November 26, 2014 | 965 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 12:24:00 AM More reviews by courtlee128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Since I'm trying to save money for my wedding coming up I've had to get on a tight budget. Meaning I had to start buying cheaper makeup for one. I had heard good things about Revlon Colorstay products being great for the price. First I tried the eye and blemish conceilers and loved both. They didn't crease or run for hours and did not break me out. I tried the foundation for combo/oily skin and was impressed. It seemed to work just as well as my MAC makeup. The conceiler actually worked a little better in my opinion. All 3 of these products are worth giving a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2007 5:52:00 AM More reviews by gwenstefani07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tryed this because I heard so many raves about this from so many other women and it was horrible I tryed the one with the softflex in it and it didnt stay on for over 8 hours like they say it does it made my face look oily and I never have oily skin!! It felt like it was falling off my face, Worst foundation I ever tryed! I dont understand the hype anymore why everyone likes it so much I was super dissapointed in it. Maybe the original formula is better? Maybe I should give the original formula a try?, I dont know if that would make a difference though...?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I scored 3 ($4 each) of these tonight at Big Lots and was very happy about it. I like this version better than the Softflex version, for sure, which is a bit more watery and which also annoys me with that silly reference to something called "comfort technology." (Revlon must think women are totally brainless to buy all that.) So, now I am drowning in Revlon Colorstay foundation and couldn't be happier. I have tried all sorts of top brands and this is the one I like best...go figure. :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Revlon ColorStay has been wonderful. Let me explain this is not for the dry sensitive skin girl. This foundation is great for greasy girls who want a matte look. It blots up the oils and creates a flat matte look that feels beauiful.

Keep in mind this is a foundation that needs be thoroughly removed or acne will bounce back to haunt you. Be wise and remove the make up even if it is 3am and you just want to crash after the party.

Years ago I tried it without the soft flex in a shade called Buff Chamois. I was so upset when they discontinued it. But, years later I tried it again and it seems even better. This foundation really STAYS put. And it dries fast. Move quickly or you'll be stuck. If you do not blend correctly it is stuck where you put it. Unless you scrub hard to get it off. The coverage is excellent but I wonder if it is good (healthy ) for my skin. If it breaks you out in a few days stop using it. So far for me as long as I take the time and effort to remove the make up I have not broken out. The foundation really covers far more than a medium coverage. It is solid and lasts all work day.

Make sure you use mosturizer prior to this foundation that way it is
easier to take off later. A primer might be wise too!

The shades I use work great Buff and Nude. And sometimes Ivory
in areas I need to conceal. Sand Beige does not work for me seams
to oxidize into an ugly orange color. I have tried this in both oil and dry
combinations.

I am not sure but I believe EL is owned by Revlon or the other way around. I think this Revlon Colorstay is a cheaper version of the EL doublewear. Both really stay put.

Doublewear is a great product too just a little more expensive.
So far I like Revolon color stay. It is not my every day make up as sometimes I like less coverage but over all it is a great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2007 4:02:00 AM More reviews by RachelnLuke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Does anyone know if this makeup is drying? I have dry skin and I don't want even dryer skin!

Right now I am using Almay Line Minimizing Foundation and it works very well in hiding fine lines around your eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2007 6:07:00 AM More reviews by katebosworthfan

It looks good on application. But as the day goes on it turns orange!! You can see where the makeup ends and my face begins...perhaps the shade wasn't as good but living in quite a hot country (Australia) and having a stressful busy job....this foundation is not fit for me. It's good to use at night when I can get away with heavier makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2006 12:23:00 PM More reviews by CoconutBreeze

I am not one for wearing foundation. Prehaps I just don't know how to apply it right, but every foundation I have tried, has left my face oily, cakey and orange looking. Blah!!! :(

Anyway, this was on sale, so I thought I would try it. In the past I have bought cheaper foundations, so just maybe that is why I didn't like it. Bad quality etc. Well, i used this one morning and it really did make my face look so much better. I mean it looked more natural. It didn't leave me with streaks. I was happy with the light tan color. I really thought .. wow, prehaps I can wear foundation without it looking bad. I went on about my day, happy and confident that my makeup was looking great.

Well, after a days work.. I went home, looked in the mirror, and OH MY OH MY! It was horrible. My face had turned a burnt orange color. It was streaking, and all clumpy looking. What a awful thing to see after thinking that my foundation was looking good all day. I was so upset. I didn't ever use this again. It even made me break out in places I've never broken out in before. AWFUL is the only word I can describe this product. Revlon is usually a great company, but this product is one of their worst. Prehaps it will work for you, but for me, it was an experience I never want to repeat.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 11:34:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Worst foundation I have tried in a long time. I gave it 2 lippies because 1. it was a good color match which is hard for me to find and 2. because the coverage is pretty good. But it goes downhill from there. It emphasized flakies (even though I had moisturized well beforehand), and then broke me out after ONE use pretty badly. I tried it based on all the MUA recs but apparently YMMV! It went back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by melodypristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh how I love this foundation. No matter what other foundations I try out, this is always the one I use and buy the most often. It stays on through all night partying, sweaty dance classes, swimming, and pretty much any other activity that would usually ruin makeup. And, mind you, I have pretty much the oiliest skin on earth. I break out VERY easily and I get shiny about ten minutes after I wash my face. Yet I still get dry patches! My skin sucks. But this stuff controls it. It covers so well, I don't even NEED concealer. Best of all, it looks very natural and needs minimal touching up throughout the day. I'm a busy college student and it's nice not to have to run to the bathroom after every class to fix my makeup. Since they've added the "Soft Flex" stuff to it, it does tend to break me out a bit but not enough for me to stop using it (I mean, I break out all the time anyway).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2006 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Ninaleen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had been searching for a foundation with good coverage and strong staying power. I had tried high end and low end products and was very disappointed when my SIL recommended this one. Since I was going to a wedding the next day, I bought it and tried it that night (before the wedding) since I was going out with friends. I was so impressed! First of all, the color matched perfectly and counteracted the red in my skin (since the color is rather yellow). Second, the coverage is excellent, makes me look flawless yet I do not feel that it looks like I'm wearing makeup at all- and I have checked under every lighting condition, and in pictures, and have asked my friends' opinions and no one seems to know I'm wearing heavy makeup. Finally, this thing STAYS ON. I mean, it stays on for at least 8-10 hours. I started wearing it to work and my skin looks flawless after 10-12 hr says @ the office. I have to say, that the first time I used it I was a bit scared, because it's soooo thick, it smells like paint, and stuck to my hands lol. Also it's so thick it wouldn't blend easily and I have to use water or cream to make it glide (I use my fingers). I was sure this was going to cause me to break out, but for some reason, it hasn't done so at all; my skin actually looks pretty good. All in all I am VERY happy with this foundation and the whole Colorstay line. If you have *very* acne-prone or sensitive skin, or your skin looks good and only needs light m/u, this might be a bit much. But if you're looking for something with staying power, then this is definitely it.