October 31, 2014 | 810 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Js30

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this product for years because I read that it is a good choice for those with oily skin,such as I have.
    Even with the soft-flex technology,it is still very matte which is why I like it.
    It must be applied sparingly and quickly as it dries fast. It has absolute great coverage!

However,I dont like how it's packaged in the glass bottle.Having to "dip" fingers in the jar could spread bacteria and potentially be bad for acne sufferers.
    The SPF content could also make acne worse.(Which is a problem when nearly every single make up now has SPF in it.Dont they understand some of us dont want SPF in a make up? I hardly go outside at all and would like a make up without SPF since I'm prone to break outs)
    Other than that it is a good product that is execellent if you need good coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2007 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Hollenbubble

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought the combo/oily version of this product. Pros outweighed by cons.
    COLOUR: Unfortunately, I was right in between shades with this - Buff was too pale, Sand Beige too orangey.
    TEXTURE: Thickish liquid. Have to blend fast, because it sets fast. Felt a little heavy for me.
    COVERAGE: Full - and it does cover well, but at the expense of looking too thick.
    FINISH: I found it to settle into my pores a little too much. I definitely looked like I was wearing foundation and it wasn't at all mattifying, despite claiming to be for oily skin. Had to put powder over the top which only added to unnatural effect.
    WEAR: Did last all day, but left me shiny a few hours in.
    Overall, I was not happy with this product and wouldn't repurchase. Quite upset by the fact that I have wasted 11 quid...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2007 8:15:00 AM More reviews by jgorog

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I wasn't a huge fan of this. What I did like was that it does have great coverage and you get a huge amount of product. But it just feels really heavy and has a tendency to turn orange by the end of the day. It's also very good at grabbing onto flakes & making them look really obvious.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 10:45:00 AM More reviews by lolala10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In my opinion, this drugstore foundation is better than most of the more expensive department store ones, less the packaging. It is almost fullcoverage when used with a foundation brush, and it can be used mixing with sunscreen. The foundation stays all day without chaning color or sliding off. Some other revlon foundations tend to look shinny after 2 hrs but the colorstay stays velvety. The real color tends to be darker than estee lauder and other expensive brand, so choose a lighter shade. I have ivory. great value, great performance!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2007 7:35:00 AM More reviews by rsm1309

First of all I think it's very important to point out that there are two versions of this make-up - the original Colorstay, and the newer formula with SoftFlex. Unfortunately, there seems to be quite a mix up with the reviews even though MUA has catagories for both - a shame because there is a big difference between the two foundations, IMHO.

I'm reviewing the original Colorstay without Softflex.

This is one of the best foundations I've ever tried, and one that I've repurchased several times. It seems to combine fairly full coverage with a relatively natural look - quite a difficult combination to find. The foundation is very liquidy and runny, so not the quickest or easiest to apply - and I had some trepidation initially as I felt I was really caking my skin with it. However, a little practise showed that only a very small amount was needed, as it goes a long way. If you want to cover blemishes or uneven areas a good tip is to apply the foundation, but wait a few moments before starting to blend, as letting it set a little first gives even better coverage. I found the shade range very good, with natural beige-ivory-tones, rather than pink or orange (I use Buff and Sand Beige ). This foundation lasts a long time, and doesn't rub off. Despite this, its not as matt as many longwear oily skin type foundations - a real boon, as these can often appear mask like and unatural. After a few hours a very small amount of oil/glow may start to come through, though in my opinion this just makes the foundation look more satiny and natural. It's certainly not bad enough to need to powder or reapplication. You do need a thorough cleanser to remove it at the end of the day though. I do agree that the bottle is impractical and would like to see a plastic bottle, or pump dispenser.

I have also tried the Softflex version, but hated it. Basically it seemed to have none of the properties of the original, and was quite silicony and slippery, givingworse coverage and no staying power - crap!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2007 2:55:00 PM More reviews by oilyface

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to try this product for the first time at my husbands company picnic. I sunbathed with it on, I went swimming, I went on a banana boat ride, and this makeup was still perfectly on my face! I looked great. I wore the original colorstay(without softflex) in the horrible glass bottle. I have very oily 40yr old skin. It did'nt make my fine lines look worse either. I also put on the revlon colorstay concealer(the one that was discontinued, in the "wand" applicator) and put face powder on with a fluffy brush. And it was HOT & Humid out that day. I was impressed! did not break me out! another +. Would buy again! Came completley off with Olay sensitive skin foaming face wash. Easily. Wow!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2007 1:14:00 AM More reviews by LiveWireTaiji

I bought this for Oily/Combo skin in Medium Beige... Unfortunately, while I loved the coverage, lasting quality, and finish... It broke me out horribly! Although I have acne-prone skin, I've never had a product break me out quite like this. I developed four huge, angry cysts on the right side of my face! And I had little pimples (whiteheads) here and there... I was horrified. I loved this foundation, so I didn't want to get rid of it, but I'm 99% positive that this is what broke me out.

In terms of application, this tends to be a little hard to spread out. So I mix it with just a dab of my Cetaphil moisturizer when applying, and it's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by skandia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To start off with, I have very acne-prone, fair skin and I apply foundations with a brush.

I use the Colorstay with Softflex for Normal/Dry skin in Ivory and I get a beautiful, soft medium/full coverage. The finish isn't scary matte or the creepy grease look that so many other foundations love to provide, but rather a natural-looking, fresh look. It's not what I would call dewy, but it also doesn't look like I've used up four powder puffs on my face.

Perhaps most importantly, this foundation has NEVER made me break out. I experience adverse reactions all the time from facial products, but Colorstay is my rock that never fails.

I love you, Colorstay-- but I can't fit my brush into your bottle!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by synth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

From relatively close up, this makeup is completely visible on my face. It accentuates the rough, flaky patches of my skin, and applies in streaks. After a few days of wearing it I started to develop a zit here and there, which is significant to me because I'm normally not acne prone at all. Considering this is, at most, a drugstore quality product, the price is too high ($18CAD).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 5:19:00 PM More reviews by SinfullyGirly

This is a foundation I have come back to and bought again and again over the years. I have tried a million different foundations and this is my HG so far. It leaves skin looking even toned, covers any redness really well, doesnt accentuate my pores or fine lines and has good staying power. Its a medium to full coverage depending on how much and how you apply. (Its more natural looking than EL double wear but doesnt wear for quite as long.) Once its set its set so you have to blend fairly quickly. You can apply with a brush, fingers or sponge. I like a slightly damp sponge best, used with a brush provides a more madeup look. For colour reference I use buff in this for my NW20 skin and its a perfect colour match (prob more perfect that NW20, not as pinky). After application I set with loose powder. Make sure you use a good cleanser with this foundation.

Ingredients:
    Water , Cyclomethicone , Trimethylsiloxysilicate , Butylene Glycol , Boron Nitride , Dimethicone , SD Alcohol 40-B , PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone , Nylon-12 , Tribehenin , Isododecane , Polyisobutene , Sodium Chloride , Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone , Bisabolol , Silk Powder , Tocopheryl Acetate , Retinyl Palmitate , Mallow Extract , Lily Bulb Extract , Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Ext , Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract , Silk , Alumina , Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethylsilsesquioxane Copo , Ethylene Brassylate , Methicone , Trisiloxane , Sorbitan Sesquioleate , Tetrasodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Mica CI 77019 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide CI 77891 - May Contain , Iron Oxides CI 77491, 77492, 77499 - May Contain