August 27, 2014 | 984 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation ends up looking very mask-like if you're not extremely careful when you apply it. You must have a very light hand, and be quick for it to look natural at all. Also on me it oxidized within a couple hours and turned orange, and it didn't really do anything for oil control. When my oil started to break through the foundation started looking clumpy and weird. Ew! I suppose for evening and if your face isn't super oily this would work ok, but it's not a good one for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by sarahannej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to level with you. This product is horrible. It DOES NOT BLEND. The moment you apply it to your face it begins drying out. It really does STAY PUT wherever it is put. It is also a horrible *itch to get off your face. Heaven forbid you should blend it incorrectly- because you will have to scrub your face clean and start all over. Once you make a mistake it will NOT come off. It also looks very "mask like". Ugh. This is the worst product I have ever tried. Never again (shaking head), Never again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by nowornever56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, no make up ever stays on my skill all day, and neither does this. However, of the different brands that I have tried, this has worked the best. It will last my whole day of classes, which is better than I can say for most brands. Also I like the fact that they make a special formula for oily skin, and I have gone through about 4 bottles and it has never made me break out. Also, the shades are a lot better than most because they dont have that obnoxious pink undertone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by aprilmartin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect foundation for my super oily skin. It's the best liquid foundation I've found so far that helps control oil. It's long lasting and it doesn't even feel like I have foundation on. In fact I have slept in it a couple of times and it didn't cause me to breakout. Makes my skin soft and smooth. I use it for weekends and anytime I'm going out. For work I use mineral foundation. Definetly a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 10:58:00 AM More reviews by harryboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE this foundation!! I have bought sooo many long lasting foundations and this is the ONLY one that lasts and controls oil ALL day. I wish I had found it years ago. It mever looks heavy and my skin looks so even and beautiful. Im Mac NC20/25 and use Buff in Colorstay. I don't find anything wrong with getting it off at the end of the day I just use a simple cleansing wipe. PERFECT

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2007 2:30:00 AM More reviews by KERSTINA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

great coverage, good staying power compared to most foundations but would not say that it lasts all day, the bottle lasts forever since you don't need to use very much, kind of hard to wash off your face though, I've had some luck with mixing foundations so I mix my Colorstay foundation with Kohl's American Beauty half and half so that it gives my face a glow(American Beauty) and lasts a long time(Revlon Colorstay).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2007 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Lyndsey_Lush

I have : combination skin (oily Tzone), shade NC20.

I use this foundation in shade NUDE in the winter and Natural beige in the summer. This has great staying power...lasts for hours, and also GREAT COVERAGE. Because i have combination it can sometimes feel dry on my skin. so if you have dry skin i wouldnt reccommend this, its best for normal/combo. It covers blemishes really well but IT DOES look like your wearing foundation if your going for that natural look i wouldnt buy this foundation. I always tend to come back to this foundation, even doh ive tried MAC, ESTEE LAUDER, CLARINS, CLINIQUE....you name it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 12:24:00 AM More reviews by courtlee128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Since I'm trying to save money for my wedding coming up I've had to get on a tight budget. Meaning I had to start buying cheaper makeup for one. I had heard good things about Revlon Colorstay products being great for the price. First I tried the eye and blemish conceilers and loved both. They didn't crease or run for hours and did not break me out. I tried the foundation for combo/oily skin and was impressed. It seemed to work just as well as my MAC makeup. The conceiler actually worked a little better in my opinion. All 3 of these products are worth giving a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2007 5:52:00 AM More reviews by gwenstefani07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tryed this because I heard so many raves about this from so many other women and it was horrible I tryed the one with the softflex in it and it didnt stay on for over 8 hours like they say it does it made my face look oily and I never have oily skin!! It felt like it was falling off my face, Worst foundation I ever tryed! I dont understand the hype anymore why everyone likes it so much I was super dissapointed in it. Maybe the original formula is better? Maybe I should give the original formula a try?, I dont know if that would make a difference though...?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Sammy311

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I scored 3 ($4 each) of these tonight at Big Lots and was very happy about it. I like this version better than the Softflex version, for sure, which is a bit more watery and which also annoys me with that silly reference to something called "comfort technology." (Revlon must think women are totally brainless to buy all that.) So, now I am drowning in Revlon Colorstay foundation and couldn't be happier. I have tried all sorts of top brands and this is the one I like best...go figure. :-)