July 22, 2014 | 1151 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by calstudent25

At first, I thought this was great. I was desperate to find a drugstore makeup that I would be happy with. This was the end of my search, or so I thought. I would only use very little as it's very potent stuff (foundation-wise). It does not budge and will definitely last all day. It lasts so well that it seems to be a struggle to get it off of your face at the end of the day. After a few weeks of constant use, I started to break out a little and the texture of my skin was horrible. This stuff works wonders in terms of coverage but it just wasn't worth it for me. I know it works well for many people so that's why I gave it 3 lippies but I think I'll stick with something better from now on. Definitely headed to a department store from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2007 2:54:00 PM More reviews by jlcana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I hate this stuff!! No good color matches for my fair-med warm tone skin! It fade into my skin and did not last on me. I tried it with and without moisturizer underneath and it still did not last on me. Heavy glass bottle but its recyclable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by MMarie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice medium to full coverage all day wear foundation for an excellent price. I wear it more in the winter months because it's a tad heavy for my oily skin in the summer. It is just as good as any dept store all day, stay in place foundation, actually better. There are many shades to choose from & you can also choose your skin type. I am the combination/oily type. They changed the formula awhile back & I do not like the newer formula quite as well, but I am in the minority on this. I would definitely recommend this MU to anyone looking for an affordable stay in place foundation! Also did not break me out at all!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by erinfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I had really bad acne, this was the makeup I always used to buy. It covers very well, but like some people said, it's almost mask-like. You also have to blend very quickly to get it on because it dries fast. I will say though that it was the one makeup that I could sweat through and not get those weird sweat pores on my nose, so during the 1990s, this makeup was a godsend. I don't think it's a horrible makeup, it just is hard to work with. I stays put, just like it claims, but you will have to wash your face a few times to get it all off. All in all, I this makeup isn't that bad, but now that my skin has cleared, I don't need as much coverage. The color selection is also very good. I'd recommend this makeup if you're looking for a lot of coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2007 3:31:00 PM More reviews by waddlesworth

I havent tried many foundations, but this works great. I dont think its mask like or hard to put on or hard to take off. Its just fine. It makes my skin look perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by crazek

ALL SUMMER AND USE IT FOR MY SUNSCREEN
    AND IT STAY PUT.I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY
    ABOUT REAPPLYING.IT IS TRICKY TO APPLY
    BUT IF YOU TAKE A DAMP MAKEUP SPONGE
    AND BLOT IT ON IT WILL COME OUT GREAT.
    USE SMALL AMTS AND LAYER IT FOR BETTER
    COVERAGE.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2007 6:07:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation ends up looking very mask-like if you're not extremely careful when you apply it. You must have a very light hand, and be quick for it to look natural at all. Also on me it oxidized within a couple hours and turned orange, and it didn't really do anything for oil control. When my oil started to break through the foundation started looking clumpy and weird. Ew! I suppose for evening and if your face isn't super oily this would work ok, but it's not a good one for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2007 12:00:00 PM More reviews by sarahannej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to level with you. This product is horrible. It DOES NOT BLEND. The moment you apply it to your face it begins drying out. It really does STAY PUT wherever it is put. It is also a horrible *itch to get off your face. Heaven forbid you should blend it incorrectly- because you will have to scrub your face clean and start all over. Once you make a mistake it will NOT come off. It also looks very "mask like". Ugh. This is the worst product I have ever tried. Never again (shaking head), Never again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by nowornever56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Well, no make up ever stays on my skill all day, and neither does this. However, of the different brands that I have tried, this has worked the best. It will last my whole day of classes, which is better than I can say for most brands. Also I like the fact that they make a special formula for oily skin, and I have gone through about 4 bottles and it has never made me break out. Also, the shades are a lot better than most because they dont have that obnoxious pink undertone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2007 1:43:00 PM More reviews by aprilmartin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect foundation for my super oily skin. It's the best liquid foundation I've found so far that helps control oil. It's long lasting and it doesn't even feel like I have foundation on. In fact I have slept in it a couple of times and it didn't cause me to breakout. Makes my skin soft and smooth. I use it for weekends and anytime I'm going out. For work I use mineral foundation. Definetly a keeper!