | 1903 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2006 10:54:00 AM More reviews by jautumnw

I've tried both formula's--old and new.
    The new one with the softflex doesn't have the lasting power that the old one has. Plus, the lid on mine broke when I tried to close it too tight. =(
    I ended up throwing it away after a while...the weather was starting to warm up, anyway, so I figured I'd start using the original formula.
    If you use either one, make sure you REALLY get it off when you wash your face.
    I usually just wash with a bar of Dove, and found that one washing wasn't enough! Sometimes two times wasn't enough, either. So I eventually resorted to washing once with Dove, scrubbing my face with a washcloth, and then washing once again with Dove.
    Just a tip--unless you like breakouts. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2006 8:25:00 AM More reviews by df1965

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I happen to love this foundation. It goes on OK, a bit tricky to get even, but LASTS a long time. No orangey color after all day. I have tried the new addition to the colorstay foundation, the product where they've added "soft flex"technology and I find it doesn't waer as long as the original product.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2006 11:26:00 AM More reviews by brownsuga31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This makeup is awful. I tried it because I saw it has shades for people like me, but the coverage is awful and the finish is hideous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2006 2:28:00 AM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! This is amazing stuff! I am so glad I discovered this in swap otherwise I would have never purchased it. This is just like a liquid version of my HG foundation MAC Studiofix. But amazingly this looks much better than my Stufiofix!! The application is flawless, doesn't clump up around my nose and accentuate fine lines like my Studiofix powder foundation does. It smells like Elmer's Glue (!) and to be honest it sticks like glue. All day long it doesn't budge even through sweating and hot weather it's awesome. I am MAC C3 and 06 Medium Beige in the Colorstay for reference. Enjoy! :o)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2006 1:08:00 AM More reviews by wild4pigs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Does anybody else have issues with the "new" formula? Loved the old stuff. Stayed like glue. The new stuff is oily on me in 30 minutes (and I'm using the oily skin version)My skin isn't even this oily on it's own. WHY????? Why must they change a good thing!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2006 7:54:00 PM More reviews by pugmommy7

I recently purchased this product because I am a mineral makeup wearer, and found that it sweats right off my face in the humidity.I have oily skin and bought the formula for oily/normal.
    I did some research online to find a good,long lasting founation that provides medium coverage and LONG WEAR.
    This seems to be it.
    It went on beautifully,builds well,dries quickly(-but not too quickly to work with) After a few minutes(in the mid altantic humidity)it set to a beautiful FLAWLESS finish.
    Update:still love it,and keep going back to it again and again!
    I have purchase Armani,Laura Mercier and MUFE based on hype but always return to my Colorstay.
    For a sheerer version I love the colorstay active. it has spf 25.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2006 11:13:00 AM More reviews by myoung82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2006 4:50:00 PM More reviews by yanyan262

I was looking for medium coverage foundation. I found it in a grocery store on sale and I thought I hit a jackpot with such good reviews on MUA. I was quickly disappointed after it caused breakout on my forehead. I never had a break out with any kind of cosmetics before.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2006 12:24:00 PM More reviews by ranlynn

This is a great makeup for anyone who doesnt like to constantly touch up their makeup. It really is an 8-10hr makeup (even though I've seen it advertised as a 12-16hr makeup) I can put this on at 8am and go all day long without a single touch up (by the way, I really suggest NOT touching up this makeup because it sets in 60 seconds and if you try to apply more later it just clumps up!) I put this on before work (no powder) and wash it off around 6pm and apply it again if I am going out to dinner or something (but this really isnt a must unless you really want to look fresh going out).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2006 11:33:00 AM More reviews by ravenmcc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hated it. It did not blend properly and caked up. It is nearly impossible to remove. I tried cleaning my makeup sponges and could not remove it from them so imagion how hard it is to get off your skin. I have an oily tzone and this make up made me break out bad.