July 22, 2014 | 1130 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 10:58:00 AM More reviews by harryboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE this foundation!! I have bought sooo many long lasting foundations and this is the ONLY one that lasts and controls oil ALL day. I wish I had found it years ago. It mever looks heavy and my skin looks so even and beautiful. Im Mac NC20/25 and use Buff in Colorstay. I don't find anything wrong with getting it off at the end of the day I just use a simple cleansing wipe. PERFECT

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2007 2:30:00 AM More reviews by KERSTINA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

great coverage, good staying power compared to most foundations but would not say that it lasts all day, the bottle lasts forever since you don't need to use very much, kind of hard to wash off your face though, I've had some luck with mixing foundations so I mix my Colorstay foundation with Kohl's American Beauty half and half so that it gives my face a glow(American Beauty) and lasts a long time(Revlon Colorstay).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2007 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Lyndsey_Lush

I have : combination skin (oily Tzone), shade NC20.

I use this foundation in shade NUDE in the winter and Natural beige in the summer. This has great staying power...lasts for hours, and also GREAT COVERAGE. Because i have combination it can sometimes feel dry on my skin. so if you have dry skin i wouldnt reccommend this, its best for normal/combo. It covers blemishes really well but IT DOES look like your wearing foundation if your going for that natural look i wouldnt buy this foundation. I always tend to come back to this foundation, even doh ive tried MAC, ESTEE LAUDER, CLARINS, CLINIQUE....you name it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 12:24:00 AM More reviews by courtlee128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Since I'm trying to save money for my wedding coming up I've had to get on a tight budget. Meaning I had to start buying cheaper makeup for one. I had heard good things about Revlon Colorstay products being great for the price. First I tried the eye and blemish conceilers and loved both. They didn't crease or run for hours and did not break me out. I tried the foundation for combo/oily skin and was impressed. It seemed to work just as well as my MAC makeup. The conceiler actually worked a little better in my opinion. All 3 of these products are worth giving a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2007 5:52:00 AM More reviews by gwenstefani07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tryed this because I heard so many raves about this from so many other women and it was horrible I tryed the one with the softflex in it and it didnt stay on for over 8 hours like they say it does it made my face look oily and I never have oily skin!! It felt like it was falling off my face, Worst foundation I ever tryed! I dont understand the hype anymore why everyone likes it so much I was super dissapointed in it. Maybe the original formula is better? Maybe I should give the original formula a try?, I dont know if that would make a difference though...?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Sammy311

I scored 3 ($4 each) of these tonight at Big Lots and was very happy about it. I like this version better than the Softflex version, for sure, which is a bit more watery and which also annoys me with that silly reference to something called "comfort technology." (Revlon must think women are totally brainless to buy all that.) So, now I am drowning in Revlon Colorstay foundation and couldn't be happier. I have tried all sorts of top brands and this is the one I like best...go figure. :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Revlon ColorStay has been wonderful. Let me explain this is not for the dry sensitive skin girl. This foundation is great for greasy girls who want a matte look. It blots up the oils and creates a flat matte look that feels beauiful.

Keep in mind this is a foundation that needs be thoroughly removed or acne will bounce back to haunt you. Be wise and remove the make up even if it is 3am and you just want to crash after the party.

Years ago I tried it without the soft flex in a shade called Buff Chamois. I was so upset when they discontinued it. But, years later I tried it again and it seems even better. This foundation really STAYS put. And it dries fast. Move quickly or you'll be stuck. If you do not blend correctly it is stuck where you put it. Unless you scrub hard to get it off. The coverage is excellent but I wonder if it is good (healthy ) for my skin. If it breaks you out in a few days stop using it. So far for me as long as I take the time and effort to remove the make up I have not broken out. The foundation really covers far more than a medium coverage. It is solid and lasts all work day.

Make sure you use mosturizer prior to this foundation that way it is
    easier to take off later. A primer might be wise too!

The shades I use work great Buff and Nude. And sometimes Ivory
    in areas I need to conceal. Sand Beige does not work for me seams
    to oxidize into an ugly orange color. I have tried this in both oil and dry
    combinations.

I am not sure but I believe EL is owned by Revlon or the other way around. I think this Revlon Colorstay is a cheaper version of the EL doublewear. Both really stay put.

Doublewear is a great product too just a little more expensive.
    So far I like Revolon color stay. It is not my every day make up as sometimes I like less coverage but over all it is a great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2007 4:02:00 AM More reviews by RachelnLuke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Does anyone know if this makeup is drying? I have dry skin and I don't want even dryer skin!

Right now I am using Almay Line Minimizing Foundation and it works very well in hiding fine lines around your eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2007 6:07:00 AM More reviews by katebosworthfan

It looks good on application. But as the day goes on it turns orange!! You can see where the makeup ends and my face begins...perhaps the shade wasn't as good but living in quite a hot country (Australia) and having a stressful busy job....this foundation is not fit for me. It's good to use at night when I can get away with heavier makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2006 12:23:00 PM More reviews by CoconutBreeze

I am not one for wearing foundation. Prehaps I just don't know how to apply it right, but every foundation I have tried, has left my face oily, cakey and orange looking. Blah!!! :(

Anyway, this was on sale, so I thought I would try it. In the past I have bought cheaper foundations, so just maybe that is why I didn't like it. Bad quality etc. Well, i used this one morning and it really did make my face look so much better. I mean it looked more natural. It didn't leave me with streaks. I was happy with the light tan color. I really thought .. wow, prehaps I can wear foundation without it looking bad. I went on about my day, happy and confident that my makeup was looking great.

Well, after a days work.. I went home, looked in the mirror, and OH MY OH MY! It was horrible. My face had turned a burnt orange color. It was streaking, and all clumpy looking. What a awful thing to see after thinking that my foundation was looking good all day. I was so upset. I didn't ever use this again. It even made me break out in places I've never broken out in before. AWFUL is the only word I can describe this product. Revlon is usually a great company, but this product is one of their worst. Prehaps it will work for you, but for me, it was an experience I never want to repeat.