Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 5/11/2007 9:33:00 PM

Well, no make up ever stays on my skill all day, and neither does this. However, of the different brands that I have tried, this has worked the best. It will last my whole day of classes, which is better than I can say for most brands. Also I like the fact that they make a special formula for oily skin, and I have gone through about 4 bottles and it has never made me break out. Also, the shades are a lot better than most because they dont have that obnoxious pink undertone.

on 5/9/2007 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the perfect foundation for my super oily skin. It's the best liquid foundation I've found so far that helps control oil. It's long lasting and it doesn't even feel like I have foundation on. In fact I have slept in it a couple of times and it didn't cause me to breakout. Makes my skin soft and smooth. I use it for weekends and anytime I'm going out. For work I use mineral foundation. Definetly a keeper!

on 4/24/2007 10:58:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this foundation!! I have bought sooo many long lasting foundations and this is the ONLY one that lasts and controls oil ALL day. I wish I had found it years ago. It mever looks heavy and my skin looks so even and beautiful. Im Mac NC20/25 and use Buff in Colorstay. I don't find anything wrong with getting it off at the end of the day I just use a simple cleansing wipe. PERFECT

on 4/1/2007 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

great coverage, good staying power compared to most foundations but would not say that it lasts all day, the bottle lasts forever since you don't need to use very much, kind of hard to wash off your face though, I've had some luck with mixing foundations so I mix my Colorstay foundation with Kohl's American Beauty half and half so that it gives my face a glow(American Beauty) and lasts a long time(Revlon Colorstay).

on 3/28/2007 11:36:00 AM

I have : combination skin (oily Tzone), shade NC20.

I use this foundation in shade NUDE in the winter and Natural beige in the summer. This has great staying power...lasts for hours, and also GREAT COVERAGE. Because i have combination it can sometimes feel dry on my skin. so if you have dry skin i wouldnt reccommend this, its best for normal/combo. It covers blemishes really well but IT DOES look like your wearing foundation if your going for that natural look i wouldnt buy this foundation. I always tend to come back to this foundation, even doh ive tried MAC, ESTEE LAUDER, CLARINS, CLINIQUE....you name it.

on 3/19/2007 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Since I'm trying to save money for my wedding coming up I've had to get on a tight budget. Meaning I had to start buying cheaper makeup for one. I had heard good things about Revlon Colorstay products being great for the price. First I tried the eye and blemish conceilers and loved both. They didn't crease or run for hours and did not break me out. I tried the foundation for combo/oily skin and was impressed. It seemed to work just as well as my MAC makeup. The conceiler actually worked a little better in my opinion. All 3 of these products are worth giving a try.

I tryed this because I heard so many raves about this from so many other women and it was horrible I tryed the one with the softflex in it and it didnt stay on for over 8 hours like they say it does it made my face look oily and I never have oily skin!! It felt like it was falling off my face, Worst foundation I ever tryed! I dont understand the hype anymore why everyone likes it so much I was super dissapointed in it. Maybe the original formula is better? Maybe I should give the original formula a try?, I dont know if that would make a difference though...?

on 3/3/2007 1:05:00 AM

I scored 3 ($4 each) of these tonight at Big Lots and was very happy about it. I like this version better than the Softflex version, for sure, which is a bit more watery and which also annoys me with that silly reference to something called "comfort technology." (Revlon must think women are totally brainless to buy all that.) So, now I am drowning in Revlon Colorstay foundation and couldn't be happier. I have tried all sorts of top brands and this is the one I like best...go figure. :-)

on 2/12/2007 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Revlon ColorStay has been wonderful. Let me explain this is not for the dry sensitive skin girl. This foundation is great for greasy girls who want a matte look. It blots up the oils and creates a flat matte look that feels beauiful.

Keep in mind this is a foundation that needs be thoroughly removed or acne will bounce back to haunt you. Be wise and remove the make up even if it is 3am and you just want to crash after the party.

Years ago I tried it without the soft flex in a shade called Buff Chamois. I was so upset when they discontinued it. But, years later I tried it again and it seems even better. This foundation really STAYS put. And it dries fast. Move quickly or you'll be stuck. If you do not blend correctly it is stuck where you put it. Unless you scrub hard to get it off. The coverage is excellent but I wonder if it is good (healthy ) for my skin. If it breaks you out in a few days stop using it. So far for me as long as I take the time and effort to remove the make up I have not broken out. The foundation really covers far more than a medium coverage. It is solid and lasts all work day.

Make sure you use mosturizer prior to this foundation that way it is
easier to take off later. A primer might be wise too!

The shades I use work great Buff and Nude. And sometimes Ivory
in areas I need to conceal. Sand Beige does not work for me seams
to oxidize into an ugly orange color. I have tried this in both oil and dry
combinations.

I am not sure but I believe EL is owned by Revlon or the other way around. I think this Revlon Colorstay is a cheaper version of the EL doublewear. Both really stay put.

Doublewear is a great product too just a little more expensive.
So far I like Revolon color stay. It is not my every day make up as sometimes I like less coverage but over all it is a great product.

on 2/7/2007 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Does anyone know if this makeup is drying? I have dry skin and I don't want even dryer skin!

Right now I am using Almay Line Minimizing Foundation and it works very well in hiding fine lines around your eyes.