July 30, 2014 | 1061 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2007 6:07:00 AM More reviews by katebosworthfan

It looks good on application. But as the day goes on it turns orange!! You can see where the makeup ends and my face begins...perhaps the shade wasn't as good but living in quite a hot country (Australia) and having a stressful busy job....this foundation is not fit for me. It's good to use at night when I can get away with heavier makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2006 12:23:00 PM More reviews by CoconutBreeze

I am not one for wearing foundation. Prehaps I just don't know how to apply it right, but every foundation I have tried, has left my face oily, cakey and orange looking. Blah!!! :(

Anyway, this was on sale, so I thought I would try it. In the past I have bought cheaper foundations, so just maybe that is why I didn't like it. Bad quality etc. Well, i used this one morning and it really did make my face look so much better. I mean it looked more natural. It didn't leave me with streaks. I was happy with the light tan color. I really thought .. wow, prehaps I can wear foundation without it looking bad. I went on about my day, happy and confident that my makeup was looking great.

Well, after a days work.. I went home, looked in the mirror, and OH MY OH MY! It was horrible. My face had turned a burnt orange color. It was streaking, and all clumpy looking. What a awful thing to see after thinking that my foundation was looking good all day. I was so upset. I didn't ever use this again. It even made me break out in places I've never broken out in before. AWFUL is the only word I can describe this product. Revlon is usually a great company, but this product is one of their worst. Prehaps it will work for you, but for me, it was an experience I never want to repeat.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 11:34:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Worst foundation I have tried in a long time. I gave it 2 lippies because 1. it was a good color match which is hard for me to find and 2. because the coverage is pretty good. But it goes downhill from there. It emphasized flakies (even though I had moisturized well beforehand), and then broke me out after ONE use pretty badly. I tried it based on all the MUA recs but apparently YMMV! It went back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by melodypristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh how I love this foundation. No matter what other foundations I try out, this is always the one I use and buy the most often. It stays on through all night partying, sweaty dance classes, swimming, and pretty much any other activity that would usually ruin makeup. And, mind you, I have pretty much the oiliest skin on earth. I break out VERY easily and I get shiny about ten minutes after I wash my face. Yet I still get dry patches! My skin sucks. But this stuff controls it. It covers so well, I don't even NEED concealer. Best of all, it looks very natural and needs minimal touching up throughout the day. I'm a busy college student and it's nice not to have to run to the bathroom after every class to fix my makeup. Since they've added the "Soft Flex" stuff to it, it does tend to break me out a bit but not enough for me to stop using it (I mean, I break out all the time anyway).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2006 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Ninaleen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had been searching for a foundation with good coverage and strong staying power. I had tried high end and low end products and was very disappointed when my SIL recommended this one. Since I was going to a wedding the next day, I bought it and tried it that night (before the wedding) since I was going out with friends. I was so impressed! First of all, the color matched perfectly and counteracted the red in my skin (since the color is rather yellow). Second, the coverage is excellent, makes me look flawless yet I do not feel that it looks like I'm wearing makeup at all- and I have checked under every lighting condition, and in pictures, and have asked my friends' opinions and no one seems to know I'm wearing heavy makeup. Finally, this thing STAYS ON. I mean, it stays on for at least 8-10 hours. I started wearing it to work and my skin looks flawless after 10-12 hr says @ the office. I have to say, that the first time I used it I was a bit scared, because it's soooo thick, it smells like paint, and stuck to my hands lol. Also it's so thick it wouldn't blend easily and I have to use water or cream to make it glide (I use my fingers). I was sure this was going to cause me to break out, but for some reason, it hasn't done so at all; my skin actually looks pretty good. All in all I am VERY happy with this foundation and the whole Colorstay line. If you have *very* acne-prone or sensitive skin, or your skin looks good and only needs light m/u, this might be a bit much. But if you're looking for something with staying power, then this is definitely it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2006 7:43:00 PM More reviews by mel2

I used to love this foundation so last night when I went out I decided to wear it, but think the foundation gives a bit too much coverage for me and the smells a bit too much. Have this foundation in nude which is a good colour for me when I apply my fake tan. I'd probably prefer the colourstay naturals :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2006 3:33:00 PM More reviews by xxstar25xx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I had found my HG foundation with this one. It stays all day and keeps my face from getting shiny..Then I saw myself in pictures wearing it..Horrible! Gives a whitish cast in pictures. The search continues...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2006 7:14:00 AM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a makeup junkie and try all foundations and this is one I tend to go back to. I always have to have a pot of this. You get a lot for your money with this pot and it is also a quality foundation that is trustworthy.

This foundation gives greast coverage, but it needs to be applied on skin that is moisturised at least 20 minutes before application if you have normal/dry skin.
    Oily skin however will love this foundation as it will suck up the all the oil.
    My skin goes through stages and is eaither very dry or combination.

It is gloppy but rubs on the skin smooth. You must remeber to rub it in quickly as it does tend to dry very quickley.

It comes in a variety of shades and it is espacially good for fair skinned girls as the colours are lighter than discribed. I use sand and that is very light. I can't go darker as the shade darker is too dark..

Remeber though the coverage is very good and your natural glow will dissapear so do not ditch the blush whack it on......

I reccomend this for the summer months with a gel/cream blusher so your skin looks dewy.

Good luck with it....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2006 5:34:00 PM More reviews by robbins3910

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this product is great. It has excellent staying power and doesn't rub off on my white collars like many other products did. I find the new added Softflex so much better. It glides on smoothly and I can get a much lighter coverage from it. The only complaint I have with it is that I wish it came in a pump bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by angelpaws

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this foundation today at target in Buff 02. As soon as I tested it out at home I realized that I got the wrong shade. It is yellow based and I have pink undertones. The coverage seemed okay on the small spot on my chin where I tested it. I can't say much about how long it lasts. I will say that I took off some lippies for the smell. It smells like alcohol. Perhaps my bottle was bad because I don't notice many others commenting on the offensive odor (and I generally don't have a sensitive nose).