Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 12/5/2007 4:24:00 PM

Never had a chance to try the original version, but I have tried the softflex one for normal/dry.

I really like this foundation when I need a glow-y look, but it's not my HG.

I use this in Ivory which is a fair/cool tone, and I'm really impressed by how the color stays true. It doesn't oxidize, but is a touch pinker than I would like. Gonna try "buff" next.

The finish is also wonderful, it provides ample coverage with minimal cakieness (But it does get a bit cakey after a few hours, nothing super obvious). I have dry/combo skin and the finish is very smooth and helped even out some of my dry patches.

So yes, check this stuff out if your on a HG search.

on 11/20/2007 7:41:00 PM

I've been using this for eons now and I do like it. I use buff which is a 100% match to my very fair, golden-toned skin. It isn't long-wearing in my opinion and I do need touch-ups after about 4 hours. I use it when I want lighter coverage than my Estee Lauder Double Wear will give me. But, it's the perfect match to my skin color that keeps me coming back.

on 11/10/2007 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I used to have this in Buff. Although it really was long-lasting and provided good coverage, it smelled funny and accentuated flakes. Lately I've been using the Softflex version for normal to dry skin, and I like it more.

on 10/30/2007 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I chose the one for dry skin, I found the colour was a little dark for my skin. I also thought the liquid was abit thick, however my skin looked flawless and moisturised- no signs of dryness and it lasted ages on my skin.
I find this is best when mixed with a little lighter foundation to make it a little lighter and less thick and then its perfect!! I also think revlon should make a dispenser bottle as I waste alot pouring it.

However I only use this only a night out as I think it's a little too heavy for in the day.

on 10/22/2007 1:19:00 PM

I agree with the reviewer who said this is the "colorstay with out soft flex". I purchased this at BigLots for $4.00. It does not have Soft-flex in it but it does have SPF. I bought Ivory. I am very fair with some occasional redness. I applied it with a make-up sponge, the triangle ones. You do have to do one area at a time because it does dry fast. Blotting worked best instead of wiping it on. Ivory does not seem to have any pink undertones in it. It does seem sticky after your done applying, but if you wait it does seem to change. I'm sure it has to dry. So don't put any powder on just then. I didn't have to powder my nose for hours. I does it's job of staying on and covering everything! Sometimes I may want something a little lighter to wear for everyday use. But this is the foundation to use for when you want to look your best and have a flawless look. Like for pictures or on camera. Or when you want to show up at that reunion ,and show all those people who made fun of your acne, who's the pretty one now!!!!! Bring it on!

on 10/21/2007 3:01:00 PM

This foundation goes on very smoothly and blends like a dream. It has a medium coverage--perfect for girls with the occasionaly breakouts. The color selection was very good, but I found that it causes my face to look oily a few hours after application. So, I started putting a loose powder like MAC Blot Powder over it and I found it slightly minimized this side-effect. Other than that, it looks very natural and does what it's supposed to.

on 10/21/2007 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For some reason Revlon products give me burning. It's like my head is on fire and not in the cool way that Nicholas Cage burned in Ghost Rider. This burning starts off slow and escalates within seconds to feel like my skin is dripping off, basically a chemical burn leaving my skin slightly red. There must be some harsh chemicals in there because I have only experienced this with Revlon skin products. A shame as they have some pretty cool colours and I am a sucker for the celebrity advertisements.

on 10/7/2007 11:54:00 PM

I am using this foundation for about 12 years now, and would agree that the older version of the make up was much better.I do love the coverage, and the shade I am using is Sand beige. When I first apply it, it looks a bit pale, but after 30 min. or so it changes to the right shade for my skin. The bottle is what I don't like. After a while I find that foundation in the bottle changes colour and it becomes thicker than it should be. It is harder to apply it when that happens. But I don't think I am going to stop to use it. It still gives me that nice matte coverage.

on 9/28/2007 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. It really does stay on longer than any other i've tried and it covers really well. I am really pale though and even the lightest doesn't totally match my skin so i do have to use a lighter powder to help lighten it. But i keep coming back and buying more until i find something that covers and smooths as well as this.

on 9/23/2007 9:59:00 PM

This foundation is ok. The lightest shade was too dark for me, but I'm used to that by now. I am very pale. The coverage was decent and I son't think it broke my skin out at all, but the fragrance was horrible. Plus, it often ended up looking streaky since it dries so fast. I'm sure this foundation would work for some people, but I know that I can find better. I will not repurchase.