September 18, 2014 | 1690 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2007 1:14:00 AM More reviews by LiveWireTaiji

I bought this for Oily/Combo skin in Medium Beige... Unfortunately, while I loved the coverage, lasting quality, and finish... It broke me out horribly! Although I have acne-prone skin, I've never had a product break me out quite like this. I developed four huge, angry cysts on the right side of my face! And I had little pimples (whiteheads) here and there... I was horrified. I loved this foundation, so I didn't want to get rid of it, but I'm 99% positive that this is what broke me out.

In terms of application, this tends to be a little hard to spread out. So I mix it with just a dab of my Cetaphil moisturizer when applying, and it's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by skandia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To start off with, I have very acne-prone, fair skin and I apply foundations with a brush.

I use the Colorstay with Softflex for Normal/Dry skin in Ivory and I get a beautiful, soft medium/full coverage. The finish isn't scary matte or the creepy grease look that so many other foundations love to provide, but rather a natural-looking, fresh look. It's not what I would call dewy, but it also doesn't look like I've used up four powder puffs on my face.

Perhaps most importantly, this foundation has NEVER made me break out. I experience adverse reactions all the time from facial products, but Colorstay is my rock that never fails.

I love you, Colorstay-- but I can't fit my brush into your bottle!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by synth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

From relatively close up, this makeup is completely visible on my face. It accentuates the rough, flaky patches of my skin, and applies in streaks. After a few days of wearing it I started to develop a zit here and there, which is significant to me because I'm normally not acne prone at all. Considering this is, at most, a drugstore quality product, the price is too high ($18CAD).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

This is a foundation I have come back to and bought again and again over the years. I have tried a million different foundations and this is my HG so far. It leaves skin looking even toned, covers any redness really well, doesnt accentuate my pores or fine lines and has good staying power. Its a medium to full coverage depending on how much and how you apply. (Its more natural looking than EL double wear but doesnt wear for quite as long.) Once its set its set so you have to blend fairly quickly. You can apply with a brush, fingers or sponge. I like a slightly damp sponge best, used with a brush provides a more madeup look. For colour reference I use buff in this for my NW20 skin and its a perfect colour match (prob more perfect that NW20, not as pinky). After application I set with loose powder. Make sure you use a good cleanser with this foundation.

Ingredients:
    Water , Cyclomethicone , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Butylene Glycol , Boron Nitride , Dimethicone , SD Alcohol 40-B , PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone , Nylon-12 , Tribehenin , Isododecane , Polyisobutene , Sodium Chloride , Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone , Bisabolol , Silk Powder , Tocopheryl Acetate , Retinyl Palmitate , Mallow Extract , Lily Bulb Extract , Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Ext , Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract , Silk , Alumina , Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethylsilsesquioxane Copo , Ethylene Brassylate , Methicone , Trisiloxane , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Tetrasodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Mica CI 77019 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide CI 77891 - May Contain , Iron Oxides CI 77491, 77492, 77499 - May Contain

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2007 3:10:00 PM More reviews by MadameParfum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this in my late 20's and it ruined the texture of my skin. I got wrinkles and crepey skin while using it. Luckily my skin improved when I switched to other foundations, but it took a while. Otherwise, the coverage was good, the color ok (kinda pinkish), and it lasted very well.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by rhimix

I'm not sure about this product. This is the first foundation I have ever used, so I don't know whether or not all foundations are like/similiar to this but anyway.....
    I accidentally bought this in a shade too light for my skin (I thought I'd be the palest but I'm the second to lightest shade) It went on easily and evened out my skintone, but the my skin tone insn't nessicarily really uneven, it's just I had a few acne marks I wanted to cover, and I found concealer wears off too quickly by the end of the day. This didn't cover the marks, and if anything, made them a bit more obvious. Oh well, Revlon is usually a good brand, so I bet that this was normal.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2007 2:34:00 PM More reviews by ohmandyissodandy

Overall, this is a pretty good foundation. It gives GREAT coverage and has never broken me out. It also lasts me all day long and doesn't make me look like a greaseball... BUT... I have very pale skin and the lightest color shows up way too pinkish/orangish on me. Also, I hate the packaging... I wish it would come with a pump. Also, its a bit of a pain to wash off at night, but I found using Pond's Cold Cream helps get every trace of this foundation off. =] If my skin magically decides to get a bit tanner in the future, then i'd definitely buy this again... but until then, i'm still on the search for my HG.

Edit: Im still frusterated with the colors of this foundation... the ivory was wayy too pink.. and the buff is wayy too yellow! AHH I never win! haha. Anyways, I gave this one more lippy because this foundation has been holding up wonderfully through humid days and all nighters with friends. Next im going to try out Max Factors lasting performance foundation and mary kays medium coverage foundation to see if I can get a better color match.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by calstudent25

At first, I thought this was great. I was desperate to find a drugstore makeup that I would be happy with. This was the end of my search, or so I thought. I would only use very little as it's very potent stuff (foundation-wise). It does not budge and will definitely last all day. It lasts so well that it seems to be a struggle to get it off of your face at the end of the day. After a few weeks of constant use, I started to break out a little and the texture of my skin was horrible. This stuff works wonders in terms of coverage but it just wasn't worth it for me. I know it works well for many people so that's why I gave it 3 lippies but I think I'll stick with something better from now on. Definitely headed to a department store from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2007 2:54:00 PM More reviews by jlcana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hate this stuff!! No good color matches for my fair-med warm tone skin! It fade into my skin and did not last on me. I tried it with and without moisturizer underneath and it still did not last on me. Heavy glass bottle but its recyclable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by MMarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice medium to full coverage all day wear foundation for an excellent price. I wear it more in the winter months because it's a tad heavy for my oily skin in the summer. It is just as good as any dept store all day, stay in place foundation, actually better. There are many shades to choose from & you can also choose your skin type. I am the combination/oily type. They changed the formula awhile back & I do not like the newer formula quite as well, but I am in the minority on this. I would definitely recommend this MU to anyone looking for an affordable stay in place foundation! Also did not break me out at all!