October 2, 2014 | 1091 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2007 1:19:00 PM More reviews by mbarber

I agree with the reviewer who said this is the "colorstay with out soft flex". I purchased this at BigLots for $4.00. It does not have Soft-flex in it but it does have SPF. I bought Ivory. I am very fair with some occasional redness. I applied it with a make-up sponge, the triangle ones. You do have to do one area at a time because it does dry fast. Blotting worked best instead of wiping it on. Ivory does not seem to have any pink undertones in it. It does seem sticky after your done applying, but if you wait it does seem to change. I'm sure it has to dry. So don't put any powder on just then. I didn't have to powder my nose for hours. I does it's job of staying on and covering everything! Sometimes I may want something a little lighter to wear for everyday use. But this is the foundation to use for when you want to look your best and have a flawless look. Like for pictures or on camera. Or when you want to show up at that reunion ,and show all those people who made fun of your acne, who's the pretty one now!!!!! Bring it on!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by jojobean

This foundation goes on very smoothly and blends like a dream. It has a medium coverage--perfect for girls with the occasionaly breakouts. The color selection was very good, but I found that it causes my face to look oily a few hours after application. So, I started putting a loose powder like MAC Blot Powder over it and I found it slightly minimized this side-effect. Other than that, it looks very natural and does what it's supposed to.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2007 10:20:00 AM More reviews by hitandrun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For some reason Revlon products give me burning. It's like my head is on fire and not in the cool way that Nicholas Cage burned in Ghost Rider. This burning starts off slow and escalates within seconds to feel like my skin is dripping off, basically a chemical burn leaving my skin slightly red. There must be some harsh chemicals in there because I have only experienced this with Revlon skin products. A shame as they have some pretty cool colours and I am a sucker for the celebrity advertisements.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2007 11:54:00 PM More reviews by mdamiani

I am using this foundation for about 12 years now, and would agree that the older version of the make up was much better.I do love the coverage, and the shade I am using is Sand beige. When I first apply it, it looks a bit pale, but after 30 min. or so it changes to the right shade for my skin. The bottle is what I don't like. After a while I find that foundation in the bottle changes colour and it becomes thicker than it should be. It is harder to apply it when that happens. But I don't think I am going to stop to use it. It still gives me that nice matte coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by lastaats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. It really does stay on longer than any other i've tried and it covers really well. I am really pale though and even the lightest doesn't totally match my skin so i do have to use a lighter powder to help lighten it. But i keep coming back and buying more until i find something that covers and smooths as well as this.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Rockette13

This foundation is ok. The lightest shade was too dark for me, but I'm used to that by now. I am very pale. The coverage was decent and I son't think it broke my skin out at all, but the fragrance was horrible. Plus, it often ended up looking streaky since it dries so fast. I'm sure this foundation would work for some people, but I know that I can find better. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Js30

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this product for years because I read that it is a good choice for those with oily skin,such as I have.
    Even with the soft-flex technology,it is still very matte which is why I like it.
    It must be applied sparingly and quickly as it dries fast. It has absolute great coverage!

However,I dont like how it's packaged in the glass bottle.Having to "dip" fingers in the jar could spread bacteria and potentially be bad for acne sufferers.
    The SPF content could also make acne worse.(Which is a problem when nearly every single make up now has SPF in it.Dont they understand some of us dont want SPF in a make up? I hardly go outside at all and would like a make up without SPF since I'm prone to break outs)
    Other than that it is a good product that is execellent if you need good coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2007 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Hollenbubble

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought the combo/oily version of this product. Pros outweighed by cons.
    COLOUR: Unfortunately, I was right in between shades with this - Buff was too pale, Sand Beige too orangey.
    TEXTURE: Thickish liquid. Have to blend fast, because it sets fast. Felt a little heavy for me.
    COVERAGE: Full - and it does cover well, but at the expense of looking too thick.
    FINISH: I found it to settle into my pores a little too much. I definitely looked like I was wearing foundation and it wasn't at all mattifying, despite claiming to be for oily skin. Had to put powder over the top which only added to unnatural effect.
    WEAR: Did last all day, but left me shiny a few hours in.
    Overall, I was not happy with this product and wouldn't repurchase. Quite upset by the fact that I have wasted 11 quid...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2007 8:15:00 AM More reviews by jgorog

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I wasn't a huge fan of this. What I did like was that it does have great coverage and you get a huge amount of product. But it just feels really heavy and has a tendency to turn orange by the end of the day. It's also very good at grabbing onto flakes & making them look really obvious.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 10:45:00 AM More reviews by lolala10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In my opinion, this drugstore foundation is better than most of the more expensive department store ones, less the packaging. It is almost fullcoverage when used with a foundation brush, and it can be used mixing with sunscreen. The foundation stays all day without chaning color or sliding off. Some other revlon foundations tend to look shinny after 2 hrs but the colorstay stays velvety. The real color tends to be darker than estee lauder and other expensive brand, so choose a lighter shade. I have ivory. great value, great performance!