September 17, 2014 | 2094 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by erinfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I had really bad acne, this was the makeup I always used to buy. It covers very well, but like some people said, it's almost mask-like. You also have to blend very quickly to get it on because it dries fast. I will say though that it was the one makeup that I could sweat through and not get those weird sweat pores on my nose, so during the 1990s, this makeup was a godsend. I don't think it's a horrible makeup, it just is hard to work with. I stays put, just like it claims, but you will have to wash your face a few times to get it all off. All in all, I this makeup isn't that bad, but now that my skin has cleared, I don't need as much coverage. The color selection is also very good. I'd recommend this makeup if you're looking for a lot of coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2007 3:31:00 PM More reviews by waddlesworth

I havent tried many foundations, but this works great. I dont think its mask like or hard to put on or hard to take off. Its just fine. It makes my skin look perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by crazek

ALL SUMMER AND USE IT FOR MY SUNSCREEN
    AND IT STAY PUT.I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY
    ABOUT REAPPLYING.IT IS TRICKY TO APPLY
    BUT IF YOU TAKE A DAMP MAKEUP SPONGE
    AND BLOT IT ON IT WILL COME OUT GREAT.
    USE SMALL AMTS AND LAYER IT FOR BETTER
    COVERAGE.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation ends up looking very mask-like if you're not extremely careful when you apply it. You must have a very light hand, and be quick for it to look natural at all. Also on me it oxidized within a couple hours and turned orange, and it didn't really do anything for oil control. When my oil started to break through the foundation started looking clumpy and weird. Ew! I suppose for evening and if your face isn't super oily this would work ok, but it's not a good one for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by sarahannej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to level with you. This product is horrible. It DOES NOT BLEND. The moment you apply it to your face it begins drying out. It really does STAY PUT wherever it is put. It is also a horrible *itch to get off your face. Heaven forbid you should blend it incorrectly- because you will have to scrub your face clean and start all over. Once you make a mistake it will NOT come off. It also looks very "mask like". Ugh. This is the worst product I have ever tried. Never again (shaking head), Never again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by nowornever56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, no make up ever stays on my skill all day, and neither does this. However, of the different brands that I have tried, this has worked the best. It will last my whole day of classes, which is better than I can say for most brands. Also I like the fact that they make a special formula for oily skin, and I have gone through about 4 bottles and it has never made me break out. Also, the shades are a lot better than most because they dont have that obnoxious pink undertone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by aprilmartin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect foundation for my super oily skin. It's the best liquid foundation I've found so far that helps control oil. It's long lasting and it doesn't even feel like I have foundation on. In fact I have slept in it a couple of times and it didn't cause me to breakout. Makes my skin soft and smooth. I use it for weekends and anytime I'm going out. For work I use mineral foundation. Definetly a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2007 10:58:00 AM More reviews by harryboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE this foundation!! I have bought sooo many long lasting foundations and this is the ONLY one that lasts and controls oil ALL day. I wish I had found it years ago. It mever looks heavy and my skin looks so even and beautiful. Im Mac NC20/25 and use Buff in Colorstay. I don't find anything wrong with getting it off at the end of the day I just use a simple cleansing wipe. PERFECT

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2007 2:30:00 AM More reviews by KERSTINA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

great coverage, good staying power compared to most foundations but would not say that it lasts all day, the bottle lasts forever since you don't need to use very much, kind of hard to wash off your face though, I've had some luck with mixing foundations so I mix my Colorstay foundation with Kohl's American Beauty half and half so that it gives my face a glow(American Beauty) and lasts a long time(Revlon Colorstay).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2007 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Lyndsey_Lush

I have : combination skin (oily Tzone), shade NC20.

I use this foundation in shade NUDE in the winter and Natural beige in the summer. This has great staying power...lasts for hours, and also GREAT COVERAGE. Because i have combination it can sometimes feel dry on my skin. so if you have dry skin i wouldnt reccommend this, its best for normal/combo. It covers blemishes really well but IT DOES look like your wearing foundation if your going for that natural look i wouldnt buy this foundation. I always tend to come back to this foundation, even doh ive tried MAC, ESTEE LAUDER, CLARINS, CLINIQUE....you name it.