October 25, 2014 | 1794 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by angelpaws

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this foundation today at target in Buff 02. As soon as I tested it out at home I realized that I got the wrong shade. It is yellow based and I have pink undertones. The coverage seemed okay on the small spot on my chin where I tested it. I can't say much about how long it lasts. I will say that I took off some lippies for the smell. It smells like alcohol. Perhaps my bottle was bad because I don't notice many others commenting on the offensive odor (and I generally don't have a sensitive nose).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2006 6:27:00 AM More reviews by nicci833

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not good for oily skin, 30 min later my skin was already oily. Didn't have much staying power either. I am not going to repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2006 6:03:00 AM More reviews by shakerattlerock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I prefer full coverage when it comes to foundation as I have bad skin (acne scars, uneven tone etc) and am really impressed with this product. I find that with many drugstore brands the lightest shade is never pale enough for me but 'ivory' is great. It blends well and creates an even complexion. I don't find it too thick like other reviews have mentioned. It is cheaper than high end brands which I have tried (and hated) but probably the most expensive in a drugstore (usually £10 but on special offer a lot, I got mine for £5). I would really recommend trying this product if you perhaps have a not so flawless complexion and would like fuller coverage, I know I'll be sticking with this product for a long time! I have heard Dita Von Teese uses this foundation and her skin looks flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2006 8:24:00 AM More reviews by sMurfy164

My skin type: Combination skin, which is acne-prone and has old acne marks.
    /b
    Color: Chanel (20-Clair/30 Aurore), Estee Lauder (02-Sand), Laura Mercier (Sunny beige), Revlon (Nude), Shiseido (SP40).
    /b
    PROS:
    * Excellent coverage (Covers most marks)
    * Oil-free (It is one of the best foundation that I've tried in terms oil-control)
    * Long lasting (No touch-ups during the day)
    * Easy blending using a wet sponge
    /b
    CONS:
    * Limited colour range
    * Finish is 'too' matte which makes the face looks dull
    /b
    Conclusion: This is one of the best foundation I've used, which can cover well and has good oil-controlling properties. However, I am still on my search for the perfect foundation which can bring a glow to my face while controlling my over-active oil glands on my nose.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2006 12:05:00 PM More reviews by trishyco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a makeup artist and I used this product on myself and all of my friends in a recent wedding. We looked great! It has excellent coverage and holds up all day long. They sell it in little sample tubes at some drug stores and I highly recommend everyone give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by fififiona

I definitely have a love/hate affair with this foundation. I like that it lasts and lasts... and lasts. Bad thing about it: the colours suck. Maybe it's just me but I've tried 4 different shades of this and every single one of them makes me look nasty and ashy. I prefer to only use it for my nose (aka blackhead HQ) since it can hold up through my blotting 3x a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2006 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ratched1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by freshmintskittle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never tried the old formula, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing with the new SoftFlex formula. I'll say that it works better for me than any other foundation I've tried; it doesn't make me break out, it matches my skin tone perfectly (Ivory is my shade), has pretty good coverage, and doesn't feel too heavy. The staying power is pretty good for me... by the afternoon I usually have to powder my forhead, and it tends to wear off where I've layered it over blemishes, but other than that, it's good. However, I probably won't repurchase, because it takes more layering over my blemishes than I'd like, and I've been having to blend it with moisturizer before applying to keep it blendable (and I do blend quickly, but on my fair skin it can look really obvious if not blended really well) and not too powdery, which I don't mind doing every once in a while, but I end up making a gunky mess all over my counter every morning! So, overall, it's a pretty good foundation, but I'm still searching for something more. ;-p

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2006 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Rubberducky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using Revlon ColorStay Foundation for over 5 years now and never had a complaint until Revlon in the last year or two decided to become inconsistant with the shades and colors. i usually wear the shade Cappuccino but lately in t he Soft Flex version the color has completely changed. Other than it is very good product, i live in the tropics and this foundation holds up heat and sweat.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2006 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Jods101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation for a long time, even the "old" formula. I use the oily/combo formula .I love this stuff and haven't found anything else (I've tried alot!) that I like as much. I think I like the new "Softflex" formula better than the old. It's easier to blend and isn't as dry feeling as the old stuff. It gives buildable coverage (which is great for people like me that love full coverage foundation) But it doesn't feel heavy or cakey. It covers my flaws pretty well and what it doesn't cover (bad dark circles) I use a concealer for. I set it with a little powder and I have no problem with it lasting all day. Even after touching my face here and there all day. It doesn't feel like I have makeup on. I use the lightest color, which is Ivory and it matches my skin tone perfectly. I can't wear foundations with pink undertones so I like that this is more yellow undertoned. It will set after a few minutes but there is plenty of time to blend it. I might keep trying other things but I'll alway's go back to this. (Unless I find my HG foundation. This is as close as I've come to that!)