July 23, 2014 | 2001 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 11:34:00 AM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Worst foundation I have tried in a long time. I gave it 2 lippies because 1. it was a good color match which is hard for me to find and 2. because the coverage is pretty good. But it goes downhill from there. It emphasized flakies (even though I had moisturized well beforehand), and then broke me out after ONE use pretty badly. I tried it based on all the MUA recs but apparently YMMV! It went back to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by melodypristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh how I love this foundation. No matter what other foundations I try out, this is always the one I use and buy the most often. It stays on through all night partying, sweaty dance classes, swimming, and pretty much any other activity that would usually ruin makeup. And, mind you, I have pretty much the oiliest skin on earth. I break out VERY easily and I get shiny about ten minutes after I wash my face. Yet I still get dry patches! My skin sucks. But this stuff controls it. It covers so well, I don't even NEED concealer. Best of all, it looks very natural and needs minimal touching up throughout the day. I'm a busy college student and it's nice not to have to run to the bathroom after every class to fix my makeup. Since they've added the "Soft Flex" stuff to it, it does tend to break me out a bit but not enough for me to stop using it (I mean, I break out all the time anyway).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2006 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Ninaleen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had been searching for a foundation with good coverage and strong staying power. I had tried high end and low end products and was very disappointed when my SIL recommended this one. Since I was going to a wedding the next day, I bought it and tried it that night (before the wedding) since I was going out with friends. I was so impressed! First of all, the color matched perfectly and counteracted the red in my skin (since the color is rather yellow). Second, the coverage is excellent, makes me look flawless yet I do not feel that it looks like I'm wearing makeup at all- and I have checked under every lighting condition, and in pictures, and have asked my friends' opinions and no one seems to know I'm wearing heavy makeup. Finally, this thing STAYS ON. I mean, it stays on for at least 8-10 hours. I started wearing it to work and my skin looks flawless after 10-12 hr says @ the office. I have to say, that the first time I used it I was a bit scared, because it's soooo thick, it smells like paint, and stuck to my hands lol. Also it's so thick it wouldn't blend easily and I have to use water or cream to make it glide (I use my fingers). I was sure this was going to cause me to break out, but for some reason, it hasn't done so at all; my skin actually looks pretty good. All in all I am VERY happy with this foundation and the whole Colorstay line. If you have *very* acne-prone or sensitive skin, or your skin looks good and only needs light m/u, this might be a bit much. But if you're looking for something with staying power, then this is definitely it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2006 7:43:00 PM More reviews by mel2

I used to love this foundation so last night when I went out I decided to wear it, but think the foundation gives a bit too much coverage for me and the smells a bit too much. Have this foundation in nude which is a good colour for me when I apply my fake tan. I'd probably prefer the colourstay naturals :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2006 3:33:00 PM More reviews by xxstar25xx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought I had found my HG foundation with this one. It stays all day and keeps my face from getting shiny..Then I saw myself in pictures wearing it..Horrible! Gives a whitish cast in pictures. The search continues...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2006 7:14:00 AM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a makeup junkie and try all foundations and this is one I tend to go back to. I always have to have a pot of this. You get a lot for your money with this pot and it is also a quality foundation that is trustworthy.

This foundation gives greast coverage, but it needs to be applied on skin that is moisturised at least 20 minutes before application if you have normal/dry skin.
    Oily skin however will love this foundation as it will suck up the all the oil.
    My skin goes through stages and is eaither very dry or combination.

It is gloppy but rubs on the skin smooth. You must remeber to rub it in quickly as it does tend to dry very quickley.

It comes in a variety of shades and it is espacially good for fair skinned girls as the colours are lighter than discribed. I use sand and that is very light. I can't go darker as the shade darker is too dark..

Remeber though the coverage is very good and your natural glow will dissapear so do not ditch the blush whack it on......

I reccomend this for the summer months with a gel/cream blusher so your skin looks dewy.

Good luck with it....

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2006 5:34:00 PM More reviews by robbins3910

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this product is great. It has excellent staying power and doesn't rub off on my white collars like many other products did. I find the new added Softflex so much better. It glides on smoothly and I can get a much lighter coverage from it. The only complaint I have with it is that I wish it came in a pump bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by angelpaws

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this foundation today at target in Buff 02. As soon as I tested it out at home I realized that I got the wrong shade. It is yellow based and I have pink undertones. The coverage seemed okay on the small spot on my chin where I tested it. I can't say much about how long it lasts. I will say that I took off some lippies for the smell. It smells like alcohol. Perhaps my bottle was bad because I don't notice many others commenting on the offensive odor (and I generally don't have a sensitive nose).

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2006 6:27:00 AM More reviews by nicci833

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not good for oily skin, 30 min later my skin was already oily. Didn't have much staying power either. I am not going to repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2006 6:03:00 AM More reviews by shakerattlerock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I prefer full coverage when it comes to foundation as I have bad skin (acne scars, uneven tone etc) and am really impressed with this product. I find that with many drugstore brands the lightest shade is never pale enough for me but 'ivory' is great. It blends well and creates an even complexion. I don't find it too thick like other reviews have mentioned. It is cheaper than high end brands which I have tried (and hated) but probably the most expensive in a drugstore (usually £10 but on special offer a lot, I got mine for £5). I would really recommend trying this product if you perhaps have a not so flawless complexion and would like fuller coverage, I know I'll be sticking with this product for a long time! I have heard Dita Von Teese uses this foundation and her skin looks flawless.