August 30, 2014 | 986 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2006 7:14:00 AM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a makeup junkie and try all foundations and this is one I tend to go back to. I always have to have a pot of this. You get a lot for your money with this pot and it is also a quality foundation that is trustworthy.

This foundation gives greast coverage, but it needs to be applied on skin that is moisturised at least 20 minutes before application if you have normal/dry skin.
    Oily skin however will love this foundation as it will suck up the all the oil.
    My skin goes through stages and is eaither very dry or combination.

It is gloppy but rubs on the skin smooth. You must remeber to rub it in quickly as it does tend to dry very quickley.

It comes in a variety of shades and it is espacially good for fair skinned girls as the colours are lighter than discribed. I use sand and that is very light. I can't go darker as the shade darker is too dark..

Remeber though the coverage is very good and your natural glow will dissapear so do not ditch the blush whack it on......

I reccomend this for the summer months with a gel/cream blusher so your skin looks dewy.

Good luck with it....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2006 5:34:00 PM More reviews by robbins3910

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this product is great. It has excellent staying power and doesn't rub off on my white collars like many other products did. I find the new added Softflex so much better. It glides on smoothly and I can get a much lighter coverage from it. The only complaint I have with it is that I wish it came in a pump bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by angelpaws

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this foundation today at target in Buff 02. As soon as I tested it out at home I realized that I got the wrong shade. It is yellow based and I have pink undertones. The coverage seemed okay on the small spot on my chin where I tested it. I can't say much about how long it lasts. I will say that I took off some lippies for the smell. It smells like alcohol. Perhaps my bottle was bad because I don't notice many others commenting on the offensive odor (and I generally don't have a sensitive nose).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2006 6:27:00 AM More reviews by nicci833

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not good for oily skin, 30 min later my skin was already oily. Didn't have much staying power either. I am not going to repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2006 6:03:00 AM More reviews by shakerattlerock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I prefer full coverage when it comes to foundation as I have bad skin (acne scars, uneven tone etc) and am really impressed with this product. I find that with many drugstore brands the lightest shade is never pale enough for me but 'ivory' is great. It blends well and creates an even complexion. I don't find it too thick like other reviews have mentioned. It is cheaper than high end brands which I have tried (and hated) but probably the most expensive in a drugstore (usually £10 but on special offer a lot, I got mine for £5). I would really recommend trying this product if you perhaps have a not so flawless complexion and would like fuller coverage, I know I'll be sticking with this product for a long time! I have heard Dita Von Teese uses this foundation and her skin looks flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2006 8:24:00 AM More reviews by sMurfy164

My skin type: Combination skin, which is acne-prone and has old acne marks.
    /b
    Color: Chanel (20-Clair/30 Aurore), Estee Lauder (02-Sand), Laura Mercier (Sunny beige), Revlon (Nude), Shiseido (SP40).
    /b
    PROS:
    * Excellent coverage (Covers most marks)
    * Oil-free (It is one of the best foundation that I've tried in terms oil-control)
    * Long lasting (No touch-ups during the day)
    * Easy blending using a wet sponge
    /b
    CONS:
    * Limited colour range
    * Finish is 'too' matte which makes the face looks dull
    /b
    Conclusion: This is one of the best foundation I've used, which can cover well and has good oil-controlling properties. However, I am still on my search for the perfect foundation which can bring a glow to my face while controlling my over-active oil glands on my nose.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2006 12:05:00 PM More reviews by trishyco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a makeup artist and I used this product on myself and all of my friends in a recent wedding. We looked great! It has excellent coverage and holds up all day long. They sell it in little sample tubes at some drug stores and I highly recommend everyone give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by fififiona

I definitely have a love/hate affair with this foundation. I like that it lasts and lasts... and lasts. Bad thing about it: the colours suck. Maybe it's just me but I've tried 4 different shades of this and every single one of them makes me look nasty and ashy. I prefer to only use it for my nose (aka blackhead HQ) since it can hold up through my blotting 3x a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2006 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ratched1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by freshmintskittle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never tried the old formula, so I guess I don't know what I'm missing with the new SoftFlex formula. I'll say that it works better for me than any other foundation I've tried; it doesn't make me break out, it matches my skin tone perfectly (Ivory is my shade), has pretty good coverage, and doesn't feel too heavy. The staying power is pretty good for me... by the afternoon I usually have to powder my forhead, and it tends to wear off where I've layered it over blemishes, but other than that, it's good. However, I probably won't repurchase, because it takes more layering over my blemishes than I'd like, and I've been having to blend it with moisturizer before applying to keep it blendable (and I do blend quickly, but on my fair skin it can look really obvious if not blended really well) and not too powdery, which I don't mind doing every once in a while, but I end up making a gunky mess all over my counter every morning! So, overall, it's a pretty good foundation, but I'm still searching for something more. ;-p